main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Second Annual Winter Holiday Fic-gift Exchange Challenge!! ~ Stats and Questions from mav~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Welcome to the Second Annual Winter Holiday Fic-gift Exchange Challenge!
    (Can it really be annual if this is only the second year I've done it??)

It's that time of year again, a time to give gifts to those you love, to receive things you've wanted all year but still haven't bought for yourself, a time to eat WAY too much food and then feel guilty about it later. So instead of worry about all that extra weight, how about showing some love here on the boards by giving (and receiving) a Fic-gift. (Think secret Santa with a fic exchange minus the religious connotation, we don't want to leave anyone out! :) )

How to Participate:

Send a PM to me, mavjade with three things you would like to see in your fic, one thing you wouldn't like (new this year!), and the main characters (No more than three, please) you in your Fic-gift. (Isn't picking out your own gifts fun!! Though you should be kind and at least act surprised when you get it! :p )

If it isn't obvious what Era you want this fic to be in, please include that as well.

Don't make your requests SUPER specific, this isn't the dare challenge! ;)

Also, send me what Era you would like to write in (more than one is fine) and any characters you absolutely refuse to write.

~*~*~*~*~

Example PM:

I would like:
    1. Dancing
    2. Luke embarrassing himself
    3. A stolen kiss

I don't want:
    Angst

Characters:
    Luke and Mara

I would like to write in Beyond or Saga

~*~*~*~*~

After I have received all the requests I will then send you someone else's request and you will write for them. You request will not necessarily be given to the person for whom you are writing, but it is possible that it will happen.

When you are writing, feel free to be as creative as you want, just remember to include the things for which your fic-gift recipient asked.

If for some reason you find you will not be able to get your Fic-gift done by the deadline, please let me know as soon as possible so I can send the request to someone else, I don't want anyone to get left out!

**If you would like to write another fic if someone can't get theirs done, please let me know... we can always use pinch hitters! :)

Deadlines:

Please sign up by: midnight board time November 30th
    Request will start going out by: December 1st
    Deadline for your Fic-gift to be posted: midnight board time January 1st

~ Please include "Fic-gift for the person's name" in the title when posting your gift and please link back to this thread. :)

Previous Threads:

2007 Winter Holiday Fic-gift Exchange
    AF and Ish's Sithly Secret Santa Exchange - A similar challenge hosted by DarthIshtar and AnakinsFavorite in 2006

If you have any questions, please let me know!!

*This thread was posted with modly permission. Thank you mods!

2. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Before the Saga

Choice by Seremela for C1-J2 -Revan, Carth Onasi, a little bit of HK-47 - Romance

A Little Light by NYCitygurl for Seremela -Qui-gon, Dooku, Obi-wan- Hurt/Comfort

Saga
    Gift From the Soul, Gift From the Heart by earlybird_obi_wan for LillyHobbitJedi -Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi-

Mery What?? byGuNgAnFaN3090 for earlybird_obi_wan -Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi-

The Curious Case of Binks, Bombad Palpy, and Vadey Shmadey by JediXManSerenaKenobi for JEDIGUNSHIP - Darth Vader, Jar-Jar Binks- Humor

Seriously by snowspeeder_gunner for JediXManSerenaKenobi -Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Saesee Tiin, other random Jedi-

A Pleasant Surprise by LillyHobbitJedi for Alexis_Wingstar -Qui-Gon Jinn, Shmi, Anakin Skywalker-

Food Fight by JEDIGUNSHIP for GuNgAnFan3090 -Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca- Action, Humor

Oh, She Has an Idea Alright by Rau_Fang for Laine_Snowtrekker -Han Solo, Leia Organa- Banter

Islancio by TheMusicalJedi for KELIA -Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala, Yoda- Romance

Friends by Laine_Snowtrekker for dancing_star -Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa-

Passing Graces by DarthIstar for TheMusicalJedi -Obi-Wan, Padme, Ahsoka- Humor, Drama

Dance, Dance Gamorrean by C1-J2 for MsLanna -OC, Anakin Skywalker- Humor

Distractions by mavjade for madman007 -Mara Jade, The Emperor- Angst

A Boys Night Out by Alexis_Wingstar for Rau_fang -Han, Lando, and Chewbacca- Humor

Beyond the Saga

Keep Away by Mira_Jade for Idrelle_Miocovani -Wes Janson, Mara Jade- Humor, Romance

Café 1930 by Idrelle_Miocovani for Ceillean -Kyp Durron, Eliziya (Liz) Thompson (OC)- Humor, Romance

Dubious Dinner by MiralukaJedi for snowspeed_gunner -Wedge Antillies, Hobbie Kilvan, Wes Janson- Humor

Peace on Coruscant by RK_Striker_JK_5 for Aiel - Entire Skywalker family, Obi-Wan, Yoda- Humor

One Request by madman007 for Lightsaber123 -Ben Skywalker, Shira Brie, Lumiya- Romance

Help by MsLanna for Mira_Jade - Karrde and Shada- Romance

Upside Down by Celliean for Miraluka_Jedi -Wes Janson, Corran Horn, Garik Loran

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Count me in.
    Soon as I can steal a moment from NaNo, I'll make up my mind about the pm. Promise.:)
    Last year was just SUCH a blast![:D]

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    PM coming your way :D

5. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    This is such a great idea! Looks like last year's was a lot of fun. :)

PM sent!

6. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Oh, yes. I will sign up. As soon as I figure what I want. Ill get back with you.

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oooh! I want to do this this year!

I need to think about what I want, though. Hmmm... [face_thinking]

8. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Is this the part where I type up and send my gift from last year, lol? I got way too busy and just remembered about it [face_plain]

Lo siento to whomever that was! [face_beatup]

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Sign me up! PM is in!

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    PM is in! Whoever gets mind... Mwhahaha. [face_devil]

But I will love you forever. [:D]

11. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh yay! I loved last year. Count me in.

12. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh I am so in!

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I sent mine in.

14. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
  15. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    I'm so so so totally in!!!

PM sent--let the fun begin!!!

16. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Got mine in. Now hopefully I actually get a fic gift this year.

17. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I'll sign up this year. Now I just have to think of what I want for my fic-gift. [face_thinking]

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Sent in my PM.

19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Just letting everyone know that you have 10 days left to send me a PM if you want to participate!

Here is the list of people I have gotten PMs from already. If you have sent me a PM and don't see your name here, please let me know!

Alexis_Wingstar
    Path-Seeker
    brodiew
    Mira_Jade
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    KELIA
    snowspeeder_gunner
    DarthIstar
    TheMusicalJedi
    Iris_Jedi_Jade
    Ceillean
    madman007
    BigFatty
    Darth_Mu
    Laine_Snowtrekker

20. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Can we pick NSWFF for our era? Please? Pretty please? [face_devil]

21. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This looks rather interesting. :D

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    PM sent. Sounds like fun. :)

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hmmm... that is a very good thought and something I thought about for quite some time (hence it taking me a little while to get back to you on it). I would love to include NSWFF (which my brain still sees as NSFW when I first look at it! LOL!) in this exchange, but I don't see a way to do so. If you were to give me a non-SW wish, I can't know who knows about that particular fandom and who doesn't. It wouldn't be fair to give it to someone who had no idea about it, make them do a ton of research or probably what would happen would be that they just wouldn't do it and you would not get your gift. Where as if we keep it in SW I know we all know about SW, maybe different eras, but still SW none the less.

So as much as I would love to say yes, I'm going to have to go with no. Sorry! :( [:D]

24. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
  25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    PM sent! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.