main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I drink your tears of unhappiness! Muwahahahahaha!

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Probably for the best. I would have liked to given it one last season to wrap up things like Rex, Maul, and Asajj's fates, etc.

But my God was S5 (overall) terrible IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show gets cancelled for no other reason than "all resources are going to the sequels." Never really understood that justification for 1313, but apparently that got put on indefinite hold in light of the sequels. I would say that perhaps TCW is getting put on hold, but to be realistic, I can't see them bringing TCW back once a new era of Star Wars gets kicked off on the big screen, they'd probably much rather pool resources into other Star Wars related TV projects at that point than revert to yet more TCW - and I would want them to move onto other projects too.

3. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Crap. I really hope that TCW doesn't get cancelled. Cross your fingers peeps

earlchinna and Order66Survivor like this.
  4. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    Your avatar is oddly fitting right now.

credar likes this.
  5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

6. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
  7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  8. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    I really don't think that Disney would throw away a large franchise inside of a franchise. I mean they get a huge audience viewing, lots of merch, and even got a little RPG game for the kids the fiddle around with. Talk about a lot of moo-lah coming in. At least have one season more and tie everything up.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    There are certainly a number of characters and storylines that I'd like to have seen addressed during a sixth season of TCW. Ahsoka had her moment and unless she was going to have her story wraped up in a more 'final' manner, I don't think any more is necessarily required to tell her story. That is to say that if we don't get anymore TCW, I'm okay with how Tano's story wrapped up. I cannot, however, say the same for Captain Rex and a few other specific characters and I really hope some effort is made to bring us the rest of the story.

I'll say this: If we have seen the last of the show, I can honestly say that I've enjoyed the (admittedly uneven) ride. One of my pleasures has been to sit down Friday evenings and then Saturday mornings and enjoy a weekly helping of new, George Lucas-involved, Star Wars. It has been especially fun over the last couple of seasons as I've had the pleasure of watching the show with my daughter. I hope that she and I will have the chance to do that again with more new, weekly SW content.

To all those involved in bringing us The Clone Wars, thank you.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    A longer preview of the Clovis Arc :p

11. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    [​IMG]
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

Shame though. It was a really good show when it was on its A game.

12. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Haha that whole "run for it" that Anakin said was so...weird and cheesy. He like stopped moving for a second and then pointed like it was not a rush at all...lol XD

13. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Selling to Disney was a bad idea. I thought it was said that LFL would be kept largely independent?

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Sure, they'll be independent. They're not allowed to make any content though. Enjoy your independence!

15. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Bad for who? I think it will be great for fans, and produce great Star Wars stories. But f Lucas thought he would still have any significant creative control over Star Wars, it will be bad for him. As I've said before, I think he'll be in for a rude shock the first time he tries to tell Bob Iger or J. J. Abrams what's what in the Star Wars world - about the same shock that Gene Roddenberry must have gotten when he tried doing that with Nick Meyer during the making of Wrath of Khan.

Define: "largely".

16. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    That's an understatement...

07jonesj likes this.
  17. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    So I haven't been really paying attention..

....should I start getting scared now or tomorrow?

18. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    If George is no longer in control of what's what in SW does that mean Abrams will be able to change the canon? I can't imagine a worse way to PO the fans. I'd imagine that Abrams will rely on George a lot throughout the film making process, all though George wont be able to dictate the story. He'll probably just be a consultant.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Tomorrow. Today, you should just bite a nail off or something. :p

20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Fans have been PO'd about ruined canon for a while now, and somehow Lucas never seemed to mind...

21. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    They can't cancel the show without wrapping up Rex's story! I paid 5 bucks for the Rex toothbrush !!

Darthgoodguy and darthbarracuda like this.
  22. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    [​IMG]
    At last, the Clone Wars are no more!

Order66Survivor and Mia Mesharad like this.
  23. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    For someone who doesn't like the clone wars show you post about it quite a lot...

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It says "Although not yet officially confirmed..." But, what the heck, I never heard about this, I know they were looking at cancelling it, but not actually confirming it. Does this mean that they'll still make them and release them on DVD, or is the whole show actually bring cancelled?

25. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    You seem to be under the impression that disliking the direction the show has taken means I am automatically against everything the show has ever done.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.