main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Secret Warriors - (A Marvel RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Secret HQ

He awoke to the marching of feet, to which he assumed symbolized that they were about to leave. He hopped up from the floor, rubbing his face and walking into the teleportation room. Giving Nick a thumbs up as he heard the line up for the Antarctic, Degree stepped up into his circle and stretched again. He begin to raise the temperature around his body, making him warm, but waking him up.

The Antarctic was cold and it would only be colder than he imagined it to be because he was tired. Nevertheless, now not only did they have to possibly worry about outside threats, the compound itself would be dangerous. Laced with booby traps probably built by Fury. That would help them though.

Degree stopped speculating. It was too early for that. He turned to the side, seeing Enigma step up, talking to one of the girls. He had not met the kid yet, though they would probably get along. The young man was more interested that Phantom was going with them. He would bring the conversation.

"Phantom, do you even need clothes? You're a skeleton." That made him laugh as he yawned again.

Tag: MiB, Team Antarctic

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Beyers Blesbok AKA Spectrum
    Underground HQ, Undisclosed Location; Briefing Room

Fury pulled a cigar out from inside his trench coat and lit it. There were a series of vents and air ducts designed to pull the smokey air out of the underground base. Which allowed Fury to continue his bad habit. And Bey wasn't exactly unhappy about it either. He pulled out another cigarette and leaned against the wall.

So he was going to Mexico. Hot.

He stepped up onto the transporter grid, quickly checking his guns- a standard Vektor R4 assault rifle and a custom-made Beretta Stampede revolver- and turned to the rest of the group.

"Why don't you stop dossing around and hurry up?" he called. "I'd like to leave sometime this year."

Tag: The Secret Warriors

3. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry for the delay. I would have posted yesterday, but I got too busy and didn't even get a chance to go on-line. Anyway... Here we go!

[b]IC: ...

Fury hit the button. The transporter pad lit up and then flashed. Within a split-second, the team found themselves surrounded by jungle with the hot sun filtering down through the trees. Just ahead of them was the face of the temple they saw on the screens back at HQ.

There was a 6-foot wall that extended deeper into the dense jungle that encircled the large temple. The top of the Aztec pyramid could be seen over the wall, poking up over the treetops. There were many carvings and other Aztec artifacts along the ancient wall...but there didn't appear to be any way through it.

[b]TAG: Mexico Team ... (Blink, Echo, Reticle, Flashback, Oghma, Spectrum, Trickster)[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: ...

Fury hit the button. The transporter pad lit up and then flashed. Within a split-second, the team found themselves in sub-zero temperatures surrounded by nothing but snow. There was snow on the ground as well as blowing around in the air. As a matter of fact, the weather was so bad that the sky was white with snow, and visibility was awful.

But off in the distance, roughly 100 yards, a thin gray, horizontal stripe could be seen. Upon closer inspection, one would find that it was the entrance to the underground bunker...with it's only door sealed shut.

[b]TAG: Antarctica Team ... (Cryptologist, Degree, Enigma, Gearhead, Phantom, Susano-o, Walker)[/b]

4. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Jungle, Mexico

Beyers stepped nonchalantly towards the wall, one hand on the revolver at his side, and surveyed it briefly.

"It's bloody hot," he muttered, wiping his brow and turning to others. "Careful, okay. Could be anyone round here watching us. And there doesn't seem to be any way through the wall...Blink, how good's your telekinesis? Can you lift us over it?"

He held up a warning hand.

"Wait a moment though, huh?"

He dug around in the mud and picked up a couple of fairly large sticks, hurling them directly over the wall, to try and trigger any motion-sensitive defenses that might be in place above it.

Tag: Dubya_Scott, Mexico Team

5. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: ...

The sticks were tossed over the wall and fell to the ground. With the exception of a few bugs burrowing into the dirt, nothing happened.

TAG: Mexico team...

6. deathwisp0R

deathwisp0R Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    ic: reticle
    location mexico

" after being teleported to the ruins reticle called up what he remembered about the area and said " i think you guys should go into the temple me and echo will cover your exit." With that reticle pointed at echo and then the hill near by. He then activated his optic camo and trudged up the hill.

Tag: mexico team

7. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Sorry to drop off the face of the earth, y'all. I jsut got caught up, but ahve to get back to work, so expect a post either later tonight or tomorrow.

8. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Isi/Walker
    Antarctica

The teleportation made her insides flip over.
    "Well that was....... weird."
    The bodysuit she had on had been in her quarters when she arived at Nick Fury's base. It seemed to be able to stay on her when she changed, which definately made it more convienient to change.
    "Ok, let's make sure to stay together. Although I hope you won't think me a bad team mate if I spend the journey in animal form."
    Without waiting for a reply Isi changed into the form of an artic fox, it made the cold more bearable. Sitting on her hind legs, she waited for the others to be ready to move out.

TAG: Artic team.

9. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for the delay, didn't have much time at all at the end of last week and early this week. I had a martial arts test to prepare for. [face_dancing]

PS: To those who spoke to Trickster, he would have replied if I had been able to post...but as he didn't I am going to make him seem like a total jerk to explain why no discussion came of your attempts.

Tobias Bach aka: Trickster
    Mexico, undisclosed jungle location

Tobias waited silently as the time passed before eventually the teams were made and each was respectively teleported to their mission locations, though some had spoken to him while they waited Tobias remained quiet. Often times he was viewed as being a jerk, or arrogant, though both were probably true he didn't mind. His purpose here was to exact justice and keep safe the innocents of the world, not to engage in idle chit-chat.

Once the team selected for the jungle mission was sent off to do their work, Tobias finally became a bit more animated and willing to discuss the business at hand. He listened carefully as it was suggested that Blink lift them telekinetically over the way, which in his opinion left them open to be spotted or even worse targeted. After a handful of sticks were tossed over the wall it was clear that there wasn't any obvious traps set, though it was possible that a silent alarm had been set off....and knowing how SHIELD works it would be smarter to assume that was the case.

After a moment more to consider the options, Tobias had decided that since the element of surprise was probably already blown they had best make haste and move quickly to their destination. "Is going over the wall really the wisest course of action?" He asked the one known as Spectrum, the tone in his voice was obviously condescending toward the man. "We don't even know who or what is on the other side yet, wouldn't some RECON be prudent...unless of course you would be so kind as to volunteer to be the first to rush blindly into what could possibly be hostile ground." He looked at Spectrum as he spoke, "I for one would rather know what danger lurks beyond that wall before putting my life at risk." He finished with a arrogant smirk.

With that said, Tobias opened up his mind and tried to discern with his limited telepathy if there was any other human minds present besides the team. Granted this would not give him their thoughts nor would it tell him if there was automated defenses present, but it would help to define the threats they would face this day.

Tag: Dubya_Scott, Mexico Team

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: ...

Tobias opened up his mind and tried to discern with his limited telepathy if there was any other human minds present besides the team.

No human minds were found, aside from the team. Plenty of jungle creatures, but no humans.

TAG: Trickster, Mexico team...

11. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Antarctica

The teleportation had occured so quickly, that Degree did not even notice the difference until a few seconds afterwards. Without even needing to be told, Degree raised the temperature around the group, melting incoming flurries and creating a mildly hot barrier.

He began walking forward toward the base. He did not see anything and Nick said there would be little to no resistance, so the man only approached with the according caution. Which, Degree thought, was none.

Tag: Antarctica

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Arnold Rosencrantz, alias FLASHBACK
    Mexico

Arnold looked to the left, then to his right, and then to his left again. "Fantastic base..." he grumbled, clearly agitated. "I swear, if Fury's set us up, I'm outta' here. In about five hundred years this place is settled in nearly every timeline I've been to. I'll hitch a ride back to... I dunno, New York or something, and then it's smooth sailing." He kicked a lose stick at the side of the wall.

"Y'know, I was here when this thing was built, and... I honestly don't remember if this wall was here or not." He didn't want to chance time traveling, not yet at least. Aztecs had a nasty habit of attacking people who suddenly appeared in the middle of town as it was. "Seamus, you got any ideas?"

TAG: Chuk, Mexico Group

[i][b]IC: Will Guildenstern, alias Cryptologist[/b]
    Antarctica[/i]

Will found himself, suddenly, deep in the wilds of frozen Antarctica... and a bit overheated. Apparently one of the team members had heat manipulation powers, and that was proving beneficial indeed. He took his overcoat off and slung it over his shoulder.

"So... erm... where d'you suppose everyone is...?" he wondered aloud, glancing around in all directions, hoping to spot someone.

[b]TAG: Antarctica Group[/b]

13. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Blink, Mexico

Blink walked to the transporter pad after the other group had gone. What a strange way to travel. She got on the pad and waited with the others until they were suddenly transported to Mexico, right next to a giant wall that was part of the Aztec city. The air was heavy and exotic, the scents alluring. All around her stood the rest of the group.

"Careful, okay. Could be anyone round here watching us. And there doesn't seem to be any way through the wall...Blink, how good's your telekinesis? Can you lift us over it?"

