main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Second To None--Sacrifices : L/M, TK/J, J/J, OCs: COMPLETE: 3/10/2013 with Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Nov 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Mara's response is what I'd expect. I liked the whole family practically being there...despite the circumstances.

Yeah, usually Ben is the one that holds the title for that.

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a very sweet reunion. :) [face_love]

Who I'm feeling really sorry for now is Leia. Hope things will have a good solution.

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  3. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    What a wonderful way to wake up with the new chapter! Thank you!

It was so sweet. I think, losing the loved ones is the most terrible things, that can happen. At all. And I am so happy, that in this story Luke and Ben haven't lost their anchor and centre of the family.:)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderfulicious! :) Warm and bantering. Mark and Mara see to that. :D :*

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I never can remember which chapter I've read in PM or here! Sorry, gal!! But I love the surprise that Mara was there. [face_love] [face_love] But I feel for poor Leia. I can't imagine knowing these things about your child and not knowing what to do.

6. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Mark's ability to use the Force on Myrkr is a bit off-putting. I would think everyone would want more research on this.

My apologies if my comments seem...harsh; I truly did not meant them to be read that way. I'm merely pointing out that, at this point, no one trusts Jacen Solo and no one is GOING to trust Jacen for quite a while; not his uncles, not his parents, not his wife.

I, for one, don't know how you're going to pull this off but I would like the opportunity to read. If you wish me to cease-and-desist, then I will. Please accept my apologies for sounding overly critical.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, ginchy, EmeraldJediFire for talking to me the last week and helping me get this right. I know you don't like the solution much...but it is a solution. Please remember that when I wrote this fic during NaNo Jacen was Sith...really Sith. I changed him to make the J/TK 'shippers a little happier. And I want to say, this story does not end on Myrkr...a lot of other things will need to be fixed. I think Ginchy was a little shocked as to what the rest of the story involved.

Thanks Briannakin, Jade_eyes and Demendora for your kind comments and I know you might not like this solution SiouxFan, but Jacen will end up better off in the end of this story than he was at the beginning. Hopefully that is of some comfort.

-------------------------------------------------------

Myrkr

Han and Leia walked out of the chamber where Jacen was being held. Leia was sobbing quietly as Han had his arms wrapped around her shoulders. He pulled his wife gently into an embrace and kissed her on the top of her head. “Leia, things will be alright. Luke will know what to do.” He looked up to Luke who was outside in the hallway pacing anxiously.

“Did he talk to you?” Luke asked expectantly.

Leia took a deep shuddering breath. “No, he refused to say anything to me or his father.”

Luke sighed. “Well, it was worth a try.” He gestured down the hallway. “Everybody is waiting in the dayroom to discuss our options.”

The three walked down the corridor and into the lounge area. There they found everybody but Jacen and Jaden sitting restlessly on chairs and couches as they waited for the meeting to begin.

Mark fidgeted in his chair more than most of those in attendance. He didn’t want the responsibility of determining Jacen’s future. He was good friends with Han and Leia and he already felt guilty over the way he treated Jacen in the last week.

Luke stood in front of the group wearing his full Jedi robes and looking very much the part of Grand Master. He waited until Han and Leia were seated before he began. “I think most of you know the situation. It appears Lumiya tricked Jacen into dark side training. She somehow convinced him that a great threat was coming and he would need to learn the skills of the dark side to supplement his Jedi training in order to defeat this impending danger.” Luke looked over at Mark. “Unfortunately, we can’t question the Sith further on her motives. She foolishly decided to come to Myrkr to retrieve Jacen and was subsequently killed.”

Mark looked down embarrassed. He should have taken her captive, but at the time killing the woman seemed like the best, if not only, choice.

“During the few times Jacen’s was awake he was either violent or insolent.” Luke looked over to Leia and Han, hesitating slightly before he continued. “On top of attacking Mara on Kavan, he tried to shoot Mark with a blaster and he beat and choked out Jaden during an escape attempt.”

