main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Secret Warriors - (A Marvel RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Arnold Rosencrantz and Will Guildenstern
    Underground HQ, Undisclosed Location; Briefing Room

The briefing finished, Arnold decided that it was high time he introduce himself to these folks. Not that there was anything particularly fascinating about the year 2009, mind you, but he was in the rather unique position of having a job in this timeline, as opposed to the others. He just hoped he didn't accidentally become his own distant relative. That would've been... well, somewhat entertaining, but mostly weird.

Meanwhile, Will had begun talking with his friend and longtime roommate, Seamus McCurry. "Excitin', inn't?" he asked the Irishman, stretching his arms a bit. "Although a wee bit 'rly for my taste. How're you holdin' up, Shay?"

Arnold eyed the man with a puzzled expression. Of all the characters here, he somehow struck him as the least... noticeable, really. British boy in an overcoat. What was his power? Being Cockney? "Hey you," Arnold called out, indicating Will.

"Can I help ya' Guv?" Will replied, sizing up the other man. He snorted and nearly started to laugh. "You look like the bleedin' Terminatah! [i]Hasta la vista, babs[/i] an' all that!"

"That's... kind of the point..." Arnold replied, mildly agitated. How was it that no one got his sense of stylistic humor? "I'm a [i]time traveler[/i]. Why, just last week I met the 76th President of the United States. Interesting lady. But you, you... don't look like much."

"Me, Guv? Imma polyglot. A gud un' at tha'."

"Oh, really? Do you speak 50th century Martian? *((_*@JKJW?"

"@*()#*@) Will."

"Impressive. So then, Will, who's your friend?"

[b]TAG: Chuk, any[/b]

2. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Secret HQ

How was the Anarctic this time of year?

What the hell?

How was anything at this time in the morning?

Nick had to be kidding about this, but Degree owed the man too much to question him. He would be placed in the Antarctic, which was smart. Degree would be able to keep the team warm. He turned to Spectrum and held out his hand.

"Ready, Spectrum?"

Tag: Winged

3. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    GM Approved

Character Sheet---
    Super-Hero Name: Echo (737)
    Power(s): Invisibility, Enhanced Reflexes, Dexterity and Accuracy, near weightlessnes.
    Place of Birth: Transylvania, Romania
    Where Nick Fury found you: Echo Unit Personal Stealth Embassy (EUPSE)
    Age and Appearance: Sharén is aged 24, and is 6f7" tall, thin and muscular.
    [image=http://www.funreality.com/Game%20Wallpapers/slides/Splinter%20Cell%20series%2010.jpg]

Short Biography: Born in Romania in a slum of Transylvania, his powers came about at an early age, and he was taken in as a son by the Lord of Bran Castle, he was then drafted into the Romanian Special Forces and Counter-Terrorism Group. He then left, having gotten all the training he desired, he set up a personal company where he did assassination and other solo stealth jobs (EUPSE).
    Anything else you?d like to add: He is a very reclusive and morbid person, but follows orders to the letter and can work well in a competent team, his invisibility is not known by anyone but himself and Nick Fury, as his other powers are only enhanced human abilities.

4. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Conner "Phantom" Hummate
    HQ, Briefing Room

"Another mission? Come on, I saved the freaking Earth, I think I paid back my debt to society.? Connor mumbled underneath his breath, while rubbing his afro. The damn thing was the only part of him that seemed familiar to him. The rest just seemed?so alien?to put it mildly. Even after nine years of roaming the Earth in this form, it just didn?t seem right.

Connor sighed, and put his hands in his torn pockets.

?I knew Obama didn?t stand for hope and change. Sure he?s getting us out of Iraq, solving the banking crisis and closing down the Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp, but the idiot is not only keeping the Raft open AND letting the Green Goblin take charge of SHIELD. I know it?s that National Security advisor?s Millar?s idea, but if our new President had any brains, he?d fire the nimrod and throw him out of the street and out of the public eye forever. The idiot was stupid enough to make Bush look smart back when he worked for him and helped write up the Superhuman Registration Act. That man shouldn?t be allowed near a paper or pen let alone a?.? Phantom thought loud enough that it entered everyone in the room could hear it in their mind.

