main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Second Interclubbal gaming tourney

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I'll be there but i have a problem... it seems as though my mom found it as a trash item and violently discarded via the stairs and um luke and vader ar now crushed beings of themselves and the wood on the bottom is cracked and beaten so....

2. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    oh no! :( Maybe Tony can fix it?

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Are you serious DD or was that just some strange attempt at prank humour . . . :( well, if you are serious it can be repaired.

4. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Let me see it and something will be done to restore it.

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    So is the tourny at ben_ethus' swingin pad on the 1st, or Darth Dahc's house on the 31st???????

6. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Fluke... it's going to be at my swingin' pad on the 1st. As of now it's slated for 2pm, unless you guys decide you want it earlier.

I'll be looking forward to getting my revenge on you fiendish cads!

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha,
    Yours Truly

7. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Nope, just kidding ya, i have kept in in perfect condition and also my name is the first one on it and no one can beat that!

8. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    you little BRAT!! hope this gives someone a REALLY good reason to stomp you this weekend ;)

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm going to need directions again, please. If you would PM them to me. Start off on Rodi Road/Frankstown light if you would. Thanks.

The trophey shall be mine! ;) :)

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ah, yes, Brian/Ben_Ethus. I will need directions again as well. Please call me. Check your PM's for my number.

11. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Fear not! Those who asked for directions shall receive them. Very shortly, actually.

Also, if you are planning on coming, and own a copy of the game... Bring it. I'd rather have too many copies than not enough.

Also also, if you are coming and you have access to a card table and maybe a few folding chairs, bring them. I've got my "dinner table" and four chairs and that's about all. I, personally, have no issues with playing a game or two while perched on the floor, but I don't know how crazy the rest of you would be about it.

Also also also, there will be the customary $5 Intra-Clubbal entrance fee (just like last time) so as to make a couple of bucks for SWAP.

Also also also also, if you'd like snacking food of some sort, I'd recommend bringing some. I'll probably provide some soda and chips, but I can't imagine it would go too far with as many people that are most likely going to be at my place.

Okay, I think that covers all the bases. If anyone has any questions, just post, email, call, make smoke signals, or shout while waving your hands frantically as you run around in the street.

See you guys Saturday!

Gave blood today,
    Yours Truly

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'll bring some munchies along and my set of Epic Duels.

:)

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Have fun everyone. I will not be able to make it.

14. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh yes, we had fun!

I won, mu ha ha ha ha!

No seriously though, we did have fun. We played a warm up game, then three rounds of the tourney. From this Chris (GC) and I were in the finals and I beat her playing my Obi-Wan against her Vader. Chad brought along another little trophy that we deemed the second place trophy. This one is too small for names, so if you get second place you have to put something small like a sticker on it with some kind of reference that it was you who won second, IE Chris one so she'll put Qui-Gon on it. If Chad would have placed second, he probably would put Maul and so on.

Brian/Ben_Ethus successfully won a game in the tourney and quadrupled his points. Lifetime points Chris is in the lead and I'm right behind her. I'll leave the actual points standing to Brian to post. Whilt the Final fo the tourney were going on, Brian and Chad played for Third place.

After the whole tourney we all played a game of risk.

GC and Chad attempted to gang up on Brian and I, being the better players of Risk we decided to join forces ourselves and Battles ensued with me crushing GC and Chad getting wiped from the face of the earth by Brian. After this we quit the game amicably and declared it a team victory for Brian and I. Things wrapped up around 8pm.

Thanks again to Brian for hosting the event. he gets a break the next time as the next tourney is scheduled for the BBQ in August on the 9th. BTW, we raised $20 for the club fund. Oh, and I can't have Taco Bell before going to a tourney at Brian's again. (You figure it out)......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.