Leia sobbed as laid her head on Han’s chest as they sat together on the couch.

“Last night he ran into the Myrkr forest with total disregard for his safety,” Luke continued in a tremulous voice. “He was nearly eaten by Vornskrs. It appears he has lost the will to live, or at least he has a total disregard for danger.”

“What is the threat he was preparing for?” Mara queried.

Luke shook his head. “We don’t know. Lumiya told Mark before she died that even she didn’t know. Even if the threat is real, we have no idea where to start looking. We will investigate, but right now we have greater concerns,” Luke said firmly. “Our current problem is what do we do with Jacen.”

Han gazed at Luke with unsure eyes. “Don’t the Jedi have contingency plans for just this type of situation?”

Luke glanced over to Mara who frowned. Luke dropped his head not looking Han in the eye. “We have had a couple students go dark, but they always came back to the Jedi with their own free will. They were restricted to the Temple and monitored for the dark side in their actions and Force signature, but there is a problem when it comes to Jacen.”

“Which is?” Han asked uneasily.

“Jacen doesn’t want to return to the Jedi and he was taught by Lumiya Force stealth and possibly buried presence. Therefore we would never know if Jacen has truly renounced the dark side.” Luke ran a hand through his hair nervously. “That leaves us with less desirable options.”

“Which are?” Jaina spoke out as a sliver of apprehension crept into her voice.

“In a worst case scenario—where we are dealing with an out-of-control Sith—the most practical route is to put him in carbonite.”

Everybody saw Han visibly flinch at that suggestion. “…and that would only happen if we truly have a Sith on our hands,” Luke clarified.

“Which you can never be sure of because my son can hide his presence in the Force,” Han pointed out the flaw in Luke’s thinking.

“Yes,” Luke said quietly.

Leia buried her head in her hands and moaned. Han reached over and pulled her into his embrace and whispered reassurances into her ear.

“We could keep him confined in the Temple with ysalamiri, Luke continued, “Until the time where we are comfortable that he isn’t a threat to others.”

Han gave Luke an irritated glare. “Which could take months or years or it may never happen? Right?”

Frustration etched Luke’s face. “Yes Han, but it would be better than confinement in a prison for the crimes he has committed so far.” Luke pointed to Mara and Mark. “We talked about this and we don’t want to bring the law into this matter. We would like to settle this as a family.” Luke gazed at Mark. “Jaden is on board, isn’t he?”

Mark nodded. “Yes, he wants the best for Jacen.”

“So you are telling me that my son will be confined somewhere forever because the Jedi can never be sure that he’s Sith or not?”

“No, not forever,” Luke replied quickly. “I’m sure we’ll figure this out sooner than later, but even if he is not Sith, he’s been a danger to others. He needs counseling at the very least.”

Han shook his head in confusion. “Can’t you wave your hand and with your Jedi magic make him better?”

Luke frowned as he paced in front of the group tensely. “I’ve never heard of an unrepentant Sith being deprogrammed through the use of the light side of the Force.”

“Well then…,” Han’s voice rose a bit in frustration. “Can’t you make him forget he’s Sith…that he ever met Lumiya.” Han thought about it and shifted in his seat so he was facing Luke fully. “You’ve done it before with those two stormtroopers on Dathomir, remember? You made them forget they saw you.”

“Yes,” Luke nodded slowly. “What you are suggesting is a memory rub. It is not something the Jedi usually do. It can be done with the light side of the Force, but it is usually practiced by Sith.”

Han made a frustrated gesture with his hand. “Luke you’ve done it before. You know how to do it. If you make Jacen forget about Lumiya and her teachings, then he wouldn’t be Sith,” Han argued. “He wouldn’t be a danger to anybody and he can go back to being the Jedi he was before.”

Luke shook his head. “I can’t do it Han. It worked on those weak-minded Stormtroopers, but it won’t work on a trained Jedi. Jacen needs to be conscious for it to happen and he will block my efforts through the Force.”

“Then do it here,” Jaina spoke up.

