Beyond Second Chance--post DN, romance, angst--K/J, J/J and J/Z, Jys/OC--**Complete**-- Updated 10/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    HA!

Stef, too!

:D

Wonderful.

Loved Kyp and Jaina's conversation. Was about time they had it. :)
  2. TenelKaSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah! It's about time! :) Great post!
  3. DarthJaded Jedi Grand Master

star 1

Yay! They made up, they made up. [face_dancing] [face_love] [:D] It would ahve been hilarious if Corran had seen Stef and Jys kiss. [face_laugh]

D. Jaded O:) :-B
  4. Jedi-Roxy Jedi Master

star 3
    Yippie!!!! Go Kyp, go Steph!! Great Post!!!

The Phoenix Jedi
  5. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go Durron guys!!!!
  6. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was great...very satisfying. Jaina really needed to apologise, but I am glad Kyp stopped being stubborn. He really is quite dense thinking about escaping the room until Jaina reminded him they were locked there together for a reason.

I love Stefen and Jysella together. I'm glad they kissed too!
  7. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    _sticks
    great post. yeah they finally made up.
    Yep they did!!![face_love]

SITH_MAYO
    Jaina and Kyp FINALLY talked!!! :D [face_dancing]

You wrote their emotions so clearly! Brilliant!=D= They finally got it together!!![face_love] That made my day!
    Thanks...It made my day to finally get to write it...
    Stef suddenly realising he was going to be a big brother was funny![face_laugh]
    Well, he hadn't really thought about it before then...He knew it just hadn't sunk in yet...
    Stef and Jys were perfect! :* So sweet!
    Yeah, they are perfect...[face_love]
    You're right FL, both Durrons got lucky hehe!:D
    [face_mischief]
    Nice post! Can't wait for the next one!
    Tonight, hopefully...[:D]

SWpants666
    But I'm sad to inform everyone that this story is really coming to completion...Only two more chapters after this one...

aww, that's upsetting :(
    But at least that means happy times are ahead :)
    Yep, mush ahead....sort of anyway...[face_love]

If I were to comment on what I liked about the Jaina/Kyp talk, I'd be italicizing everything. It was such a great talk. I'm so glad they were both open with each other and were able to say everything they were holding in. You can tell that both characters matured and have finally come to their senses, and it was just great.
    That was the idea behind the talk, they did mature... and both of them knew that it had to happen...no matter the outcome....
    Kyp pulled her into his arms and she wrapped hers round him and this time when their lips met the resulting kiss was full of passion?and forgiveness.

perfect :)
    Thanks...

?Jys, I just realized that I?m going to be a big brother.?

Jysella who had begun packing up her things to go, turned and stared amused at him, ?Yeah. You mean you just no realized that? Boy, you are thick sometimes.? Then she smirked, ?Must be a Durron trait.?

[face_laugh] I love that :D
    Thanks...

And yes, both of the Durron boys did get lucky! ;)
    Hopefully, the Stef/Jys thing will be enough to fix the "silly feud between two grown Jedi Masters" :p
    Hopefully they can...

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

My fav moments...

?Hey there little man, I?m your daddy.? That was just precious and spoke volumes. [face_love]
    I loved that moment too....Kyp so deserves moments like that...[face_love]
    "... their lips met the resulting kiss was full of passion?and forgiveness. Awwww....a second chance [:D]
    Yep!
    "Second, only Jys would think of locking us in a room together with a bowl of fruit, a pitcher of water and a handy refresher close by.? Yeap...smart girl:)
    She is a smart girl....of course, she is a hopeless romantic as well....and watches too much HoloNet
    ?Mara said I was a decent father? Now I know the galaxy is about to come to an end.? Too funny[face_laugh]

She grinned, ?My dad is always saying that your dad has the thickest skull in the galaxy.?
    Agree :D
    Yep....
    ?Well, my dad says that your dad is a?? suddenly Stefen blushed and sheepishly went on, ?Actually, it may be better if I don?t repeat some of the things I?ve heard him say about Master Horn.?
    Smart boy:)
    Yeah, but he doesn't want to make her mad...he wants to kiss her...[face_love]
    Then Jysella grinned and kissed him fully on the lips, but before he could respond to her, she stifled a giggle and ran into the female dormitory, leaving Stefen there to dazedly stare after her long after the sun had slipped past the horizon. Yeah...today was a very good day for love.[face_love]
    It sure was...
    G
  8. Jedi-Roxy Jedi Master

star 3
    More soon?? :confused: And will there be some sort of a sequel or spin off of some sort with Steph and Kyp and Jaina and baby? plz...[face_praying]

The Phoenix Jedi
  9. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    More?!?! [face_batting] Please say you'll post soon?![face_praying]
  10. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Jedi-Roxy
    More soon?? :confused: And will there be some sort of a sequel or spin off of some sort with Steph and Kyp and Jaina and baby? plz...[face_praying]
    I hope to post this weekend...

