Season Three - What are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by DarthKreVass, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    It has been confirmed that they won't do it. Besides, "post TPM"?!
  2. Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Oops - scratch "post".

Obviously I meant before TPM. I've seen a few interesting comics that covered some ground with young Obi Wan and Qui-Gon.

Anyway if it's not happening that's that.

It's a shame the writers are so strictly limited to the time line they can explore. I under stand the series is about the CW so that has to be their main focus and all. Still it would be nice if perhaps a villain appeared that was from Obi-Wan's past who he last encountered while still as a padawan...thus he could reference the story and we'd get a little flashback.

Ah well.
  3. Jedi-Master-Vader Force Ghost

star 1
    The Chancellor actually practicing the force in his chambers or somewhere where he's in his political garb. A situation where it's either him or them and he has no choice but to use the dark side (force choke or lightening) on his prey. That would be incredible.

Less Bounty Hunters apart from Bossk.

Anakin brutally murdering someone without any remorse.

4. Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    ^^ Speaking of Palpatine...it would interesting to see him just spending more time counseling and guiding Anakin. Especially since by ROTS they seem to have grown tight. I don't think we've really seen much of that thus far in CW.
  5. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    In case no one has said it yet, more Mandalorian stories and picking up with things left off last time.

Also, more Sith stories and mythology. I also hope this show develops some kind of ongoing mythology itself.
  6. brokenlullaby Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    If this is truly a "looking forward to" thread, meaning the things you might have seen in that short teaser trailer, I'm seeing a lot of speculation/things you want to see, but will probably not see. :p
  8. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Say what?:confused:
  9. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    A lot of things I'm seeing in this thread will probably never show up in season three. Hense, "things you want to see, but will probably not see"
  10. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I wondered about that to Grevious, but it's not clear if it is things we know are coming that we are looking forward to or things in general we are looking forward to them doing in the hopes of them doing it.
  11. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    ^Uh, both?8-} I don't think it has to be that confusing.
  12. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    To me, the title of the thread implies that we are discussing about what we are looking forward to in season three. Well, we don't know much right now except the little things we saw in the teaser trailer. So, I'm seeing a ton of things we didn't see in the trailer/things we wants to see, but will probably won't see.
  13. chreff Jedi Knight

Personally I'm looking forward to more Cad Bane and Boba Fett. I'm a big fan of "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" and always loved Lee Van Cleef so I think Cad is a fantastic character and could be utilized more. I know Boba wasn't in the season 3 trailer (at least not that I saw) but I have to assume he'll be back. It'd be nice to see Bossk have his moment to shine but I never did understand the backlash that he didn't get to do anything since he didn't do anything in ESB either!

Another Mandalorian story would be nice too but I wouldn't want a complete repeat of events from season 2.
  14. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to say Cad is probably my favorite villain the serious has introduced. He's certainly the most dynamic and interesting. I also like that we don't know what will happen with him, and I think the series has done a great job so far of not over-using him.
  15. Spork111 Force Ghost

star 2
    I wish they would do a homefront type of episode, where we develop Padme's family on Naboo (who were cut from AOTC) or even Owen and Beru Lars - maybe we could see what old Ben meant by Owen referring to the Clone Wars as "a damn fool idealistic crusade"!
  16. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I would like to see Owen confront Anakin about becomming a moisture farmer, to give the "backstory" that Owen was angry at Anakin for saying no some screentime.
  17. WinterSnowblind Jedi Padawan

Obligatory Shaak-ti. She's my favourite Jedi, and was really disappointed she didn't appear even in season 2, especially as Ki Adi Mundi got his own episode. Glad she's finally getting some screen time in season 3.

And again, I'd like to see more mature Ahsoka centric storylines. It's nice that she's moved on a bit from the arrogant, nickname calling kid from the movie, and the episodes where she's been teamed up with another Jedi have been among the best in the show. I'm guessing they'll at least have her with Shaak Ti, and hopefully Barris can make a reappearence at some point. That duo really worked.

Cad Bane, Grievous and Asajj are characters I'd actually like to see less. They definitely made the right choice moving away from Grievous and Asajj, and I'd hate to see Bane become over used. Episodes with these guys should be big occasions, I don't want to see them blasting off Team Rocket style every week. Instead most of the time I think they can focus on some of the other villians.. Hondo for one has been really amazing and was very happy they didn't simply kill him off.

Also enjoyed when they brought in the two new Jedi characters and again was surprised when they didn't simply meet their ends in their introduction episode. More characters like Ahsoka that we don't already know the fate of would really help.
  18. Slowburn Jedi Youngling

star 4
    There really isn't much that could be said at this point. Like Anakin's fury, Owen's opinion of it developed over many years. Anakin was never destined to become a moisture farmer just as he wasn't destined to be a slave forever. I think Owen's disgruntled mind is more over Anakin becoming the second-in-command totalitarian of the galaxy and rightfully so. I mean, we saw Owen just a couple of years before this and he seemed to be pretty mellow about everything. I don't see him getting pissed off so quickly over something as trivial as moisture farming.
  19. anzeroth Jedi Padawan

I am more looking forward to seeing what will Ashoka do abou those dreams of her...
  20. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
  21. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    There is no need to be a smart aleck.....
  22. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    After the teaser, I'm intrigued by the Ahsoka storyline. I still think something happens which leads her to being reassigned to another master.
  23. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    GGrievous...a smart aleck? What? Preposterous! Unheard of!
  24. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I agree. This would be the most plausible way to ensure Ahsoka survives after ROTS...and her survivable is paramount. It would quell the incessant questions of why Anakin and company don't make mention of her in ROTS.
  25. Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would like the last episode of The Clone Wars to be set during the exact moments of ROTS. Like, showing stuff that happened off screen just before one scene started. For example, you have that scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan are talking and Anakin is like "It's never been done in the history of the Jedi, it's insulting!" you could have a moment where Ahsoka is close by and over hears it. Like an "onlooker" concept. Much how George Lucas originally intended much of the Saga to be told from the perspective of the droids as onlookers to the events of the heroes.

Ahsoka doesn't need to take part in those events, just be affected by them, and be sort of in universe audience to some of the events that took place in the film.

I'm not entirely sure if Season 3 will be the last we see of the series to tell you the truth. I think they may intend for it to go on longer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.