main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Secret"(A Jedi apprentice fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wycil, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    This story's great. I really like the new addition!

2. XNaga SadowX

XNaga SadowX Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 1999
    Tristin, what programs personally are you skilled with and plan on using? I dont quite understand...are you heading this as in head Visual Effects artist...are you writing some of the script ideas? Or just overall...taking command...I'm just curious, cause I lost you somewhere in these posts. I was not going to get too involved because of my schedule, but that doesnt say I wont help out. I am "competent" in Video, 2d, and 3d. I'll see what I can work up, as well as a script maybe. For one, I dont have a problem with you heading this up, but maybe we could get some web space up, along with updates, some type of boards or chat for new ideas, etc. Not stealing anything away from these boards, just something where we can keep updated and add more ideas, etc. Well, I dont have much else to say, so I guess we'll see what happens from here
    Oh yeah, you might wanna get something started, at least a..well.."trailer" script or something of the like just for a test run if you may. Any ideas, comments, etc just mail me.

3. Magnar Johnsen

Magnar Johnsen Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 1999
    To everyone who is interested in this project: we are working on a website... check it out: http://www.swmovie.xrs.net http://www.swmovie.xrs.net

4. Ton Phanan

Ton Phanan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 1999
    Paradox, if you still need a competent writer, to look over stuff, or for suggestions, or whatever, I'm always available...

Also, if you need someone for sound or voices, I have a microphone hooked to my computer, and a half-decent voice. Basically, I want to help out in any way I can--this project sounds really interesting, now that it's beginning to take shape.

5. Magnar Johnsen

Oct 19, 1999
    Tom Phanan You 're in!
    http://www.swmovie.xrs.netwww.swmovie.xrs.net

6. Owen

Owen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 1998
    I'd like to help in any way, but not sure what there is that I could do. Ultimately I'd love to do 3D animation, but that isn't going to happen, unless you want some smiley faces in there. The only program I have here which is up to doing 3D modeling is ACAD 14 and since 3D modeling wouldn't part of my job I've only been messing around with it lately so my skills are not what I'd like them to be.
    Anyway, I suppose I could help with reviewing scripts or sound or something. Anyway, if you need help, ask away.

7. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    I'm not an animator, but I have interest in film and writing, so I could help out with the script and such.. and I'm female, so if you have a female character and need a voice, I'd be willing to give it a go.

I know HTML, too, and I maintain 3 webpages, so if you need any help with yours, just ask.

8. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm willing to help with what I can, I haven't done any 3-d modelling, but I am taking a video class which they are suppose to teach me how to do digital editing, if they ever get the decks up, and I'm willing to help with the writing, voices, getting coffee and donuts whatever.

[This message has been edited by BoB (edited 10-22-1999).]

9. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Are you guys actually ever going to work with each other face to face? Maybe I sound dumb, but don't you need to work with each other in person, or can you do it over the net. Just asking...

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Jedi Youngling

May 23, 1999
    I've got a good voice (At least that's what I'm told, I really have no idea.), and I would be willing to do some voices. If someone asks, I'll design an actual website and put it up.

Nemesis, Genius@Large
    jedinemesis@mediaone.net

I don't mean any offense to the person who put the current webpage up, but I could design something that would interest people more.

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited 10-24-1999).]

11. Ton Phanan

Ton Phanan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 1999
    Hey, thanks Magnar, but I think you should know that Ton Phanan isn't my real name, like it implies on your web page...

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Jedi Youngling

May 23, 1999
    Because of someone's request, I will be designing a website for SW 3D. I'll design a website anyway, but it would be much better if people could send me preproduction graphics, a prelimainary (or proposed) storyline, or anything else pertinent. Email me at jedinemesis@mediaone.net.

Thanx,
    William Johnston

13. Magnar Johnsen

Oct 19, 1999
    To all of you! Check out the new member list at http://www.swmovie.xrs.netwww.swmovie.xrs.net

Someone asked if we're going to work people to people. i don't know where you guys live but i don't think this would be possible.
    Anyway, if you're on the member list, mail me your location (Country,City)

14. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    More Please.........

