main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Secret of the Heart - (Kanan/Hera) - Kanera drabble and ficlet thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    A/N: Tag to Shadow of a Doubt by @Raissa Baiard! It just came flowing out after I read Rasissa's fic. No explanations or excuses. I guess I hope I'm not being repetitive in my style and this fic is actually something relevant to REBELS. Enjoy.

Secret of the Heart

Chopper really needed to stop talking. It was the third occasion in which the chatty droid had inserted his interpretation of Kanan's attentions to Hera. On each occasion, prompting him to confess his love for his Twi'lek compatriot. It had gotten under his skin enough to catch Hera's notice. And, to make matters worse, his frustration with the rolling wrecking ball had made his protestations sound awkward and forced. Hera didn't seem to want to let it go this time.

"For someone who eschews romantic involvements, they appear to be on your mind lately," Hera teased, pointedly.

"Chopper says I should talk about my feelings," Kanan replied. "I feel like he needs an overhaul, piece by piece."

"It's possible," she said, peering mischievously at the droid, who was slowly retreating to a safe distance. "But, maybe he's on to something. Do you need to get something off your chest?"

"Hmmm...no," he answered. "Nothing a little sparring or beating the heavy bag won't cure."

"So, these are negative feelings?" she asked. "Like, of Dark Side?"

"No, not of the dark side," he said, thoughtfully. "Just confusing. Like something that can't be allowed now, given the mission."

"Now, you have my attention," she said. "Do you think it's something you can compartmentalize indefinitely? Will not talking about it, hurt the mission in the long run?"

"I don't know," he answered. "I...don't think it will hurt anything if I keep it to myself."

"Oh," she said, disappointed, looking to the floor. "I see."

It was like a dam broke inside of him and for no particular reason. She was not pushing to hard. This was not an interrogation. It was a friend showing concern. No more than a friend; a sister. NO! not a sister. He was confused, but also in state of raw clarity about Hera. Chopper, as annoying as the droid could be did not have the luxury of denial. Sentients, even Jedi, could live in that space forever if allowed.

"But," he added, quickly seeing her dejection. "I've been wrestling with what would happen if the team, if I was lost in battle and never told anyone; if I never shared the secret."

She met his eyes again, regaining control of her body language. "Am I the person you need to tell? What about your padawan?"

He touched her arm, tentatively, raising this touch to her shoulder. "If I were to tell anyone this secret, it would be you. You see, this secret has nothing to do with being a Jedi or a Rebel or a mentor. This secret is about...love. It's hard for me to say it, Hera. So much has happened. So much pain and suffering. So much time protecting myself, before I met you. And, now so much time protecting the team. And, you. Hera, there is the team...and there is you. What am I supposed to when my feelings put you above the team?"

Hera didn't respond. She knew, in her heart, that this is what she wanted him to say, what she wanted. But she never expected him to say it. Did he say it?

"Did he say it?" she whispered. Her eyes had dropped to his chest as she processed his words.

"Say what?" he replied, confused.

Her own defenses fell. Her feelings for Kanan, which she had been tamping down and hiding away surfaced almost uncontrollably. She met his eyes fiercly.

"Did you say it?" she challenged, but not vindictively. She was in an expected, uncharacteristic, rush of emotion. She grabbed him by both arms. "Did you?"

He met her eyes, is blazing with a controlled fire as well. "Not yet."

Her forceful gaze softened minutely and a glee entered the emotional frenzy.

"Well?" Hera pressed. "Are you going to share the secret or not?"

Chopper rolled slowly back into view. He had the wherewithal to stay quite.

"Hera, I-"

The Ghost rocked violently throwing Kanan and Hera to the deck in a jumble of limbs. Scrambling to his feet, the Jedi helped his captain to her feet.

"Hera, I-" Kanan tried.

"Not now!" she declared. "We've got bigger problems."

They headed to the cockpit to assess the situation.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love the candor and the shy confiding until :eek: :frustrated: Can't blame that on Chopper interrupting this time :p Oh this definitely adds something marvy to Raissa's fic. And it must continue, especially with such a scrumptious title. [face_batting]

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh, very nice! "ILOVEYOUYOUPILOTI'LLMANTHEGUNPORTS!"

While Chopper mutters in binary about the lack of intelligence in organics.

4. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    GAAAAAH, so frustrating!!!! :( Just TELL her, Kanan! All through those early seasons it's painfully obvious those two have a strong connection beyond just friendship. That it took 4 seasons for it to happen was just...ARGH!

