main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season Three - What are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthKreVass, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwquest1

cwquest1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2008
    this!

a battle between elite clones & jedi vs deathwatch needs to happen, i have been hoping for something like this since the prequels were announced

2. Savage_Oppress

Savage_Oppress Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2010
    I'm looking forward to Delta Squad from Republic Commandos! They're like the Maul family of the Republic!

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I would have thought you'd be looking forward to your namesake.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Honestly... First Ahsoka's Force visions/dreams, her shoto lightsaber, "Ima-Gun Di", the potential ruining of Ventress and Maul's backstories, Dathomir is messed up, Nightsisters are not fully portrayed correctly (glowing green things? Lightbows? [face_tired]), "Savage Oppress". In other words, I'm not looking forward to the upcoming season. Other than seeing what the Republic Commandos are going to do in season three, I'm not looking forward to anything so far. The canon and continuity mess-ups are just too much.

5. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm looking forwards to clarification of Ahsoka's Force-visions, and to seeing whether or not what I suspect she's seeing in them -her death- will come to pass. Ventress' return is another highlight, and I also hope to see Barriss again. She's started to grow on me, despite the destruction of all of the canon we had around her.

And to seeing if CN will do my television schedule a favor and randomly switch it to 8:00 on Fridays. :p It's not out of the question, given their track record.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    As far as I know, a Force sensitive that had the rare ability to see visions cannot predict his or her own death. But since this is TCW, canon is out of the question. :oops:

7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    It would be interesting (and help continuity) if next time we see Barriss she's already been knighted. It would add an interesting twist to her relationship with Ahsoka.

8. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    But aren't Barriss and Ahsoka the same age? Or is Barriss older? I may have missed that somewhere, but if they are the same age then I doubt Barriss will be knighted so soon.

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    No, Barriss is older. She used to be MUCH older, but now I'm sure she's still a bit older than Ahsoka. If Ahsoka is 14, Barriss is probably around 17 or something, she could get knighted.

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Per Wookieepedia, Barriss would be 19 or 20 at the start of TCW, Ahsoka is 14. Barriss being Knighted at age 17 would be quite surprising as Anakin is Knighted at age 19 (going by TCW).

11. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I think, based on everything I've seen so far, I'm really intrigued by the visions Ahsoka starts having and will be very curious to see how that plays out. Hopefully it will lead to a great deal of character development with her. Also I'm fascinated to know that Ventress will be back and quite likely have her character fleshed out a good bit as well.

Stories in general that focus on character development, emotion, motivations, work for me on so many levels. It doesn't matter who we're talking about. I want stories that get inside their heads. I want to know why the feel this way, why they do certain things, what they think about the world around them. Yes I like a good space battle now and again too, but just making stories about battles and lightsaber duels and action, action, action, does get old if that's all you do, at least for me. Fortunately, thus far, they've managed to keep a good blend of action, combined with character driven stories, and that pleases me.

12. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Dang, she looked awfully young to be 19 or 20, but I digress...in the trailers, Shaak Ti looks younger than she does from the movies so I guess the age is possible from a visual standpoint since Ti is a Master.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Ludo- In TCW, they visually changed Barriss to make her look younger, mainly to give Ahsoka a little buddy. However, she's supposed to be near or very close to Anakin's age of 20. Both were Padawans when they went with their masters to Ansion.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Explanation: Prior to Weapons Factory, Bariss drank too many Padawan Products weight-loss smoothies. ;)

15. fett51

fett51 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2008
    Well, a lot of what I was looking for was addressed by the trailer and the information out of CV: more diverse, effective and deeper villains, more character development (of the clones in particular), deeper exploration of the star wars universe and an increase in scale (this is a galaxy wide war, and Ryloth and Geonosis were the only two major battles we've seen), even smaller things like more Cad Bane, Mandalorians, Delta Squad and Shaak Ti. Coming from shows like the new BSG and Babylon 5, I'm thrilled to hear we'll be getting a more serialized story this season. There are still a few other things though:

I'd like to see the Mandalorians being used by the separatists to effectively engage Jedi. Magna guards don't even cut it against Ahsoka and to quote HK-47 "if I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol I'll shoot them myself." A little concerned with the nightsisters overshadowing the Mandalorians in that way rather than just representing a different approach.

On the geekier side, more republic capital ships. The only republic capital ships we've seen are venators and acclamators - carriers and landing ships respectively. Where are the battleships? Also, the gunships haven't been nearly as effective as they were in Episode 2.

For the separatists, where are the hailfire droids and homing spider droids? and why do the AATs never use their missile launchers? they've got SIX!

16. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Same goes for the Venators. I think we know now why they're painted red. :p

17. apotampkin

apotampkin Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 15, 2010
    I'm looking forward to the Anakin storyline. Finally they're going to tackle the prophecy...can't wait [face_dancing]

18. Maphisto86

Maphisto86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Most of the things I am looking forward too have already been mentioned so I'll try to be brief. Firstly, I am glad to finally see Shaak Ti arrive on the scene. One of the best things about this series is that the Jedi Masters we saw briefly in the prequels and the previous "Clone Wars" series are having their characters fleshed out. The introduction (or perhaps re-introduction) of different types of clone troopers is also extremely gratifying. I was actually surprised we have not seen the clone commandos earlier in the series as they definitely raise the "cool factor".

Expanding on the villians roles is also a plus for this season as the last one was more about focusing on re-introduced (young Boba Fett, Aurra Sing, etc) or absolutely new characters like Cad Bane. I am glad we are now focusing once again on villians already introduced. I was wondering when Ventress's many failures would come to haunt her and when Sidious would tell Dooku to dispose of her (albeit temporarily).

As for our main heroes, I am intrigued by Ahsoka's visions and how that will affect her character's development. I am sure none of you have forgotten that Anakin also had premenitions and saw where that took him. It will be interesting to see whether the student will surpass the master and Ahsoka Tano will become less driven by her visions than Anakin is. On that note, if they are going to explore the meaning behind Anakin Skywalker's "Chosen One" status, that too is something to look forward too. The Jedi masters always discussed it in the prequels but the meaning and origin of the prophecy remained so vague. It would be great to see some of the plot revolve around the deeper mysteries of the Force in the Star Wars universe.

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Not the same medium, but the Clone Wars novels address the "Chosen One" prophecy quite a bit. Anakin is well aware of the prophecy and contemplates it quite often.

20. Season_3_Rules

Season_3_Rules Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2010
    I am looking foward to seeing it next Friday!

21. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm excited yet nervous fot TCW to go further into the Prophecy and the Force. In the new promo Ahsoka asks where the Force comes from. I seriously hope the explanation isn't stupid. [face_praying]

22. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

I'm hoping they don't use mido-chlorians.[face_praying]

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Force is already stupid from the moment midichlorians are involved.

24. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    TCW's probable explanation of the Force: Nuvo Vindi is in fact the oldest and wisest Jedi ho ecer lived, who long ago used his lab equipment to create the Green Midiclorian Virus, which he put in the galactic water supply, causing every citizen who drank it to develop a superpower he called the Force.

It all makes perfect sense! 8-}

25. pied

pied Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2010
    It's clone blastin, Jedi slashin, Ahsoka dashin, space battalin' fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.