15. Wycil

Wycil Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 1999
    "Beyond the stars is a world".

Soranis stood silently in the shadows of the town Terasis.His shape forming with the dark
    around him brought him old memories that had felt distant to him,as they had belonged to someone else.He had always felt as this path destined for him to travel had been someone else´s.Soranis had been the thief of his own life.As a pair of grasping hands seeking for a match,to feel when light was not to be seen,when the glow of light was too strong.

~When the glow of the light
    is too strong
    when your eye´s melt in the
    lies, when the songs
    are distant
    search for a better world
    search for private redemption
    become more than the giving hand´s
    can afford to give
    beyond the star´s.~

The song that his brother,he dead too now had sang in his mothers funeral echoed in his mind almost making tears flow openly from his soft cheeks.It had been a long time since he had felt that salty water on his lips,telling him he was only human.

"But I can be beyond that"

He had said to himself so many times that he had make himself believe that theyre laid a thread of truth in them.Now he didn´ know.

I just do not know.

Soranis gazed coldly at his partner who came towards him shining in the light.Soranis stepped out looking behind the man´s shoulder to see if something important had happened.He himself wouldn´t have noticed in his thoughts.He found it irritating as a wide smile shone on his face.As if he didn´t give a damn of the future or the present.

How I envy.Only if I too could live a day with out the heavy weight of worry.Only if...

"I saw the Sullustan and his men entering the town.I thought it would be better for us to make our own move before joining them in the search.What do you think of this Soranis?",he asked waiting for an instant reply as he´d been used to hear over the year´s of friendship.

Soranis keeped quiet for a moment soon remembering the situation he was in.Gently he touched his mouth feeling his hard dry lip´s.How much time had passed?His mouth felt dry his back ached.

That´s odd.The power of memories.Well I´ll have time later...for the same haunting ghost´s.

"We should stay in the background.See if the Jedi makes his move first.No reason for all of us to get killed.When the time comes we´ll be there.",he managed to answer.

"Gun´s blazing to kill!",Justice said smirking.

"Gun´s blazing",Soranis said stepping back into the shadows.

An other mouth in Terasis seemed as dry as the desert on Tatooine,without hope of a drop of water to make the earth grow.In Captain Majeral´s mind to make his fear go away.Under his angry face,under the mask he had shaped was much more anger and fear than he could ever understand.He knew he´d search the whole planet if necessary to find the cursed Jedi but what then?A question that laid in the mind of every one of his men and women.The Jedi could kill them all by himself and as it seemed a powerful Jedi Majeral´s was convinced after he´d seen the Jedi´s trick with the metal debris.Not every Jedi could do such a thing,or could they?Now was not the time to ponder on the warrior´s strength but his wisdom.Was he foolish enough to stop in the first city he stumbled on?

"Let´s check the shop",the Sullustan said pointing towards the small shack next to him.

"Keep yourweapons hidden unless necessary.We do not wan´t any unwelcomed trouble do we?",he said looking at the people before him a questioning frown on his fishlike face.

Damn!

The word crossed in both of the men´s minds as they heard the Sullustan Captain speak silently to his crew.Qui-Gonn as Obi-Wan knew that in such a small shop it would be impossible to use a lighsaber witout taking a hit.A lethal hit at somepoint anyway.Qui-Gonn kept calm searching for a way out of the situatíon.

There has to be someway I can use the force.

And by that magical word he found a solution.But he knew he had to hurry as time was running out.Beside him Obi-Wan´s hand laid by instinct where his lightsaber had used to be.Qui-Gonn forgot him sending all other thoughts away.He used the force to penetrate the Sullustan´s mind

16. The Kid

The Kid Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    Ok , is this the same trailer as Curtis@fantrailer.com.

I offer my help and ideas, though my graphics aren't amazing I am quite creative. Is there a project leader?

