main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season Three - What are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthKreVass, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I've always heard that Lucasfilm wants to do at least 100 episodes. If they stay with 22 episodes per season, then 5 seasons would be 110 episodes.

2. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    If it does go 5 seasons I just hope the last few seasons are just as solid as the first few. I'd hate to see the series become stale just for the sake of syndication.

Considering the leap in visual quality though from season 1-2 can you imagine what season 4 or 5 might look like? [face_dancing]

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    It's not paramount at all that she survives.

For example, consider the following scenario:

Somewhere in the course of the war Ahsoka heroically sacrifices herself to achieve an important victory and/or to save a lot of people.

This scenario would work because:

- Anakin doesn't need to blame himself that she died. She chose to die. So in RotS, Anakin doesn't need to mention her along with his mother, of whom he felt that he failed to save her from death. The situation is different, Ahsoka didn't need to be 'saved'.
    - Anakin doesn't need to blame a bad guy for killing her (Grievous or Dooku), so it doesn't need mentioning in RotS when he meets them.
    - Ahsoka's death would serve a greater cause, so given a certain amount of time, it would provide more than enough closure for the heroes.

And there are probably several others theories possible, in which her death could work with RotS.

Aside from RotS, this would work for the series as well because:

- It would give Ahsoka a real purpose
    - It would (finally!) be a real dramatic moment for the series
    - For the kids watching the series, this would be a sad, but 'good' death. It would have meaning, and it would make her a real hero. She would be the little brave girl who made a difference. In any case, for kids it would be a lot less shocking than showing one of the bad guys killing her on screen.

4. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Humble_Jedi, you have great arguments, but I reject anything involving Ahsoka dying. I now know why Anakin went to the Dark Side to save Padme from certain death.

5. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I totally agree. Anakin could let all of his grieving out on the show if her death is shown in the right light. There is no doubt the he would be distraught, but "Revenge" is still years away and he would've had time to deal with it. I'm yet to hear any valid arguments on how her being alive could credit "Revenge". You can't just be a major player in the Clone Wars along with Anakin and Obi-Wan and just coincidentally vanish right before the next film. Still, I think it would be cool if she were murdered. Kids will be affected either way, but not much more than they have been so far such as with Anakin jamming a lightsaber through a guy's chest. Either way, I think she'll pass in an honorable fashion with meaning. She's a patriot, so she has to.

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You should have known that when you were watching RotS. He didn't want to fail Padme like he did his mother.

7. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Ahsoka doesn't necessarily need to die to not be in ROTS. What if Anakin decides she's a better fit with another Jedi Master, say... Oh... Plo Koon! They've shown a connection between them from the beginning of the series with all that "Little Soka" stuff. This isn't completely unheard of in the EU. Ki-Adi-Mundi passed A'sharad Hett's training over to the "the Dark Woman" because he thought she'd do a better job with him than he could. Granted Anakin never seems to doubt his abilities in any area so that might be OOC but what if Anakin did something that nearly caused her death and felt so guilty that he gave up her training to someone else. Also, what if she voluntarily left the Jedi Order to join the resistance of some planet occupied by the Separatists that she didn't agree with the Republic abandoning? Or what if she left the order to rescue Captain Rex who was captured by Separatists and the Republic gave up for dead but she knows is alive due to their close connection? Either one of these scenarios could leave Ahsoka alive and even allow a spin-off series in "the Dark Times" or for Ahsoka to turn up in the live action series (which, I'm sorry, GL, NEEDS a Jedi- you can't have SW without a Jedi or at least someone with a lightsaber).

8. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    GUYS! Let's keep the "Ahsoka's demise" topic in its proper thread, all right? This thing spreads like wildfire...

9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I can. But I'm afraid that if I do the awesomeness would make my brain dribble through my nose.[face_plain]

*Ahem*

Something I would love to see in TCW is a military evacuation en-mass. Both seasons 1 & 2 have given us D-Day in Star Wars - O - Vision. How about flipping it around so that we can see the Dunkirk or the Clone Wars. We got to see a minor evacuation in Holocron Heist but I think we need something with a bit more scale to it.

