main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA "Seattle Star Wars Society"--we should think up a new name.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette , Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    One of the major players of the Seattle Star Wars Society feels we should come up with a new name for our group, one reason being out of respect to John. So, I'd like to open the topic up of figuring out what we should call ourselves. Just start by throwing ideas out and we'll go from there. :)

2. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

I actually wanted to keep it in honor of the man. Plus the San Diego group took it's name from the Seattle group as a tribute to all it had done.

3. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Yeah, but she would appreciate us not using it, so I think it would be better to find something else.
    Of course, I have no idea what to change it to.
    I thought maybe Green Squadron since its the Evergreen State and all but that isn't really special. Carnivorous Mynock Legion was kinda wordy and doesn't say anything about our location... any ideas anyone?

4. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Other (kinda crappy I admit--its late, what do you expect?? :p ) ideas.
    -The Green Yoda Army
    -Max Rebo's Better Band
    -KaminoBucks--Intergalatic Coffee Hub
    --a variant maybe: Seattle--The Jedi's Coffee House
    --another: Star(Wars)Bucks
    -Flanneled Jedi Legion
    -Caffinated Dewback Herd
    -The Better Half of the Clone Army (or Imperial Navy, Jedi Forces, etc)
    -The Scruffy Nerfherders
    -The Emerald Empire

Input, ideas? :D

5. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, I'm not technically part of you guy's FF but I was born in Seattle, so for what it's worth, I kinda like "Green Squadron" or one-up that by taking it to "Emerald Squadron"

And for the record, I like designing FF logos... here's a recent one I did for the new Tri-Cities group... [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/wookieesquadron/wookieeconcept.jpg]
    It's going to go through a few revisions, but you get the idea :D

I've already got a brazillion ideas floating about in my noggin for an "Emerald Squadron" logo :D. I won't push my services on you guys, but just know that I'm available and I live for this stuff...

P.S. Check out the thread Eledaia posted about the leavenworth meet-up this weekend, If I remember, I think there were a few of you interested in attending, and we'd LOVE to see you guys come (we have two camp sites, two large tents and plenty of space to spare!!!)

6. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    just throwing these out...
    rain city rebelion
    i also like emerald empire...emerald city empire...

7. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Emerald City Empire sounds good to me.
    (home of the green star-duck):p

8. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    As much as I like the sound of Emerald City Empire (and I really do), it might be a little to Darkside sounding for some.

I also think the name needs to convey the club focus to the public (hense grab new members) is Star Wars.

It's just SSWS rolls off the keybard so nice. Not to stomp on the wishes of this other member. It works.

Immediate recognition as to what the club is, and I think bringing it back would be a fine tribute to the man who started it. And who inspired others to go the same route (The SDSWS).

Maybe we can solicite opinions on this thread from some of the Rebel Legion and Titan Garrison members who were around then.

Edit: Wanted to add that I have touched base with Phil Pankow and he seems to think it would be okay to "pass the torch". We were going to discuss bringing the Yahoo Group back to life to go along with this venture.

9. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I agree that Seattle Star Wars Society is like the best name for our group. EVAR.
    But even with one person asking us not to do it, I think out of respect, we should relent.

I really am liking Emerald Squadron--star warsy and green for Washington and it would make a neat logo. Really any of the Emerald ones actually are cool. Green. [face_love] :p
    I know the Emerald Empire and Emerald City Empire domains are already taken, but the Emerald Squadron is open. Just an FYI. :)
    More names and imput?
    :)

10. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I like them both, honestly.

JediFarfy

11. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    For any of the emerald ones, that would mean GREEN t-shirts. :D

:p

12. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    GREEN!!!

I have head to toe green, don't encourage me. :p

Edit: Actually on topic: I like the sound of Emerald City Squadron.

Why can't we be the Seattle Star Wars Society - "The Emerald City Squadron"

It makes it sounds like we're our own group, but also a part of a much larger group too.

At least to me..... O:)

Edit #2: There are other "[color] Squadrons", that's why I feel that way. Example: The Orange County FF is the Orange Squadron.

Edit #3: Ok, they're actually the "Orange Empire". Similar to what we wanted too. Anyways, you get my point. I'll stop editing now, I swear!

JediFarfy

13. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I'll ask the orginial members of the SSWS are okay with that. :)
    I am just thinking though they will want us to be complete seperate entities.

14. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok! It makes it sound the same, but it adds something new that is our own.

JediFarfy

15. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    In case we go that way. It looks nice at least.

Hit your refresh button.

16. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, that is pretty cool. I like it either way really. I guess we'll see what others think.

JediFarfy

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Slight problem... Emerlad City Empire is already a North Carolina Star Wars group...
    What does everyone think of Emerald City Squadron. It kinda rolls together nice. :)

18. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    My 2 cents: I wasn't here in the beginning but I was here when John was still the leader of the SSWS. John was inactive for years and never asked us to change the name. It would seem like if he actually cared or was concerned, he would have done so. On the other hand, I don't know who is asking this of SSWS and what her connection to John was...she might know that at the end he did want the change.

What about: Emerald City Star Wars Society still conveys the link to Star Wars without quite the same name as SSWS

19. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    That's a good combination. It blends it all together. :)

JediFarfy

20. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    It is Economical. Fits good on a shirt.

SSWS-ECE would be too long.

You want something short that people may remember.

Emerald City Star Wars Association was a thought I have ECSWA is an easy acronym.

...and it says Star Wars. I would hesitate at a Squadron as again (like EMPIRE) it denoted Rebel thing and leans toward costuming. Plus the Rebel Legion and Titan Garrison do a great job making the costuming thing happen.

The FanForce group needs to be clear it is "not a costuming group", so it bring in all fans. Gamers, collectors, whoever. This was great approach for the SDSWS and garnered a lot of members.

But I do like ECSWS as well.

21. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I am liking Emerald City Star Wars Society.
    But then again, I really like 'Max Rebo's Better Band' too. :p

22. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Cool. Now we just have to get more opinions and some designs going! Yay!

JediFarfy

23. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I am also wondering still if The Emerald City Star Wars Society would be too close to Emerald City Empire which is another FF group. Thoughts?

24. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't think so. Besides, we're most known as the Emerald City. I'd be more concerned with Wizard of Oz references. :p

JediFarfy

25. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    They're too many letters apart from us... ECSWS vs. ECE. Should we change the banner in the forum as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.