As for a sequel...I am thinking of doing one but it won't be for a while--I have too many stories now to keep track of...LOL...But a formal announcement will be in either next post or the last....

SITH_MAYO
    More?!?! [face_batting] Please say you'll post soon?![face_praying]
    This weekend...I hope...[:D]

FL @};-
  11. goddess_sticks Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I just read all of this fic along with your other Kyp and Jaina ones. I really like them all. Can't wait to see how you finish it.
  12. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks...I'm thrilled that you found them enjoyable...And I'm sure you'll like the ending..:)

Only one more chapter after this one...But I think you will enjoy this....

Your invited to the wedding...[face_love]

~>X<~

Chapter 29

Kyp stared at the reflection in the mirror not quite believing what was about to happen. He smoothed out the fabric for at least the tenth time of the formal dark brown robe he wore. Trying to quail the nerves that were making it feel like there were flutterwings in his stomach, he took another deep breath.

I?m getting married.

I?m getting married to Jaina Solo and am a father.

Who would have ever thought it possible?

These thoughts kept repeating themselves in his mind in an endless mantra that did nothing to make it seem more believable.

But it was. Four months had passed since he and Jaina reconciled. He still had a hard time accepting that three kids were able to trick him into falling into their trap, but he also realized that it was the best thing that they could have done to him. It forced him to face his fears, his fear of being hurt and the fear of finally having the one thing he wanted most in life?Jaina. He knew now that it was his fear that what kept him from forgiving her. Yes, he was afraid of her hurting him again, yes, he was angry at her, but deep down he was also afraid that she was finally willing to give him what he had always wanted. When he realized that, it had shocked him to the core and it made him wonder what would have happened if Jag had never made his hated reappearance in Jaina?s life.

Would Kyp and she been able to mature together? Would they have made it without the trials they suffered? He wondered about this and couldn?t find the answer. They both had grown up a little in the past eight months. And it was that maturity that had allowed them to see past the other?s faults, the tarnish, and accept the person beneath. Within the past four months he had fallen completely in love with her all over again.

He heard the door open behind him and turned. Seeing Stefen step in, Kyp smiled and looked the boy over. He had turned fifteen two months ago and had actually grown taller in the six months that he had been in Kyp?s life. His voice was really starting to change, deepen in what would probably be a deep timbre. It still amazed him that he had a teenage son, but Stef was overall a good boy and student. He had a lot of Kyp?s abilities in the Force. And Stefen had an innocence that Kyp himself never had; however, Stefen also possessed a certain street smarts that would serve him well and often did.

Stefen smiled and cleared his throat, ?Dad, I just wanted to talk to you.? Then he looked around the room nervously.

Kyp stepped forward and laid his hand on his shoulder, ?Son, you know you can tell me anything.?

Stef looked up into his father?s eyes and swallowed, ?Dad, I just wanted to tell you that I?m happy for you. I really wish you and Jaina all the best of luck.? Then he smiled and added, ?And I can?t wait to meet my little brother.?

Kyp embraced him around his shoulders and grinned, ?Well, I can?t wait to meet him either. Although I think little baby Durron will probably be a Sithspawned terror.?

Kyp couldn?t help the tinge of emotion that seemed to roll over Stefen. Although, Stefen had accepted Jaina would be his step-mother of sorts and was looking forward to the baby, Kyp knew he still was working it all out in his head. The boy?s life had been completely turned inside out in the past half year. It amazed Kyp that he didn?t cause more trouble than he did. Stefen was an excellent student but he didn?t always get along with everyone. Zekk had t
  13. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    yay they're married!!!!
  14. DarthJaded Jedi Grand Master

star 1

Yes, I liked very much. Great Job. =D=

D. Jaded O:) :-B
  15. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    awww, yay, Stef's in love! :)

But if it?s Horn?s daughter that you have feelings for, are you sure you want to change your name??

HAHAHAHAHA. I was thinking the same thing :D

and I like that they're wearing clothes they're comfortable with. That's the way to go ;)

I loved it
  16. Jedi-Roxy Jedi Master

star 3
    Yay!!!!! That was sweet! So good. I'm gonna be sad when this one is over :_| but I can't wait to see what happens...

More!!!!!!

TPJ
  17. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    ?Well, I can?t wait to meet him either. Although I think little baby Durron will probably be a Sithspawned terror.?

With Jaina and Kyp as his parents? Of course he will be! No doubt. :p

Finally, Stef looked up from his folded hands and met Kyp?s eyes. He had wanted to ask his father this for a while but didn?t want to slight his mother. When he had gone back to Tatooine two months ago for his lifeday, he?d asked if she would mind him doing what he was about to ask and to his surprise she thought it was actually a good idea. He swallowed and plunged, ?Dad, I would like to change my last name from Boaden to Durron.?

