main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season Three - What are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthKreVass, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Things I'm looking forward to:

-Maybe less time jumping and maybe just keep things going continuously
    -Republic commandos or ARC troopers
    -More "Landing At Point Rain" type episodes
    -New Jedi being fleshed out
    -Ahsoka's visions
    -Seeing Kamino and maybe Dagobah
    -Shaak Tii
    -Some more Anakin/Obi-Wan duo
    -Cad Bane/Ziro The Hutt
    -Count Dooku/Asajj Ventress/General Grievous
    -Some clones vs droids episodes, like "Rookies"

But whatever they show, I'll love it nonetheless!

2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Well that's just not fair, Xanatos doesn't even matter when it comes to Star Wars really and how Episodes 1-6 flow.

You can't have Ahsoka alive and not being mentioned in EP III. We see Anakin's attachment issues with Ahsoka already like in Weapons Factory and Brain Invaders(other episodes too but just using these two as an example). If EPIII comes around and Ahsoka is still alive and "off" somewhere on another mission Anakin would of mentioned it. He wouldn't just ignore his padawan.

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    LESS REDSHIRTS!!!

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    As for the killing of the redshirts, instead of random clones, how about some random Jedi.

5. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I'd like to see Tatooine during The Clone Wars. We've seen the planet a million times before, but I've been obsessed with it since I was a kid. Droid Army vs. Jedi/Clones on the desert sands would be badass. I have no idea why they would be in the Outer Rim, but I'd leave it up to them to figure it out.

6. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    The reason is simple. The clones, for the most part, are cannon fodder. They serve the same purpose as the Separatist droids and the Imperial stormtroopers. They exist simply to be killed it battle, to give a sense of danger and loss without having to kill noteable characters.

I highly doubt we will get many redshirt Jedi, simply because it takes more time and resources to make their models than it does to copy and paste clone troopers. If there were many redshirt Jedi I would honestly be upset, as it would mean the producers where wasting time and resources that could be used created and developing new characters rather that the typical throwaways we usually get.

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    How are they canon fodder? I don't see your reasoning. So what you're saying is "all" soldiers in battle must be killed? That's just ignorant. The Jedi are practically fighting, and are acting as soldiers. Notable or not, everyone is endangered someway in battle, whether it's being shown in TCW or not. While I understand your point behind the time and amount of models they need to create for Jedi, you don't necessarily have to create new models. Also, you shouldn't be "upset" about that sort of thing.

8. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    You seem to be stating things as they are in-universe, I am stating things from a production standpoint. From a production standpoint the majority of the clones are there to be killed to show how big a threat the bad guys are and create a feeling of danger. The majority of them are canon fodder from a production standpoint, the majority are ?redshirts? from a production standpoint, the majority of them are faceless, drone bodies running around to be shot. They exist to show how the main characters could die, but won?t.

As for my comment about being upset, again that was from a production standpoint. I wouldn?t burst into tears because Jedi got killed. I would be upset, as in slightly annoyed, that they would waste resources creating models for no other reason than canon fodder when the time and resources could have been used to make new characters who might last longer that a single episode, or even make new ship designs or something else that might have lasting effect.

We are talking on two different levels; you are looking at things in-universe while I am looking at things from a production standpoint.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Obviously you read my post wrong.

Anyway, there's no need to argue about this. There's a ton of redshirts featured in all sorts of EU material, some of which include Jedi. Now whether or not TCW shows Jedi getting killed, it'll be a good factor to show. TCW has a way of showing the Jedi as invincible beings, which is greatly false. That's one of the reasons why I don't like the Jedi; they are improperly used at times.

10. Shadow555

Shadow555 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I saw that leaked trailer and I have one question for all of you. What's up with Bane capturing C-3PO? Just curious as to what your thoughts are because to me it is kind of odd.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    First, can someone say what Bane says in the trailer? I can make only "there they are" out of it.
    Because Bane works for Jabba the Hutt (works for the highest bidder indeed, few months ago he released Jabba's rival from the jail) it is harder to say why he captures C-3PO. If it was for the separatists it would be pretty straightforward (senator's droid) but who knows what Jabba wants from him. Propably information about Lars' farm products.

12. Shadow555

Shadow555 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I think after that he says the gold one is the target. I'm looking forward to seeing what transpires before and after C-3PO's capture. Should be an interesting episode.

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    More episodes in the same vein as Landing at Point Rain
    Separatist victories
    Less bounty hunters
    More new species/characters
    More Jedi that we haven't seen yet

14. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    I understand completely. Yes, from an In-universe perspective that would be great. All I?m saying is, from a production standpoint, taking the time and effort to make models for throwaway characters is, quite frankly, a waste. In my opinion those resources would be put to better use, making ships, or planets, or new characters to follow, or something else that would have more lasting effect that a character simply made to die in an episode, but that?s just my opinion.

15. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Actually, to the best of my understanding, while CREATING the models is tough, reusing them or tweaking them isn't so bad.
    The Clones are the simplest example, but the entirety of Hondo's pirate crew have different colours, vests and accessories (and the odd cybernetic prosthetic), but for the most part they share the same model.

So technically, they could create new Jedi models (or reuse/edit old ones, such as a purple Nahdarr Vebb or Plo-Koon-With-A-Nikto-Head), and readily take them out. The big problem involving costs, however, is that Jedi, more so than clones or pirates, tend to have SOME cloth on them, so there's some costly cloth-simulation involved whenever they're on scene, especially when it involves a lot of prominent screen time and/or large numbers of them.

But from a storytelling perspective, I do feel that it would go a long way to adding weight to the war...when done in moderation, that is. Having a mix of 'unknown' Jedi deaths and 'developed' Jedi deaths (like Nahdarr Vebb, for example) would be great, but if it's done too much, it'll stretch the idea that there are only a limited number of Jedi leading the war. :p

16. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Nahdarr Vebb wasn't what I would call developed, he was in one episode, if they're going to introduce new Jedi I wish they would let us get to know them for a while so we might feel something when they die or are placed in danger.

17. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Actually, you are the one who is incorrect here. "Cannon" is the correct spelling in this particular instance. Its true I often get "cannon" and "canon" mixed up, but in this example I was correct.[face_peace]

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Err, no. Cannnon and Canon are different; people tend to confused "canon" with "cannon."

19. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    In this case the correct spelling was "cannon fodder" as I was refering to the weapon rather than what happened in a fictional universe. I was right on this occasion.:-B

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I see then. Normally "canon fodder" is a phrase used by some people. :p

21. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    No problem. Like I said I usally use the two indifferantly and I can see that that is something that annoys you, and it is something I will try and work on. But in this particular instance, you "corrected" me with the wrong grammer.;)

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Just wanted to remind everyone that there is a Star Wars special on G4 at 9:00 EST that has a Season 3 preview! :)

23. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Are you guys speaking of a new trailer, because I've been looking for one everywhere and all I can get is the original add.

24. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I just saw it recently, and G4 didn't say anything other than "Go to Celebration V to see a preview of Season 3..."[face_plain]

25. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Sorry for the misinformation...I was just going by what SW.com said. :oops: [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.