It just seems like an apt suggestion what with the Dunkirk anniversery yesterday.

10. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Y'know what I'd really like to see, especially if they're making a habit of it? Recurring prominent clones, even in comparatively small cameos that make new viewers go 'uh'. Y'know, like Waxer and Boil. Even if it's just once per season, if they can pull it off awesomely, my happiness will be more powerful than you can ever imagine. XD

Fives and Echo taking point with Rex on a mission?
    Wolffe, Boost and Sinker joining Plo Koon in battle?
    Warthog and Shadow Squadron mentioned in a starfighter battle?

[face_thinking]

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Fives and Echo are long overdue for a return to the screen. They were set up very well in Rookies, so it would be very nice see what these "shinies" are up to, now that they're part of the 501st. I'd hope for more than just the extended cameo Waxer and Boil got, though.

12. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I swear Dave Filoni claimed this to be one of the main aims of the series, to create individuals amongst the clones that you would follow and feel for as the series progressed. That way when you see the death toll in the films it would have much more of an impact.

Yet so far we have only really seen a follow up cameo from Waxer and Boil, and their cameo was tiny. I hope there are more major clones getting reappearances. :)

13. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    In my opinion they've done too much of this already. There are thousands of clones in this war but all you tend to see are a handful of the same ones all the damn time. Sure, there are others, but they're destined to be expendable. I wish they would stop trying to establish the personalities of certain clones throughout the series and introduce new ones in each episode.

14. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    MORE RED SHIRTS!!!

15. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I agree with this. I'd rather them introduce some new Jedi ie ones that weren't in any film. So far all we've gotten were Nadar Webb and that old alien Jedi master that helped Ahsoka recover her lightsaber.

16. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm actually looking forward to the rumored Clone Wars TV movie more than season 3.

And I don't see why Anakin would need to mention Ahsoka in Episode 3?

17. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    Yeah, Qui Gon never mentions Xanatos in TPM and everything goes rather smoothly continuity wise.

18. WinterSnowblind

WinterSnowblind Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2010
    Did I miss something? Clone Wars TV movie?

19. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    It's a rumor that has surfaced several times, but has since been proved wrong. But many fans, myself included, cling to the hope that it is a true rumor. [face_praying]

20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    But wasn't there solid evidence in the form of one of the merchandising affiliates release calenders? They proved to be quite accurate last year.

21. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread on this but do you guys think we'll ever see Anakin return to Tatooine/the Lars again?

The reason I ask is that TCW is a unique opportunity to tie up loose ends not taken care of by the PT. (not that everything needs to be tied up per say)

A line I have in mind that might be interesting to expand upon is this....."That's what your uncle told you. He didn't hold with your father's ideals. Thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved."

Perhaps we could see Anakin, Obi-Wan and Owen getting into some type of drama to justify this OT line a bit more?

22. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Exactly. If A New Hope is the only Stars Wars material you've ever seen, you'd think Uncle Owen was blood relations to Luke's father. Of course this is not the case, so expanding on that line from a New Hope would certainly help to clarify it.

23. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    -More Jedi that haven't made any appearances yet. (Like Shaak Ti)

-New characters (Of course.)

-Phase 2 Clone Trooper Armor:D

24. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    God, I feel like we've had this discussion so many times already...

As far as the TV movie, when was it disproved. I think the concept of following a clone from Kamino through the war and through the ranks would be AMAZING. After reading a few issues of Clone wars by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema I am so much more interested in seeing Clone in TCW, because what John/Jan have done with the Jedi and the nature of their role in the war and thier ever changing philosophy because of the clone wars is exactly what I have been craving in TCW.

25. Sloppy

Sloppy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2009

Commandos and arcs would bee great (a nudge towards Traviss, I believe see did some great work creating a soul for clones)

New planets, Pellaeon and some huge scale space battle and orbital bombardment
    Competent villains would bee a demand
    The republic doing something the empire would bee proud of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.