Luke gave her an incredulous look. “If Jacen doesn’t have the Force, then neither do I.” Look pointed out the obvious.

Jaina motioned towards Mark. “But he does.”

“What?” Mark sat back in his chair shocked. “Whoa, no, no, no. I don’t want to be screwing around in his head.”

“If we did that,” Leia said in a quiet, hopeful voice. “Would that mean we can pretend none of this happened?”

Luke’s jaw tightened as he stared at the ceiling in thought. “I don’t know…it doesn’t really matter because I never trained Mark to do that technique. We’d have to leave the planet for me to teach him.”

“Mark,” Mara turned to her pseudo-brother, “You know how to do a memory rub, don’t you?”

He bristled not wanting to answer. “You know I do.” He looked over to Mara. “You watched the Emperor wipe away the memories of more than one of his enemies.”

Mara closed her eyes. “Yes, I have.”

“I won’t do it,” Mark said as he folded his arms across his chest and gave the others a defiant look. “If I make a mistake the results could be devastating.”

“You’re right.” Luke nodded. “And I wouldn’t ask you to do something like that anyway.”

“Wait, wait.” Han stood and walked over to Mark placing a hand on his shoulder. “Before you all disregard this possibility, can I first talk to Mark privately?”

Mark looked to Luke who nodded for him to go ahead.

“Fine,” Mark said as he stood and followed Han out of the dayroom and down the hall into an empty crewman’s quarters.

Han sat on the cot and gave Mark a long, sad look. “Mark, I want my son back.”

“I know Han, but…,”

Han raised a hand interrupting him. “Wait, hear me out.” He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Mark, when Leia and I first started dating she told me she never wanted children. She had recently discovered that Darth Vader was her father and the thought that a child of hers might turn out like him terrified her.” Han gave a weak smile. “It was a bit disappointing to hear; I really wanted kids. I was orphaned when I was very young. What I wanted more than anything is a family of my own.”

Mark nodded. “I know that feeling.”

“Although I wanted children I told Leia she was enough for me…and she was…but fate or the Force blessed us with twins anyway. They were a wonderful surprise. Leia put aside her fears and embraced her role as a mother and a couple years later we had another blessing with the birth of Anakin.” Han gave Mark a long stare. “Anakin…named after Anakin Skywalker…the man who became Darth Vader. She was the one who named him. It was a way of saying she no longer feared the legacy of Vader…and she wasn’t afraid…until now.”

Han paused as a weary expression crossed his face. “Since Leia found out about Jacen attacking Mara she’s been inconsolable. And that is something I have never seen. This is the woman who witnessed the destruction of Alderaan and with it, just about everybody she knew and loved, but she pulled herself together and led a rebel army to take down the Empire.” Han pointed in the direction of the dayroom. “She is one strong woman, but this is breaking her heart because she knows her family is falling apart and she is scared for Jacen and fearful at what he may become. She doesn’t want to be the woman who brought another Darth Vader into the galaxy.”

“Han, I understand how hard this is for you and Leia…but you don’t know what you are asking,” Mark whispered. “This is dangerous. I could inadvertently wipe away decades of memory. I’ve never done this before.”

“Mark, we have damn few options right about now.” Han said harshly. “What future does Jacen have with the Jedi or even his family if people don’t trust him? And from what I’m hearing nobody will ever know if he is lying or not. If we can get rid of those memories of his dark side training he’ll have a second chance.”

Mark nodded. “Yes…but the trouble is we don’t know when he started training with Lumiya, therefore I have no idea as to how much memory needs to be removed.”

Han ran a hand over his chin in thought. “Could he have met up with Lumiya during his journey for knowledge?” Han asked. “I do know he became very secretive a few months before he left.”

“That may be the case and if so, then we have to take out four or five years…that’s a huge chunk of memory,” Mark pointed out.

Han threw up his hands in frustration. “Mark, can you think of any other way that the Jedi would ever trust Jacen again?”