Oh! That is so sweet. :)

And that was such a beautiful wedding ceremony. ::wipes tear from eye:: Wonderful chapter, Flowerlady! My favourite chapter! :D
  18. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    very well done =D= I can't wait for more

19. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    Wedding?!?:eek: . . Awesum!:D

But it wasn?t the feud itself that worried Kyp, it was the object of the discontentment?Jysella Horn.

Hehe! :D Aww, I like Stef and Jys!

Kyp realized something profound, Kriff, their bonding!

LMAO!!! [face_laugh] :D Absolutely priceless!!! That line had me giggling!:)

?I love you, Goddess.?
    Jaina never realized how much she missed him calling her that.

Awwwww!!! [face_love] Me loved it!!! So perfect!

Talk about a mush-overload!!! :D Fantastic writing FL!;)

Can't wait for the last post!

Thanks for the PM![:D]
  20. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4

But it was. Four months had passed since he and Jaina reconciled. He still had a hard time accepting that three kids were able to trick him into falling into their trap, but he also realized that it was the best thing that they could have done to him. It forced him to face his fears, his fear of being hurt and the fear of finally having the one thing he wanted most in life?Jaina. He knew now that it was his fear that what kept him from forgiving her. Yes, he was afraid of her hurting him again, yes, he was angry at her, but deep down he was also afraid that she was finally willing to give him what he had always wanted. When he realized that, it had shocked him to the core and it made him wonder what would have happened if Jag had never made his hated reappearance in Jaina?s life.

Would Kyp and she been able to mature together? Would they have made it without the trials they suffered? He wondered about this and couldn?t find the answer. They both had grown up a little in the past eight months. And it was that maturity that had allowed them to see past the other?s faults, the tarnish, and accept the person beneath. Within the past four months he had fallen completely in love with her all over again.

Wonderful [:D]

But if it?s Horn?s daughter that you have feelings for, are you sure you want to change your name?? [face_laugh]

Absolutely loved the father/son moments ~ priceless:)

?I love you, Goddess.?
    ?Kyp, I love you more than I had ever loved anyone.?
    Kyp understood what she was actually saying and pulled her in for a second kiss.[face_love]

Great wedding day!=D=
  21. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Alishu06
    yay they're married!!!!
    :D [:D]

DarthJaded
    Yes, I liked very much. Great Job. =D=
    Thanks...[face_blush]

SWpants666
    awww, yay, Stef's in love! :)
    [face_love]
    But if it?s Horn?s daughter that you have feelings for, are you sure you want to change your name??

HAHAHAHAHA. I was thinking the same thing :D

and I like that they're wearing clothes they're comfortable with. That's the way to go ;)
    Well, they are Jedi and can you really see Jaina all dressed in white being 8 months pregnant...:p
    I loved it
    Thanks...[:D]

Jedi-Roxy
    Yay!!!!! That was sweet! So good. I'm gonna be sad when this one is over :_| but I can't wait to see what happens...
    Thanks...[face_blush]
    More!!!!!!
    Soon...[:D]

Idrelle_Miocovani
    ?Well, I can?t wait to meet him either. Although I think little baby Durron will probably be a Sithspawned terror.?

With Jaina and Kyp as his parents? Of course he will be! No doubt. :p
    That's was my thinking...;)

Finally, Stef looked up from his folded hands and met Kyp?s eyes. He had wanted to ask his father this for a while but didn?t want to slight his mother. When he had gone back to Tatooine two months ago for his lifeday, he?d asked if she would mind him doing what he was about to ask and to his surprise she thought it was actually a good idea. He swallowed and plunged, ?Dad, I would like to change my last name from Boaden to Durron.?

Oh! That is so sweet. :)
    And that was such a beautiful wedding ceremony. ::wipes tear from eye:: Wonderful chapter, Flowerlady! My favourite chapter! :D

JediFalcon
    very well done =D= I can't wait for more

SITH_MAYO
    Wedding?!?:eek: . . Awesum!:D
    But it wasn?t the feud itself that worried Kyp, it was the object of the discontentment?Jysella Horn.

Hehe! :D Aww, I like Stef and Jys!
    They are cute aren't they..[face_love]
    Kyp realized something profound, Kriff, their bonding!

LMAO!!! [face_laugh] :D Absolutely priceless!!! That line had me giggling!:)
    good...It had me giggling when I wrote it...[face_laugh]
    ?I love you, Goddess.?
    Jaina never realized how much she missed him calling her that.

