main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Second Annual Picnic Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    August 9th is our second annual picnic, at South Park. Rox told me that he has reserved a pavalion and will be getting directions to everyone 'soon'

But, no reason why we cant start some planning for this now . . .

Last year we did a 'covered dish' thing, where everyone posted what they would bring. I'm thinking that worked well, so no reason not to do it again. Please post here what you plan to bring.

How's about paying for the park pavalion through the SWAP account. I'm fairly certain that this was discussed, but I can't remember with whom or when. So, if there are no objections, that's what we'll do.

It was suggested a while ago that we have the Third Interclubbal Tourney at the picnic. Tourney play does take a couple of hours, but if no one objects, why not?? Those interested in participating in the Epic Duels Interclubbal Tourney, please post here that you will be participating. Remember, 'enterence fee' is $5, with the money collected going to the SWAP account.

I believe that it was the Jedi 1966's that brought the volleyball set last year . . . could they bring it again this year??

All other suggestions and planning commentary most welcome! Oh, and for those that were not around last year, this event is a 'family' event. Family & friends are more than welcome!

I'll bring some cole slaw and some pop (diet vanilla coke!)

oh, and don't forget your lightsabers! Much fun was had last year 'dueling'!

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I will gladly layeth the smackdown in the gaming tournament!

3. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    aug. 9....i may be able to make it but my cousins are comming some where around that time...they are comming sometime after the 6th, because i have a concert to go to that day, so they might be here....i'll find out!!

4. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    If your cousins are in town, bring them along to the picnic! The more the merrier :)

5. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    i'll see of they want to...they do kinda like star wars...

6. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'll be in the tourney!

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'll be there with Em as well. I'll be playing the tourney and have something special that I'll be unveling at the BBQ for the tourney. As well, I will have another game to unveil there as well. Let's just say that it's safer than saber fighting but is not a board game. Oh, I almost forgot, I'll have a "Special" game as well. The only thing I'll let you in on about this one is this (and it the most obvious and biggest clue here) ....know your Star Wars music....

We'll bring a dish of some sorts. I think it had been mentioned that we would make a list of what was needed and pass that around at the July meeting. This way noone brought seconds/extras of something and we would have a bigger selection of food. In any event, we'll bring something, I'm just going to wait to post what, until either others post what their bringing or we get it nailed down at the July meeting.

Don't forget folks that voting for cub officers takes place at this event. Good luck to all the nominees. (Nominations will be taking place at the July meeting)

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Looking forward to your 'something special'. The star destroyer cake you did last year was incredible! and very tasty :)

9. Akar

Akar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm planning on being ther if I can get directions. Maybe I'll bring some friends. Don't know yet. As long as no one is on a diet, I'll bring some tasty desserts. (yes, more than one) I also have three aluminum lightsabers and an 8 foot double bladed saber I will bring.

10. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Is there still going to be a sign up list of things to bring to the pivnic? If not me and abbey will probably just bring a few cases of pop or something.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah, I was gonna pst this in a few minutes. I left my notebook in the car. As soon as it stops raining I will post it.

12. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Gretings, blokes.

I don't think it ever got mentioned, but when does this crazy thing start? Noonish?

At any rate, I just now made an appointment for the phone folks to come and (hopefully) fix my jacked-up phone line that morning, so I'll swing by whenever they get done.

I intend to take part in the Epic Duels gaming tourney, so if you could wait to start that until I get there, that'd be faboo.

My apartment is falling apart around me,
    Yours Truly

13. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Will directions be posted here, or somewhere else on the site?

Thanks!

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    They are probably going to be posted here as well as on the main page or at least a link from the main page to this thread.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Here's teh official list. I am posting the directions tomorrow. I didn't have a chance to get them scanned today before I go to work.

Hamburgers: Terry/Brendon
    Hotdogs: Chris
    Buns: Chris
    Napkins: Zero
    Plasticwares: Terry
    SideSalad(potato, coleslaw, macaroni): the 66's
    Cake:
    Cookies:
    Soda: Zero
    Chips: Bonnie
    Plates: Josh
    Cups:
    Board games: Chris(epic duels)
    Radio: Sal
    Grill: The 66's (we could use another one as well)
    Cooking Utensils: The 66's
    Ice: Brian

If you would like just copy/paste the list then add yourself to something. If there is something you think is missing add it.

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Cake: <<<<<SAL>>>>>
    Board games: Chris(epic duels) and Sal (I'll bring an extra copy and I have a surprise for this game as well!)
    Radio: Sal (Another surprise with this also)

Wear your club shirts or a SW shirt if you don't have a club one. (Not mandatory)

17. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    cups and cookies

18. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Abbey and I can bring cups and we can bring more pop too since only 1 person signed up to bring it...

Chris

19. jadalyn

jadalyn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    I can bring some more cookies. I will figure out what kind later. I am not thinking well right now I was on call this past week and i did not get home until 1:00 am this morning. I am so glad that it is Tuesday that is when we change people on call do it's not my problem any more.

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Since no official gathering time was ever set, I'm seizing power to suggest one :D

Meet at the pavalion in South Park around 11 AM. this will give us time to unpack the food, heat up the grill and make us some lunch!

I'm also going to suggest that the Third Inter-clubbal Tourny begin at 3PM. That gives us some time before hand to eat, play some volleyball, bang the plastic sabers together, enjoy Sal's various suprises, and be harrassed by the resident phototerrorist before we settle down to the serious business of fighting like maniacs over possession of the Interclubbal Trophy.

Hows that sound to everyone??

21. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    11:00? That sounds really early why not make it for around 1 that still gives us plenty of time to unload and light the grill.

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    because the Tourny takes a couple of hours to complete . . .

A 11 AM start time doesn't mean that everyone HAS to be there at 11 AM. those that want to, be there, for those 'late risers' wander in whenever you feel like :)

23. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm horrible at guess-timating quantity, so how many bags of ice do you guys think I'll need to pick up?

1 + 1 = something,
    Yours Truly

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    3 maybe? Assuming that they are the regular sized bags that costs abour $1.50.

Not 100% certain if I can make it yet, so that is why I haven't said I would bring something.

25. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    sorry guys - a major family issue has come up. We won't be able to make the picnic.

hopefully yinz can find someone else to bring the grill and stuff

sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.