main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Secret Sister III: Through the Storm - OT, Hoth thru Endor - UPDATED! 3-8-2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SECRETSISTER, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Up you go :)

Sel, I look forward to a time when you are able to grace us with more of your wonderful work. Until then, I'd recommend to anyone stumbling across this that they start at the beginning of your wonderful story and get themselves caught up for your future post ;)

2. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Holy Hoojibs! I actually have something for you after all this time! I can't believe that almost two years have passed since I've posted anything.[face_blush] Anyway, here's a little snippet to make you smile before I get into Shadows of the Empire and Return of the Jedi. I hope you enjoy it. It's good to be back!

---------------------------------------------

CHAPTER I2

?You said you needed to talk to me,? Luke Skywalker began as he caught up with Wedge Antilles in the long passageway from the briefing room to the hangars. The two men passed through the doorway that was incorporated into the cave tunnel, entering the pilot?s lounge.

?Yes.? Wedge confirmed in all seriousness. ?It?s about Lissa??

?Luke! Wait for me!?

Wedge stopped himself from rolling his eyes. Shira?again!

The two men stopped in their tracks and waited for the newest member of Rogue Squadron to catch up to them.

It was all Lissa could do to keep herself from pounding the keyboard with her fists. Instead, she stabbed the ?End Program? tab with one strong index finger.
    A-wings, B-wings, over and over again! I?m sick of studying schematics ? I want to see the REAL THING! When are they coming in? How much longer do we have to wait for these new birds? She sat back on the chair and folded her arms across her chest, frowning at the blank screen in frustration. Her attention was quickly diverted, though, when Luke and Wedge strode into the room, deep in conversation.

That didn?t last long. Shira Bree?s voice echoed off the rock walls of the converted cavern as the petite redhead burst onto the scene and captured Luke Skywalker?s attention. Lissa saw Wedge?s form slump as the intense conversation he was having with Luke came to a screeching halt.

?There she goes again,? Lissa muttered under her breath as she watched the scenario play itself out. ?She walks in and takes over?as always?just like that.? The last part of her complaint came when Lissa saw Shira place a proprietary hand on Luke?s arm while launching into a wheedling request. Luke shook his head in the negative but Shira persisted. At that moment, Princess Leia Organa joined the group, obviously re-enforcing Luke?s refusal and the three continued their progress to the hangar with Wedge following at an ever increasing distance.

Lissa was miffed, not only for Wedge but for herself. Shira Bree had been sent to the Rogues to augment the squadron?s numbers and, upon hearing that the new pilot was female, Lissa?s anticipation at acquiring another ?sister? had risen tremendously. It was not to be so. Although Flight Officer Bree exhibited a shy sort of friendship toward the young teenager, it quickly degenerated into bland acquaintanceship: Shira was much more interested in developing a relationship with Luke Skywalker to the exclusion of everyone else in or related to Rogue Squadron.

Lissa?s disappointment sank even lower when her Boards Master, Bandor Ventrice, and the Crew Chief quietly informed her that she, at Flight Officer Bree?s demand, could not work on that pilot?s star fighter.

?Don?t take it t? heart, Missy,? Bandor had said, ?Th? lady seems t? be th? nervous type and is not used t? seein? younglings workin? at such a demanding task. She?ll come around soon enough.?

?Yeah, sure,? Lissa muttered. She shrugged, trying to pass the insult off as if it had no significance but still, it remained a sore point to her. With a low growl, Lissa hopped off the chair and headed toward the hangar bent on escape to the outside. She stopped long enough to tell Bandor that she needed a break and that she wouldn?t go far.

Even outside in the open air, it took a while for Lissa?s rank mood to dissipate. She wandered down the main path for some time, kicking a stone in front of her, before the sunshine and fresh air lifted her mood. She took a quick turn off the well beaten trail and entered a small clearing, seating herself on an old log and taking a deep breath only to let it

3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post! I always love reading what you've written! Who cares how long it takes inbetween times? :) Can't wait for the next one. Can't wait for others to read this one.

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Yay!!! Such a wonderful post. :)

5. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    It's a wnder Shira didn't put Luke off redheads! I can only imagine Luke teling Wedge he was marrying Mara.

"Luke, don't you remember the last time!" :p

Bravo, Sis. It's great to see your work again. :D

6. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Why, thank you dears! It's good to be back at the writing again. It's been a bit hard since I foolishly made Lissa my character in the RP - she would have been much older than she is there if I had stuck to the fanfic chronology. Oh well.

You know, I was a bit iffy about including the Hoojibs since they come from Stan Lee's comics but I couldn't very well leave out Shira Bree since she is mentioned in 'Visions of the Future'. (by Mara, no less!) And there are icons of Hoojibs, so I guess they are considered 'Canon'. Interesting little buggers....

Anyway, now that I have a quiet house, I'll be able to concentrate and write more. I'll be heading into 'Shadows of the Empire' very soon. Hopefully it won't be long and certainly not two years! :)

Thanks for coming back after all this time. ;)

7. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    =D=

Hurray! I'm so glad that this is back. Even though bloody Shira is in it :p

I can't wait to read more, and even if I wait another two years to read it, I know it'll be good :)

8. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    It's just great to have you again! I hope you will be updating your story... that redhead's gonna cause a lot of trouble, I'm sure, even though to the rest of the world her interest in Luke is quite obviously fake, well,not fake, insincere.

Let's just see how they prevent her from doing too much damage (will the Hoojibs play a role in that?)

9. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Jessie, I don't think I can wait another two years! I want to get this thing done!

Delpo, Unfortunately, no, the little pink bunny people had nothing to do with it. You'll see....

*whispers*

It's Luke...

10. DarthFacetious

DarthFacetious Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 3, 2004
    Well, hurry up already with the next post, Mom!!!!!

*anticipation - building........*

11. Kleinmeister

Kleinmeister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2006
    Having read through the entire story from beginning to end over the course of a week or so, it is my privilege to give this story another "UP!"

:D

12. RainSaber

RainSaber Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2006
    OK, I just read this from part I, and I can't help but wonder: What is it doing so far down?!

It belongs on page 1!!

--Rain Saber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.