main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific seattle Line News.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by garethvk, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garethvk

garethvk Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Hello,

For those of you that know me, you know that I am a syndicated film and software reviewer out of Seattle. Like many of you, I followed the news of the Seattle line, and there claims that it is for fun, but I feel that I need to set the record straight. President John Guth of the Seattle Star wars club claims that he is doing it for fun and is surprised about the response. Fact, John spends many hours a day contacting media outlets asking them to cover his events. Another issue, I set up a charity event for them through my radio show years ago and he took credit for it, saying he thought my station and I were members of the club and as the President he does all speaking. Also, when in talks with an agent for an Episode II cast member, she told me how Guth aimed her constantly and said he would not stop until she recognized his authority and responded. I will not even touch the issues of the Lawsuit they filed against a promoter who would not meet their demands. I am not doing this for sour grapes as they do some good things for charities. My complaint is that Guth is using Star Wars to gain attention for himself and does not properly credit those around him. Surely this is not what the spirit of the series is about. This should be a celebration, not a lets use Star wars to get on TV, radio, and get paid for interviews. My final point is that while I am seeing the show on Tuesday at a press screener, I called the theater late yesterday, (A theater called the best in the NW and one of the top 5 in the nation), and was able to buy opening show tickets as well as Friday afternoon tickets. So, their camp out was not about getting tickets and seeing the show opening day, it was all about the attention.

Episode II review up Tuesday Night.
    http://www.nwlink.com/~gareth/sknr.htm

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    garethvk,

I understand. I've been trying to contact Seattle's City Rep for FF for some time now, and have yet to be successful. A City Rep's mission should be to try to garner new membership to the chapter and conduct meetings where all fans can get together. I have yet to see any of this in this forum. I have also noticed that Seattle's CR, Gold__Leader hasn't logged in since the beginning of April. To be honest, this doesn't sound like the right person is in charge of organizing events for their chapter. It is obviously apparent meetings aren't taking place because there are no discussions here in this forum. If enough people in this forum want a new CR, a new one can be appointed.

3. Ender_needs_Bean

Ender_needs_Bean Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Hmmmm.... unfortunately, I read this after posting my thread. There seems to be a little bit of controversy surrounding these men... interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.