Mark looked down at his feet, not wanting to look Han in the eye. “Probably not,” he said reluctantly.

“I have grandchildren,” Han emphasized each word. “I can’t have Jacen around Anakin’s kids if there's the slightest chance that he's gone dark. Also, if he leaves here today and he really is Sith then I know how this story will end…with my son dead.”

Mark didn’t reply, but simply stared at the floor.

“And you know what's worse?”

“What?”

“Jedi are usually the ones who kill Sith. That means one of the Masters or Jedi will hunt him down like a Nek dog and kill him. It may be you, Luke, or one of my children. Can you imagine the heartbreak Leia would go through if Jaina is the one who has to kill her own brother?”

Mark looked Han in the eye. “Han, nobody in their right mind would send Jaina on a mission like that.”

Han rubbed the back of his neck. “Maybe so, but somebody would hunt him down and kill him. That’s what Jedi do with Sith. You and I both know that.” He gave Mark a pleading look. “Please Mark, at least consider this option. It’s the only way I can see a happy ending for my son.”

Mark brought his hands up and rubbed his temples as he leaned against the wall. “I’ll consider it, but I need to discuss this with Luke some more.”

Han stood and clasped Mark’s shoulder. “That’s all I ask.” Mark was a little surprised when the man pulled him into a quick brotherly hug. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me yet," Mark said ominously. "You might not like the results.”

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, it could be worse...prison sounds far worse to me..surrounded by ysalamiri

9. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    A disclaimer: Please feel free to skip to the next review. I only wish to make all of us think about what other alternatives might be, not as an attack on writing.

Lumiya tell Mark that 'Jacen's done nothing wrong', yet no one clearly believes that. They still believe that Jacen is a Sith, even though they have NO evidence of such and have convinced themselves of this fact. I think we all know what his 'memory loss' is going to entail. When Allana comes to light, does Jacen get a 'sorry mate, we over-reacted just like you did'?

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The readers know they are overreacting, but they don't know they are over reacting. They know he attacked Mara. They may believe he killed her by accident but he did attack her and he refuses to say why he was there with Lumiya. He has clammed up because he doesn't want Luke to know he started the plague. He is not doing this to save his butt, but to hopefully avoid an international incident involving the Hapans and the Jedi. No matter if it was a mistake or not...he is the cause of the deaths on Hapes. He is guilty of that. But Luke doesn't know why he is now not talking and acting all crazy. He says he is a fallen Jedi and that he is Sith. He shot at Mark. Mark has told Luke he sensed that Jacen was trying to protect his family...and that is why Mark isn't too bent out of shape now. He attacked Jaden. These are things a Sith might do. I am trying very hard to write things to convince the characters in the story that things are one way...so that the plot can move in a particular direction.

I can guarantee NOTHING I write about Jacen is going to be half as bad as what the profic writers did to him. Also, when Lumiya said to Mark that Jacen didn't do anything wrong...she prefaced it with a confession that she was the one who killed Mara. Which Mark would sense as a lie. So how does he know if anything in that sentence is true?

And really, what great memories does Jacen have of Allana. He sees her maybe a short amount of time every other month and he was gone on his journey for knowledge for most of her life. He has been back for only a year or so. So not much is going to be missed. And I have already thought of that sad fact and I plan on doing stuff to make it up to Jacen.

This story was one of my only stories that was planned out in advance because it was a NaNo. So I did outline it and try to think of all the various problems the characters would face. Most of the readers concerns I see in reviews are addressed later in the story.

Like I said before, not everybody will be happy. I definitely wasn't happy that Mara was killed in the profics, that Jacen turned Sith and Jaina had to kill him. I didn't like it at all. I am trying to write a fic where Jacen is tempted to the darkside, makes big mistakes, but with the help of his family he gets his life back.

11. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    You know how much real life can be a bummer? When you see that you missed multiple updates from this great fanfic. Good stuff from what I caught up on, and while I never read past NJO in profic I am aware that profic killed off Mara and Jacen. That did not make me a happy camper when I heard that happened in profic. Hopefully you can make it where Jacen gets his life back.