Connor looked around the room nervously; if he had skin he?d be blushing brighter than a traffic light. Coughing into his hand slightly, Connor turned to face the mutant known Ollie Marke, or as Connor liked to refer to him, the flame kid. Like him, the kid had a run in with the law and felt a certain bond with him. The kid might not be here because he was forced to like Hummate was, but he was the only person in this place that probably understood how easy it was to get swept away and become a crook like him.

?If I had known that Norman Osborn would have gotten Employee of the Month when we bailed Earth out from the Skrull invasion, I would just told the Skrull queen to go ahead take it over. We would have all been much better off. I mean yea no more watching the Cubs in Wrigley Field, and they probably would have thrown out reruns of that Seinfeld show, but at least I wouldn?t have to watch a bunch of people applaud when the Green Goblin opens his stupid trap.? Connor said, lifting his hand in the air, clapping up and down in the standard chit chat motion.

TAG: Blu, Group

5. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    IC: Sharén - Underground Complex/Unkown

Sharén watched the rest of the team silently through his night-vision goggles, he sat in the darkest corner of the room, listening to the speech and then the mixed chatter from the other members. He stood a moment later, passsing two other members, one offering gum to the other, he made his way to the leader. "I will go to the Jungle, if that is acceptable, I would be able to use my skills more efficiently there" he looked at the man shrouded in doubt and question.

Tag: GM

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Blaire, Conference Room

Blaire frowned slightly at the man in front of them all. It was early. Once again she pushed her hair back from her face. Her eyelids felt so heavy that she closed them for a few moments, willing them to widen and take in what she wanted to focus them on. She was used to getting up early but not this early. Usually it wasn't even light out yet but way down here you couldn't even tell. Idly Blaire played with the hem of her sleeve, glancing down at it and thinking of the clothes she used to wear. When Nick found her, after the formalities, he gave her some money to buy some new clothes. For being willing to join, he said. Now she had warm, decent clothes. Might be a little showy for some, but suited her just fine. Blaire knew what she liked.

Her attention made it's way back to Nick just as he started to get to the point. Nick went through what he had planned for them and Blaire became curious. How would they do that? It seemed like a huge job for anyone. How would her simple ability of moving things with her mind help? What would she be called to face there? She slid a glance around at the others to see what their reactions were but didn't get much of a read. When Nick was finished speaking, the man standing next to her said, "want a piece?" And he held out some gum to her. Looking up at the man, she smiled a little and accepted a piece without a word.

TAG: Reynar, Dubya, anyone

7. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Seamus's current sunglasses except the lenses are much darker, almost opaque black in appearance.

Seamus ?Shay? McCurry alias Ohgma
    Secret Head Quarters

Seamus was? almost paying attention as Fury spoke. One good thing about his sun glasses was that no one could see where his eyes were really roaming. Currently they were focused on the girl with blue hair. Sure, the other female members were attractive, but the blue hair was rather impressive. He fought trying to remember her name. He knew she had an Iron Man-esq suit, but the name kept slipping away from him.

Seamus hardly noticed as Fury left, making a quick mental note that they had to meet at 0600, and wasn?t paying attention when his best friend spoke to him. "Excitin', inn't?" he asked, stretching his arms a bit. "Although a wee bit 'rly for my taste. How're you holdin' up, Shay?"

?Wha???? Shay asked as he brought his attention around to his friend, sadly remove his gaze from the girl?s face. He took a moment and went back over the random sounds he had heard a moment before, his brain working to add meaning to them. It clicked, and he spoke. ?Oh, righ?. Excitin?, yeah. I?m a wee bit bored, but holdin? up.? As he finished and was about to ask about Will, a strange figure decided to speak to them, the time traveler, if Seamus remembered correctly.
    Shay didn?t listen much as the two spoke. They exchanged introductions, really, and then spoke some in Martian. Will would. Eventually, the terminator spoke? well, not to Shay, per se, but referred to him.

"Impressive. So then, Will, who's your friend?

?The name?s Seamus McCurry, friend.? His strong Irish accent told where he was from, so he felt little need to specify directly. Shay glanced down over the top of his sunglasses at the time traveler. ?Arn?t ya? rather retro for a bloke from the fut?re?? He said, in regard to the man?s Arnold-Terminator look.