Great characterizations, BTW. =D= I could 'hear; their voices speaking the dialogue. :)

5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Squee factor achieved! My job here is finished. I'm not sure about a follow up. I don't know what I would add. I'm certainly not up for a battle sequence. But, I could skip to a post battle or escape follow up. Perhaps. Thanks, Nyota. I'm glad it worked.
    @Mistress_Renata: Thanks, Renata! For a flash fic it worked pretty well. You comment is hilarious.

@Ridley Solo:

Such is the fate of all good onscreen chemistry between the two leads. Mulder/Scully, anyone? Castle/Beckett? And many more.
    It is high praise to have someone comment that they can hear the actor voices. Thank you for that, Ridley. I'm so glad it hit the mark.

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Oh, if he could only just spit it out! :D Wonderfully written.

7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Ahahahahahahahahaha! :) Kanan's got some stage fever, doesn't he? It's so ironic that it's often so hard to say the things that come straight from your heart, the things that yell inside of you and echo against the inner wall of your skull. And the way he presented it...ha! Great viggie! :)

8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks also to @Ewok Poet and @JediMaster_Jen for their reviews. Apparently Kanera is not done with me yet. Prompts furnished by NSWFF prompt thread. On to more Kanera! :kanan::hera:

Hand in hand

After his near confession, and the jostling in the corridor amounting to a sudden narcoleptic episode on Zeb's part, Kanan suddenly found The Ghost's cockpit very cramped. He stood next to Hera as Sabine explained how she discovered their Lasat compatriot unconscious when she had arrived. For no rational reason, he could feel the sweat breaking free on his forehead. At the same moment, Ezra appeared in the doorway behind him effectively boxing him into closer proximity to Hera. Her eyes slid toward him as he inched closer and back to Sabine. The supposed 'bigger problem' was turning out to be rather small and Kanan needed some air.

He was about ready to brush past his apprentice and into the hallway, when he felt a hand touch his. It was searching, but not clumsily. The fingers curled around his and the cool touch soothed him. Looking down, he saw Hera’s hand in his. Their touch was disguised by their close quarters and he relaxed immediately knowing that Hera returned his unspoken affection and there was nothing more to worry about.

Moonglow

No matter how far and wide they went for the mission, the crew of The Ghost always returned to Lothal. Its beautiful fields of long grass was a balm to the weary soul. Kanan and Hera walked among the tall grass as the moon shone down on them.

“How is Zeb?” Kanan asked, conversationally.

“Tired, apparently,” she said through a smile. “I think it’s an isolated incident. Nothing to worry about. It sure put the brakes on our conversation, though, didn’t it?”

Kanan nodded, taking her hand. “Yes, it did. I didn’t quite get to say exactly what I meant.”

“I’m pretty sure I got the message,” Hera replied, taking his other hand so that they faced each.

“You shouldn’t have to assume the message, My Love,” he distinctly declared.

“My…Love?” Hera stammered.

He couldn’t have imagined a better setting to declare his love than a moonlit grassy plain on Lothal.

“Yes, Hera,” he said, softening his eyes and locking on to hers. “I love you. I think I have from the start. However there were so many reasons not to speak it, not to let it come alive.”

“You Jedi,” she said, shaking her head in credulously, tossing lekku lightly. “Always talking. The time for talk is over. Time to act, Kanan.”

“My pleasure,” he said, threading hands around her waist and pulling her into a kiss.

Flex

Every morning, Kanan and Ezra went to the cargo bay meditate, preform katas, and spar with their lightsabers. Historically, this was done in private, with no interruptions from Zeb, Sabine, and Hera. This morning, however, Hera was waiting in the cargo bay when they arrived. She was sitting in the far corner of the room studying a data pad and did not look up when they entered.

“Everything okay, Hera,” Kanan asked, curious at her presence.

“Just fine,” she replied, returning her attention to her device.

The two Jedi decided to ignore her and proceeded with their daily routine.

After meditating, and halfway their kata set, the men started to break a sweat. Kanan eyed Hera, wary of her presence. He hoped she would not make any public displays of affection in front of his padawan. He and his pilot had not had a chance to lay down such ground rules. Ultimately, his fears were ill founded as she seemed to never look up from her pad.

“Did you come to watch us sweat?” Ezra said, breaking the seamless execution of their exercise.