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Poor Leia. You portray her far better here than any profic author.

“It may be you, Luke, or one of my children. Can you imagine the heartbreak Leia would go through if Jaina is the one who has to kill her own brother?”

Ouch. Right in the back of the EU's knee. :p

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I so enjoyed that barb....I enjoy many obvious barb at the profics expense. :p

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm going to repeat my support to Leia and I have to say I love Han even more for this.

And a few decades later, he develops an immunity to them, makes a break for it and takes over the galaxy... muahaha!!!!

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Touche. [face_laugh]

16. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    This is...unexpected. But we'll see how this will turn out. They have not much of a choice, so maybe this is gonna work. Sometimes, I wish I could forget some episodes of my life.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! on the Mark/Han conversation. =D= =D= Best most compassionate solution I think. [face_thinking] [face_sigh]

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Jade_eyes, Demendora, EmeraldJediFire, smash128, ginchy, Briannakin, and Hazel for your kind words.

Today is Valentine's Day and I wanted to write some mush. Unfortunately the situation didn't really allow for mush...so I am going to force-feed mush into the plot anyway. So sue me. [face_not_talking]

I originally had bootknocking sex, but I toned it down...maybe you'll see that scene when they get back to Coruscant. ;)

Myrkr

Mark and Han returned to the dayroom where they found the Jedi discussing the situation. Luke looked up to them expectantly as they entered.

Mark gave him a resigned look. “If you decide the memory rub is needed, I’ll do it.”

Luke gave a nod of understanding. “All right, then.” He turned to the group. “Assuming that is the route we take, we have some decisions to make beforehand.” Luke pulled up an empty chair and sat down. “Let’s say we successfully erase his memories…what story are we going to tell him and anybody back at the temple who may have heard rumors?” Luke hesitated for a moment. “By the way, what do people know about this?”

“Cilghal knows Jacen is the one who attacked me,” Mara said to Luke. “She said she would hold that information in confidence until she hears from you.”

“How about Jak, Owen and Hanna?” Luke asked about his and Mara’s younger children.

“They are still at their college campuses,” Mara replied. “I contacted them before I left and simply said I was injured on a mission and I would tell them about it later.”

Luke nodded and turned to Leia and Han. “Does Anakin and Tahiri know yet?”

Leia shook her head. “I wanted to find out the facts before we told anybody anything.”

“How about you Talon?” Luke asked the younger man. “Did you and Jaden say anything?”

"Karrde told us the situation. We didn’t discuss it with anybody but ourselves. We didn’t even tell our mom.”

“I didn’t tell anybody,” Jaina said before her uncle could quiz her.

Luke sat with his hands clasped under his chin as he gazed at the floor in thought. “Officially people know that Lumiya was sighted in Chiss territory and the Jedi went to look for her. They know Mara came back to Coruscant injured. There were rumors about Mark and his yellow eyes and Jacen’s disappearance.” He looked up at the group. “Add in a memory rub and what false story can we concoct where all of that makes sense but doesn’t condemn Jacen?”

“I say blame everything on Lumiya. She’s dead and I doubt anybody will come forth to dispute any story we conjure up about her,” Mara suggested.

“I agree, say Jacen, Ben, Mara and I followed her to Kavan,” Mark spoke up. “There Mara was attacked by Lumiya. Ben brought his mother to the hospital while Jacen and I chased her off planet and forced her down on Myrkr where Jacen killed the Sith.”

Mara scoffed. “You want to make Jacen the hero of this story after all he has done?”

Mark frowned. “Yes, I do. If we are going to rip memories out of his brain I would like to replace them with a nice story. What tale would you prefer? I killed Lumiya as he cowered in a corner wetting his pants?”

Talon laughed which drew nasty glares from the group.

Mara rolled her eyes. “No, but making him the hero sounds a little extreme.”

“Well, I haven’t felt like the hero very much lately. I’d rather Jacen take the credit.”

