main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Secret"(A Jedi apprentice fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wycil, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenKanobe

BenKanobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    I have 3DS MAX... I would love to get involved, but I am just not too good a 3d...

2. BenKanobe

Mar 12, 1999
    Oh yeah, BoB, that looks good... We could avoid lip synching (which is very hard) by showing the head through the glass, but have some glare and make it difficult to see the face... Anyway, we could show the heads moving, during that. I figured out how to do a cool lightsaber, i'll post it below..

3. BenKanobe

Mar 12, 1999
    http://www.pclink.com/enyberg/lightsaber.jpg

[This message has been edited by BenKanobe (edited 10-13-1999).]

4. Defiance

Defiance Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 16, 1999
    Looking good, BenKanobe. I never did figure out how to make a glow in 3D programs. I always resort to Photoshop for that.

5. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Yeah I sort of figured it was long, I sort of got carried away. However it does have a couple of break points. Maybe just try animating up to the point where the freighters jump in to start or when you first see the ties. That would give a good idea on how plausable most of the basic stuff would be. Then do the tie fight, which would introduce dogfighting, and finally the corvette.

I still don't like calling them gold group, so anyone have a suggestion for a good y-wing squadrons name, and maybe name the pilots.

6. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    This sounds like a great idea!

If you need any help with dialogue/story/whatever, I'm sure there are fanfic writers that would love to help you out!

7. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Overjoyed...thanks for writing more. I love your writing. Also, Misty's editing is not too bad either. Ever think about working together?

8. BenKanobe

Mar 12, 1999
    You can help, if you're a 3D artist or a writer..

9. Paradox

Paradox Moderator Emeritus star 1 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 2, 1998
    Well, I suppose I'll volunteer my writing skills, but the first thing we need to do is figure out what we're going to do.

Here's my attempt at an agenda:

• <LI>Decide on a basic genre.
      <LI>Decide on a plotline.
      <LI>Write a first draft of a script based on this plotline and post it for people to read and consider.
      <LI>Revise.
      <LI>Post again for consideration; revise again; and so on until a workable script is completed.
      <LI>Create the 3d models; rewrite the script if necessary to work with these.
      <LI>Create the animation.

In other words, this isn't going to be easy if we really want to do it. I'm willing to do any writing necessary and then some, but this needs to be an organized venture. I mean, just looking at the response here, we can't have twenty-seven writers. Whether I'm one of them or not, we need to organize that. Then, moving along chronologically, we would have to divide scenes up among animators, etc. So, before any of the above list even starts, I think we need to decide on a staff to work on this, which starts with people who would be dedicated to it. I for one would be, but it's questionable as to how many of the people who showed initial enthusiasm will be.

10. Ton Phanan

Ton Phanan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 1999
    Honestly, I don't see it happening. It's just a pipe dream. Not enough animators, not enough people willing to commit time to do it. Pipe dream...

11. XNaga SadowX

XNaga SadowX Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 1999
    well, it did sound exciting. And I bet we could do it if we had the time, and I for one wasnt looking at it like needing the best cgi artists out there, but tons right. we dont have enough commitement to this. a lot of us are really busy right now, and we have a lot of people that would like to write, but not enough help in the other areas. Now the summer would be a better time to work on something like this, and if anyone still wants to try to do something like this, we could at least try to get something set up, which yes could take some time, but hey I'm in no hurry. If you have a story, send it to me. I think I can find some people to work on this, but I'll have to get them interested and have a story before I talk to them. Anyways, besides this thread, this board is kinda dying already.

12. The Irish Jedi

The Irish Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 17, 1998
    In theory, this sounds like a cool idea. Probably hard to pull off, but who knows. I wish I could help out with some of the cgi stuff, but I'm nowhere near proficient. All I can offer is what others have, I'm afraid, though there may be some advantages. I've hastily scribbling a fan-fic over in, well, fan-fic. I don't have any real plans to do anything with it, I'm just screwing around. It's pretty much a version of episode II. It's somewhat linear, and bearing some editing, passable writing. The important part is it's the work of writer, and I wrote it first in screenplay format. I can offer sketches of characters and scenes, but artistically that's it. Sorry.
    If someone does get this going, which would be pretty cool, I'd be willing to provide the script, and some art. Like I said, other than that, not much else. Whatever you decide, good luck. Should be fun.

13. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    My recommendation is to do just one small scene, or even a part of a scene, and see how it goes. If that scene ends up working out, then you can add to it, add stuff before it, or whatever.

14. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    Great story. Can't wait to read the next post.

15. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Hey, crew, I'm glad to see that we are getting further into this. I have a few things to say:

1. This is not a one month thing. Think how long it takes the pros to make a computer generated scene. You guys have decided to do just one scene, right?

