main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Second to None (AU L/M, L/H & OC) 03/08/2012 Replies and artwork

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    ROFL, that's so funny![face_laugh] I love how you used that for Mark and Kira. They make me go SQUEEEEEEEE![face_love]

Setting up the Jedi Order again... fingers crossed all goes well.

And, yeah, that should be an interesting conversation with Kira, explaining about Mark. But fortunately she seems like the kind of person who would take it really well and not particuarly care about the circumstances, just Mark.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] Talking while sleeping runs in the family. My dad did it and my sister does it. When we used to share a room many years ago, she'd have entire conversations with her self in her sleep. Thankfully, it skipped me.

Awww! Great chapter. I am sad that this is almost over, but I am glad you have your diary to continue this in. If you can't figure out LJ, you could always PM the bonus chapter ;)

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was really great, on all fronts! :D [:D]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Apparently fics follows life in this case. :D [face_mischief]

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks everybody. This is the BONUS update. It is silly but you know how I love to torture a certain Former Old Republic Jedi, so I couldn't resist. I thought I would post it now since it chronologically occurs before the actual Epilogue that will become the last chapter. I should have that up within the week. I am still looking it over.

Thanks everybody for reading. For those who just showed up I had an update yesterday, so scroll back and check out what happened.

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Somewhere in deep space~~~

Once again Emperor Palpatine found himself no longer tethered by a human body and drifting through the Flow of the Force. He cursed the day he took Anakin Skywalker as his apprentice. He should have killed him when he was just a whiny youngling at the Temple. But he didn?t and now Vader?s Sith-spawn children had become the bane of his existence.

The Emperor reached out, searching for a Force strong body that he could inhabit. Eventually he felt a familiar presence?the Emperor?s Hand. He would rather take over the body of a male, but this would do. The redheaded woman slept soundly, completely unaware of the danger approaching. Until it was too late. The Emperor?s Force energy surged into the woman?s petite body. There was a struggle for control, but in the end Palpatine was the victor.

He rolled out of the bed and looked into a mirror over a dresser. He ran his hands down the woman?s curves admiring his new body?until he felt something odd. ?What?s this?? He looked over the cybernetic limbs and parts in shock. He knew Lumiya was injured during the Rebellion and had to have some cybernetic work done, but never realized it was this pronounced.

?Well at least her brain is functional.? Palpatine said as he rummaged through the thoughts of the former Emperor?s Hand.

?Oh, what the frack!? the Emperor cringed. ?What is it with the Emperor?s Hands and Skywalker? I can?t believe he kriffed both of my Hands!? He shuddered at the thought.

?What?s the huge attraction?? He searched through Lumiya?s mind for an answer. ?Okay, I do admit he is well toned?and? oh I see...? The Emperor shook his head in frustration. ?I used to hear Yoda tell younglings at the Jedi Temple, ?Size matters not??kriffin? liar.?

?This is not going to work! I can?t live with these disturbing images floating around in my head. ? He pulled his Force essence from the woman?s body and Lumiya dropped to the floor dazed and confused.

Palpatine surge out of her quarters and back to the Flow of the Force. He continued his search for a strong Force signature in the galaxy. He didn?t know how long he looked for a new body; time had no meaning to him. Eventually he found himself attracted to the planet Pzob. As he neared the world he realized the strong Force presence didn?t come from the planet but an asteroid orbiting nearby. Upon closer inspection he realized it was the Eye of Palpatine. A Force user was within his large battle-ready space station? He surged into the space station and quickly pounced upon the source of the strong Force presence.

It took the Emperor a moment to realize he wasn?t in a human body. He wasn?t in a body at all.

?What the kriff!?? He was in the computer system of the Eye. What attracted him to this place?

<Who?s there?> A voice popped into his head.

?It is Emperor Palpatine. Who the kriff are you!?

<Jedi Callista. I have been trapped in this computer system for decades.>

Palpatine groaned in frustration. He was weak and needed to rest before he could leave this realm and still maintain his Force integrity. ?I guess we?re stuck with each other for a while.?

~1 year later~

<Aren?t you strong enough to leave yet?>

?Do you think I would be here in this Force-forsaken computer for another second if I could leave??

<You don?t have to yell at me.>

?Ahhh?sorry, it?s just the boredom getting to me?and also I?m Sith and naturally evil.?

<Let?s play a game. I spy with my optical sensors?something green.>

?Is it a Gammore

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Callista and Palpy stuck together for eternity. Why is that so amusing to me?

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Poor Callista! I think she likes my AU better. ;)

8. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    He cursed the day he took Anakin Skywalker as his apprentice. He should have killed him when he was just a whiny youngling at the Temple. But he didn?t and now Vader?s Sith-spawn children had become the bane of his existence.

?Oh, what the frack!? the Emperor cringed. ?What is it with the Emperor?s Hands and Skywalker? I can?t believe he kriffed both of my Hands!? He shuddered at the thought.

?What?s the huge attraction?? He searched through Lumiya?s mind for an answer. ?Okay, I do admit he is well toned?and? oh I see...? The Emperor shook his head in frustration. ?I used to hear Yoda tell younglings at the Jedi Temple, ?Size matters not??kriffin? liar.?

ROFL![face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor, poor Callista! Now she deserves to get out of that computer!