TAG: Ramza, others

8. DarthMessiah00

DarthMessiah00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2009
    IC: Maseno Kibaki
    -HQ

Maseno, turned to her right, almost sure she was being watched. Not entirely sure, but still, everybody had a slight sixth sense about these things. Her?s was going through the roof. Not that it mattered.

The only thing that was really swimming around her mind, the only thing that demand her attention was one word. Osborn.

He was the whole reason she joined this team, he and what he stood for. Though this action was about the same as spitting in his face, she would GLADLY do that. She might not have joined this team for revenge, but it still felt good getting it, even if it was petty revenge.

The advent of the mission had her blood pumping but that was exactly a good thing, as she thought as she turned to a small trio of smaller of younger men. She needed to calm down, and they were a lot more approachable then Gods or talking skeletons, to say the least.

?If I remember you can speak to machines, isn?t right Will?? Maseno said, hands on her hips, swinging her head sideways to indicate GEARHEAD, witch lay prone at a dark corner in the room briefly. ?Does that mean, you can read all the programming in GEARHEAD right?? she asked with a small smile on her face.

It would be quite impressive if the kid could read all the little programing jokes she had inserted inside, like the spread sheet they had for the Super Bowl and the quotes from Monty Python. Programmers had a little to much freetime in her opinion, and that did include her.

TAG: CHUCKLES, Darth Ramza, Group

9. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Beyers Blesbok AKA Spectrum

Bey watched silently as Fury went through his charistically enigmatic briefing. And as soon as he was finished, the other team members couldn't keep their beks shut. They were like kids when their teacher leaves the classroom.

It was Degree who spoke to Bey first, turning to the man with a hand outstretched.

"Ready, Spectrum?"

"Something like that," replied Beyers, ignoring the hand and deciding to light himself a cigarette instead. It was then that Phantom leaned over, blabbing away to the pair about his politics or something.

?If I had known that Norman Osborn would have gotten Employee of the Month when we bailed Earth out from the Skrull invasion, I would just told the Skrull queen to go ahead take it over. We would have all been much better off. I mean yea no more watching the Cubs in Wrigley Field, and they probably would have thrown out reruns of that Seinfeld show, but at least I wouldn?t have to watch a bunch of people applaud when the Green Goblin opens his stupid trap.?

"Whatever you say, bru," said Beyers, taking a deep drag from his cigarette. "Osborn did nicely, huh? Smart man, if you ask me."

Tag: blubeast, ManInBlack, others in the room

10. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Connor "Phantom" Hummate
    HQ, Briefing Room

"Whatever you say, bru," said Beyers, taking a deep drag from his cigarette. "Osborn did nicely, huh? Smart man, if you ask me."

"He's smart but that not we Fury is the second bananna now, its just while we where playing checkers, he was playing chess. Its easily to stab someone in the back if you have a dagger tapped to your hand, and the other guy sleeps face first on his pillow. No he ain't that smart, we're just that dumb." Connor said sharply turining to face where Fury was a few moments ago.

"The man's a sociopath. I mean I've done bad things, really bad things. But compared to Osborn I'm a saint. Last time I checked shooting someone in the face, then gettign shoot in the face was bad enough to be forced to join a second rate superhero team or go to a jail with freaks that make me look damn right handsome in comparsion, so when did dressing up like a Goblin and throwing teenage girls of bridges and throwing pumpkin shaped bombs in the middle of crowds let you have dinner with the Presdient and a nice comfy Goverment job, with the perks of said job being the leader of the biggest Intellgience Network in the world. The man derserves a striaght jacket, but a medal of freedom." Connor said grimmly

TAG: Wing, group

OOC: I'm not actually agianst the REAL Obama btw, that was a thinly veiled jab at Mark Millar the man who ruined Iron Man and Captain Amercia in the Civil War crossover...and by extension Marvel's Obama for still allowing the Superhuman Registration act, with like all Metahuman laws have been estbalished to symbolize racism in the Marvel universe...and then hiring Osborn. Marvel's Obama is a big jerk.

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Tanaka Kaito / Susano-o
    Headquarters

Kaito leaned slightly against the back wall of the briefing room, listening to Fury's debriefing. If there was a mortal in this world that he had instant respect for, it was Nick Fury. The man had the kind of history that legends are made of. In the future, when the current lives are as distant as those of the Romans, Greeks, Aztec, and ancient Japanese, when the super-men and women of today are looked upon as gods of their time, he will be a being not unlike those great generals of myths both east and west.

