main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Secret"(A Jedi apprentice fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wycil, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    ALL RIGHT!!!!!! Yippee!!!
    Wycil's back everybody!

2. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    Nice to have you back, Wycil. You've been missed.

3. Wycil

Wycil Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 1999
    (I´m having a huge problem in posting in the Spiritplane so my last resort is to start posting it among this story in between. So for now if you wan´t to read this story too check out the Secret, it will be there. -Wycil)

A dark void sang in his mind, humming in the dark corners around him, it bent with the splitting thread of light crossing through it´s lightning beam, breaking it apart as a shattered vase. Voices spoke to him, the darkness laughed at him at first as if it were the darkside but he felt it as something more present, more familiar.
    A voice he had heard before, crying an empty laugh at him, swearing, glistering around as a circle of black water.
    Qui-Gon moaned loudly in his dark filled cage, gasping for every heartbeat. As if he were blind. In the darkness he screamed a shrieking voice, crossing the prison around him, he felt it know, he knew it. The force was gone, it had left his body, the reaches of his hidden soul. In his state he could only lie on the damp floor trying to grab a part of it´s flow. Nothing was there. Only a cold laugh, bending his mind. He was all alone in the darkeness, the light gone, Obi-Wan missing. Alone.

Hours had passed since the break of dawn, hours of endless seeming forest aroud him. Hundreds of lurking eye´s in the hidden bushes, voices pulling him forwards giving him strength, but for what. Obi-Wan knew nothing about this strange planet around him, now he had been left alone after a long battle against the dark Jedi he had faced. A battle with a bitter end. He had lost, he reminded himself continuossly, blaiming himself trying to think abour different way´s of saving his teacher, his friend now somewhere lost in the avoid of the majestic size planet, for one man. All night he had tried to search for Qui-Gon by the help of the force, trying to grab on to Qui-Gon, on his presence. He had felt nothing.
    He could not let himself admit the possibility that his master was dead, slaughtered by the dark jedi. It was not a possibility, he simply could not face it. A simple word, dead. Too much pain laid in it´s midst. The sun glimmered sunshine on his face, shining from his brown hair into the woods. The darkness covered by the bushes vanished with the ray´s of light, the sun now hanging completely above the planet. The sky was full of color, glowing a wild orange as a bursting flame yellow clouds covered it peacefully, harmony living to bring birth to yet another day. Obi-Wan staggered past the trenches brushing with the tip of is hand a sweat covered forehead. A sad tone had vanished from his empty voice, leaving a cold balance in him. His eye´s now ice by determination, seezing to fail. The young padawan had built his emotions as a backwall in the depths of his mind. Nature gathered around him.
    After an another hour the woods growed rare, starting to close in to itsself. Obi-Wan looked at his surroundings trying to make sense of the situation, the woods stopped at that very location. The terrain had stopped growing, the grassy ground stopped growing there. Sand filled the landscape, dunes of sand waved in the horizon, sand flied through the air.

But how...?, Obi-Wan asked himself.
    This isn´t possible, nature can´t just...stop and change into a desert scenery.

He stood for a moment, his robe flowing by the wind a long shadow forming behind him in a womans form. A dark blade crossed from her arm, in total silence. She lifted her hand and struck violently towards Obi-Wan. He felt a cold spike hit his back, an icy darkness cross his blood, he plundered on the sand ,blood covering his lips gackling. Turning himself around eye´s wide by amazment he saw a great shadow cross the with the light. A womans form he noticed yearning for breath. She lifted the dark blade for another hit swinging it towards Obi-Wan. Barely he twisted himself out of it´s way painfully yelling as the cold in his back seemed to hold. He unstrapped his lightsabre lighting the blue blade thundering. The metal in his hand glimmered by the light. Suddently he had an idea, quickly concentrating by the force sendin

4. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    (The Secret):