2. Less talk, more walk. You need to come together in some way to "compare notes." There has to some way to communicate with each other. I'm almost certain that all of you posting here don't live in the sam neighborhood (Hey, maybe some of you are realted. Who knows?)

3. Start small. Of course, you guys aren't planning to do a huge computer generated movie. If you guys are going to do one or more scenes, they should only have sound effects, not voices, in them. I don't know much about this subject, I'm just a spectator; but I think that the process will go smoother if you start with simple elements.

Frankly, i shouldn't be even involved in this discussion, but I started this thread and I feel that it's my responsibility to put in my two centz.

16. Wycil

Wycil Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 1999
    Thanks once again.Just the best boost for inspiration and once again I´m back here writing.I guess I´ve been working together with good ol´Misty...and...anyway I´ll be continuing now:

As the sun was setting on Crysan the warmth of spring brought the warm winds with it crossing everywhere through the planet.Bringing a sort of warmth in to life,the rocks and the trees seemed more alive in the whispers of harmony.In the of Terasis The Jedi Master Qui-Gonn Jinn stood peacefully his gaze on the orange sun.Though he knew he´d seen the sun set for many more times than he could ever recall it seemed allways as beautiful as the last one.When he had been younger he´d allways found it foolishly romantic but as age had cought up with him he let his innermost feelings take control.He was much like his Padawan Obi-Wan who he´d be meeting again.He had protested hardly after the councilhad chosen young Obi-Wan on such a demanding mission,even one that Qui-Gonn himself found hard to pull through.And he was a Jedi Master as Obi-Wan was not yet even a Knight.Obi-Wan was getting closer by the moment but it would take him still many more years to come before he would be ready for the trials.Now his Padawan was on his way to meet him the priceless artifact with him.One that even Qui-Gonn didn´t have much knowledge of.Only that it was valiant for the mission to succeed.

-So why was I and Obi-Wan sent on this mission?They could have put anyone else on that ship but from all they chose Obi-Wan.This mission is one great secret.What else is hidden from us?-

Qui-Gonn rubbed his short beard with his fingers for a moment,a habbit that had grown on him during the years of Jedi Knight hood.
    He continued his walk preoccupied by his thoughts soon finding himself before a small foodshack.

-Why not?-

Qui-Gonn thought as he looked at the delicious foods spread before him.Even a...

-Even a Jedi Master should stop for breakfast once in a while.-

He stepped in the amazing exotic smells taking control of him.He had no desire of leaving this small shack.After a while of drooling Qui-Gonn felt a pat on his shoulders.It was the shopkeeper who spoke the same language as he did!

-Excellent.-

Qui-Gonn thought as he turned around to face the man properly only to be turned around to his former position.

-"I be sorry sir but it is a...a custome in Terasis to speak to a guest like this",he said with a low tone.

-Oh.I see.Pardon my ignorance..sir.I would be intrested in tasting some of your foods.

Soon Qui-Gonn found out what a mistake he had done.The man behind him started to talk nonstop:"Well sir we have all kinds of foods here.Not to mention some excellent vintages of different waters!Now sir if you look on your right and left you will see some of my most loved dishes.The Oopiumis Dandalis,the spin wheel dish...and do you know sir that my shop is one of the most popular...um restaurants in the whole...".Qui-Gonn opened his mouth for a change:"On the planet?",he asked hopefully though a bit questioning.

-"On this street sir!Ofcourse.Paardon me but do not be foolish."he snarted.

-"Why yes.Excuse me my mistake.I´d like to taste the um Oopi...u well you know what I mean.",Qui-Gonn answered hearing now his stomach growling loudly.

-"Must be one of those earthquakes again!Did you hear that sir!Such pest´s I´d say!".

-"Well um yes.",Qui-Gonn said blushing as he soon found his desired dish before him.

As he laid the long meat in his mouth he soon felt something he hadn´t excperienced since...never.

A pair of steps strode silently through the town.Heavy steps for Obi-Wan who could feel himself breaking apart from the violent pain in every part of his misfortuned body.

-Why can´t I have a speeder of some kind.Why?-

He cried to himself laying his hand on his back bending himself in agony.He´d have to hear much of this from Qui-Gonn not to mention now!Obi-Wan felt embarrased as he walked nearing his and Qui-Gonn´s meeting place.Then suddently he heard an odd noise as someone was complaining.He felt obliged to find out the source of the noise seeming to come

17. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    Thanks once again.Just the best boost for inspiration and once again I´m back here writing.I guess I´ve been working together with good ol´Misty...and...anyway I´ll be continuing now:

As the sun was setting on Terasis the warmth of spring brought the warm winds with it crossing everywhere through the planet.Bringing a sort of warmth in to life,the rocks and the trees seemed more alive in the whispers of harmony.The Jedi Master Qui-Gonn Jinn stood peacefully his gaze on the orange sun.Though he knew he´d seen the sun set for many more times than he could ever recall it seemed allways as beautiful as the last one.When he had been younger he´d allways found it foolishly romantic but as age had cought up with him he let his innermost feelings take control.He was much like his Padawan Obi-Wan who he´d be meeting again.He had protested hardly after the councilhad chosen young Obi-Wan on such a demanding mission,even one that Qui-Gonn himself found hard to pull through.And he was a Jedi Master as Obi-Wan was not yet even a Knight.Obi-Wan was getting closer by the moment but it would take him still many more years to come before he would be ready for the trials.Now his Padawan was on his way to meet him the priceless artifact with him.One that even Qui-Gonn didn´t have much knowledge of.Only that it was valiant for the mission to succeed.

-So why was I and Obi-Wan sent on this mission?They could have put anyone else on that ship but from all they chose Obi-Wan.This mission is one great secret.What else is hidden from us?-

Qui-Gonn rubbed his short beard with his fingers for a moment,a habbit that had grown on him during the years of Jedi Knight hood.
    He continued his walk preoccupied by his thoughts soon finding himself before a small foodshack.

-Why not?-

Qui-Gonn thought as he looked at the delicious foods spread before him.Even a...

-Even a Jedi Master should stop for breakfast once in a while.-

He stepped in the amazing exotic smells taking control of him.He had no desire of leaving this small shack.After a while of drooling Qui-Gonn felt a pat on his shoulders.It was the shopkeeper who spoke the same language as he did!

-Excellent.-

Qui-Gonn thought as he turned around to face the man properly only to be turned around to his former position.

-"I be sorry sir but it is a...a custome in Terasis to speak to a guest like this",he said with a low tone.

-Oh.I see.Pardon my ignorance..sir.I would be intrested in tasting some of your foods.

Soon Qui-Gonn found out what a mistake he had done.The man behind him started to talk nonstop:"Well sir we have all kinds of foods here.Not to mention some excellent vintages of different waters!Now sir if you look on your right and left you will see some of my most loved dishes.The Oopiumis Dandalis,the spin wheel dish...and do you know sir that my shop is one of the most popular...um restaurants in the whole...".Qui-Gonn opened his mouth for a change:"On the planet?",he asked hopefully though a bit questioning.

-"On this street sir!Ofcourse.Paardon me but do not be foolish."he snarted.

-"Why yes.Excuse me my mistake.I´d like to taste the um Oopi...u well you know what I mean.",Qui-Gonn answered hearing now his stomach growling loudly.

-"Must be one of those earthquakes again!Did you hear that sir!Such pest´s I´d say!".

-"Well um yes.",Qui-Gonn said blushing as he soon found his desired dish before him.

As he laid the long meat in his mouth he soon felt something he hadn´t excperienced since...never.

A pair of steps strode silently through the town.Heavy steps for Obi-Wan who could feel himself breaking apart from the violent pain in every part of his misfortuned body.

-Why can´t I have a speeder of some kind.Why?-

He cried to himself laying his hand on his back bending himself in agony.He´d have to hear much of this from Qui-Gonn not to mention now!Obi-Wan felt embarrased as he walked nearing his and Qui-Gonn´s meeting place.Then suddently he heard an odd noise as someone was complaining.He felt obliged to find out the source of the noise seeming to come from an odd shack

18. BenKanobe

Mar 12, 1999
    Man, this was going to be sooo cool. If anyone could find a bunch of artists we could do this. I would hate to have anyone spend the time and effort to write a script and then have it turn into nothing... well... as someone said earlier, less talk, more walk.. We KNOW we can get a scripts. We need CG artists who are big enough fans to help out... I'm gonna leave a message at the SWMA to see if anyone is interested. If not, then we're pretty much screwed in that department..

19. XNaga SadowX

XNaga SadowX Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 1999
    well, I offered to help head up this thing, but for one I'm too busy unfortunately. I still offer to do some things such as texturing and editing, but as for the 3dCGI animation, well, thats not my best area.

20. Magnar Johnsen

Magnar Johnsen Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 1999
    Me and some othe guys at the swma forum has been talking about a project like this.

I'm a skilled animator and i've got a lot of Starwars models. I do also have the tools to put it together.
    But i do not have a story.
    Why not cooperate?

I have a question about this idea. Who the h... is the leader. every movie needs a director.

