Second meeting of the Charm City FanForce!

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Motterman, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    Parking: At one end of the harbor, there is Rusty Scupper. At the other end, there is Camden Yards. I usually park there because it is cheap ($3 or $5 per day depending on day and time). There are a ton of garages in between, but those two are the easiest to get to, Camden more so due to its being right off of 95/395/295
  2. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    I am waiting to see if anyone buys my suggestion of where to meet/where to park. I have only been down to the Inner Harbour on Thurday evenings and this is where I park. Any suggestions on where to meet/park would be most welcome. Motterman, sorry about your aunt, hope she is better. This is really putting a crimp in your social life
    man. Motterman will be solely missed as he is the great organizer and gets us together.
    Also, it may be too cold for t-shirts if we meet outside and there will be lots of folks who weren't at the first meeting, so their being able to find us is critical. Also a who is planning on being there, tally would help us not wait for someone who is not planning to show.

Thoughts/ideas? C'mon guys it is Saturday.
  3. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not going to be able to make this meeting. I've had to take a part-time job on weekends to pay some bills, which means working this weekend. Sorry, I'd hate to miss the whipped cream, but I need to do this.
  4. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Ouch, this is getting ugly. No Motterman and no MuttandSolo. And Mutt here I thought you made the big bucks.
  5. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, Isbeth, you and I make 2 for sures. As for the place to meet...there is a courtyard right outside of Planet Hollywood along the docks (to the right of Harbor place if you are looking at it from the Galleria). That has some potential as being central to pretty much everything food and parking-wise. If there are several people who have never been downtown, though, we may want to choose something easily identifiable and big. Maybe by the prow or the gangplank to the Constellation...
  6. ErrantVenture Jedi Knight

I'll be there, too. There is that open space between the Light and Pratt street pavilions. It's right where the Water Taxi lands. I think it gets used for outdoor performances and stuff. That's a possible meeting place right in the middle of the Inner Harbor.
  7. Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Me and Derth will be there too. So that makes five. Not too bad. ;)
  8. ErrantVenture Jedi Knight

I talked to my Dad about possible meeting places at the Inner Harbor. He pointed out that the Constellation is a recognizable landmark, and its dock would be a good place to meet. So that makes two votes the Constellation gangplank.
  9. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok I know where the Constellation is, I think. There are benches there, but it may be too cold to sit. I don't know where Planet Hollywood is. Is that where everyone want's to meet? 1:00 p.m. and then decide where to go eat. We'll leave a post it or information with someone from Constellation if someone shows up late as to where we went.
    Luke is Sapient coming? Haven't heard boo from him. Somebody PM him. How about DRK_HLT? Mogook and Big Broadcaster? Somebody PM them as well and get them to post here. I'll P.M. Chissdude and see if he wishes a ride. Anybody else think of anybody who might want to come that I am leaving out?
  10. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    Planet Hollywood, if that is where we go, is right at the head of the pier where Constellation is docked.

I'll PM Sapient and see what's up with him.
  11. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    I just heard from Sapient. He has to work Saturday, so he won't be able to make it.
  12. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Sorry everyone. I'm on a project that has us working every other Saturday and this Saturday is one of them.
  13. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think I'll be able to make it either.
  14. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Boy this is getting icky. So far it is just Luke, Errant, Eva, Derth and me. That's enough for officaldom, if everyone who says they will show, shows. I am not sure I know where the Constellation is because I have no idea where the Planet Hollywood is. Is it near the aquarium or planetarium?
  15. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Planet Hollywood is kinda close to the old warehouse(now the ESPN Zone)

I may be able to come but Im not sure, yet, sorry!
  16. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    Isbeth: The Constellation is the Civil War-era wooden sailing vessel right in the center of the Inner Harbor. It is not too far from the Aquarium, about 1/2 way down between Rusty Scupper and Camden. If you are following the harbor rather than hanging on Pratt, you can't miss it (though you can see the mast from Pratt). If you know where the Galleria is, you are just about across the street from it.
  17. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey there. Sorry for being AWOL for a while. I've been moving into a new house. I will still be there this weekend. Just want to confirm that it is still this Saturday and just need to know exactly where and when we are gonna meet. Is it going to be by the Constellation or at Planet Hollywood?
  18. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Where and when is the next meeting you're planning? So I can get it up on the FanForce/TFN main page's.
  19. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    DrkHlmt and Rox: The meeting is set for Saturday, 3/9/2002. We will meet at the Constellation at 1:00. We will decide from there where to eat and such. Should be a beautiful weekend (I hear mid to upper 60's)!
  20. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey wear your star wars t-shirts for recongnition if it is warm! I don't know where the Galleria is.
  21. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Isbeth,

If you can get to the Inner Harbor, just head to the water, the Constellation is the big wooden frigate with old iron cannons sticking out the side. You can't miss it, its the premiere landmark in the Inner Harbor.
  22. HeMan007 Jedi Padawan

Hey all, I'm new. Im a Terp and go to UMD. Thats right we have some good basketball team or something, but anyway, I work at the cheesecake factory and can get us all tables, no wait. That is ofcourse if I don't go down to the ACC tournament. If yall are interested, drop me a line here at school HeMac007@aol.com, thats my IM name to. Holla !

23. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I was at UMD last year and last semester. What residence hall do you stay in (if you live on campus)?
  24. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I might be able to make it...not likely, but its possible....
  25. DerthNader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If it means anything, and it probably doesn't, I shall endeavor to attend tomorrow's gathering...

I am FINALLY back from London, after being stuck overnight in Toronto, thanks to Canadian immigration making it impossible to connect with my flight back to B'more. And some flip ticket agents who say the airline is not responsible for making sure stranded passengers have a place to stay until the next day should be shot, but that's another matter. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.