Beyond Second Chance--post DN, romance, angst--K/J, J/J and J/Z, Jys/OC--**Complete**-- Updated 10/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: Second Chance
    Author: Flowerlady
    Timeframe: post-DN
    Characters: Jaina, Kyp, Jag, Zekk, Jysella, Ben, OC
    Genre: Romance, Angst
    Disclaimer: I own nothing.
    Summary: Jaina returns from the unknown regions and tries to get her life back in order but ends up making more of a mess of it.

Author?s Notes: I will warn you now, that this is not purely K/J, J/J or a J/Z fic. It is all three. It will end with K/J possibily having a second chance (ah?the reason for the title) at love but Jaina needs to deal with her love for Jag first and her relationship with Zekk.

~~@};-~~Second Chance~~@};-~~

1 year after the Chiss/Killik Conflict

~Prologue?Jaina~

Jaina Solo walked through the darkened Jedi Temple as she headed back to her small apartment quarters within the Temple. It was late and she was tired but it really had little to do with the lateness of the hour. She was returning from yet another disappointing and frustrating date with yet another complete jerk.

She entered the code for her apartment and entered without ordering up the lights. Enough light was coming through the window of her living area to let her see her way to the small bedroom. She entered the plainly decorated room and turned the lights on low. She pulled off the blouse and threw it over the foot locker that sat at the end of the bed. And sighed, What?s wrong with me? Why do I always attract such losers? The thought was bitter as she thought about the latest Mister Wrong, the third one this month.

After the effects of being a Killik Joiner ended about nine months ago she decided to begin dating again. Well, she admitted to herself, when did I ever truly date? As a kid she was head-over-heels for Zekk. Then Jag Fel captured her heart during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Of course, despite the mind meld she and Zekk shared for nearly two years, and despite the fact she tried to kill Jag and he would have killed her, she was still deeply in love with him. There was only one profound problem besides the fact he was her enemy?he was presumed dead.

As she finished undressing and went into the ?fresher to wash her face and take down the twist she had her long brown hair done up in, she thought of the other man in her life?Kyp Durron. He was her best friend and mentor. He had been her guiding light for many, many years. She loved him, if she was completely honest with herself, but she wasn?t in love with him. She knew that he had harbored feelings for her since the Vong War even if he never really came right out and admitted them.

She began to brush out her long hair, hair that she often discovered Kyp playing with when he would put his arm around her shoulders while they watched their favorite Holodrama, and she wondered if he still felt anything for her.

Then suddenly she wondered if she could fall in love with Kyp. Could her friendship love become romantic love? Sure, she was attracted to him and she had considered a relationship with him before, but should she actually give their love a chance?

Okay, there is the first post. I know it's not much but tell me what you think. I will try to get more of this up before too long...

Now, I must go and work on The Lifeday Gift.....

FL @};-
  2. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Wonderful beginning! This looks like it's going to be really interesting. Could you PM me when you update? I have the worst habbit of not being able to find fics when they're updated without a PM. Lol. :p
  3. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    ahh wonderful start!!! i can't wait for more and we're also getting an update for The Lifeday Gift soon[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    this one seems very interesting. it's not all going to be K/J, but it sure as heck better end with them like you insinuated!!![face_praying]
    again bravo on another great beginning=D= =D= =D=
    MORE SOON PLEASE!!!

meg
  4. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    ooo! Another Flowerlady Fanfic! GREAT start. I honestly dont know how you do it. I'm having trouble just keeping up with two!! Anywho, im excited for this one. Seems like an interesting tale indeed.
  5. skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Inara Force Ghost

star 4
    I really like this premise. As much as a lot of diehard shippers won't admit it, Jag, Zekk, and Kyp are all part of Jaina's life, and she can't end up with one unless she's dealt with the other two in a conclusive way.

I can't wait to see where you take this! :)
  7. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for reading. I hope that it will be.

And I've put you on my PM list...

Thanks for reading... And as promised I hope to have the next update for The Lifeday Gift up soon. I'm having trouble with a certain boating scene. That's what happens when I don't hand write my fics first. LOL

And this had better end up a K/J fic or I'll be kicked off the KypandJainaShippersUnited website, where I'm also posting this. So, that should ease your mind. I love that site.... :D

Thanks!!! I honestly don't know where I'm coming up with this either. I really thought that Always Have, Always Will would sap me of any and all creative jucies I contained. But if anything, I find myself actually fending off plot bunnies, mainly because after I concider them, they aren't that good. But every now and then one sticks and bugs me until I put it into words.:)

Thank you!!!![face_blush]

Thanks!!

I have been trying for a while to come up with a plausible story where all three are in it, have their chance with Jaina and either the romance works or doesn't but no one is really a bad guy. Even Jag :p And Jaina isn't really a bad person either only a little misguided because deep down she has feelings for all three of them.

FL @};-
  8. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Guess what guys.... I spent my lunch hour typing this next part and decided to post it

Hope you enjoy!!!!

~>X<~

Part One?Kyp

~Chapter 1~

?Come in,? came the reply to the door bell.

Jaina entered the apartment that was only a few doors down from hers. She had been here countless times, in fact, she and Jedi Master Kyp Durron spent a lot of time together in this apartment. But there wasn?t anything romantic between them, even if occasionally the Temple rumor mill suggested that there was. Kyp and Jaina were just best friends, plain and simple?however; Jaina was hoping to change that.

