main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Second Annual Picnic Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

As was noted by everyone else, the picnic was a very good time. I had a blast hanging with everyone that attended, and very much enjoyed the fact that I finally had a decent showing in the Epic Duels tourney.

3rd place, baby!

At any rate, I'm very sorry to hear about Terry and his car. Hope you aren't banged up too badly, and that your car can come back to life with as minimal cost as possible.

Bad things stink,
    Yours Truly

2. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I'm glad to read that you're on the mend, Terry. Hope you're feeling better and that your car back to you soon.

:)

Tina

3. DaRtHCoLeRa

DaRtHCoLeRa Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2003
    So that leaves Brian the winner if Terry had 3 proxy votes cause it was sal 7 and brian 5 i believe. If I'm worng correct me.

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    What about you Terry. You haven't voted yet, so it could feasibly end up as a tie (if you were to vote for me that is). If that's the case, then what, Terry, do you suggest we do?

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I will abstain(sp?) from voting. I missed the vote so I don't get a vote.

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    You missed it because of a completely understandable reason. you were in a car accident. So please vote. Either way, you have that right to do so.

7. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I'm gonna have to second what Sal said. Yes, technically, you did miss the voting, and while I'm sure we all appreciate your willingness to abide by set down rules, when extenuating circumstances(sp?) such as these occur, I doubt anyone would have a problem accomidating.

Does that all make sense, cause now my brain hurts.

8. DaRtHCoLeRa

DaRtHCoLeRa Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2003
    I don't think that terry should be put in a predictiment like this. He either has to tie it and make things more complicated or leave them the way they are now, basically. I eman he can vote be he'd rather take the pressure off him self because he wasn't there. which is a wise desicion

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Predicament or not he is the Pres of this club. At least the voting should be complete whether he votes for me or not isn't the full question. It's understandable that I would want him to vote my way. That notwithsatnding, He has every right to vote. If it causes a tie then so be it, we deal with it. If he votes for Brian then the FULL votes have been tallied and there is no question. I'm not worried about my felelings being hurt if he were to vote against me, but to abstain when it means his vote is the swing...IMO that's not good. It just shows that this was a close "race" and EVERY vote counts. I won't get into Terry's head for his decision, but I'd really like to see this out to completion.

Fluke, you were right that the votes should have been left unsaid until Terry was available. Now this will never be truly completed if Terry's vote isn't accounted for.

I didn't mention the vote tally to Terry on Sunday because I didn't want to sway his vote one way or another. If you all recall, I was in the lead and Chris (Greencat) wanted to call the election but both myself and Brian said no. This was the fairest way to do it and Terry's vote was and still is needed to finish this properly. Chad, sorry man but your posting the numbers for everyone to know had an impact on the vote. I wouldn't have mentioned the vote tally to Terry had it not been posted. Your eagerness to have Brian in and me out swayed this. I did talk to Terry earlier and informed him of your post which in turn informed him of the Tally. If he isn't voting to avoid the tie and subsequent dealings with that or to avoid "hurting my feelings" were he not to vote for me, then that's his business, but I still think it should be on the record.

I won't take this any further. If we are not going to finish business because or contraversy one way or the other then maybe we should have no officers.

If mathmatically there was no way for the vote to be any different ie one of us was ahead by a margin where Terry's vote wouldn't have mattered, I wouldn't be making a big deal of this.

I am because I really want to be an officer f the club and to see that matters get handled and not dropped on a technicality (which still IMO does not exhist).

I'm not mad but am rather, disappointed in the way this turned out. Not for Brian's sake. I respect him and wish him the best. If this is how the voting ends so be it. I'm done.

10. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I concur with Sal and Zero: I think Terry should be allowed to have his vote. (Conceptually, or technically, I don't see why we can't consider his vote to have been proxied to himself. I'm sure he knew who he was voting for prior to the picnic, and I'm sure he would have been the one to tally up the final votes and announce the winner, had he been present.)

In hindsight, methinks it would have been better to not count out the votes until all were collected, including the proxies, but what's done is done, and can't be changed.

Terry will do what he believes to be for the best, and I'll support whatever it is that he ultimately decides to do, regardless of who benefits.

Finds himself car-less in an automotive world,
    Yours Truly

11. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    This does put Terry in an akward position. The ballots were secret for a reason, but Terry's vote won't be.

I suggest a re-vote. Let each 'canidate' put up a 'platform statement' explaining their qualifications and why they would make a good vice-president.

Then, at the september meeting, we re-vote. After all, we have an acting president and an active secretary/treasurer so its not like all the 'club business' ;) won't get done over the next month . . .

I'm also going to move this discussion to its own thread and off the picnic thread.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    By the way was a meeting date and place set for next month? That's something that should be taken care of right away.

13. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Sorry for the late post, but thanks to all for a fun time last Sat. Even if I didn't see the Sabaac game, I saw the cards and they are great. I may get involved in the next Epic Duels match - if I don't have to be somewhere later :)

Sal, thanks for all the work you did with games, and Em, the cake was wonderful. Lots of talent between you two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.