She had been about to answer when another guy made a big deal about needing to do some recon instead of rushing in blindly. She watched as some sticks were thrown over the wall and waited for something to happen. When nothing did, she offered, "Yeah, I can do that. I can lift myself too."

TAG: Mexico Team; Dubya

14. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Dubya Approved!

[b]Real Name:[/b] Agostinho César Bandeira Machado
    [b]Super-Hero Name:[/b] Tempestade
    [b]Power(s):[/b] The ability to transform his body into sand. He can also control this ability to transform only body parts into sand.
    [b]Place of Birth:[/b] Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    [b]Where Nick Fury found you:[/b] Tenochtitlan, Mexico
    [b]Age and Appearance:[/b] Agostinho is twenty-three years old and very healthy. His body reflects his diet, as he is extremely lean and muscular with around four-five percent body fat. He is about 5?11?? and has very tan skin. His hands are calloused and his face is worn.
    [b]Short Biography:[/b] Agostinho grew up to a very poor family in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He grew up in one of the many favelas that existed in or around the city. These favelas were extremely dangerous and Agostinho became accustomed to murder and crime from a young age. His father trained him in the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from a young age and Agostinho used this knowledge to protect himself from any dangers that he found in the favelas.

Many cruise ships travel through the port at Rio de Janeiro and Agostinho managed to smuggle himself aboard a cruise ship destined for Europe. This is when he discovered his power as he was able to conceal himself in the storage areas of the ship. After landing in England he traveled to Portugal, where he fit in and was able to go unnoticed throughout the streets. Now he treks across the world, trying to find his purpose.

[b]Anything else you?d like to add:[/b] Agostinho is a very passive-aggressive individual. He doesn?t talk much and is a people watcher. He remembers the actions and words that are said to him or people he cares about and will not stop to seek revenge.
    [hr]
    [b]Agostinho Machado aka Tempestade[/b]
    [i]Tenochtitlan, Mexico[/i]

[b]Agostinho[/b] trekked through the forest, slashing at the brush with his machete. He had recently arrived in Mexico from Houston, Texas, and was walking to his hometown of Rio de Janeiro. The jungles and ancient Mexican culture had always interested Agostinho when he was a kid, so he decided that he would explore this area of the world before continuing through Central and South America.

As Agostinho managed his way through the dense brush, he thought he began to hear voices. [i]I must be going crazy.[/i] Luckily, he heard it again and shook the ridiculous thoughts out of his head. It sounded like a medium group of people, but why so far away from civilization? Agostinho thought he was the only one who would dare to venture this far out into the thick jungle.

He quickly strapped the machete to his back and began to sneak through the trees towards the voices. It took some concentration, but Agostinho was able to manage quite easily and came to a large opening with a group of what seemed to be seven people from very different backgrounds standing in front of a large ancient temple. [i]Maybe it?s one of those church outings,[/i] he thought as he peeked in closer.

One of them started to throw sticks over the wall while the others began to discuss different strategies. He was confused and didn?t know why there was such a unique group of people so far out in the forest. Without so much as a second thought Agostinho sauntered from the forest towards the group of people, waving his arms and saying ?Olá, olá!?

[b]TAG: Mexico team, Dubya[/b]

15. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Jungle, Mexico

"Recon?" asked Bey, narrowing his eyes at Bach. "I'm not going to rush blindly anywhere, doos. But there's no way through, so we go over. Got that, huh? So why don't you wipe that smirk off your face and shut your bek?"

Arnold piped up with his thoughts, and then Blink confirmed that she was able to lift them all over the wall. Beyers was about to suggest, in defiance of Trickster, that she do exactly that, when-

?Olá, olá!?

Bey swivelled on the spot and raised his revolver, aiming directly at the head of the tanned man who had just approached them.

"Yoh!" exclaimed Bey in surprise. "Bloody locals...don't move! Put your hands in the air NOW or I shoot, you understand? I shoot!"

Tag: Mandeillord, Despised, Bultar, Ramza, Mexico Team

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: To get things moving a little...

IC: Nick Fury

Perfect. He managed to override the system without any problems. Fury sat in the control room at HQ typing away at the computer, keying in commands for the base in Antarctica.

- - -

Meanwhile, in the snow-covered Antarctica, a PA loud speaker came to life just above the door in the bunker. Through the horrible weather, Fury's voice could be heard coming over the speaker. "Hello, team." His voice was faint in the heavy winds. "I've hacked into the system so I can talk to you from headquarters through this PA system."

