main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph SEASON PREMIERE ALERT! Top Shot

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Aug 18, 2006.

1. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    I was shocked, but not suprised, that Veronica was killed. She was with Terrance Steadman(a very good new actor I might add) and in the first episode. So that was not all that suprising. I was startled by it. As it was still unexpected. And Linc's reaction was so well played. I was extremely shocked and suprised that Sara Tancredi was still among the living. She looked so dead when the medics found her in her apartment last season.
    I wonder if they're going to have any scenes with Suchre's cousin who fell to the ground during the escape. Or a funeral for Westmorland. Or is he still alive too? As the FBI takes over more and more I will miss Warden Pope(we know Keach said he would not be in season two all that much). And I will definatly miss Bellick.
    The scene with Abruzzi, C-Note, the young girl, and her dad was awesome work. Especially when Abruzzi said something to the affext of "Ya gotta do what you gotta do."
    Some really nice business with T-Bag and the Animal Doctor. That was cool. I hope he does a good job.
    The scenes of the storage facility was, while potentially unintentional, was a fantastic homage to the Fibinacci scenes of Season 1.
    The new FBI agent is interesting. His visit with the tatoo artist from the pilot was a nice touch. And the fact that the tatoo still has some tales to tell. And the pills he took at the Cemetary are going to figure in later. I just know it.

A nice start to the second season. Looking forward to next week.

2. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    I am not sure how I feel about Mahone knowing about the tattoo. I get the fact that the escapees have to be pushed and he has to be in hot pursuit but I just don't know how I feel about that as of yet. But as for the death, it made sense. Veronica could do nothing else other than end the show's premise...so she had to die.

At least next week we get to learn a little bit about Vanilla Ice and I wonder whether Haywire will show up in that episode.

Next week should be interesting.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Great opening episode, caught this last night.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I wasnt surprised at all that Sara lived. I knew she wasnt dead, even though she'd OD'd in the finale.

I kind of wished that they had killed her off, though. She isnt a very strong character, IMO, and with the prison aspect of the storyline essentially over (at least for now) she seems to serve little or no purpose except being the one Michael pines over. Obviously there's no way they'll kill her off now, though; with Veronica dead that leaves Sara as literally the only female regular on the show.

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I really liked Sara, and I'm interested to see how she's going to work into the rest of the series.

I was very surprised that Veronica was killed off.

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The first half hour of the show was great, and feature film like. It will be interesting to see if Linc's kid survives next week.

7. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Itd be too ridiculous if LJ was killed, even for this show.

8. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Also CTV has a longer and different Preview for Lost than ABC dose. I watch it twice for both previews.

PB was great! I just loved it. Micheal had everything planned to a T. Amazing.

Do you think Mike would be stupid enough to get rid of the Hard Drive before wiping it and putting a magnet to it?

9. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ^^That's exactly what my fiancee said as we watched it.

It seems like Bill Ficthner's character may be every bit as OVERPOWERED a character as Scofield is. Which i suppose is the only way you can have a character actually realistically match wits with him. (but still, seeing him VISUALIZE how Scofield thru the hard drive out the window was a bit much.)

This show is SO ridiculously silly, yet i can't stop watching it because of the characters. Love the likes of Tweener, T-Bag and C-Note. And Abruzzi (although it worries me a great deal that his name is NOT listed in the opening credits. I don't think good ole' Pete Stormare is destined to be with us much longer. Too bad, cause i love the guy.)

Was stunned that Sara was still alive (c'mon, she was dead as a doornail at the end of the last season) and at seeing Veronica offed! (Again, the significant other had a great line for that bit: As you seen the shot of her lying dead on the ground with a bullet hole in her forehead: "Uh, yeah, don't think she's recovering from that.")

Television-crack of the most guilty kind. Can't wait for next episode!

10. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Yeah the characters are great in show.

Im glad Veronica was killed, shes one of the weaker characters...

And i hope they dont get rid of Abruzzi! He looks so cool in that mafia flashback, real sopranos!

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Season two of "Weeds" starts tonight on Showcase, if you have it.

12. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Actually, the new season premiered a few weeks back. Three episodes have aired. The show is fantastic. Probably the edgiest, most daring show on television.

13. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    "Bones" is on FOX tonight :D

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    It's premiering where I live.

I'll add "Bones" to the header...

15. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Sorry, Zaz. Didn't realize you said Showcase, not Showtime. Anyway, don't know if you get Showcase, but I hope you tune in to the show if you do.

16. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Weeds is a good show. I missed the last two episodes, but it is a good show.

17. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Unfortunately, I don't get Showcase and have never seen "Weeds." :p

18. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Argh, I missed the last 3 episodes of Bones last spring thanks to the CRTC, so I was totally lost when they started talking about Bones's family being found :(

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight, Dr. Feelbad starts his new season... "House"

20. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
  21. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Can't wait. :)

22. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Neither can I :)

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'll be interested to see how they take the season this year.

24. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Im pooing in excitement!

25. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hopefully more focus on the other characters.