main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph SEASON PREMIERE ALERT! Top Shot

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Aug 18, 2006.

1. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    It's on at 10:30 tonight, right? Instead of Venture since their season just ended.

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    10-11PM

Masters of Horror (Showtime) "The second season of the anthology series debuts with a scary-sheriff story from director Tobe Hooper."

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight on BBC America: "Vincent" British cop show starring Ray Winstone.

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    From EW: "Fabulous Life Presents: Really Rich Real Estate (VH1, TV-PG) ''This show taps into the universal appeal of driving by a fantastic house and wanting to ring the doorbell, go inside, and ask how much is costs.'' It's cute how they think we've never done that."

Yeah...isn't it. :p

(Monday, 10:00-10:30pm)

(Who on earth would this show appeal to?)

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    From EW: Both tonight

"SERIES DEBUT
    11PM-MIDNIGHT

Off the Record (HBO, TV-14) Eurythmics guitarist Dave Stewart ain't no Mike Wallace, but his new rock & roll chat show has potential, especially if he can continue to score guests as candid as U2's Bono and The Edge. The cocktails help too. Plied with margaritas, the pair dish on The Edge's trademark guitar echo, the influence of Patti Smith on Bono's political activism/savior complex, and the group's mercurial songwriting process (''It could have been a great song,'' says Bono of the mostly improvised U2 classic ''Bad''). It's like VH1's Storytellers, but with F-words...because, after all, this is HBO. B+ ? Jeff Jensen

SERIES DEBUT
    8:30-9:30PM

America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions (NFL) Everyone knows the '85 Bears were the greatest Super Bowl team ever, but the football network insists on doing its own top-20 countdown. This premiere features the 1983 Raiders, known for knocking out quarterbacks. But it's not all bait-and-tackle: Marcus Allen's record-breaking 74-yard TD will have you choking back man-tears. B+ ? Aubry D'Arminio"

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight, tonight:

From EW:

"Season Premiere
    King of the HillB+
    ''Culottes aren't cool, even though it sounds like they should be,'' explains dim Luanne. That piece of wisdom sends Peggy, the owner of said culottes, on a search for her femininity that involves a club called ''All the Queen's Men'' and lots of gloves and scarves, if you get my drift. Eleven seasons in, Fox's criminally overlooked sitcom maintains its characters' integrity while still finding new ways to explore their foibles ? in this case, Peggy's freakishly large, size-16 feet. As one of Peggy's new pals says, ''Girl, you are fierce, deal with it.'' ? Henry Goldblatt"

I love this show, though they change its time slot so often, it's hard to find. Last season. Don't miss it.

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tuesday on MTV:

"Two-A-Days"

8. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Thursday, eight o'clock on NBC

"Survivor: Fiji"

The Idol must be played prior to the vote this year...

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    This is tonight.

10. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    From EW:

"Dancing With the Stars
    SEASON PREMIERE PREVIEW A few promises: This year no favoring the hotshot ringer over the one giving it their all. No snide Heather/Yoko comparisons (except that one). No gossip on which partners are hooking up. And no slamming the network for helping ABC stars (this season there aren't any). So good luck, celebs (Ian Ziering, Joey Fatone, Heather Mills, Leeza Gibbons, Laila Ali, John Ratzenberger, Billy Ray Cyrus, Shandi Finnessey, Apolo Anton Ohno, Clyde Drexler, and Paulina Porizkova), go out and shake your booty..."

I'm guessing golddigger extraordinaire Heather Mills bites the dust very, very early....anyway, this is tonight at 8:00 pm.

11. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Getting Heather Mills will be a ratings godsend for ABC and a great public relations move for the former Mrs. McCartney.

12. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    "1001 Places to See Before You Die" The Travel Channel, 9-10 on Thursday, March 29.

Sounds cheerful. :)

13. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I love the Travel Channel. I started watching it because of the World Poker Tour, but then kind of got hooked on the channel as a whole. I'm a sucker for their Vegas shows and pretty much anything about the Caribbean.

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    On BBC America:

"Creature ComfortsB+
    Looks familiar, dunnit? That's because this series, which marries Claymation animals and interviews with average Americans, is based on the British hit of the same name. Creature has three things going for it: (1) stellar animation from the folks who bring you Wallace & Gromit; (2) genuine charm that's never cloying or syrupy; and (3) a foolproof setup. Naturally funny interviews are easy TV; it's with drier material that the animators shine. For instance: humans afraid of needles? No big. Porcupines afraid of needles? Cute."

On Fox:

"Hell's Kitchen
    Simon Cowell's on hiatus and Nigel Lythgoe swears he's gonna be nice this year, so Gordo's filling in as our Angry Limey in Residence."

15. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hells Kitchen is the best summer series.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005

QFT

17. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Not if you're a Hoff fan it isn't:

"Season Premiere
    America's Got Talent
    Talent and the Hoff! America's pretty damn lucky."

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007, on BBCA:

"Footballers Wive$"

On ABC:

"American Inventor"

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight:

"SEASON PREMIERE
    Miami InkB
    You can't spell tat without T and A. Since Kat Von D, the Ink spot's sole female tattoo artist, left in last season's finale, the shop is low on its supply of hot girls with needles. Auditions start with Tasi, who prefers spooky designs but can't seem to get to work on time. Better to tune in for the clients, like tonight's "vampire," a bikini model, and an 80-year-old getting her first brand."

20. Black-Pearl

Black-Pearl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2007
    I remember her. There was a hot girl on the show, but I forget her name.

The young guy had a crush on her

21. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next:

"Top Chef" (Bravo)

"Last Comic Standing" (NBC)

"Rescue Me" (FX)

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I watched "Last Comic Standing", which was hugely variable. But some of comics *were* funny.

23. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tomorrow:

"The 4400" B ? Marc Bernardin
    I feel bad for The 4400. The series launched three years ago with a great premise (a select group of people have extraordinary powers that may be pivotal in saving the world), ages before Heroes, and it will, I fear, be relegated to the kids' table. This fourth-season opener won't exactly help its cause: Government agent Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch), still pining for his lost love Alana, who disappeared in last season's finale, has to figure out how to stop a high schooler whose drug-gifted superpower makes him an object of worship. A decent episode, but sadly not quite extraordinary enough."

Never even *heard* of this...

"The Dead Zone
    Isn?t your wedding supposed to be ?the happiest day of your life?? Well, Miranda?s might kill her. And Johnny has to find a way to stop the whole thing."

Heard of this; not seen it.

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight.

25. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight: "The Closer" and "Making the Band 4"