main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Seattle Star Wars Meetup.com

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette , Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Their Link Here

It is another Star Wars centered club in Seattle.
    I recently was contacted by one of their members, bringing the group to my attention. We are in talks about inviting each other to our respected events. We'll see what happens. Drop by maybe and check it out then give me some imput?
    I hope we can both live in harmony with each other. ;) :)

2. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    It sounds cool too, but I'm concerned with the location. It's up north and I'm not sure on buses. It looks like it would be 3 or so, but I'm not 100% sure. Other than that, I think we could combine ourselves into a super awsome group. Oh, and we'd meet the minimum for C4 flight discounts (if they are going)! [face_dancing]

Edit: Ok, it's just 2 buses, though it takes a total of over an hour. I love Metro website! :D

JediFarfy

3. Rishadq

Rishadq Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Hi All,

Ok, It's time I step out of the lurker shadows and introduce myself :) My name's Rishad "Q" Quazi, and I'm the alleged organizer (well, assistant organizer) for the mentioned group. We are the Seattle Star Wars Meetup group, and our website is at:

http://starwars.meetup.com/78/

I've been in communication with Yvette, Mic and Farfy and I'm so glad to hear that you guys are cool with the idea of two groups running in town, and having crossover members, crossover events etc. In fact, I've told my group about you guys and encouraged them to sign up with you as well! True that our members so far are Northside people (1 in Belltown, 2 in Northgate, 1 in U-District, other 2 not sure), so maybe this might just work out purely based on geography i.e. you guys have your meets Southside, we do Northside, and every now and then we meet somewhere in between. Or whatever works for people, not a big deal.

It sounds like our groups are more or less on the same wavelength in terms of what we want to do -- movies, fan films, fan fic, memorabilia, show-and-tell, special events, costuming, gaming and trivia.

I'm going to set an example then and want to show up to the Ren Faire event with you guys :)

Looking forward to it, and thanks for the welcome!

See you soon!

- Q

4. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Quick question: Are you guys wanting to go to Celebration 4? If so (or just thinking about it), check out the Celebration 4 Travel thread. I'm working on planning flights and hotels, and the more people we get, the better discounts we get! [face_dancing]

JediFarfy

5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Thanks for stopping by. :D

Did you get all the info on ren faire? I hope to meet you at the jousting ring. :D

6. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I just hope the jousting is more fun this year. The ring stuff was kinda blah, but maybe that was the heat.

JediFarfy

7. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    I will ask the group at our meeting on Monday at about interest in going to C4.

Will let you know.

ttl,

q

8. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

I am going to try and make this meeting.

Be happy to pick-up anyone between Kent and the metting that needs a ride.

Just let me know.

9. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Great to see that so many people are planning to come to the next meeting. It should be great!
    I didn't even know that this group existed! The more SW fans in Seattle the better![:D]

10. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the welcome again.

So are y'all thinking to come to our Meetup.com Coffee meetup tomorrow night at Wayward, or are we all talking about Ren Faire? Details for our Monday monthly coffee meet are at:

http://starwars.meetup.com/78/events/4987457/

You're welcome to come on by tomorrow night as well, of course. But if not, see you guys at Ren Faire!

Q

11. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

I am talking the Meet-up on Monday. See ya there.

12. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    You are invited to REN FAIRE too. ;) :p

13. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    Yes. Wll probably make that as well.

14. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    =D= finally, looks like we'll all be able to make it!!![face_dancing] Also eager to meet up with another group!!!:D Everything seems to be going well!!!

15. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Yay! I think this will totally rock. :D

16. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    Sweet deal, you guys! :) See you tomorrow evening at Wayward Coffeehouse in Greenwood!

Looking forward to it!

17. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    Anybody want a ride to the Meet-Up.

I am in Kent heading up that way around meeting time.

Let me know.

18. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    So, how was the meetup? :)

19. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    went well...talked alot about random stuff..watched a couple fan films...talked about bringing together both groups...u know reg. stuff

20. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Yay! I am glad you had fun. :)

Wish I didn't have to work tonight. I would have loved to meet everyone. :)

21. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    it was very nice to meet everyone...we all should post on their site and get involved there... and visa versa i told them they are more than welcome to come be in the forums.

22. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    It was nice to meet people. I am sure we all can get a good thing going.

More people is what we need for sure.

23. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Indeed. I am just really glad you all had fun. :)

24. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    One thing was brought up that I think we need to look into...doing more public events...

25. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    Hey all,

Yes, I think the meetup last night went very well. I wasn't expecting us to hang out there for like 3 hours, so it was all good :) Present were myself, Tom, Mark, Mike, Michael and Sonal. We talked about ideas for our various groups, how to bring us all to the same table (literally and figuratively), watched a few short fan films, I showed off my Chicken Walker, shared stories of our brushes with SW fame, and generally just geeked out. A good time was had by all! :)

One action item out of this (if you want to call it that) was that we agreed to sign up on each others boards (which Yvette and I have already done) and exchange messages and events that way. At least until we work out a way for us all to be one big happy Seattle SW group (right? :)

I'm going to post Ren Faire as an event on Meetup.com and redirect people over to this board for coordination. Oh, and I had a bunch of flyers printed up, but forgot to distribute them to everyone. Left them in my car -- Doh!

Hey, great meeting up with you guys last night. Hope to see you again soon!

- Q

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.