There was only one item that continued to frustrate Kaito. That was the mentioning of Skrulls. Skrulls, skrulls, skrulls. The members of this team had been initially brought together in order to combat that alien race of shape-shifters. Many varied types of heroes and villains had joined together for that battle. In fact his own pantheon's god of evil perished in order to destroy the Skrull gods, a fact in which Susano-o found both honor and relief.* It had been a difficult battle, but it was over. The skrulls were gone except for those few who remained powerless and scattered. They were no longer any threat and, frankly, Kaito was sick and tired of hearing the name.

The mission briefing, however, quickly turned to the serious tasks at hand. Two teams, each infiltrating former SHIELD bases. He didn't particularly care which team he was on. Neither environment held much sway over him, and he doubted he'd be needed for weather manipulation in either climate. No, his skills would be in his strength, durability, and speed. He was thankful that his sister had seen fit to return the Grasscutter Sword, Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, to his possession upon his return to honor. It had aided him greatly against the Skrulls. Wherever he was sent was fine by him, and 0600 couldn't come fast enough.

Never being one for too many pleasantries after a briefing, he much preferred to meet with his teammates within the peaceful confines of his quarters, he returned to his room in order to prepare for the coming mission. His quarters were perhaps the most peaceful one would find in the base. Set up as a makeshift shrine dedicated to himself, he had modified it to include a small pond as well as a few other amenities of home. The soft sounds of clanging bamboo could be heard echoing through the room as he knelt in front of the shrine and poured a cup of sake for those he was about to speak with.

"<<Honored Father, we are about to begin a mission beyond those accursed aliens. You were correct in your assumption, it does appear that this Fury is more worth our time and honor than those Olympians. It was wise of you to send Mikaboshi to his death, allowing us to reclaim that which he stole from us in his murder of Zeus.** It is with great honor and respect that I report to you the news which you have requested of me.>>"

After explaining the situation amongst the Secret Warriors to Izanagi-no-Mikoto, Kaito released his mortal form and replaced it with his actual countenance. With Kaito abandoned for the moment, Susano-o quietly made his way towards the control room."

TAG: Any

* --See Incredible Hercules #117-120 for the story on the God Squad and why Mikaboshi may not actually be dead.
    -Continuity BaSSiL

**-- See Ares: God of War #1-5 for Mikaboshi's war on Olympus.
    -Continuity BaSSiL

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: For the record, since Norman Osborn was appointed in December of 2008, that would make him another Bush appointee. Just throwing that out there.:p

IC: Arnold Rosencrantz and Will Guildenstern

It was official: No one got his sense of humor. Arnold sighed, and asked himself the same question he often found himself asking: Why hadn't he gone with the [i]Back to the Future[/i] look? "It's a sort of... joke... see, since I'm a time traveler and the Terminator travels back in time and... Oh, forget it." He walked over to Seamus and offered a hand shake. Will, it seemed, had decided his time could be spent more properly introducing himself to the women of the group. Not that Arnold could blame him, of course. "Name's Arnold Rsoencrantz, time traveler. I'm from Mars. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Seamus. Dare I inquire as to your field of specialty?"

Will, being both a self-declared "Proper English gent" and something of a ladies man, decided to take the woman with the powersuit up on her offer. "Figure I can'm. Ne'er met a program I coul'n't read, a' least." He walked over to the machine and made a waving gesture with both hands about a foot from the device. "Lessee... transforming capabilities, quite a bi' o' fire power, and... wait, wait, wait. String label 'Crunchy frog'?" He snickered a bit. "I do b'lieve your a Pyth'nite, marm. And... somethin' o' a Yank foo'ball fan." Will shook his head in amused awe. He could read code, any code, but programming itself was not in his range of aptitude. He was always amazed at what people could pull off these days.

He turned to face the woman. "Impressive bit o' codin', Miss...?"

[b]TAG: Chuk, DarthMessiah, any[/b]

13. deathwisp0R

deathwisp0R Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    ic: as reticle

reticle listened to NICK FURY?s briefing on the assignments and hoping for the antarctic assignment opened his case of sniper rifles and took his British made L118A1 arctic sniper rifle

(( [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7f/G22_ohne_Schalldaempfer.jpg/180px-G22_ohne_Schalldaempfer.jpg]
    [except white].))