The room itself was a adder disaster for the likes of Obi-Wan. Broken, mostly teared up furniture laid crumbling on the floor, the walls had been painted in the color of blood the gloomy red almost glowing as he gazed at it confused. Surprising even himself Obi-Wan had to shut the disformed room out of his mind for a moment gathering strength to bare the room for a longer period of time. He relaxed as he started to feel himself calm, the force now flowing through him comforting. As he stepped through the small hallway built into the room it seemed as if the gushing red paint had flowed on him as a murdering tidalwave.
    Thank goodness you have the force with you Kenobi, otherwise this disstorted apartment would be too much to bare. I just hope this breaking and entering will be worth my while...
    The vast couch in the left corner of the first room was torn into pieces and as he looked closer he could have sweared that he´d seen biting marks on the surfice.
    Fantastic, a homicidal Sullustan aboard.
    Also to match the red walls a large painting had been set on the wall behind him opposite to the destoyed couch. A crumbling yellow sun, as if it were exploding hanged as it seemed, the wrong way the star set to face the floor.
    A supernova? This doesn´t seem good to me. Maybe I should just leave and try to find Master Qui-Gon.
    But Obi-Wan decided better not to change his original plan: searching.
    A destroyed couch, red paint covering the walls and a star exploding above earth....should I find somekind of an answer in this, a puzzle I´m not seeing? But would, could the Sullustan be so foolish as to hide the metalball in his own appartment? Could he?
    Obi-Wan headed towards the next room walking past the supernova but stopping before it a questoning look on his face.
    No he wouldn´t would he? Either he´s very philosophical or he has bad taste so...
    Obi-Wan stepped towards the painting placing his fingers on the sides lifting it briskly from it´s place. As he placed it on the ground and turned to see if his guess was right he was utterly amazed. A hidden copartment was carved into the wall. He opened it carefully daring not to believe in his discovery. If it truly was the mysterious object. As he placed his hand in the carving he was only dissapointed. Nothing hid in it´s midst.
    Damn.
    Covering it quickly with the painting again Obi-Wan walked into the other room what seemed to the Sullustans bedroom. In the middle of the room laid a large tank of crystal blue water and close by it a small wooden table, half of it covered by a red pillow.
    Another clue? But why the tank and the bed? Does he sleep in both? A tank and a bed nothing else. Red paint on the wall again. I don´t understand...I just don´t. I must be wasting my time...
    He thought until seeing a small piece of paper lying hiding under the red pillow. He walked towards it picking the pice of paper up.
    Saying: Remember that there is a Master and a padawan aboard, kill them with the C12 H20. Do not let them find the Paintshop, inform the Dark One 05.00.
    A worried look formed on Obi-Wan´s face as he placed the paper back under the pillow walking away.
    The Dark One? The Paintshop and the C12 H20? What does that mean? The Dark One...back at Coruscant there is the woman called umong the Jedi the Dark Woman...but it can´t be her. Though her teachings are a bit disturbing, especially to the Council, no it can´t be her. But I have to find Qui-Gonn...soon.
    Quickly he left the appartment, not even looking back heading through the corridor calling Qui-Gonn telepathically.

-Master...Master Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan called in a humming voice.
    Qui-Gon himself now in the other side of the ship, near to the bridge heard his padawans voice being relieved by all of his worries for his young student.
    -Obi-Wan. Good padawan your talent is growing by time. What have you found?
    -Master I was in the sullustans quarters...a quite disturbing place.
    -How?
    -Well it was like a mutilated grave. But Master I found something very disturbing from the his quarters. A piece of paper where he wrote down to r

5. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    (The Spiritplane):

The door opened into the enclosed chamber he lied in in a battered state. Qui-Gon coughed out loud that created a loud echo cross through his mind, the headache getting worse by the minute. He gazed toward the door as a burst of light blinded his seight making him blink violently at first before his eye´s could adjust with the change of lighting.

I´m so tired...the force is gone...I can´t think...the force is gone.

?It´s been a long time since we last met Qui-Gon. Too long for good friends to be apart, eh? So Qui-Gon if I my detucting skill´s haven´t failed after all these years I´d almost be saying that you are indeed a Jedi Master. Though you always were a wild seed among us. I´d say a perfect example of forbidding the Jedi code. Why you would probably be on the council if it weren´t for your...personality.?, the voice said in a humorous tone until continuing: ?Your probably thinking about why you can´t feel the or touch the force..am I right Qui-Gon?.?, he finished.
    ?What have you done to my padawan...tell me.?, Qui-Gon answered lifting his hand to block the sunlight from his aching eye´s as he thought about the missing link of the force in him, the answer right before him waiting.
    ?Always remembering the one´s you love first. So predictable Qui-Gon...so predictable. Your padawan, yes. Nwaan told me about the boy. He had quit a struggle with him Nwaan did. Told me that the boy was trained well, controled himself very well for a learner. And that he was indeed strong in the force, used it well like a Jedi would. I can feel this Obi-Wan of your´s far from here. Good choise for a padawan Qui-Gon...very good. He´s alive, for now anyway until Nwaan finds him and finishes their unsolved battle issues. What a treat it would be for us my friend, to let our eye´s feast in such mortal combat. Padawan versus a fully trained Jedi Knight or should I say Renegade Dark Jedi. But no time to waste in such my dear friend we have so much catching up to do. so Qui-Gon tell me how have you been?.?

