main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Second JK2 Server is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cbielich, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Well you heard right. The second server is up and guess what. Its all dueling!!!!!! "Yeah Baby" The address is 24.234.63.7. For the next few days much tweaking will take place so be patient, but give me your input and we can make it phat. Both JonnyFlamehead and I are the admins for both servers. So you can ask either one of use for help and questions. We will be glad to assist.

And the password to get in is the same "tssrulzall"

C

2. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    =D bump =D

3. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
  4. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    had trouble getting to the server last night, is the ip add. correct? am i doing somthing wrong?
    when i add the address to "new" or "fav" ip, nothing happens. i play jk2 with my friend from utah all the time, and that process works fine............help..........must...........sa...ber.........

5. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Im am having trouble with the server. I had it running then all of a sudden it took a big dodo. Must....find.....out.... must.....saber....or.................

6. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Yeah Itried to log on to it last night and I got a ParsePacketEntities error just before it let me in. The same thing happened to JohnnyFlamehead.

7. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Yeah sorry guys, I'm working on a solution now. I did a search on some message boards and according to Raven Software and Lucas Arts that error only comes up when using the No Cd crack! Well I don't use the No Cd crack, hmmmm...so I'd like those of you who actually bought the game and DON'T use the no cd crack to try and log in the server and tell me if you still get that same error.

8. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    ok, I will try to log in later tonight and see if I can get in.

9. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    me to, but im not getting an error.
    i shall try

10. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Ok well I just did a fresh install on a computer in one of my labs with a new CD that was purchased and no crack was used...but still I get the same error, so Raven and LA must be mistaken about the error. BUT, check this out! I ran the jk2mp.exe off the CD and I was able to log into the server and play!!! what is up with that?!?!?! since it's running off the cd I can't change any settings and it's relitively slower but why won't the jk2mp.exe file thats installed on my hard drive work it came right off the CD? So C if you're reading this I think we should delete everything in the /jk2 folder and start over. This time copy the base folder from the CD instead of the ones I sent you. Or just put the CD in the drive and I can do it over SSH.

11. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Thanks JFH for the help. I am so busy at work I dont have time. Let me know when you get it done.

C

12. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Ok guys the server is up for real this time. I fixed the problem!! by the way it has NOTHING to do with the NO CD crack! thanks to Raven for your help! (sarcasm) now go log in and duel!
    the only problem now is it's loading the wrong maps for dueling. It's loading a map that is to big for dueling so I'll have to fix that, but that's a minor problem right now.

It's also very important that you download the maps that C put on the server because there are alot of exta maps. you can get them at his site at www.bielich.com/cesar/maps.zip

13. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    sweet! yeah, I love it how it just so happens that a patch makes a previously released version of the game not work. what a crock.

14. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Ok, I am having way to many problems hosting the server at its current location so I am going to move it to my home and hope that it does better there. The server will be up later tonight with a new address. I will post this when I get it running.

C

15. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Ok the new address for the dueling server is 24.120.80.150 and password is tssrulzall. It will be running by 9:00 tonight

C

16. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    got on last night, played someone, not sure who but it was sweet!!
    my friend and i will be on tonight around 9:30 if anyone is interested.

17. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    mad props to cbielich & flamehead, server was serving last night!!

18. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Which server did you go in? the Dueling server or the FFA server? because I can't seem to get into the dueling server. :/
    Even though it says it's running...

19. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I got on the dueling server last night also, but then my computer froze up. I think it is jsut my crap computer, but at least I got on and played for a few minutes.

20. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    got on both, but i was mostly on 24.120.80.150, whatever one that is.
    it did give me some errors, but for the most part, i played for a while.
    i had a duel with mon motha, she disappeared a lot, but it was fun.
    it disconnected me twice. i will try again tonight with my friend.
    peace~~

21. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    can you be more specific with the errors so I can get to work on them?

22. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    dont remember off hand, think it was somthing about loading the maps, but i will poke around tonight. k? k

23. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ok if it's about loading the maps you need to download the extra maps CBielich has. You can get them at www.bielich.com/cesar/maps.zip

just extract all those .pk3 files into your base folder wherever Jedi Knight is installed.

24. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    One of the map files is HUGE so I think an error is most likely since the game downloads at 4k a second which should only take 6 days to download. Thats why I zipped the maps so that you can download them alot quicker from the net !!!!!!!!!!

C

25. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    ok, here goes,
    the two main errors i get are:
    CL_parsepacket entities &
    maps/ffaepisode1.bsp

the latter one is easy enough, but the first one is a little tougher.
    anyway, thats all i got from last night.
    was on from 10:00 - 2:00. guess everyone was scared!!!
    see ya on the flip side
    peace~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.