Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, May 9, 2003.
I'm okay with it. Or even earlier. (I'd like more gaming time than the last.)
I hate to bring bad news, but there may be an issue with having the tourney at my place on the 31st. I took a second look at my new training schedule, and it looks like I may have to be present at work that day. However, the calendar thingy they gave me is a little weird, so I'll clarify when I go in on Monday.
If the 31st does in fact not work for me, do you mind maybe pushing it to the 1st? Also, though, if you guys feel like having it elsewhere on the 31st, that's cool with me. Don't feel like you have to wait for me to have it.
At any rate, I'll double-check on things with the Powers That Be on Monday, and let you guys know what's up.
I don't have a problem with the first. Could we maybe have it just a little earlier though if on the 1st? I personally don't like to be out late on Sunday's (Have to work on Monday's early) Plus the drive that some have. That's just my two cents.
sorry - we can't make the 1st ~~ Anth - you want to go to this?
If it ends up geting pushed back to the 1st the earlier the better on my end as well.
I know what is going on here. You are all just testing the waters to see if there is a certain date which I can not make
Ah, yes, now Fluke is on to our plan. Hmm we must be cautious....
Okay... I talked to the Powers That Be, and, sadly, as it turns out, I'm slated to work 9 - 5:30 on the 31st. But, of course, because I'm a moron, I forgot to inquire what the schedule for the 1st looks like (as that would be a different work week).
So, anyway, my mission *tomorrow* is to find out what my schedule for the 1st looks like. I'd totally understand if you guys decide to change venues and have it elsewhere on the 31st. I may even be able to show up late (after 5:30 when work ends) depending upon when you guys elect to hold it. (Assuming you decide to keep the date.)
So, that's where things stand at the moment. I'll update you folks on the situation tomorrow as soon as I find things out. In the meantime, if you guys elect to switch venues, just let me know what you plan on doing. (However, if it does get pushed to the 1st, I'll have it as early as you folks can be here.)
I apologize for all this gunky crap, but there's always the inevitable pitfalls associated with starting a new gig, I suppose. Here's to hoping I can attend and not make a complete fool of myself this go-round...
Rolls dice, moves guy, passes dice, dies,
Bah, blokes, bah I say!
As it turns out, the schedule for the 1st won't be available until freakin' Friday!!! (Which is completely asinine.)
It may be in your guys best interests to look into an alternate venue. I don't know. Let me know how you want to work things.
Being kicked around like a playground ball,
What about Friday evening, May 30th??
I could have it at my place as well. Granted I am moved in all the way come the 31st. My living room is pretty big, more tha enough room for 2 games at one time. As long as I get a refigerator this week I can host.
So we are doing it May 31st??? Who all CAN make it on the 31st??
I need to know right now who can make it the 31st? If I'm going to host it at my house I need to be prepared.
Just a thought, for those of us who may not make it maybe we can hold the third one at the picnic.
I will be there on the 31st (what time?) and I think that having the next one at the picnic is a good idea.
Yes, I agree. We had the "debut" of epic duels there last year.
I can't make the 31st, and it looks like I'll miss the picnic again this year too, so I'll miss out on round 3 too. Oh well, I can see how intimidated you all are of me!
As I noted earlier in the week, I got my schedule for next week today. As it turns out, I did, in fact get the 1st off.
Now, here's the question: Do you guys still intend to have it on the 31st, or do you want to push it back to the 1st? If you still want it on the 31st at Terry's joint, that's cool, and I'll just plan on hitting up the tourney at the picnic. If you want to push it to the morning of the 1st and have it at my place, that's cool, too.
So, there it is. Sorry to have to jumble all you guys up on this crap, but if my new work had been clearer at the get-go, this could have been all avoided. (Those pesky FIENDS!!!)
At any rate, I'll support any decision you guys make.
Hates the traffic to his new job,
P.S. Unless the tourney is held @6:00pm on the 31st, I won't be able to make it.
Sorry guys I can't do it. I'm not going ot have running water in the bathroom until atleast June 3rd.
Okay, since Terry can't have it at his place on the 31st, do you just want to have it at my place early on the 1st? Just let me know what you guys want to do.
Enjoying his 3 consecutive days off work,
Sounds good to me. I am requesting it to be earlier in the day though, because of my drive afterward. (We did run a little late last time) Thanks.
I propose a time of 2pm. Is that good for you Brian? everyone else attending?
2pm is okay for me, but we could even have it earlier if you guys want. Now that I've been working a somewhat reasonable schedule, I've been getting up fairly early on the weekends again so my body's biological schedule doesn't get all jacked up for the next work week.
But, anyway, I'll plan on 2pm unless I hear otherwise.
Hopefully doesn't get thrashed this time,
P.S. Also, if everyone who's planning on attending on the 1st could just post here to let me know. It'd be good to know how many people to expect. Thanks!