Out of the case. And checked its ammo and cleaned it before back strapping it and closed and locked his case of rifles. After all of this was done reticle assessed his team mates. Some of which he heard of or saw but none he could say were ?allies?...yet. But then something triggered his ?sniper sense?, a instinct his instructors explained that made a sniper notice things he normally wouldn?t and assess them quickly. What he saw was a man in the darkest corner of the room with the distinct glow of night vision goggles. His first thought was intruder! But then another thought struck him: that would mean he would have to know of the meeting. Circumvent all of the security measures, hide from what ever powered individuals were here, himself and from nick fury. No this must be a member of the team. A very clever member at least. One worthy of his respect. With that in mind reticle approached him in the corner and whispered ?nice hiding soldier. Your quite the stealthy little sneak.?

TAG: Master_Dmentae

14. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Isi/Walker

Isi stayed quiet during the briefing and the general chit-chat which followed. She hadn't played a part in the Skrull Invasion, Fury had found her by chance after the incident with the mugger. She didn't feel in the same league as some of the powers here. Like the guy who looked like he walked out of a samurai movie and the ghoul-type guy, both seemed a little intense.
    "I don't mind which team I'm in," she spoke up, "I can be of use in either environment, jungle or ice."
    She looked over at the others. A couple seemed no older than kids.

TAG: any

15. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Secret HQ

Spectrum shrugged him off, but that was obviously a hello. Degree lowered his hand and stood oddly for a moment. He had nowhere to put his hands; he felt awkward. He folded his arms and smiled and nodded at Phantom's rant about the government.

"I'm actually new to the politics thing. No doubt, though, the next few weeks will be interesting." He stretched his arms for the mission and also because his shoulder was aching and had been for awhile. "Kind of a turnaround for us to be working for...or, uh, with the government, huh?"

Tag: MiB, Winged

16. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Seamus "Shay" McCurry alias Ohgma
    Secret Base

Shay listened as the man lamely tried to fill him in on the joke. He didn't smile. After giving up, the man extended his hand and introduced himself, inquiring as to Seamus' field of specialty. Shay decided to start off with, "No, sir, I got the connecti'n. It jus' wasn't funny." He shook the man's hand, and moved on. "I'm proficient in most forms o' hand t' hand combat. I dabble in knife fightin' and marksmanship. My power though... well, I c'n create and control waves of energy. Kinetic energy. It's rather hard to..." He trailed off as he spotted Will flirting with the girl he'd been eyeing.

Seamus wasn't sure how he felt about that. He certainly had no dibs or anything, but still...... the slight smile that had crossed his face fell, and he decided to do something about this situation. "Here, let me show ya'." With that, he flicked his wrist and sent a slight wave of energy flying towards his friend's feet, hoping to trip him up. "I can do all sor's of things with it, not jus' practical jokes."

Seamus seemed to turn his attention away from Will, but he was still watching out of the corner of his eye to see if he fell. Meanwhile, he decided to carry on with the conversation. "Ya' see, when I was a lad, I got radiated and such, and it changed my genetic makeup. Or somethin' like that. Tha' day's a little fuzzy. So, wha' are ya', mutant or somethin' diff'rnt?"

TAG: Ramza, others

OOC: Hope you don't mind Ramza. :p And, just an aside, it's difficult typing in an accent.....

17. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Beyers Blesbok AKA Spectrum

Phantom ranted about Osborne for a moment, before Degree responded.

"I'm actually new to the politics thing. No doubt, though, the next few weeks will be interesting...Kind of a turnaround for us to be working for...or, uh, with the government, huh?"

"Ja, I suppose," replied Bey, shrugging his shoulders. "I served the South African government for a while myself. It's all work in the end, right? Just another job for people like us. But we're wasting time, huh? Time for us to trek. I don't know what these guys are doing standing chatting like girls before prom."

He made his way towards the door, lighting up another cigarette and glancing disdainfully at the rest of the team.

Tag: blubeast, ManInBlack, any others

18. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    OOC: One thing I wanted to add about this character that I didn't think of until last night. He is going to have a tendency to walk a fine line between breaking the law and enforcing it, in most cases this will mean getting a bit rough with criminals. He will do what is needed for the greater good, if that means breaking the law at times to achieve his goals so be it.