(sorry it´s late so this is a short post but more to come on both stories.)

6. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    (The Spiritplane):

The door opened into the enclosed chamber he lied in in a battered state. Qui-Gon coughed out loud that created a loud echo cross through his mind, the headache getting worse by the minute. He gazed toward the door as a burst of light blinded his seight making him blink violently at first before his eye´s could adjust with the change of lighting.

?It´s been a long time since we last met Qui-Gon. Too long for good friends to be apart, eh? So Qui-Gon if I my detucting skill´s haven´t failed after all these years I´d almost be saying that you are indeed a Jedi Master. Though you always were a wild seed among us. I´d say a perfect example of forbidding the Jedi code. Why you would probably be on the council if it weren´t for your...personality.?, the voice said in a humorous tone until continuing: ?Your probably thinking about why you can´t feel the or touch the force..am I right Qui-Gon?.?, he finished.
    ?What have you done to my padawan...tell me.?, Qui-Gon answered lifting his hand to block the sunlight from his aching eye´s as he thought about the missing link of the force in him, the answer right before him waiting.
    ?Always remembering the one´s you love first. So predictable Qui-Gon...so predictable. Your padawan, yes. Nwaan told me about the boy. He had quit a struggle with him Nwaan did. Told me that the boy was trained well, controled himself very well for a learner. And that he was indeed strong in the force, used it well like a Jedi would. I can feel this Obi-Wan of your´s far from here. Good choise for a padawan Qui-Gon...very good. He´s alive, for now anyway until Nwaan finds him and finishes their unsolved battle issues. What a treat it would be for us my friend, to let our eye´s feast in such mortal combat. Padawan versus a fully trained Jedi Knight or should I say Renegade Dark Jedi. But no time to waste in such my dear friend we have so much catching up to do. so Qui-Gon tell me how have you been?.?

(sorry it´s late so this is a short post but more to come on both stories.)

7. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    (The Spiritplane):

(sorry for the short bit but more to come)

8. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    Hmph...I put 3 of the same chapters behind each other...sorry by my behalf anyway I´ll be postin more story for Tuesday, a long bit of the Secret and The Spiritplane...I just hope I can that other topic The Spir. working so anyone won´t get too confused...well computers can be pretty devilish..?

9. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    The Secret:

People were running through the corridor pointing their weapons forwards in complete haste. Many were seemingly trying to organize the uprising chaos that filled the air by pulling on their rank, charging their needs, giving orders in a simple manner or in other more productive way´s. As by pointing their gunbarrell in a threatening way.
    ?Now ye listen ta me. Ah haven´t caam hyer to get killed bah sym damn Jedi Knaaghts. Sa yer bettah gyt ya self together and start really looking fa them!?, one ordered in a strong accent that under any other situation would have brought a huge wave of laughter among the listeners around him. This was not one of those moments which pleased the man very much, though he too was nervouse. Listening to his gun more then his rational like orders.
    Soranis walked at that same momet past the searching party a cold expression carved on his face this time. He circeled them with Justice walking befor the man who had just a bare moment ago pulled his weapon out as a symbol of authority. ?At first I´d, we would like to know what´s going on in this ship? Why the...panic??, Soranis asked coldly. Justice pushed past him rubbing his fingers together looking at the man almost mocking him with his laughing expression: ?I think he means :what in the name of a Hutt´s smelly *** is going on here??, Justice enquired with out saving his words.
    ?Well um...there happens ta beah twy Jedi Knaaghts aboard the ship, symewhere hiding. A Jedi Ma´aster ynd a padawan learner.?, he said in a disgusted tone. Soranis´s eye´s widened as he heard the word Jedi Knight.

Jedi Knights? I can´t believe this...more magic aboard. Force user´s just like me. Could this be it´s way to tell me something, bring a message?, Soranis thought feeling his heartbeat rise with his thoughts.

