main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Second Annual Disneyland Star Wars Fan Day - June 25, 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett-MP, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Except for still recovering from my car accident (and being stuck on the EVC or whatever you call the electric cart) WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!! AND WHAT A HUGE TURNOUT!!!

James and Britt thank you AGAIN for putting this together..AND riding with Santa Cruz on the soft opening of Pirates. Being with your group made it even more magical.

Thanks again for everything. We had a blast..and EVERY CM we ran into on Sunday commented about how cool the Unofficial SW Day was and that maybe Disneyland would finally get official ones! :D See what you guys started!!![:D]

Thanks again from ALL of us here at SCFF!!

Kim

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    *waves a half eaten churro at Master K.*

Yoooooouuuu wannnnnt thhhhiiisss, dooooon't youuuuuuuuu....

Okay, so it's from Costco :shrugs:

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    What was worse was the Churro carts were ALL closed on SAT!!!! ARRGGGHHHHHHH!!!

(Didn't get one on Sun.. but Monday morning...YUP TWOOOOOOOO of Them!!) lol

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Rats - we were in line quite a while for Pirates - and were told repeatedly there is no new hope of it opening and then I learn it did, after we left.

Well, we only traveled from Michigan, Texas and North Carolina, so it's not like it was a biggie.

Still - it was great to once again be surrounded by an army of Star Wars fans. Worth the trip, actually. Kudos to all who put so much time and work in making it happen.

Revving up for another Celebration.

5. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Did I miss the link to the group photo, or is it not up yet?

6. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    It's not up yet. I'm wondering if it'll be up before the 4th. I think Britt has been at Disneyland everyday after work this week. I'll leave him a message and see if he has an eta for posting the pic.

7. jedidad1

jedidad1 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    I was wondering if someone knew when the photo might be posted from this event?
    Brian

8. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Yeah, where is it? Britt is being a slacker. :p

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Did this event happen? I see no photographic evidence that such a day happened?!? [face_laugh][face_worried][face_mischief][face_laugh]

10. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Britt's working on a lot of photos (this being one of them) as we speak. He's been a little busy at Disneyland for the past two weeks or so. I'm sure once he gets all his sites caught up, he'll post the photo. So it should be done this year :p

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ya know... we still haven't gotten our shirts yet. [face_worried]

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Didn't those shirts sell out?

13. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    He's know for at least a year that he was going to need to do this photo. That seems like plenty of time to prepare. Don't get me started on the whole "busy at Disneyland" thing.

14. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Oh, so no non-employee has ever spent more than two weeks in a row after work everyday at Disneyland taking pictures of the parades and costumed cast members "just because"? Come on man, you act like that's out of the ordinary.

:p

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Grouppictopost.jpg]

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    HOUSTON...WE HAVE PICTURE!!!!!!:D

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    All be it an unofficial copy.

18. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Today marks the 1 month anniversary for the 2nd annual star wars day.. and still no pic on the website.. bitter.. why yes i am!

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Be patient. Lots of things take one month. The moon cycle. The gestation period of many small mammals. 8th class shipping from Australia. The list goes on and on

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Maybe we should introduce a Padawan for next year to upload it.

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Uploading's not really the problem. I have a better idea anyway.

Next year, someone (I'll even volunteer to do it if I'm there and someone reminds me beforehand) give Britt a memory card to take the picture with and then get it from him right after the photo. Sure, it won't have all the cool photoshopping done to it that Britt will do, but it'll at least be put online somewhere.

I was going to make some witty remark about how he can't possibly upload the photo since he's never home, but I just noticed that his other website was updated on July 14th. That was probably the last update he made to anything before Comic-Con.

*sigh*

22. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey! Photoshop isn't officially a verb yet is it? I know google was added to the dictionary as a verb.
    Oh yeah, next year. Unfortunately, I don't think the guy that does the website for us will have it done in time. [face_worried]

23. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm considering going to Disneyland and just taking him hostage until he posts the photo. It shouldn't be to hard to find him since he posts where he'll be on his calendar.

I don't know if photoshop is a verb or not, but I use it like it's one :D

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey James,,, STILL no shirts in the mail..can you contact the guy for us? Thanks..

Also, I ran in to Britt at ComicCon..STILL teasing him about the DL Day pic.. LOL;)

25. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    In all honesty, I really thought he was going to do it on the 11th. Imagine my surprise when it was never posted. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.