IC: Tobias Bach, aka Trickster
    Underground HQ ? Undisclosed Location ?
    Briefing Room ? 0530 hours

Tobias was no stranger to briefings, especially those given by Nick. They had worked together before, though it was a few years back. Having been an agent he was familiar with the process, and where ever Nick sent him was fine with him.

He was more interested in his fellow team members, and as he sat there watching them he was taking measure of each. His hand absently came up to brush away a few stray locks of hair as he listened to some of the assorted conversations, sure he had read the briefings on each of them but this was his first time meeting any of them personally.

Tobias trusted Nick, people could say what they wanted of the man...but there was nobody else in this world he trusted as much. Nick was his boss, and come hell or high water he would proudly stand beside him.

TAG: Dubya, other Secret Warriors...

19. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Secret HQ

Letting out a dry "ha", Degree followed Spectrum to the door, nudging Phantom to do the same. It was not that he disliked the guy, but he carried the "I don't care" demeanor; he did not want to be alone with him.

"They're just getting to know each other." Degree stopped at the door and leaned against the wall. He yawned, then wiped the water out of his eyes, then yawned again. It was way too early.

Tag: Winged, Phantom

20. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Updated roster:

* Blink - Blaire Pennington - telekinesis (BultarSwan)
    * Cryptologist - William "Will" Guildenstern - read and decipher languages, codes, and computer programming (darthramza)
    * Degree - Ollie Marke - fire and heat manipulation (blubeast1237)
    * Echo (737) - Sharén Aravii - invisibility, enhanced reflexes, dexterity and accuracy (Master_Dmentae)
    * Enigma - Kyle Savant - shapeshifter (Reynar_Tedros)
    * Flashback - Arnold Rosencrantz - time travel (darthramza)
    * Gearhead - Maseno Kibaki - robotics and power suit (DarthMessiah00)
    * Oghma - Seamus ?Shay? McCurry - control of kinetic energy (Chukles38)
    * Phantom - Connor Hummate - immortal, intangibility, density manipulation, telekinesis, minor telepathy, flight, invisibility (TheManinBlack)
    * Reticle - Abe Wilkinson - enhanced reflexes, eyesight, speed, and hand-eye coordination (deathwisp0R)
    * Spectrum - Beyers Blesbok - alter perception of colors (Winged_Jedi)
    * Susanoo - Tanaka Kaito - weather manipulation, flight, super speed, strength, durability, stamina, energy manipulation (BartSimpson-SithLord)
    * Trickster - Tobias Bach - telekinesis and telepathy (Despised1)
    * Walker - Isi "Izzy" Chambers - shapshifter (Twinky_Stryder)

[b]IC: Nick Fury
    Briefing Room[/b]

As he made his way toward the door, Fury was keeping an eye on the people in the room. He was mentally analyzing how they acted and how they all got along together. When he reached the door, the team member called Echo approached him from the shadowy corner. [i]"I will go to the Jungle, if that is acceptable, I would be able to use my skills more efficiently there."[/i]

Fury nodded. "Not a problem. I know your skills will be put to good use."

While Reticle walked up and spoke to Echo, Fury took a quick glance back toward the rest of the team in the room, again making some mental notes. He also overheard talk of the President becoming friends with Norman Osborn.

Fury knew that the President, whether it was the 43rd or 44th, was only doing what he thought was best for the country. Nick Fury, of course, thought differently. He had experienced enough in his lifetime that he knew things that even the government had no knowledge about.

[b]TAG: Echo, Reticle, any others...[/b]

21. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    IC: Sharén (Echo) - Underground Bunker

Sharén took in the words of their leader, and then turned to his attention to the other man "One, i'm not a soldier, and two? Its not sneaking, thank you. That is a derogative term in my line of work" he paused, assessing the other "hero" I take it you have had military training?" he asked, quite respectively. What is your role, and i assume you have 'powers' as the rest seem to call them. May i ask what they are?" he finished, pulling his nightvision goggles up onto his forehead.

Tag: Reticule/Reticle

OOC: the 737 in my hero name is just a private matter, he's reffered to as Echo please.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: Oh, it's on now, Chuk!:p And totally agreed on the accent part.

