Madison, WI Second Madison Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith Jedi Master

star 3
    OK, I haven't heard anything from anyone yet about this, but I would like to meet sometime this month with everyone.

It was mentioned that we could meet at the East Towne Mall food court, but suggestions are still open. ToxicNed and I can't be making all of the decisions around here...or can we? :)

Post here to let us know of any other suggestions or if what was mentioned is good enough.

I also suggest either the 17th or 24th. Anyone else?
  2. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I agree with Rick... Starting the 19th, my work hours change in preparation for the college year, plus I am going to be taking classes which will cut down on my free time. So he and I are rather booked for doing a lot of this and we need your help if we are to get this off the ground.

I think we should hit the East Towne food court for the next meeting. After the 19th though, Saturdays are bad for me since I work till 4:30pm, so that will affect when I can attend a meeting on the 24th. So maybe the 17th we could meet for our second meeting and get 2/3 of the way towards being official. Does anyone second the motion?
  3. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    And if no one responds... It turns into the Toxic Ned and Rick Sith Fan Club, and you are all mandatory members who must buy our favor with Star Wars goodies! :D :p
  4. Rick_Sith Jedi Master

star 3
    The meeting date and place has been decided.
    5:00pm, Saturday, August 24th at the East Towne Mall food court.
    We will meet at one of the vacant tables (whatever is available) in front of the music/video store there (can't remember the name of it).

We will be discussing future sites for future meetings, as well as deciding on what things we can do as a group (movies, gaming, etc.).

Be sure to get there as early as possible. If you come early (I will be there early most likely) look for a guy with a long pony-tail. :)
  5. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think its called FYI
    But the 24 is a bad day for me since I'll be working at Blues fest all day from 10am until 2am; same goes for Friday
  6. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry Rogue_Niner, your prescence will be missed.

But the meeting will be the 24th. No one else felt it necessary to offer any suggestions for meeting times and places other than Rick or myself. Hopefully when we look for a time, place and date for the third meeting, people will be more forthcoming with their preferences.
  7. yoda_boba Jedi Youngling

star 1
  8. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll help out for number three, when the time comes
  9. Rick_Sith Jedi Master

star 3
    Start suggesting ideas for our third meeting. That way we will have something to discuss during our second meeting (deciding where to meet next).

The sooner the better, since the meeting isn't too far off.
  10. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    *bump*

Just as a reminder to everyone, the second Fan Force meeting is tomorrow, Saturday, August 24th at 5pm at the food court in East Towne Mall. We're going to meet at one of the tables in front of the video store and look for Rick (with his long hair in a ponytail), or myself (no real description since I have no idea what I'm wearing tomorrow, and other features are rather ordinary :D).

Hope to see you guys there!
  11. Kell_Borean Jedi Youngling

Hello,

This is Rick_Sith's wife. Just so you know who I am.

I went to the first unofficial meeting with Rick and met ToxicNed. Everyone here should know why I didn't come to the first official meeting. If not, I'll let our little Megan tell you one day, maybe.

I just wanted to say that I was saddened that I couldn't meet anyone new at this meeting.

Sure, ToxicNed is a great guy and all, but I was hoping to see some new faces.

Anyways, we did talk about a lot of stuff. Not all of it was Star Wars, but it was fun stuff anyways. Too bad you people missed out.

I'm not sure I will be with Rick next time. I'll have to see how many plan to show up first. I hope I will be able to see new people if I go.

Thanks
    Kell
  12. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    So how was the turnout?
  13. Rick_Sith Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, if you count our little girl, you could say 4 people showed up.

Wasn't at all what we had hoped for, but I guess I had high hopes.

We're hoping that next time will be a better turn-out.
  14. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well I would have been there but I had soda duty at the Blues fest, so I was busy thrsty people Saturday.
    As for number three I'd say sameplace its easier for me to get to. And if all goes well I should have a job in the area there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.