“Padawan!” Kanan chastised, perhaps too quickly.

“What, Master? I was just joking with Hera.”

“This is not the time for joking, Ezra. Concentration is essential.”

At that, Hera stood and approached Kanan. They huddled conspiratorially. She tilted the Pad toward him, revealing a series of images she had captured during their session. Kanan raised an eyebrow and allowed the slightest curl of his lips.

“You’re absolutely right, Kanan,” she said. “Concentration is paramount. It’s starting to get a little warm in here. I’m going to take my concentration elsewhere.”

After the pilot left, Ezra pinned Kanan with a quizzical look. “What was that all about?”

“I’m not sure myself,” Kanan fibbed and motioned for them to continue their routine. He eyed the bay door and conjured and image of his pilot’s exit.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Very sweet moment. [face_love]

Yes! He finally just spit it out!! [face_laugh] Great work. =D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    YUM! You really are excellent and delicious with the declarations. =D= =D=
    [face_dancing]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Finally he got over his stage fever! Yah to that! Calling her ´my love´ is very sweet! @};-

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I have nothing against the idea of using NSWFF prompts in SW...but yeah, you can allow yourself to do that and I can't, given my frightening backlog. So...ummm, enjoy it and DON'T END UP LIKE ME. :p

Hand in Hand
    I...eerr...everybody is kind of crazy in this one. Narcoleptic Zeb (btw, you wrote Jebb?!), hyper Ezra. And then, our favourite couple plays their secret relationship trope straight, as straight as can be. ;)

Moonglow
    Lovely description of Lothal. Sure, those gorgeous plains are the best place to make out.

Flex
    I don't think I expected this one. Such couple games usually come in later stages [face_devil], but yeah. Poor Ezra, if he knew, his innocence would be ruined. [face_rofl]

13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @JediMaster_Jen: thanks for the review, Jen. He finally spit out. I'm glad you like the hand holding moment. I liked it quite a bit myself.
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks Nyota! More to come. :D
    @AzureAngel2: Thanks, AureAngel2. I'm glad you enjoyed the 'my love' addition. I think it fits Kanan well.
    @Ewok Poet: Hello EP and thank you for the detailed review. I'm on a Kanera riff at the moment. I'm happy to hear that flex caught off guard...in a good way. :p

And now, more Kanera! :kanan::hera:

Attraction

Why am I staring at her goggles? Is it weird that I find them sexy?

Is it strange that a Jedi who survived Order 66 and kept his identity a secret for years is undone by big, beautiful, emerald eyes, vibrant against the softer green of her skin?

Is it odd that a man intent on toppling a galactic empire would rather caress Lekku so smooth and rounded as to be sculpted by a master?

Is it abnormal that a man who reengaged his Jedi heritage to take on an apprentice would rather hold his pilot in a passionate embrace than mediate on the will of the Force?

For the record: It’s not unusual. It happens every day! No matter what you say!*

I really need to stop listening to holonet radio.

*It's not unusual by Tom Jones

Love

The Ghost was empty, but for two very weary specters. They sat in the common area, in low light, pressing into the booth behind the dejarik table. His head leaned back onto the booth top and she leaned on his shoulder, her right lek pressing into him. Squeezed between their adjoining thighs, were two hands clasped tightly together. Her eyes were open, but heavy lidded. His were closed, the slow tapping his boot on the deck signifying his wakefulness.

“Are you okay, My Love?” he whispered, unmoving.

“Blissfully,” she replied. “You?”

“Can’t imagine better.”

“When should we let them back in?”

“Tomorrow.”

“That long?”

“Lothal nights are warm this time of year,” he said though a tired smirk.

“Nothing like an impromptu camp out.”

“My thoughts exactly,” he said, sitting forward and turning to face her. “If we waited for privacy, it would never come.”

She kissed his lips lightly, then more deeply. “Their minds will leap.”

“Then we should give them something to leap to.”

He exited the booth as she followed closely behind. He picked her up and held her as bride would be carried across the threshold of a new home. He walked the darkened halls until he reached his quarters. Palming open the door, he entered the room and walked to bunk. He kissed her neck and cheek and mouth before laying her down on the bed. She scooted over to make room for him. They kissed again as he stroked her lek lightly. Her eyes closed at the pleasant feeling. Her warm hand which had been resting on his hip fell between them and he heard and felt the deepness of her breathing.

