main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Second 2003 Starfighter Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Corran10584, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    We need either a replacement guest for slush or more guests judges until slush returns maybe kenkenobi or perhaps some former starfighter competitors,

just a thought.

2. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Replacement judge will be arriving shortly...

~Corran

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Here I am! :D

First of all,these 2 pilots really arn't all-stars or anything.But,they both seem to be ok pilots,and are both Rogues,that's saying something there.Peshk seems alright,although he died when his X-wing got hit by an Ion cannon.And Erisi seems to be a decent pilot to,she took command of a TIE squadron after she was discoved as a spy.In the end,one of these guys has too win,and I'm giving this one to Erisi . I think her posistions as a Rogue and a TIE commander gives her more experience then Peshk .

Winner:Erisi Dlarit

Also,I'm glad I had this opportunity to be a guest judge.It was a lot of fun! :D

EDIT:Typos.

4. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Results of Round 1:

Peshk Vri'Syk is shot down by Erisi Dlarit

After Round 1:

Intruder Squadron 0 - Tiger Squadron 1

Moving right along! The next battle number for the Finals is...1!!

Corran Horn vs. Tycho Celchu

Since i'm a little busy right now, I'll just go ahead and post my vote now.

The Match-Up: Corran Horn vs. Tycho Celchu

The second I looked at these team's battle orders, I started hitting myself in the head when I saw this match-up. Corran, IMO, is the best Jedi Starfighter Pilot on the board, one better than Luke himself. Tycho is one of the best non-Force users on the board, and one of the most skilled pilots in the Draft.

Both of the pilots are very similar in skill, and this would be a tremendous fight to watch, but in the end, there can only be one winner. And for me, that winner is Corran Horn, and that's not because of my love of everyone's favorite CorSec officer. Since the beginning of the SFD, I've believed that, with his experience as a pilot and Jedi, spending decades behind the flight stick, only two people can beat Horn in a fighter duel, and Tycho just isn't one of them. With his years of experience with the Force, I'm confident that Horn would find a way to take out the Alderaanian native. Tycho is one of the best pilots in the Draft, but he falls just short of victory here. Extremely close match.

The Winner: Corran Horn

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

5. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Somebody disagree's with Stackpole. :D

This match looks like it could shape up to contend for Starfighter Match of the year.

6. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    hmmmm an excellent judging by OB1X1.

while I do think Tycho could beat Corran I think this has to be one of the better match-ups seen yet this draft.

Keep in mind Corran always went to Tycho for help in I, Jedi and I think in one of the dark tide books Corran says Tycho is a better pilot than himself but dont hold me to that I could be wrong as I am known to make mistakes. :p

Edit: Also for perhaps just this one battle could we use slushs vote because on page 29 he lists Tycho as better than Corran. :p

7. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Corran Horn vs. Tycho Celchu
    Corran's good. He's very, very good. In fact, he's phenominal.

But Tych's just that one step ahead of him. Celchu flew absolute rings around everybody in Rogue Squadron, and only lost to Corran because of a lucky shot. He survived his first year in a TIE Fighter, anyone who's played X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter as an Imperial - or heck, even watched the films - knows that this is no mean feat.

Corran has the Force. This only improves his flying skills.

Tycho doesn't need the Force.

Celchu wins.

8. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    darn double posts.

say something smart quick.

so... ... ... :p

run

9. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    So who will decide the fate between Gaeri having her number one go against The amazing Tycho, Wedges second and almost equal.

And I found that quote Corran says that Tycho vapes him most of the time in Sims.

10. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    SO now that another tie has appeared and we still have no slush, who are you going to bring in this time??

11. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    That's in one of the Dark Tide books right. Do you happen to have the page SuperVader?

12. PHONE

PHONE Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2004
    I WANNA PLAY!!!!

I PICK LUKE!

13. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    ::smacks forehead::

Anyways.

That quote is early in Corran's career, and late in Tycho's. I don't think it's a deciding factor.

14. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    That quote is early in Corran's career, and late in Tycho's. I don't think it's a deciding factor.

Actually, I believe it's late in Corran's career and later in Tycho's career. Corran is retired from Rogue Squad to be a full time Jedi, and Tycho is just retired, pending the Vong invasion.

15. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    pg 43-44 hes talking with Jaina and they are talking about how they get vaped by Wedge and Tycho.

it shouldnt play too much into effect on judging decisions.

also its dark tide II

16. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    First off, both Corran and Tycho, along with many military personnel, retired from service after the New Republic/Imperial Remnant peace treaty, Approximately 6 years before the beginning of the Yuuzhan Vong conflict. However, I don't believe that we see Tycho pilot a starfighter in the NJO, (I might be wrong), while Corran flies into combat several different times, including the final battle over Zonoma Sekot.

And about that quote, I have a few things to say about that. I think part of it was him just being modest. When I read that quote, I took it as a joking manner, that of a competition between friends. That's just how I saw it.

Also, Corran does have a history of exaggeration. How many times during the X-Wing books did he say something like "Well, I'm going to die, so I might as well take them down to save my friends...", or something along those lines?

Lastly, he was just talking about the simulators. How effective is the Force when flying against someone in a sim? Do you get the full effect as when you're in a live-fire combat situation? Personally, I don't think so. I think in a real dogfight, Corran would be able to read Tycho's moves better, kind of what we saw during I, Jedi.

Those are just my random thoughts.

;)

~Corran

17. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    So,would you like me to guest judge again,Corran? :)

18. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    In I,Jedi when Corran was flying against Tycho i sort of found it a little to unbelievable that corran was able to dodge two proton torpedoes I mean his ship was agile and all but...

You know it seems like corrans ability to read minds telekinesis or whatever has severely decreased since I, jedi. I mean he still has the power its just authors arent finding space to use it really. just my thoughts on the matter.

19. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Because of past history in other drafts, I'm really opposed to having to bring in guest judge after guest judge, because it really affects the way the draft plays out. I'm going to give slush a little more time, otherwise I might just have to replace him for the remainder of the finals.

Time shall tell.

~Corran

20. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Pardon, I thought the quote was coming from I, Jedi.

21. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    So Corran, when you going to make like the Jedi Draft and get another judge in here? ;)

22. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Hopefully unless slush shows up which I am doubting he will not at least not for a little while longer which I dont really feel like waiting.

23. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    I will be bringing in a replacement judge shortly, who will take slush's place for the remainder of the finals.

~Corran

24. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    excellent, good job Corran.

*round of applause for the Commish*

And may I inquire as to who it is?

25. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    No, no you may not.

:p