Second FanForce Meeting/EB

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by StompboXX, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    First of all, thanks very very much to all the nice people who braved the rains to attend the Council: Master Adrian (stompboxer), Ulan (ianroxas), Master Cholo (jedinov), Senator Patrick (hat_tr1ck), Eva (darth_evader), Rachel (rachel1013), and Rachel's Padawan niece, Denise. (LOL!).

Okay. Our webmaster, Master Adrian says that it would be better if we decide on a logo before we start putting up the site. So we've come to a consensus on certain deadlines:

August 3 - deadline for submission of proposed SWP logos
    Starting August 4 - week-long group poll to choose our logo
    August 10 - Next EB and announcement and awarding of Logo Contest
    winner

Next, some suggestions that were brought up for the website:
    * The Merchandising and Collecting section, will be a big part of
    the site, since we have recognized that most of the SW fans are collectors also.
    * We can have a section for Auctions of SW merchandise.
    * There will be regular columns by certain volunteers. :)
    * For the Collecting section: regular "How did I ever find this
    particular merchandise?" stories
    * A Fan Art section
    * We will put up links to other sites containing the latest SW
    news (e.g. the OS, TF.N, etc.)
    * Updates (news and the like) may be submitted by anyone, but they
    will be approved by the JC before they appear on the site.

Then, there's the proposed Fanforce activity that we brought up last Council. Cholo has a friend who's opening a toy store at Alabang Town Center, and they plan to host a Collectors' Convention. OUR plan is to make our presence felt by putting up a booth during the convention where we can let people know about our existence, and have people sign up as members. We'll have to think of a kind of gimmick so that people will take notice of the booth and visit us. If you guys have suggestions, please post them at the thread that I will be putting up at our Forum. :)

Finally, as another way to promote our group, we're also thinking of printing out little flyers containing the URLs of our Yahoogroup, the Forums, and our website, and distribute them to toy stores around Manila. We'll think up a strategy so that the stores will distribute the flyers, especially to those who buy SW merchandise. We'll also probably ask to put up posters about the group in their stores. :)

That's pretty much it. Watch out for further developments, and please, join the Logo Contest, or only 2 people will battle for the prize! LOL. Visit the different discussion threads too, and please, don't hesitate to voice out your ideas. :)

REMEMBER: temporary schedule for the next Council, as well as awarding of the winner of the Logo Contest, and final planning for the proposed Convention activity is on August 10, 2:30 PM. Venue to be announced later.

Good day, and May The Force Be With You all.

star 2
    Logo? On my way. So hat_tr1ck, this is a duel, eh? Nice to meet you and rachel at last! :)
  3. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    Is there a stress in the "you AND rachel" there? LOL.
  4. StompboXX Jedi Knight

star 2
    Selos ka? Hahaha.

(Hmm...it feels very liberating to speak Filipino here. We could actually cuss and no one would know! haha)
  5. rachel1013 Jedi Knight

Hi Adrian! :D

Nice meeting you too.. and such a welcoming meeting at that! :))

Rachel
  6. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    Stomp asked: "Selos ka? Hahaha."

Ah, DUH?

7. StompboXX Jedi Knight

star 2
    Naaaaah, forget it.

Rachel, it was nice we made you feel welcome. For a while there I was afraid that we were doing a lousy job at it. :)
  8. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    No wonder it feels like a ghost town back at the group. Everyone's here! LOL.
  9. StompboXX Jedi Knight

star 2
    So I noticed. Less email to worry about. LOL.
  10. rachel1013 Jedi Knight

I thought you guys wanted movement here.. now that people are posting.. you're surprised.. tsk tsk.. :p

"That is why you fail.." Yoda said with a shake of his head..

Rachel :D
  11. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    Actually, I'm not surprised. This, I have foreseen. With a forum AND a mailing list, one is bound to suffer neglect.
  12. StompboXX Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's okay...c'mon. This is actually good. At least we know that FANFORCE Philippines is alive and kicking!

This is good. Foreseen it, I have too.
  13. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm not saying I don't like it. I'm just saying I've foreseen it. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.