“Hera?” He breathed. It was useless. She was asleep. He watched her for a long time until his eyelids would not be denied. He drifted off his forehead touching hers.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Absolutely DELIGHTFUL! You can feel the deep contentment of them just being together and basking. I'm basking. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and brodiew like this.
  15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Such a sweet moment between them. [face_love] They deserved moments of such peace. Great work!=D=

16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Bask on, Nyota. I'm so glad this was such a hit with you. I enjoyed writing that scene as well. short and sweet.
    @JediMaster_Jen: Thank you, Jen. I'm enjoying this pairing, if my avatar update is any clue.

And now, here is some more KANERA! :kanan::hera:

Commitment

Hera lay on the blanket, her head resting in the lap of her Jedi lover. He plucked grapes from the bunch and gingerly placed them in her mouth as she requested.

"It must be nice to be queen," he said smirking, even as he dropped a surprise grape that bounced off her nose and fell to the deck.

She picked up the grape and rose her hand back and tossed it neatly into his mouth. "And, why not. We'v-I've earned it, haven't I?"

He lightly caressed the lek which flowed onto the blanket next to his leg. "You absolutely have. We have definitely earned it."

His soft touch moved from her lek to her cheek, where he plotted invisible designs which traced to her neck and lower. Gazing into her emerald eyes below him, Kanan said: "You are a masterpiece of the Force, Hera; a being of singular make up; a beauty beyond compare.

She cinched her eyebrows in confusion. “What’s all that, Mister?”

“Uh…flowery words of love?” Kana replied, confused by her confusion. “A little much for me, Jedi.”

Kanan considered that. “I can see that. I guess I got carried away in the moment. You are a raving beauty.”

“You can stop now,” she said, turning away, unaccustomed to earnest comments about her appearance. She had experienced plenty of unwanted and unwarranted attentions in the past, but this was different.

"Hera, wait," He said. “You need to hear this. Jokes aside, you are my queen. I know it sounds frivolous and silly out loud, but I mean it. I don't have much, but I have is yours. My life. My love. My devotion."

"I feel the same way, Kanan," she answered sitting up. “But, but the mission isn't over. I keep thinking this isn't the time. Are we being selfish?"

Kanan grinned and shook his head. “No. Not at all. And, this is the Jedi speaking. I don't want to deny us anymore. How much time did we waste being blind to each other?"

“That was pretty bad whether you meant to do it not,” she jibed.

"Yeah, it was wasn't it?"

She leaned in and kissed him. She closed her eyes and relished the touch of their lips. She basked in his nearness, his strength, and his loyalty. Not just to the mission, but to her.

"I love you, Kanan,” she said, genuinely. “I don’t need to be a queen and I don’t need you to be a king. I just need you, Love. Just you. As you are.”

“You have me, Hera,” He replied. “I’m not going anywhere. I will be at your side to the end.”

“Come what may?” she asked, bashfully.

“Come what may.”

Marriage

En route to Alderaan at the person request of Bail Organa, Hera stared, absently at the cloudy blue and white streaks of hyperspace. Kanan sat in the co-pilot’s seat, head back taking advantage of some down time. The cockpit of The Ghost was otherwise empty as the rest of crew lounged in the common area or galley.

“Do you think we should get married?” she asked as absently as she stared into space.

Kana sat forward with jerk and looked at her with subtle alarm. “Married? What has you thinking of that?”

She turned her head slowly to regard him. “Bail and Breha. Leia. So in love and yet still fighting the Empire.”

“The Organas are the ruling family of an entire planet,” Kanan replied. “They are royalty.”

“Your point?” she challenged. “Does that make their marriage anymore special that ours?”

Kanan blinked. “Uh, no,” he answered, mystified by her sudden pique. “Not at all.”

“Then why did you say it?”

Swallowing hard, he said: “I guess marriage seems, or has always been a fairy tale. The Organas seem to live that life. The live in a castle, have more credits than a being can imagine, and a perfect family.”

She narrowed her eyes. “Our marriage could be just as fantastical if you would allow yourself to see it.”

“I love you, Hera,” he declared. “Don’t ever doubt that. But we are at war. Getting married while fighting in the trenches doesn’t seem like the most practical idea.”

“Getting married now actually makes more sense,” she engaged, knitting her brow with growing frustration.

“Why are you getting angry about this?” Kanan asked, truly vexed by her vehemence.