Mara brought her hands up in a gesture of defeat. “Fine, you and Jacen fought her on Myrkr and she died. Jacen was injured in the battle and sustained a head injury and memory loss.”

“How do we explain Mark’s eyes,” Ben asked. “I know I probably told more than a few people about that.” He gave his uncle an apologetic look. “Sorry, it scared me.”

Mark waved him off. “No problem. Tell people that after I saw Mara severely injured I went a little darkside. Or whatever…I just rather people not know I have the ability to bring back the dead.”

“We can work out the details later,” Luke said. “Now we have to figure out how much memory needs to be removed.”

“Can’t we just wake him, tell him what we are going to do and ask him when he started training with Lumiya?” Ben asked.

Luke shook his head. “First of all he’s not talking, and if he did talk he would probably lie, especially if he wasn’t thrilled at our plan.” He thought for a moment. “And there is another problem…even people without the Force can resist a rub if they know it's coming. It's possible to forcefully overcome the resistance but not without some damage to the person’s psyche. If we tell him what is going to happen he will resist…also if the rub doesn’t work he would then know he could fool us by pretending he has no memories.”

“So, how will we do it?” Jaina asked.

“We take him out of sedation and once he is awake, but not fully aware of his surroundings we have Mark do the rub. This way he won’t know to resist. That brings us to how much memory to wipe.” He looked to the group. “When did anybody see a change in his personality?”

“Jacen leaving on his journey for Force knowledge was strange,” Leia said. “He never explained why he left suddenly.”

“He was also acting nervous and secretive right before he left,” Han added.

Jaina nodded. “After he came back he was always depressed when attending family functions.”

“When did he leave on his journey?” Luke asked.

Han looked at Leia. “It was almost five years ago, right?”

Leia nodded and Mark shuddered at the implication. In fact everybody in the group looked shaken as they realized five years would need to be torn out of Jacen’s mind.

Luke must have noticed the change of mood in the room. “Why don’t we talk about this tomorrow. I think we need to sleep on it.”

After the meeting broke up and the others left, Luke went over to his wife and offered her his hand in a gentlemanly gesture. She gave him a put out look but eventually took his extended hand in hers.

“I’m fine,” she reassured him as she stood. “No need to treat me like Vors-glass.”

He leaned in and kissed her softly on the cheek as he ran a hand gently over her silken reddish gold hair. “I almost lost my wife,” he whispered in her ear. “So don’t get mad if I want to hold you close and protectively.”

She gave a roll of the eyes, but then smiled. “I’m usually not the type of woman who needs protecting.”

“True, so I’ll do it to safeguard my heart.” He leaned back and looked deeply into her emerald-green eyes. “Mara I always knew I loved you, but when you almost died I realized the true depth of that love. It is endless, timeless and, in a way, frightening.” A lump congealed in his throat making further speech difficult. “I don’t know what I would have done if I lost you. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think of the possibility.”

She reached around his waist and pulled his hips to hers. “Luckily we got a second chance. Let’s not waste it.”

He wrapped her up in his arms resting his cheek on the side of her head. “There is an old Rogue saying, ‘Live each day like it’s your very last because one day you’ll be right.’”

“I like that saying.” She leaned back and smiled. “When this is all said and done, we should do more things as a family. I know the kids are adults now, but it would be nice to have some together time.”

“That sounds perfect.”

“Good.” Mara reached out and grabbed Luke’s hand as she walked toward the door. “But right now I would like to spend some quality time relaxing in my husband’s arms.”

Luke smiled as they walked down the hall hand-in-hand. “I like that idea also.” He went to enter the room he had been staying in, but Mara pulled him further down the hallway. He gave her a curious look. “Where are we going?”

She grinned playfully. “You’ll see.”

She pulled him into another room near the end of the hall. It looked just like the quarters Luke had been occupying, but someone had pushed two single beds together. He smiled. “Nice, but why here?”

She chuckled. “You really don’t know?”