- - -

Back at HQ, Fury could see the team standing in the snow outside the bunker on one of his monitors. He leaned in toward the microphone again. "I also have a visual of you through the base's hidden cameras. Wave if you can acknowledge this message." He needed to know if he could communicate with his team.

TAG: Antarctica people...

17. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Agostinho Machado aka Tempestade
    Tenochtitlan, Mexico

What Agostinho thought was a friendly greeting apparently angered one of the members of the group as they already had a gun trained at his head. Well they aren?t a church group, he thought as he stopped in his tracks.

?Bloody locals? don?t move! Put your hands in the air NOW or I shoot, you understand? I shoot!? The man shouted at him, apparently not knowing the difference between Portuguese and Spanish. Agostinho decided that he was going to capitalize on this mistake and only a slight smirk betrayed his inner joy. He obeyed and raised his arms well above his head before beginning to speak.

?Sorry, very sorry. I live close here. Saw you in trees. I know land very well. I show temple... free of charge!? He hoped that his fake broken English did the trick and that they would take his offer up. A large grin formed on his face as he raised his eyebrows to show that he was harmless.

TAG: Winged, Mexico Team

18. deathwisp0R

deathwisp0R Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    ic: reticle
    location reticle's sniping position outside the temple

Reticle saw the man who looked either Mexican or Portuguese. he couldn?t tell. Approach the team so naturally he trained his rifle on him not firing till he was sure of his intentions and also not wanting to give away his position. then the one called spectrum pulled his gun out on him and yelled ?Bloody locals? don?t move! Put your hands in the air NOW or I shoot, you understand? I shoot!? reticle sighed at echo and whispered. "that idiots about to ruin everything." Then the newcomer spoke in broken English. This triggered reticle's sniper sense. His mind running at a mile a minute, various actions outcomes and pretexts ran through his mind. To his instructors at the super soldier program this "sniper sense" seemed to be superhuman but in reality it was a manifestation of the skills of a natural sniper. In summary reticle's analysis of the situation amounted to the following: The newcomer was not a immediate danger to the mission for the following reasons: He did not approach the group at gunpoint nor did he sneak up on the group. After determining he is not a immediate threat reticle set about to determine what he is. He determined that he was not a local. No, his mannerisms and appearance suggested otherwise. Although he spoke in broken English it seemed fake. His slight smirk reenforced that notion. Then a thought occurred to him : If he's not one of the enemy is he perhaps one of ours? This notion seemed flimsy but then again reality usually is. Deciding he should act before spectrum killed him. Thinking fast reticle prepared to shoot a bird sitting above spectrum. that should make it fall on his head. Reticle pointed to echo the bird he was going to shoot and shot it.

tag: Mexico team

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Underground HQ

The monitor showing the Mexico team held Fury's interest at the moment. He noticed some other person enter the area. Who the hell was he? He didn't recall seeing him in any S.H.I.E.L.D. files...or his own personal ones.

Then a shot was fired. That would no doubt give away their position to anyone in the area.

Fury closely watched the monitor, hoping the team would do the right thing.

TAG: No one...

20. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Antarctica

He looked around, not liking to be watched by unknown eyes. He waved both hands in the air though and proceeded to the door of the base.

"Nick, should I burn through here or can you open it?" Degree did yell, but was unsure if the winds were too much. It would suck if Nick could see them and talk to them, but they could not respond. Degree was already forming an intense flame in his palm, like a melding flame, and raised it to the door, ready to proceed if the clear was given.

Tag: Dubya, Team Antarctica

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

Fury sat in the control room, monitoring both teams. At the same time, he was trying to get the hologram transmitter working. He had to communicate with them somehow. He swore. "The next mission, I'm investing in earpieces for everyone," he mumbled to himself. The Skrull battle had been on his mind and he completely forgot about the earpieces. That's not like him to forget... Maybe his age was finally catching up with him.

Anyway, back to reality... It seemed the holo-projector could reach Mexico, but the satellite was out of range to reach Antarctica. Oh well. At least he got the PA speakers up and running.

The monitor showed Degree standing in front of the bunker door speaking, but Fury couldn't hear him. "Damn..." Fury muttered again. Why hadn't he been prepared for this mission...?

Fury spoke into the microphone to the Antarctica team. "I can't hear what you're saying, but I'm working on it." There was a short pause as he keyed in some more failed commands. "I can't get the door open. Burn through, if you can."

Fury then looked over to the monitor showing the Mexico team. He stood up and keyed in another command. The small camera sitting atop the computer turned on and it sent an image through the satellite to Mexico. A holographic image soon appeared (similar to a Star Wars holo-image) between the team and the wall.

