main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Second Interclubbal gaming tourney

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    We are having the graduating seniors brunch morning of the 31st. Could we have the second Interclubbal gaming tourney the same day, in the afternoon??

2. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    NOOOO!! I'm going to Marcon that day in Columbus and I SO need to school all of you silly Jedi wannabees in Epic Duels!!

Come to MarCon! :D

3. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I might have taken you up on the offer to go to MarCon (which I'm assuming is a comicon of sci-fi con of some sort??) but that's the day of the Seniors graduation brunch. Starts at 10, and by the time we finish eating and chatting it will most likely be well into the afternoon. Far to late to then drive out to columbus.

We'll have to find some other time for me to teach you the important lesson of "Never ---- with a Jedi Master, son" (Mark Hamill, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

4. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Yes, I did see that, I'm sad I'll miss the party for our seniors too. And if you guys have the tournament that day too, its cool, I'll just have to catch it the next time around. I'm always up for a good game of ED!

And yes, MarCon is pretty much an equivalent of Comicon. Kenny Baker is going to be there, but I don't remember who all else. The Ohio 501st squad is going to have about 20-25 troopers there, and there are a few of us heading from GC too, since they came here for Comicon.

5. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Just some FYI:

MARCON is Memorial Day Weekend. May 23rd - 25th. Not the weekend of May 31st.

MARCON Website

6. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    My bad. NK, remind me to slap Travis.

Either way, I'm going, lol.

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    So, does that mean that you two would be available on the 31st for the Interclubbal gaming tourney (and the graduating senior brunch [face_mischief] )

And a [face_blush] on the necessity to edit my quote. Thought that I had 'blanked out' enough letters. My apologies.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah ther's a new rule about cure words, ou have to block out all the letters.

9. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I just took a second look at my new work schedule, and the 31st shouldn't be a problem for me. So, unless something drasticly horrible happens between now and then, I'm down for it on that date.

Will probably get slapped around again at the tourney,
    Yours Truly

10. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm clear for it as well!

11. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm cool for the tourney date, senior breakfast and hey Tom and Joe can I tag along with you for Marcon? (for Joe and Tom) When, where and how much?

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If make it I can, then the smackdown I will lay, hmmm?

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    WATCHA GONNA DO when Fluke Groundrunner and the Flukeamaniacs run wild on you... BROTHER!

14. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Don't you mean the America-maniacs? ::SHUDDERS:: ;)

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    That's not me... BROTHER!

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    So looks like we have the date set for May 31st.

Now what time (afternoon/evening) and Where?

17. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    I can't do the 31st anyway. I forgot about a previous engagement, and I had mixed Marcon up with Wizard World Con in Philly that weekend.

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. I think that you just are trying to avoid a situation where a Jedi kicks your red robed butt :D

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Is the 31st set in stone? Brian are we good to go at your place for that day?

20. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Oh, puhlease 'Master' Renca! That day is not good as we're getting our tux's fitted for NK's wedding, and there is also a con in Philly that weekend. Thus, I'm not just making excuses, I'd love to be there to teach you silly jedi a thing or three!

Any time you want to bring it, you let me know, 'Master' Renca. Come up here to Hoth (J-town) sometime, and we'll school ya on ED. And now my new found but older game, the vidoetape enchanced Escape the Death Star! :D

21. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm dumb! The 31st is a wedding I am in, so I'm out if its for then.

22. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Assuming you guys still want it on the 31st (even though a few people have bagged out) I'm down to do it my place. Even if the date changes, I got no problems doing it at my pad. I'll let you know if something alters that.

Two more days at Da Eagle and counting,
    Yours Truly

23. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'll be there. Hey Brian are you getting a new job then? Where?

24. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Sal... Fortunately (both for my mental health and *hopefully* checkbook), I will be starting up a new job next week.

Sadly, it is not yet my dream job. Nor is it really the start of a viable career yet. However, it should beat the pants off of working 7 days a work for 50 hours. (Yick!)

So, starting Monday, I'll be working for JCPenny/Eckerd answering calls to fill people's prescriptions for drugs and stuff. Pay is way better than what I'm currently getting, and as long as I get sufficient hours, I'll be raking in more bucks than my current two jobs.

That's something, at least.

On the plus side, (or minus side, depending how you're looking at it), I'm still being jerked around by Highmark about getting an interview for a Data Analyst position scheduled. If I can score that bad boy, all my problems... *POOF* ... just go away. I'm still hoping against hope (even though hope is a four-letter word [har har 8-} ]) that I can get that thing pretty soon, even though it's been almost 3 months since I was first contacted about it. Frustrating... you bet!

But, anyway, that's where things are with me at the moment. It'll be good to maybe get a Friday or Saturday or even Sunday off every once in a while... Heck, at this point, I'd take *any* day!

Stepping up (slightly) in the world,
    Yours Truly

25. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Congrads on escaping the Eagle's nest ;) and thanks for letting us invade again

So, shall we say 4 PM at ben_ethus's place on May 31st??? We could order pizza again for dinner, if everyone wanted to . . .

Is that okay with everyone?

And as for the Red Robed One, the challenge has been give and shall be meet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.