Luke shook his head confused.

Mara put her hands on his shoulders and gently walked him backwards until the back of his legs hit the bed. “Sit down.”

“Okay,” he agreed as he took a seat on the mattress.

She then went across the room and sat in a chair. She crossed her legs and pulled out her holdout blaster from its holster and set it on her lap. One eyebrow went up as she gave him a smug smile. “Does this bring back any memories?”

Luke looked around finally realizing where they were. “This is the room Karrde’s crew put me in after they had stun-blasted and drugged me." He laughed. "Wow, that brings back thirty-year-old memories.”

"You are correct. " She grinned broadly. “This was the room where I first managed to get the famous Luke Skywalker into bed.”

Luke chuckled as he patted the mattress next to him. “Unfortunately, I was alone in bed. Let’s change that now.”

She laid her blaster on a nearby dresser and kicked off her boots and sat down next to him. Luke reached out and gently caressed the side of her face before he leaned in for a kiss. “I wish we were back here under better circumstances,” he said before pulling her down next to him in bed.

She gave a sad smile. “If we come here again, maybe I’ll get to do what I really wanted to do to you thirty years ago.”

Luke’s eyebrows went up. “What? Smother me with a pillow?”

She laughed as she nuzzled up to him. “How about I smother you with kisses.”

“Despite the situation, I don’t think anybody would begrudge me time with a wife I almost lost. So do to me what you will.” Luke reached up with his hand and turned out the lights. After a few passionate moments in the dark he gasped. “Force! Mara, did you really want to do this to me the last time we were on Myrkr?”

She giggled. “Not at first, but after I did my pat-down search of you the idea did cross my mind.”

19. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Mmmm that was nice. Go Mara and it doesn't feel forced at all

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I LOVED the Luke and Mara part. So mushy and sweet and now I'm just goo.

I thought the plan with Jacen was interesting. I hope it works out for the best. He'll forget he married Tenel Ka and that Allana was born, but maybe that;s the best thing. He could find love again without feeling guilty and that *bad word* Tenel can do what she loves, being queen.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think you hit the perfect tone with the L/M scene. :)

As for the 1st time, I agree with Briann. It is probably better if Jacen forgets Alana is his daughter, since TK is not willing to let him be a father in the first place. If she changes her mind, then she can always reveal Alana's parantage to him later.

22. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    I think, it would be better for Jacen this way. Probably, his his whole marriage thing just isn't meant to be.

Oh, it scene with Luke and Mara! Jedi_Lover. It's second time you gor me curious about such things. I am still wondering what the hell is "Coruscanti swirl":p [face_thinking]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, five years of memory is quite the chunk [face_thinking] And squee for the L/M. Just the perfect blend of teasing and warmth & [face_laugh] I loved what Mara confessed about what she wanted to do 30+ years ago [face_dancing] and I melted at Luke's declaration of how deep his love really is. [face_love] [:D]

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    The situation with Jacen is messy. I mean, what do you do with a self-professed Sith? It's like the devil. You can't call him up and expect him to behave. There are few options. The memory rub is scary. It's no wonder they're all shaken.

As for the L/M, well, [face_love] It was a nice break to the intensity of the story. I love Mara taking him back to where it all began. And the idea that they have a second chance. I'm guessing even after the memory rub that Jacen won't be getting any Life Day cards from his Aunt Mara. LOL

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't know. It may be a little like the movie "Regarding Henry" where the guy is a total jerk and his marriage is failing because he is doing horrible things. Then he gets shot in the head and loses his memory. He stops being a moron and he repairs his relationship with his wife and child. I think if you were wronged and the person who wronged you no longer remembers the event and he is acting his previously happy-go-lucky self...you would have a hard time keeping the grudge...especially if you don't want to explain to the confused man why you are avoiding him. Jacen admitted to using a dart on Mara and he confessed that he thought it was a tranquilzer dart. So he accidently tried to kill her. I think she can forgive him if she believes it was a accident and Lumiya tricked Jacen.