main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Second 2003 Starfighter Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Corran10584, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    Ahh shucks.

:(

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Here I am again! :D Ok,on to the matchup,

Man,this has GOT to be one of the best battles of this whole draft,and it was extremly hard for me to deside.They're even in my book.But,one of them has to win,Corran is a extremly good pilot,and he has force abilites which helps alot.Tycho also is an extremly good pilot,having worked for both the Republic and the Empire.And also,both of these pilots have commanded Rogue Sqaudron.Like I said,both of these pilots are pretty much even,but I'm gonna have to go with, Tycho in this case.Wedge gave him command of the Rogues on several occasions,and I think that must mean Wedge thought a lot of him as pilot to give him that much of a command.Corran is great too,but I think Tycho is better by just a fraction.

Winner:Tycho Celchu

Love it or hate it,that's my pick.

(Sorry,just had to copy that line,Corran. ;))

OBIX1 out. :)

3. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    So... Corran beat Luke, Luke beat Tycho, and Corran lost to Tycho...

?[face_plain]

Whatever, I'll have the next match-up posted shortly.

~Corran

4. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    So... Corran beat Luke, Luke beat Tycho, and Corran lost to Tycho...

Yeah,it was really,really hard for me to deside,and I almost went with Corran.But,the thing that really convinsed me that Tycho was little better was the fact that he Took command of the Rogues several times.If it wasn't for that fact,Corran might have won. :)

5. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Well that was quick.

OB1X1 now that you are an icon artist can you get a shot of luke from ANH where he is getting out of the cockpit of the X-wing, I personally think that that would make a good icon. I think I asked this before but I dont think I got a great answer from the icon people. So ya please.

Nice judging,just a quick question because my memory is failing here when did Corran lead the Rogues? Was it DW?

6. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    damn double post

7. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Triple post arghhhh.

8. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    OB1X1 now that you are an icon artist can you get a shot of luke from ANH where he is getting out of the cockpit of the X-wing, I personally think that that would make a good icon. I think I asked this before but I dont think I got a great answer from the icon people. So ya please.

Sure! From which movie? Or does it not matter? :)

Nice judging,just a quick question because my memory is failing here when did Corran lead the Rogues?

Thanks! I don't know which book exactly,but that's what I've read,according to some sources. :)

9. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    From A new hope before of after Luke blows up the death star he is standing on the ladder, I think. I just like that shot he sort gives you a cocky han solo smile.

10. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Sure! I'll go see if I can find a shot of that. :)

11. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Thanks and if you can't find it to quick dont worry about it.

And Corran it is odd but it depends on judging and what sort of day it is.

Like some days I think Luke is better than Corran but then you find arguments for the other person and you can't really figure out who should win.

And Gaeri it looks like we are at least going to team battle if not another round.

12. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    SuperVader,I made a Luke icon for ya.I used the closest pic I could find to what you asked for,to make it.It's at the top of my page,Here

:)

13. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Results of Round 2:

Corran Horn gets taken out by Tycho Celchu

After Round 2:

Intruder Squadron 0 Tiger Squadron 2

Sorry for the delay folks, but my computer has been acting crazy again, not to mention that I'm feeling like bantha poodoo right now. Oh well, let's move on. The next battle order for this round is...6!!

Tal'dira vs. Riv Shiel

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

14. Da_Joker

Da_Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    PLEASE, DRAFT MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

15. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Thats great OB1X1, Question will that be put up with the other icons or will I have to look around for it?

and Go Riv.

16. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Thats great OB1X1, Question will that be put up with the other icons or will I have to look around for it?

Well,there's a chance it might be uploaded.But,first Grilled-Sarlacc picks icons for the poissabilitys page,and then the icon makers vote on them.So,there's a chance it could be picked. :)

17. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OBI... could u do an icon of either

Inyri FOrge
    Wes and Inyri together

Jaggie Jaya together

18. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    uh ohh nearing second page or fourth page whatever.

*lights Judges beacon*

19. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Inyri FOrge
    Wes and Inyri together

Jaggie Jaya together

Sure,I'd happy to! :) Could you provide me with some source pics though? I don't know to many sites with EU pics.Thanks! :)

20. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Sorry for not being on here much over the last couple days, but i've been battling a pretty bad cold for the past few days, so I've been feeling like a Sarlacc snack lately. [face_plain]

The Match-Up: Tal'dira vs. Riv Shiel

Riv was a good pilot in Rogue Squadron, but Tal'dira has got more experience and, in my eye, more skill. Thus I give the win to the bulky Twi'lek.

The Winner: Tal'dira

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

21. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
  22. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    by more experience you mean more experience flying with in Ryloth sort of in total than Rogue squadron experience correct.

23. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    ::cough:: *bump* ::cough::

Tal'dira did have experience leading his Twi'lek squadron. It's not quite leading Rogue Squadron, to be sure, but Twi'leks certainly can be scrappy.

24. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Just like Bib fortuna :p

Where is Rooty

25. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Ok,here's my vote, :)

This matchup is a fairly good one,but neather player seems to be an all-star or anything.Both were memebrs of Rouge Squadron,which,like I've said before,is saying something right there.Riv seems to be a good pilot.Even though there's not a whole lot of info on him.But,Tal'dira seems to be a little better,if he challenged Wedge to a duel,he must have have been a pretty good pilot,and had confidence in himself.

Winner:Tal'dira

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.