She and Kyp got together on the same night every week to watch their favorite Holodrama on the HoloNet. They would sit side by side, often with Kyp?s arm draped around her shoulders playing with her hair, eat popped kernel grains and drink Lom Ale and laugh at the characters? stupid romantic entanglements. They began doing this along with their every other morning sparring matches not long after she came back from the unknown regions, and they missed their time together when either one of them would be on a mission away from the Temple.

She stepped over to the couch and Kyp looked up from the food prep area where he was finishing up with the popped grains which she was sure he had smothered with blue butter, just the way she liked them. ?So, how was the date?? he asked as he came towards her with the large bowl brimming with blue tinged, yellow-white popped kernels.

She took a handful before he sat it down on the low caf table and plopped herself on the couch, then proceeded to roll her eyes. ?Why did I think he was so great?? she responded to his question as she filled her mouth with the grains.

Kyp laughed and turned to go back to the refrigeration unit and get their ale bottles. ?I don?t know, but I distinctly remember you saying something about him being?? Kyp stopped and handed Jaina her bottle and pretended to be in deep thought, his eyes tinkling with mischief, ?Ah! Yes, I remember now?you called him ?dreamy?.?

?Ugh!? She threw the throw pillow beside her at him; he laughed as he easily caught it and put it beside him as he sat beside her on the couch. ?I would never say that about a man. Sure, he was cute, but that was about all he had going for him.?

Kyp recovering from his bout of laughter put his arm around her shoulders and asked gently, ?Do you want to talk about it??

She looked at the Jedi Master and shook her head, ?No, he?s not worth the breath.? Their eyes met and not for the first time Jaina found herself getting lost in the stormy depths of Kyp?s dark moss green and gold flecked eyes. That was when she made her decision. She took a deep breath and quietly said, ?Kyp, can I ask you a question??

He looked away from her deep brandy eyes and took a sip of the ale before answering, ?Of course, you can. Ask away.? He turned again to peer at her and grinned, ?But, I?ll decide if I?ll answer or not.?

?Fair enough.? She swallowed and then plunged, ?Why haven?t you ever pursued me?? Kyp quickly looked away and Jaina continued, ?I know that you had feelings for me more than just friendship, but yet you watch me make a fool out of myself with these losers who want nothing more than a very famous notch on their bedposts.? Kyp gave her a sharp look and she added, ?Not that any of them ever would get that far.? She looked away as she asked very quietly, ?Have you ever wondered if we could be more than friends??

Kyp moved his arm from around Jaina and bent forward to sit his ale bottle down as he considered his answer. After swallowing the sudden lump in his throat, he looked at her and solemnly said, ?I have never pursued you because I know you don?t feel the same way for me and because I finally put any notion of an ?us? behind me.? He leaned back and after a moment he continued. He wondered why she was asking him this and for a moment he thought maybe she finally felt something for him. He de
  9. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    The need for air pulled them apart and Kyp suddenly felt as if he was about to make the biggest mistake of his life.

Oooo... uh-oh.

Great update! :D
  10. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks!!!

Yeah, Kyp really should trust those feelings....[face_devil]

Oh, Yeah, if any one would like PM's on this just let me know.....:D

FL @};-
  11. skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master

star 4
    no sleeping together... damn :D
  12. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    I said--Not yet. Trust me, they do which creates one huge mistake[face_devil]

FL @};-
  13. skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master

star 4
    cool. can't wait for kyp to screw up!!! sorry- i'm in a kyp bashing mood right now. I'll stop (eventually)
  14. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    i like how you added that... yet.......
  15. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, who says Kyppie is the one who screws up???:p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I thought everyone would like that....

FL @};-
  16. skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master

star 4
    well, it's kyp isn't it? kyp always screws up.
  17. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Not in my fics he doesn't....

FL @};-
  18. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    ahh i get on to find two new posts from you, one here and on Lifeday. I definitely need to catch up. this is amzing. i love the banter between them. why do i think i'm going to be very miserable and then very happy throughout this?????!! oh well it's too good to pass up!!;)
    i'd love a PM.
    and now I need to go read the other one!!

meg
  19. Darth_Intangable Jedi Master

star 3
    Humms...

Kyp would never screw up...

or at least his screwups are so cool that noone notices...

Nice FL

-A[face_coffee]
  20. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for reading!!!!

And yep, I'll PM you when the next post is up...

You can bet on it....

Thanks

FL @};-
  21. Darth_Intangable Jedi Master

star 3
    OHH...I forgot...add me to PM list! Thanks!!!

-A[face_coffee]

(gives caf to all)

22. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    awesome awesome awesome I can't wait for more
  23. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    gah! awsome! I can't wait for more. I hope this works between Kyp and Jaina. *smiles* add me to the PM list please!

Fireyforce
  24. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4

I most certianly will..

Would you like PM's for my other fics as well?

Thanks!!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

Yep, you are added. Will PM you for the next chapter..

I'm hoping to get Chapter 2 up later today.....:)
    FL
  25. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    You know... if you are takin names for the PM list.. I know a girl who would LOVE to be PMed when you update your awesome stories [face_batting]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.