IC: Arnold Rosencrantz, alias FLASHBACK

Arnold chuckled a bit as he watched Will drop to the ground in a rather comedic fashion. "That's very impressive, Seamus, very impressive. Sometimes I wish I had that kind of ability myself. Have to rely on old Rosebud here almost exclusively," he continued, patting his gun. "As for where I got my powers from... don't know. I was just five years old when I made my first warp, maybe I've always been able to. From what I've seen firsthand, though, that's not usually the way that mutant abilities pop up, so that isn't it, and I don't think its radiation due to the Cold Fusion Revolution of the late 2800s, not to mention the Nuclear Arms ban of 2360..."

"Huh. Never really thought about it before." He rubbed his chin, considering this line of thought. "Oh well. So, this Fury fellow we're working for... he a big name during this time period? This is my first jaunt to the early 21st, you see..."

TAG: Chuk

[i][b]IC: Will Guildenstern, alias Cryptologist[/b]
    Underground HQ, Undisclosed Location; Briefing Room[/i]

Unfortunately for the young man, Will had shifted nearly all of his weight to his right foot because of the manner in which he had turned, and so when something rather hard collided with his ankle he went down without much warning. "Cor blimey!" he cried out before his arms smacked against the pavement, only barely able to avert his face in time. Fantastic time to make a fool of himself, right in front of the lady. Of course, he was usually pretty solid on his feet, so how...?

Seamus.

Making a mental note to pay his energy-hurling chum back for that one some day, he got back on his feet and dusted his overcoat off. "Heh, sorry 'bout tha'm. Tha's the trouble wi' 'ese lingui'ics powahs, not a lot o' benefits when i'comes to balancin' and wot all," he explained with a laugh.

[b]TAG: DarthMessiah, Chuk[/b]

23. deathwisp0R

deathwisp0R Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    IC: reticle

"One, I?m not a soldier, and two? Its not sneaking, thank you. That is a derogative term in my line of work I take it you have had military training?" "What is your role, and i assume you have 'powers' as the rest seem to call them. May i ask what they are?"
    " you have the posture of a soldier and unlike most of the people here you seem to use conventional techniques and equipment. This led me to believe you?re a 'real' agent or soldier.
    And I called it sneaking because you were noticed. And as for my powers , i just have good senses. Artificial they may be but there good. And as for role" reticle tapped the sniper rifle on his back. " I?m a sniper. And a good one"

tag: Echo

24. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Blaire Pennington aka Blink, conference room

As Blaire looked around the room, she noticed one man who was just sitting there doing nothing. He seemed to be looking around too and Blaire caught his eye momentarily then turned her gaze away. She swept a fall of her hair out of her face and turned back to the man who had given her a piece of gum. Finally giving him her full attention she looked down momentarily and then up at his face.

"My name's Blaire. You can call me Blink." Blaire quickly looked away from his eyes. Although they were covered with sunglasses, she wasn't sure if she wanted to see them, even behind the glasses. Blaire shifted from one foot to the other and wondered which mission she would be called to do. She hoped it was in the jungle. More things to manipulate with her mind and a lot less cold.

TAG: Reynar, Despised1, Dubya

25. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Nick Fury

While Echo and Reticle conversed, Fury stepped through the door and out into the hallway. The voices got more faint as we continued. Soon, all he could hear was the step he took in his combat boots against the floor, the sound echoing off the bare, metal walls.

He came to a door with no handle that was flush with the walls. He looked at the glowing square that was embedded in the metal next to the door. He placed his hand on the glowing pad, which was approximately 12 inches on each side. There was a clicking sound and then a "WHOOSH" as the door slid upward disappearing into the ceiling. He walked through and the door slid closed.

His private office.

The rather large room was completely empty except for a desk and a chair. Fury sat and looked at the laptop computer that sat on the desk. He stared at the old S.H.I.E.L.D. screensaver for a few moments before tapping the spacebar.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. logo faded and the screen showed a 3 dimensional blueprint-type layout of the two secret bases his team was to infiltrate. With one mouse-click, the 3D models shrink down and small pictures popped up on the right side of the screen, each one of a different team member.

He sighed, hoping he had made the right choices this time.

TAG: no one in particular...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.