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

You know my thoughts on Callista, but even I feel sorry for her here!!! And Palpatine cracks me up, wondering what's up with Luke and his Hands.... which.... yeah, I'm not even going for the obvious joke here. :p

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh Callista and Palpy. Great bonus chapter!

11. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]It was hilarious!

12. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Size matters not indeed =P~
    [face_laugh] So funny!

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I want to thank everybody who has been reading this story and a special thanks to RedGold who allowed me to adopt her story. I also want to say thanks the ginchy for the betaing. I really appreciate it!

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Epilogue: 24 ABY

Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker watched her eleven-year old son with mild amusement. He was obstinate just like his father?and also like his mother. He had been arguing with Luke for the last few minutes over the choice of his Master. Ben had started Jedi training when he was a toddler and now it was time for a Master to take him on as an apprentice.

?Dad, I don?t see why you or Mom can?t be my Jedi Master,? Ben complained. He was sulking in his father?s office at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant.

Luke looked at his son compassionately. ?Ben, your mother and I will always instruct you throughout your life, but you are better served by having another Jedi as your Master. Each Jedi has his or her own strengths and abilities.?

Mara smiled at her son. ?Ben, I already have Jaina as my apprentice and your father is very busy dealing with Academy administration and his huge teaching course load. You need somebody who can concentrate on your training exclusively.?

Ben sighed. ?If you won?t be my instructor who will? Is it Master Solusar??

Kam Solusar was a Jedi Luke discovered two decades ago with the help of the Jedi Holocron discovered on Byss. He was the Master to Kyp Durron, but Kyp had recently undergone his trials and had been promoted to the rank of Jedi Knight, leaving Kam without an apprentice.

?No, Master Solusar will instruct Anakin,? Mara told her son. ?And Corran Horn is Master to Jacen.?

Ben looked at them, confused. ?So if it?s not you, Dad, or Jedi Solusar, then who? There?s not any other Jedi ready to take on an apprentice.?

Luke smiled and pushed an intercom button on his desk. ?Send him in,? he said.

The office door slid open and Ben?s new master walked into the office, ducking his head so not to hit the top of the doorframe as he entered.

?Uncle Mark!? Ben beamed as he jumped out of his seat and ran up to hug his uncle.

Mark was dressed in the traditional robes of a Jedi, but Mara knew that was just for this special occasion. Mark was not a traditionalist like Luke when it came to the Jedi. When he was out in the field he usually wore tactical cargo pants, a long sleeve compression shirt, and to Luke?s dismay?a Beskar armor chest plate and codpiece.

Mara laughed inwardly. The armor was some of the first equipment Mark bought after agreeing to join Luke at his newly established Jedi Academy. For some unknown reason undeflected blasterbolts shot by the targeting remotes during lightsaber practice almost always hit Mark in the groin. After the second or third time it happened he asked Karrde if he could find him some armor to protect what Mark called ?his most valuable assets?.

Their first year of training was remarkable. Mara would train with Luke in the day and they would make love at night. By that time Mark was completely smitten by Kira, the chef he saved at the Citadel. He split his time almost equally between Jedi training and doting over his new girlfriend.

After a few years of training Mark had achieved the rank of Jedi Knight and now, twelve year after he was discovered on Wayland, it was time for him to become a Master.

Mara couldn?t help but notice the strong resemblance between Ben and Mark. Both had fiery red hair?albeit Mark?s was dyed, but Ben had his father?s brilliant blue eyes. During his most recent mission, Mark had let his beard grow out so it covered most of his face, but Mara could still distinguish the classic Skywalker?s facial features?especially when Mark grinned.

Mara and Luke had told Ben of Mark?s heritage years ago. She smiled as she remembered Ben?s confusion as to why Mark was so much bigger than his father. They hoped the knowledge that Mark was Luke?s clone would not be an issue with Ben and it apparently was not. Ben never treated Mark as anything but his favorite uncle.

?

14. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful ending, JL! The Vong gone, Luke and Mara and Mark and Kira all married with kiddies![face_dancing] Perfect, just perfect![:D]

She had to smile at the irony. Mark, the man born without a name, without parents and without a past decided he wanted to be part of a family?so he helped create one.

[face_love]

15. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Yay, happy endings all around!

Great job JL!

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Awww! Wonderful. I love their large brood of kids!

17. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh I love a happy ending! Well done, J_L! Well done! :)

18. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Aw. How sweet. Yay, kiddies!

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful ending to a fantastic story.

Yay, the Vong are gone [face_dancing]

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hooray for a happy ending!!! [:D] I'm glad they all became one big happy family.

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I love the ending!!! [:D] Lady, I love how you think things through and pick up on the things that need to be changed to give our characters the ending they deserve. Mark is too fun and I'm so glad that he and Kira found happiness together. And I love that L/M still can't keep their hands to themselves. [face_love] One big happy family--I love it!!

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Art by VagabondX
    [image=http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f203/jedijade88/MarkandKira.jpg]

Thanks everybody for reading. I will continue the story in The Journal of Mark Tantiss

I really appreciate everybody who read and reviewed. This officially was my longest fic. I beat out CHOICES by about 8000 words. Choices used to be my favorite fic I wrote, but I think I like this one better because there is a lot less angst and also Luke is never paired up with an OC before hooking up with Mara.

Despite what some readers believe...I really don't like writing angst. I want to give a special thanks to Redgold for letting me have her plot bunny and to ginchy my beta. [:D]

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very cute picture, JL! =D=