Justice gave him a worried glance knowing exactly what the word Jedi would cause in his friend, knowing other crazed force user´s would pull him towards themselves as magnets.

Great. Just what we need. Two members of that crazy cult, Jedi.

The cold mask on Soranis´s face melted away as he felt a warmth grow in him. He knew that the word Jedi could not be the only reason for his reactions, there just had to be something more. The force, his magic was music to the likes of him. He could grab onto it´s beat, swim in it as fish in the sea. Like birds in a sky he could spread his vast wings in it´s flow, hearing it call knowing he had the power to answer. He licked his dry lips reassuringly gathering himself to keep up in the moment going on.
    ?Where is Captain Majera´ls now??, Soranis asked quickly.
    ?Yeah where is fish face??, Justice said as an ice breaker.
    ?The Captain...is in search of the two Jedi. And if ah cyld give the twy of ye a good piece of advice, yer better get a pair of Gasmask´s as tha Captain is abuut to let some C12 H20 in the air.?, he said, then gathering the men around him with a few short hand movement then dissapearing down into the corridors mist.
    ?What is C12 H20 by the way??, Justice asked Soranis taking his weapon out of it´s holster loading it.
    ?Deadly...very deadly.?, Soranis answered heading he himself too down the corridor the Jedi in his mind.

Close by the bridge all the noises and voices crossing by the ships corridors stopped. A dead hum crossed in the air, silence hiding as a floating piece of scrapmetal in space. Obi-Wan scanned the area around him finding once again no other liveforms near by. His robe left a soft noise on the floor as he walked briskly onwards. Gazing at his surroundings lost in his thoughts he soon found himself in the other side of the bridge, in the opposite site where Qui-Gon was. Opening the door he stepped into the main bridge unocovering it now completely.

Impressive.

It´s size was at first more majestic than he could have imagined for the size of a ship like the Crestfallen. A large viewing screen was monitored quite high, a little upon the ?main viewing window?, the captains chair placed a good fifteen feet from it on a higher ledge. As he continued crossing through the bri

10. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    The Secret:

People were running through the corridor pointing their weapons forwards in complete haste. Many were seemingly trying to organize the uprising chaos that filled the air by pulling on their rank, charging their needs, giving orders in a simple manner or in other more productive way´s. As by pointing their gunbarrell in a threatening way.
    ?Now ye listen ta me. Ah haven´t caam hyer to get killed bah sym damn Jedi Knaaghts. Sa yer bettah gyt ya self together and start really looking fa them!?, one ordered in a strong accent that under any other situation would have brought a huge wave of laughter among the listeners around him. This was not one of those moments which pleased the man very much, though he too was nervouse. Listening to his gun more then his rational like orders.
    Soranis walked at that same momet past the searching party a cold expression carved on his face this time. He circeled them with Justice walking befor the man who had just a bare moment ago pulled his weapon out as a symbol of authority. ?At first I´d, we would like to know what´s going on in this ship? Why the...panic??, Soranis asked coldly. Justice pushed past him rubbing his fingers together looking at the man almost mocking him with his laughing expression: ?I think he means :what in the name of a Hutt´s smelly *** is going on here??, Justice enquired with out saving his words.
    ?Well um...there happens ta beah twy Jedi Knaaghts aboard the ship, symewhere hiding. A Jedi Ma´aster ynd a padawan learner.?, he said in a disgusted tone. Soranis´s eye´s widened as he heard the word Jedi Knight.

Jedi Knights? I can´t believe this...more magic aboard. Force user´s just like me. Could this be it´s way to tell me something, bring a message?, Soranis thought feeling his heartbeat rise with his thoughts.

Justice gave him a worried glance knowing exactly what the word Jedi would cause in his friend, knowing other crazed force user´s would pull him towards themselves as magnets.

Great. Just what we need. Two members of that crazy cult, Jedi.