“Because your indifference is infuriating,” she replied with edge. “Being lovers is one thing. Choosing to love each other is another. It’s a commitment. There are plenty of worlds where that commitment is solidified in a marriage ceremony.”

“Given the circumstances, isn’t my declaration enough?” he replied, sincerely.

She folded her arms and all but glared at him. “Why are you so against it? The way you are talking, you might not ever want to get married.”

“That’s not what I’m saying,” he said, leaning forward, his hands on his knees.

“What if you die?”

He opened his hands. “What if I die? What if you die?”

She shook her head in frustration, rustling her lekku, which twitched of their own accord. “Timing doesn’t matter, Kanan. Intent is what matters. Do you intend to marry me?”

The Jedi took a deep breath. He had not seen Hera this way before. In fact, their relationship had been virtually trouble free to this point. Why was she being so passionate about getting married? The question had seemed so random when she asked it.

“Hera, you have gotten me to love. I love you. I will say will say it and do it as long as I live. But is has flown in in the face of everything I was taught as a Jedi. As a result, I find the idea of a public ceremony uncomfortable.”

She sat straighter and regarded him stoically. “Uncomfortable?”

“Yes,” he affirmed, haplessly.

She stood up defiantly and turned toward the door, but pivoted back and flopped into his lap.

Surprised, he caught her too late and he landed hard on his legs.

“What happened to your lightning fast reflexes, Jedi?” she asked, coolly.

“They are clearly unsettled by this conversation,” he replied, still confused. “However, I might be convinced to marry you in a private ceremony?”

Hera smiled mischievously, locking her hands around his neck. “That sure got your temper up?”

Understanding dawning, Kanan feigned a grimace. “My temper? I’m pretty sure I was cool as a cucumber while you were the one boiling over.”

She kissed him on the lips softly. “It’s true. My temperature has risen. How do you propose to handle it?”

Kana signed inwardly as he returned her kisses. Even as his hands fumbled with the buckles and zipper of her flightsuit, he wondered if this was the kind inexplicable emotionalism he had heard about in mating rituals of different species. He decided it didn’t matter.

“Locking he door, Captain. We wouldn’t want any unexpected interruptions. Would we?”

“I’m don’t think your Jedi sensibilities could handle it,” she replied lifting his tunic over his head.

“Probably not,” he admitted.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Awwww! These two are so cute!

I barely know who they are, and I still ship them.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful exchanges =D= Candid and tender.

19. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701: Thanks for reading and leaving a review. I'm glad you enjoyed it, cowgirl jedi 1701!
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thank you Nyota. I appreciate your ongoing support. You are beacon of encouragement! [:D]

A/N: I'm not sure how mushy this mush turned out to be. However, I mushed have been on to something, because-ack, it sounded better in my head. Anyway, this was born out if the brief, but mushtastic exchange here. I hope the mush is with me and you enjoy.

Freedom

Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla sat across from each other at a small table in the back corner of The Water Fowl restaurant. The name was unfortunate, but word was that the food and service made up for it. The two Specters' faces were faintly lit by the single candle in side a red transparent cup. The Twi'lek's green iris's shown in the flickering light and her gaze was lovingly locked on the man before her. Her hands were in his, on the table, and he and stroked her fingers softly as they sat in silence.

“Do you think we should order?” Hera asked, not wanting to break the spell, but feeling a pang of hunger that would not be denied for long.

“No,” Kanan said, softly. “Not yet. We should relish the moment. The stillness and peace. Being with each other without orders of any kind.”

She smiled at that. “You're right, of course. Being here, in the low light, a candle of all things the only thing between us. It's very romantic. No instrument panels or dirty dishes or kids-”

He took his hand from hers, gently, and reached up to stroke the outer edge or her right lek. She breathed in at the touch, closing her eyes to pleasure of his easy caress.

“Stop that,” he chided, innocently. “I don't want to hear another word about that other place or those other beings. This is about us.” He stroked the lek again and returned his hand to hers.

Though her eyes had been on their hands, they shot up to his. “You keep doing that and we might be asked to leave.”

Kanan pursed his lips and waved a hand dismissively. “For all they know I'm just stroking your hair. Can they see it s a public display of affection? Yes. Do they see it as foreplay? Probably not.”

“Who let you out of the box?” Hera said though a quiet laugh. “A couple of months ago, you were sputtering denials while simultaneously practically leering at me and finding impractical reasons to be around me. Now, you are tossing around words like foreplay. What's gotten into you?”