Awwwww!!! [face_love] Me loved it!!! So perfect!
    Thanks....[face_blush]
    Talk about a mush-overload!!! :D Fantastic writing FL!;)
    I thought it was about time to put some mush into this story...besides for a K/J story this really didn't have much mush in it....;)
    Can't wait for the last post!
    Hopefully this week...
    Thanks for the PM![:D]
    [:D]

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Would Kyp and she been able to mature together? Would they have made it without the trials they suffered? He wondered about this
  22. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    omg that was so cute! I'm SO GLAD they worked things out. Although i knew they would ;)

Jys and Stef are by far the cutest things ever! It's so cute that he loves her. Papa Horn isnt gonna be happy about that

Great chapter FL!!
  23. AvaVisarra Jedi Knight

star 3
    i was so behind on this fan fiction.. stang DRL, i have a PM box full of fan fiction updates *sighs* BUT i have to say, BEAUTIFUL! oh i cried. the scene between han and jaina, father and daughter, him giving her away and telling her she'd always be his little girl. that really hit home for me especially right now in my life.
    overall, im so impressed with this story, you did a beautiful job. =D=

[face_peace]
  24. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks...No, Papa Horn isn't going to be happy but we won't find out just how much until I write the sequel to this... [:D]

Thanks so much for reading...[:D]

FL @};-
  25. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, here it is the last chapter...I hope that you all enjoy it...[:D]

~>X<~

Chapter 30

Coruscant Jedi Temple: 5 years later

?Push Jaina,? Tekli said as she stood at the bottom of the birthing bed.

?I am!? she groaned as she tried to bare down again though yet another agonizing contraction. As it receded she looked up at the man by her side and accused, ?Where the kriff is he??

The tall black haired Jedi Master smiled and said soothingly, ?Jaina, he will be here. I know he wouldn?t miss this for the world.?

?He better be. Ahh?!? She screamed as another contraction raked her body. ?Damn, she?s more stubborn than her brother was.? Jaina?s labor with her son five years earlier had been just under twelve hours and so far for the birth of her daughter ten hours had past.

The small healer and the man both laughed, but he said, ?And that surprises you. You and that husband of yours are too of the most hardheaded people I know.?

She gritted through the worst of it and then sent a glare at her lifelong friend.

Just then the door to the medial ward opened and Kyp Durron came rushing in, his cloak swishing around him. He took in the sight and grinned when he realized that he didn?t miss the actual birth, just Jaina?s cursing and her blaming him for all her problems.

He stood across from the other man, who had become like brother to Jaina and reluctantly to him too. Jaina looked up at him and scowled, ?It?s about kriffin? time, Durron.?

He leaned over his wife and placed a kiss on her chapped lips. Then he straightened and sniggered while looking back at Zekk, ?Has she been this pleasant the entire time??

Zekk, who was already moving away from Jaina, laughed and nodded, ?Yep, and I?m glad to leave her to you.? He came around the head of the bed and patted his onetime adversary on the shoulder after Kyp had sat down on the stool by the bed. ?I don?t envy you, Kyp. She has a mouth worse than a Tatooine spice runner.?

?Yeah, well you try to push something the size of?AHHHH!!!? she didn?t get to finish her snide comment before another pain constricted her body. Both men just rolled their eyes at each other.

Zekk looked over at the woman, who he at onetime loved more than life, and smiled, ?See you later, Jaya.? Then he patted his friend again on his shoulder.

Kyp looked up at him, smiled and nodded, ?Thanks, Zekk. I owe you one.?

He smiled back at him but Kyp?s attention was already diverted by Jaina and Tekli. He walked from the room not feeling anything but the purest joy for his friends. He still loved Jaina but it had become completely friendship and nothing more. He eventually found someone who made him complete and they had been married for a little over two years now. In fact, just six months ago his wife made him a father by giving birth to a son. As he gave the Solos a progress report after they came running into the waiting room, five year old Kris Durron leapt into his arms.

?Uncle Zekk! Uncle Zekk, did Mommy have the baby yet??

Zekk laughed and couldn?t help but wonder how he?d ever been able to pull off pretending to be the boy?s father. Zekk was certain that Kyp was determined not to just have sons but produce clones of himself. Kris was as much a clone of Kyp as Stefen was. He shook his head and tweaked the boy?s nose, ?No, she hasn?t. Your sister is proving to be as stubborn as you.?

?I?m not stubborn,? he stuck out his chin, an expression that was all Jaina.

Zekk put the boy down and ruffled his black curly hair, saying, ?Well, I?m sure a lot would argue that point.? But the boy was done with his adopted uncle, his brother just arrived. Zekk watched as Kris ran up to Stefen and the tall lanky Jedi bent down to meet the boy?s green eyes. Stefen had matured into a fine young man and Zekk was proud of him. Of course, the fact that he had been Zekk?s first real apprentice might have something to do with that.

Stefen tried to apprentice
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.