The cold mask on Soranis´s face melted away as he felt a warmth grow in him. He knew that the word Jedi could not be the only reason for his reactions, there just had to be something more. The force, his magic was music to the likes of him. He could grab onto it´s beat, swim in it as fish in the sea. Like birds in a sky he could spread his vast wings in it´s flow, hearing it call knowing he had the power to answer. He licked his dry lips reassuringly gathering himself to keep up in the moment going on.
    ?Where is Captain Majera´ls now??, Soranis asked quickly.
    ?Yeah where is fish face??, Justice said as an ice breaker.
    ?The Captain...is in search of the two Jedi. And if ah cyld give the twy of ye a good piece of advice, yer better get a pair of Gasmask´s as tha Captain is abuut to let some C12 H20 in the air.?, he said, then gathering the men around him with a few short hand movement then dissapearing down into the corridors mist.
    ?What is C12 H20 by the way??, Justice asked Soranis taking his weapon out of it´s holster loading it.
    ?Deadly...very deadly.?, Soranis answered heading he himself too down the corridor the Jedi in his mind.

Close by the bridge all the noises and voices crossing by the ships corridors stopped. A dead hum crossed in the air, silence hiding as a floating piece of scrapmetal in space. Obi-Wan scanned the area around him finding once again no other liveforms near by. His robe left a soft noise on the floor as he walked briskly onwards. Gazing at his surroundings lost in his thoughts he soon found himself in the other side of the bridge, in the opposite site where Qui-Gon was. Opening the door he stepped into the main bridge unocovering it now completely.

Impressive.

It´s size was at first more majestic than he could have imagined for the size of a ship like the Crestfallen. A large viewing screen was monitored quite high, a little upon the ?main viewing window?, the captains chair placed a good fifteen feet from it on a higher ledge. As he continued crossing through the bri

11. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    Somehow I just seem to have the talent to post too much of the same thread..fantastic.hmm

12. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Great! Thanks you, Wycil. Strong with the force are you!

13. Misty the Pokemon trainer

Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Great having you back, Wycil. The story was worth waiting for!!!!!!!!!

14. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    I can't wait to see what happens next!

15. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    First of all: I have the first on-topic thread in this forum! Whoo-hoo!

So anyway, I downloaded TDR last Saturday and watched it. It was pretty cool. The special effects were great for a fan film, the story was decent, and the original music was pretty good too. There were some problems, notably the fact that there were no Super Star Destroyers in this time period. But overall, it was worth seeing.

Ironically enough, I also saw the SW Holiday Special for the first time on that same day. TDR was much better.

16. PBoba

PBoba Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    Umm, I thought TDR was kinda lame. Would have been great fun to make though. Best parts were the cantina, Mara Jade ( ) and Garrick (sp?). Otherwise, most of the trailers onsite are better than TDR, I think.

17. lazerman

lazerman Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 1998
    I have to agree with two things about TDR, great production, great writing, for a fan film, but I did not like Mara's lightsabre, of all the things that were right, that just made me lose the fact that I was watching a fan film, to pay SO much attention to costumes, writing, sets, and then to have this lame green blade. Sorry guys, it through me off. I love lightsabres.

18. Tokugawa

Tokugawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    The thing that I hated about the saber is that it was Luke's ROTJ saber. I mean come on, get some PVC fittings and some glue, and you've got something original looking.

Also, the force push ripple-thing was unecessary.

Too much hype.

19. Skyrissian

Skyrissian Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 1999
    The Dark Redemtion was a total waste of time to download!

It was nothing more than a lame, mirror image of A New Hope.

20. Neeja Halycon

Neeja Halycon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2000
    I?m afraid that despite what Mr. Duxbury says, this film was not heavily researched. If it was, then they weren?t looking in the right places. I have four major problems:

1. The opening crawl says "Jedi Mara Jade", Jade was not a Jedi until nearly 20 years after Return of the Jedi. (See Vision of the Future by Timothy Zahn)

2. There has been a lot of controversy over this on the swvideo board, but I believe Mara did not get a lightsaber until after the Thrawn Trilogy, and when she did, it was Anakin's lightsaber. The blue one that Luke first used, and the recovered it from Luuke. (See The Last Command by Timothy Zahn) However, we see her wielding a green saber in TDR. I have heard that she might have had a purple saber when training with the Emperor, but I'm not sure.

3. The Rebels received the Death Star plans from the Rebels on Toprawa, after they had been stolen from an Imperial convoy that Lord Tion mentioned in a dinner with Bail and Leia Organa. They didn't get them from Mara. (See NPR?s Star Wars Radio Drama)

4. The man from A New Hope had no relevance to the story. I believe they just got him so they could say that they could say they had a real Star Wars actor in their promos.