“Isn't it obvious, Hera,” he said, suddenly buoyant. “It's you. By the Force, you gave me a reason to live, when I was merely surviving. And that was only the beginning. That as before we confessed what each us felt soon after we first met.”

“And, what was that?” she asked, playfully.

“Are you going to make me say it, again?” he replied, feigning annoyance.

“It never gets old and it's only been a few weeks,” she retorted.

“Let me see,” he said, tapping a finger to his lips. “Sexy in action. Sexy at rest. Sexy asleep. Sexy at work. Sexy as mom. Sexy as the seven hells as a Rebel agent. And the most beautiful, intelligent, and clever woman I've ever known as My Love. Did I cover every thing?”

“Everything sexy,” she said, shaking her head in wonder at his sudden lack of inhibition. “Are you okay?”

He shook his head to match hers. “Hera, don't you see? We're alone. No one knows who we are. The others aren't here. There is no present assignment. No intensity. Of that sort, anyway. We are free. For a while anyway. As much as the others know about us, it just isn't right flaunting ourselves in front of them. This is our moment. This is time when we throw caution to the wind; the time that we relish each other and our confession of love. This is freedom. What do you say to that?”

She reached across the table the was barely large enough for her to extend her arms and grabbed two handfuls of his tunic and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Her tongue searched wildly inside his mouth as she pressed her lips onto him with as much pressure as she could muster. She loved this man and the little speech he made set her on fire. The heat rising her within her was something he sparked with the earlier touch of her lekku, but the freedom he spoke of was something she had only thought of in the simplest way. He was right. They needed to relish the moment. She stoked his cheek as they continue to kiss relentlessly. His hands went searching; his fingers pressing into her shoulders, grazing her breast. She knew if he touched her Lekku in this state, in the right place, in the right way, she would lose control. Freedom and loss of control in public were two different things. And as much as she wanted it, she could save it for later. He reach up and she caught his hand lovingly.

“Don't,” she breathed, breaking from their kisses. “Not here.”

Their foreheads met over the candle, its low heat adding to their already kindled flame.

“Okay,” he replied, through numb lips as their hands clasped on each side of the candle cup. “You're right.”

“No, Kanan,” she urged, breathlessly. “You're right. We are free. For a while anyway. We should enjoy each other. I can be so efficient sometimes, so much about making the time, but not enough about enjoying it. Let's eat a delicious meal and take a walk on the streets at night. Let's dance in the park by the lake and make out in the moonlight. Let's kiss each silly, falling thought the our hostel room door and onto the couch...”

She noticed the tenderness in his blue eyes. “You deserve it, you know.”

Her eyes glistened with emotion. “We deserve it.”

He kissed her left eye ever so softly and tasted the salt of her joyful tear. “Are you read to order that delicious meal, My Love?”

“Absolutely.”

The separated reluctantly and opened their menus, looking up, adoringly, ever minute or so, not wanting to ever forget each other in the soft orange of glow of the candlelight.

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It´s amazing that you manage the mush between them in a time of civil war/ guerilla war against the Empire. The motions they go through are those any ordinary couple has: the question of marriage or ordering a meal together. Yet we find ourselves in a galaxy far away and with characters we know so well from the TV cartoon series "Rebels". Well done!

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It´s amazing that you manage the mush between them in a time of civil war/ guerilla war against the Empire. The motions they go through are those any ordinary couple has: the question of marriage or ordering a meal together. Yet we find ourselves in a galaxy far away and with characters we know so well from the TV cartoon series "Rebels". Well done!

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    MELTED! Yup, I'm melted, and I love being in that gooey situation. :) [face_sigh] They're free to be themselves & also to savor the moments together. Those will be cherished treasured memories for sure. And they will be glad they basked when they did. :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    brodiew likes this.
  23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Awww, these two! [face_love] What a sweet, mushtastic restaurant scene for Kanan and Hera, and I can't think of any couple who deserves a moment like this more—a time when no one needs anything from them, no one needs them to be or do anything (space!parents, general, Jedi, captain, pilot, mentor, etc.) other than themselves, and definitely no "orders" other than from a menu. :p And yet as their affectionate gestures escalate, Hera's right, too, that "freedom and loss of control in public were two different things"—and indeed, the time for those other nummy gestures will come soon enough. ;) The mush is with them indeed, and I'd say it was with you, here, too! :D