main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Second Battle of Jabiim during the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Anything known about this battle except what little is said in The New Essential Guide to Droids?

2. Alpha-02

Alpha-02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Basically, the Empire subjugated Jabiim after the CW and used it as a mining planet. As per usual a small underground resisitance formed and continued to strike at the Empire on-planet, until eventually they were contacted by the Alliance and asked to join. Luke and several others were sent there only to be captured because of his name, the Jabiimi remembered what a previous Skywalker had done to them during the CW. Luke sets about trying to find what his father did, whilst Hobbie and Wedge discover an Imperial fleet complete with slave ships heading for the planet.

Seeing the incoming Imperials Luke and his captors put their differences aside to fight the Imperials. Luke is not very useful during the fight, haunted as he is by Anakin's being viewed as a traitor on Jabiim (remember we're pre-ESB here). With huge technological advantages the Imperials win the battle easily, crushing the rebellion. Several wealthy Jabiimi cut a deal, they paid for their freedom by giving the rest of the planet as slaves.

However, there was one final complication, Darth Vader was onboard the Imperial fleet in orbit. Jabiim brought back too many memories for him and he ordered the entire surface on the planet to be decimanted using a feeble excuse of depriving the Alliance of an potential ally. This allowed the rebels to escape and hide in the mines (the only safe place under the bombardment), they were eventually defeated and the survivors reportedly enslaved.

If you need any more it's Empire 29-36, In The Shadows of Their Fathers #1-5 and The Wrong Side of the War #1

3. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    No, the one I'm talking about was during the Clone Wars, though a Second battle there.

4. Alpha-02

Nov 14, 2006
    Ah, should have read your post fully, then I would have realised that with the NEGtD reference that it couldn't have been the Civil War battle.

Anyway, back to the topic. I don't think it's ever been mentioned except in the NEGtD (in one of the Crab Droid articles IIRC).

5. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Didn't think so, just making sure.

Thanks! :)

6. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    It's a retcon. Its because the Battle of Jabiim was mentioned in The Cestus Deception which takes place before the Battle of Jabiim occurs (IIRC). So they retconned the Battle of Jabiim shown in the clone wars comics (which I think is the republic series) as the 2nd battle.

7. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    So I guess this also now means Vaapad existed a thousand years before Mace created it and the Mandalorians lured the Republic into war by holding police auctions.

This could make for a good topic..."what other typos would you like to see become canon?"

8. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Well, I'd hold off on assuming about the Vaapad until the paperback comes out...

9. Alpha-02

Nov 14, 2006
    You can already ignore the Vaapad, if you check the continuity issues in Darth Bane PoD thread you'll see that Drew Karypshyn posted to say that was a mistake and should read Juyo.

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    That typo never gets old. [face_laugh]

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm still waiting for more info on the rank of Grand Moff Grand Moff.

12. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I...can you point me in the direction of that reference? Is that in PoD, also? (If so, don't spoil me. I'll find it for myself.)

13. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Yeah, it's right after the part where Bane reveals that he likes to wear angora sweaters.

Either that, or Flashpoint #2.

14. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    For reasons I can't quite determine, that had me in stitches.

15. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    It's a good yarn, at the very least.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.