5. (This really doesn?t count, but I will mention it anyway.) Han said to Greedo "Even I get borded sometimes". This would seem to mean that he dropped the spice because he was boarded, but in the TDR he dropped it because TIEs were following him. However, we can assume that Solo was lying to Greedo.

The effects should have been better. Granted I cannot do better, yet, but there are dozens of people on the swvideo board that would have done them for them, for free. There are also rumors that they had a huge budget, perhaps as high as a million dollars. I have seen better effects done with software bought for 100 bucks. Therefor I think they were just lazy about the effects. Though Boba Fett was done well, I don?t think his story fit in well with Jade's. I know you really don't have much time to set up a story in 30 minutes, but if they couldn?t have done it well, then they shouldn?t have done it at all. The sets were good, as were the props, and the trooper armor. The alien costumes could have used some work, but I understand those are really hard to do. The spaceship effects were VERY good.

[This message has been edited by Neeja Halycon (edited 03-11-2000).]

21. Gaeriel

Gaeriel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 1999
    This is great. We not only have updates on Secret, but the Spiritplane, too. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU!

22. Geoff Morton

Geoff Morton Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 1998
    I was impressed with what I saw, though it was by no means motion picture quality. I will say, however, that considering it's not something we had to buy, pay to rent, or pay to view, I'm not going to complain too loudly about some plot inconsistencies.

Considering that just about all of the gripes I've read about the fan movie were in regards to inconsistencies with EU, which is inconsistent with itself anyways, I'm not going to take them too seriously.

It was an entertaining diversion, a fun way to spend twenty minutes that didn't cost us anything, and a fun was for some Star Wars fans to introduce themselves to the world of film.

23. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Originally posted by Neeja Halycon:
    2. There has been a lot of controversy over this on the swvideo board, but I believe Mara did not get a lightsaber until after the Thrawn Trilogy, and when she did, it was Anakin's lightsaber. The blue one that Luke first used, and the recovered it from Luuke. (See The Last Command by Timothy Zahn) However, we see her wielding a green saber in TDR. I have heard that she might have had a purple saber when training with the Emperor, but I'm not sure.

3. The Rebels received the Death Star plans from the Rebels on Toprawa, after they had been stolen from an Imperial convoy that Lord Tion mentioned in a dinner with Bail and Leia Organa. They didn't get them from Mara. (See NPR?s Star Wars Radio Drama)

[This message has been edited by Neeja Halycon (edited 03-11-2000).]

In defense of TDR (Yes, I know it's antithetical since most people mark it as our stiffest competition at the moment):

Mara is shown in the Official Continuity to have had a lightsaber around the time of ANH (See MJ:BTEH #0) and used the same one during the events immediately after ROTJ (See MJ:BTEH). This was the same one she used in MOTS as well. It just wasn't, at ANY point, green . . .

As for the Toprawa thing . . . that's one of the things you just deal with when considering fan films or fan fiction. The entire idea of fan productions is that they pretty much keep or throw out whatever they want (many of them take the PLACE of one or more of the LFL-made films) of the continuity, since they don't have to abide by the continuity rules LFL set up, as they aren't sanctioned.

Going against TDR because they didn't get the plans the same way would mean you shouldn't like Troops because the Official Continuity specifically says that Owen and Beru were murdered by Stormies specifically over the location of the droids. You just can't be that nitpicky with fan fiction. Granted, it's prefered for fan films to tie into the films to make them seem like a part of the saga, but when it comes down to it, any "Fan Fiction Timeline" (as it were) is simply comprised of whatever the fan fiction creator wants to include. In TDR's case, it would seem it only included the films and TDR, thus not having to deal with the Toprawa issue that came up in the radio dramas and later materials.

--Nathan Butler
    Co-Writer/Torin Klinar, Prelude to Hope

24. lazerman

lazerman Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 1998
    BUT...... The sabre was not just green, but an ugly green, no burning white hot blade, just a paint thingy.

I know....... I should get a life

25. Neeja Halycon

Neeja Halycon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2000
    That's ok lazerman, I need a life to. I think we all agree the fx need work. Nathan, thanks for the sabre information, one less thing keeping me up at night (seriously, I'm not kidding (you see, life needed)). As for the Toprawa thing, the only reason I see that as a problem was becuase the Executive Producer said "Meticulous research has gone into keeping true to the Star Wars characters and universe." Btw, I beileve the Radio Drama is not considered EU (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.