21. Paradox

Paradox Moderator Emeritus star 1 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 2, 1998
    Well, I don't think any one person should write the script, and hand it over to everybody else for revision. That's not what I meant to imply in my agenda. What I do think is that we need to get together a crew of three or four (at most) competent writers who are willing to do a first draft. I say "competent" for the same reason we need "competent" animators--it's no easier to find good writers than to find good 3D animators. Similarly, we need competent modellers willing to work on the models necessary, and competent animators willing to work on a rough version of the animation. Once that's done, we can put it all together, then work on it as a group to finish it off. I just think that the early stages would be best handled by small groups.

That brings up the issue of judging competency. Well, first, let's just find the volunteers. Then, we'll worry about the competency issue, but my guess is that we'd probably use the judgement of whoever ends up leading this (unfair though that may be). I say this fully realizing that my own work might not be competent enough for acceptance; nevertheless, the better the people we can have working on this project from the beginning, the better the final product will be.

22. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    THis question was asked before and not answered so lets try it again. What things are technically possible and plausible with the animators involved. What things and situations would you like to avoid.

23. Magnar Johnsen

Magnar Johnsen Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 1999
    I don't think it would be a problem to technically do this, but we need to make a list of the volunteers. If your'e interested send me your name, email adress, and what you want to work with. i've got one on my list - tristin who is the leader of this project. i'll post the list when its finished!

24. Wycil

Sep 23, 1999
    Sorry for the somekind of a comedy bit...I just needed to release something in me....damn how mystical can a person get?Anyway now the story actually opens after all this...still here comes more:

The Crestfallen had just landed in the hidden fold of the woods,a valiant hidingplace for the large ship which hopefully the people of the town Terasis had no knowledge of.There was too much atstake for they´re mission to be unfolded before all unspicious watchers and listeners.A small figure lurked before the commandbride gazing down on the planet.The lonesome man could feel all his frustration and anger take control of his frail body.His soul.As the predator now he had to at his best.His prey was most unusual this time.Instead of being human thieves or ordinary alien conartists he faced one if not the most dangerous race in the known universe.The one´s who were known as the Jedi.Protectors of the Universe.
    Majera´ls had kept to himself for the last halfhour forming new plans in his unpredictable mind.He started to feel nervouse as he thought about the unknown future.

What if...

What if the mission had been sentenced to fail byt he hands of fate?What if the Jedi would escape from him once again with the mysterious object.Even Majera´ls did not have knowledge of the object.Though he´d taken the darned mission on his responsibility only seeing the huge rewards in the reflection of his eye´s.Now he felt regret rising in his mind,planting a suspicious seed to grow.The prices that had been offered for the position of the secretive metal object had all been enormous.Such prices for something so small.Do not judge by size had his father said to him...long before their most unfortunate brawl.

"We will be leaving the ship in one hour",Majera´ls said a frightening tone of anger in his voice.None dared to open their mouth´s in the act of speech.Not now.Majera´ls had once again after a long period of a sort of calmness,a threatening and deadly force in his voice and in his peacefull moves.One that he had tried to hide from himself,one that now had risen to become king of his emotions.

"Will the Sullustan contact us Soranis?What do you think?",asked the tall human mercenary to the slightly shorter man beside him.He was anxious for battle though he hid his emotions wisely from his partner beside him.

-"I do not know friend.Let us hope that that vicious Captain is as talented as he has been told to be and has succeeded in his mission.Either way he will contact us.My magic tell´s me that.",he said grimly.

-"You worry me Soranis.You trust that magic of yours too much.The one that the Jedi call "the force".You should trust your intelligence more than that force in your heart.It misguides you."

-"I have heard you say those preaches before Justice and as your name the "Magic"in me is my judgement and I will continue to follow it.Do not worry I am most capable of taking care of myself and others",Soranis said a comforting smile forming on his face.Then their comlink started to beep.The shared a glance together forming the word´s on their lip´s almost instantly:"The Sullustan".

Only a few minutes had passed after Obi-Wan had found his sickend Master from the small shop among the street.Amazement shined on his worried face as he looked at his Master.Qui-Gonn coughed a bit laying his hand on his forehead that seemed to be burning as a reaction of the food he had eated.The shop owner seemed amused of his situation grinning.

-"How can one not eat food without changing color and falling on the ground as a tree?You humans are most amusing",the alien shopkeeper said laughing loudly.

-"I wouldn´t call THAT food,unless you´d like to inform your customers that they are being fed with poison!",Qui-Gonn said laying his head on the ground growning.

Obi-Wan looked slowly upwards at the Terasian smiling widely.

No I shouldn´t.He is my Master but...

Obi-Wan could not control himself no longer as he bursted on the groung beside Qui-Gonn laughing.Tears flowed from his eye´s as laughter crossed allover.The shopkeeper joined him he too falling on the gro

25. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

how can you stop at that?!? WRITE MORE!!!

&gt;&gt;&gt;this is the second time this has been done to me! what's wrong with you,people?&lt;&lt;&lt;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.