17. THR33d

THR33d Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 1999
    I know i probably won't be much help but i do have a considerable amount of experence in 3d rendering / animation. i would do alot better in animation than modeling considering all i have now is 3ds max.

another thing, where/how is this going to be released? a website or what?

if you need good episode 1 models goto
    http://www.terminalshock.com/galaxy/archiveswww.terminalshock.com/galaxy/archives

i will help as much as posible, i am however still in school.

THR33d

18. Nemesis

Nemesis Jedi Youngling

May 23, 1999
    Could someone please send me a copy of the website and/or your name/e-mail address/role in movie. I finished the new site last night, and I've had trouble logging on to the current site that has this information. Any help is appreciated. I just put the site up at http://members.xoom.com/starwars3dmembers.xoom.com/starwars3d I used xoom.com because they give unlimited webspace as long as the files pertain to your website. This will allow us to store anything we need. THR33d, that link you gave me tells me the website is restricted every time I try to access it. If you e-mail me the models, I'll put them on the site for download.

Thanx,
    JediNemesis@mediaone.net

Oh, BTW, if you E-mail me, please send me your online alias(es).

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited 10-31-1999).]

19. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Great story! Hope you have more time to write, much more time.....!

20. TTL Droid

TTL Droid Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 1999
    I'd be willing to help. It sounds like this won't happen in the near, near future, so I'dbe willing to help. I'm getting Hash's Animation Master quite soon, so count me in.

21. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    THR33d since we are setting it up here, I guess we can try and get it on TFN to start with. And as long as it turns out fairly good I'm sure we can get it on there, especially since they keep asking for more multimedia stuff. Once we get more done and have some stuff done that we can show, we can probably start talking to them then and get some info about the project put up on TFN.

22. The Kid

The Kid Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    So Tristin your the boss. OK.

I know that you've <b>All</b> made some progress on this project but I'm not sure how much.

If I may i'd like to offer some advice.
    There are certain processes that you must go through before you even start production. Here is a kind of step by step guide.

(i)What are you aiming to achieve. (A Basic outline like "A short film or trailer that could be used for a 'feature of the day' on Theforce.net)
    (ii)Set a deadline and reviews up to it.
    (iii) List all the resources available : Human, Machines, Programs etc..
    (iv)Then decide on a story. Maybe make a thread and vote on what would make best viewing.
    (V)Pre Production - Give the script to concept artists. Complete a few short animations (10-20 secs)
    (vi)Production : These are passed onto the modelling team. Going to the animators.
    (vii)Each area should be headed by a team leader who delegates orders to the workers.
    (viii)Post production : Touching up of work, anything else needing doing.
    (iv)Start advertising to TFN that from their discussion forum a new design team has been created and that they should advertise their work on the page!
    (v) Reap the rewards then start on another project.

I think you should implement this Tristin. Don't worry too much if the final product is not excellent as over time people will improve. It's alright not to get perfect first time.

Also who is doing the website for this, as I have done a little work that I think they would like to take a look at.

Just my suggestions. I may have left something out. I'll add it later if I have.

Ohh yeah, Tristin it is up to you to make the decision. You need to express what needs doing and be a "Public voice" so that everybody knows what's happening.

C Ya Later

23. Nemesis

Nemesis Jedi Youngling

May 23, 1999
    The Kid I've got a website up at members.xoom.com/starwars3d. There is not much there now because I need more information on what is going on with the project. I'll expand the site as soon as I do.

JediNemesis@mediaone.net

24. Nemesis

Nemesis Jedi Youngling

May 23, 1999
    If anyone has a homepage, personal or business, that they would like a link to on the website, please LMK.

Thanx
    JediNemesis@mediaone.net

25. THR33d

THR33d Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 1999
    Sorry about the link to the terminalshock.com/galaxy
    i checked the swma fourm and found BOTH were down for a little while but the other is still down.

Let's get this thing started.

THR33d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.