There was some static running through the image as Fury spoke to the team. "I finally managed to ---is thing up and run--- again. I hope you can hear me." He hesitated then continued. "There are no security defens--- beyond the wall. You wont find them until --- inside the pyramid." The bluish image of Fury pointed behind himself and said, "There's a hidden door behi--- one of --- but you have to reach --- top of the pyramid."

He waited, knowing he wouldn't be able to hear them speak. His holographic eyes shifted to look at the new-comer he didn't recognize.

TAG: BOTH Mexico and Antarctica teams...

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Will Guildenstern, alias Cryptologist
    Antarctica

Will glanced at Degree in dismay. "Burn through the door? Would that mean you'd have to turn this heating effect off? 'Cause if so I say bugger on that," he moaned, before reluctantly donning his coat again. "You'd think old man Fury would've been better prepared than this..." he continued grumbling. "Can you even burn through it? Looks like... I dunno, metal. Doesn't that have a high burning point or something? This science stuff isn't my strong suit at all."

He glanced around at the surroundings. "Rotten continent. Snow storm, and not a penguin in sight. I've got to get a new travel agent."

TAG: Antarctica team

[i][b]IC: Arnold Rosencrantz, alias FLASHBACK[/b]
    Mexico[/i]
    Some native had come up to the group, causing one of the members to get a bit flustered. Arnold sighed. "Look, can we just relax, here, no need to get all..." Then he saw what the sniper was planning to do to [i]stop[/i] the jittery team member. "No, don't, he's got a gun drawn, don't shoot the..." The sniper took aim at a bird. [b]"The gunshot is going to make him fire, don't shoot the..."[/b]

[b]BANG![/b]

"Crap." Arnold vaguely heard Nick Fury's voice coming from a nearby projection, but was too busy keeping his eyes on Spectrum. He might need to make a jump. And soon.

[b]TAG: Mexico team[/b]

23. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Antarctica

Will Guildenstern made Degree laugh with the penguin comment. He stopped and turned around to him with a grin on his face. "WE'RE NOT IN THIS FOR THE PENGUINS!" He chuckled out loud then intensified the heat of his hand-torch. "No, you wont need your coat. I can multi-task. Actually, it might get hotter in here. Yeah, it does have a high melting point, but entropy shouldn't be too far away. That should do it."

Degree's suit did more than make him look like an idiot in a costume. It kept his body at certain temperatures without him having to do anything and protected his skin from his own power. The torch was extremely hot now and he stabbed it into the door, making a clean circle several times. They just needed something to get in and out. When the hole was formed, he pushed it out of the way and cooled the edges. He poked his head through first to see if the coast was clear, then slid through.

"Cryptologist, could not you have just talked to the computer? What the hell? Can't you just talk to the whole complex?"

Tag: Team Antarctic

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Will Guildenstern, alia Cryptologist
    Antarctica

"Wow, you're not kidding, it is getting hotter..." Will remarked, taking his coat back off. "I can [i]read[/i] computers, Degree, I can't talk back to them. It's stating very clearly that there's an error in reaching the door control protocol. Some type of hole in the code. We might want to have Ms. Kibaki take a look at it..."

He slipped in through the hole in the door after Degree. "And now it's saying that their are life forms detected. It's a brilliant system, somebody just screwed up the door code." He glanced around at his surroundings, wondering what he would see.

[b]TAG: Antarctica Team[/b]

25. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Jungle, Mexico

Curiously, the man responded to Bey's gun in his face with a big grin. Immediately Bey didn't trust him, but his comrades appeared to disapprove of his actions. Bloody idiots. Some stranger just happens to stumble across a group of seven gun-wielding white men and women in the middle of the jungle, and yet he still comes out hollering like a bakvissie and offers to be their tour guide. And they think that's not suspicious? Everything about the man screamed trap, and so the immediate priority was to ensure that he wasn't a threat.

But Reticle had other ideas, and the gunshot must have rang out for miles. Beyers instinctively sidestepped, and the bird landed directly where he had just been standing. Before anyone could do anything else, a holographic image of Nick Fury appeared in front of the wall.

"I finally managed to ---is thing up and run--- again. I hope you can hear me. There are no security defens--- beyond the wall. You wont find them until --- inside the pyramid. There's a hidden door behi--- one of --- but you have to reach --- top of the pyramid."

"Easy," said Bey. "No defenses past the wall. Blink, fly us all over it like you said."

He turned to Reticle.

"And you. You soeking with me, eh? You looking for trouble? Cos if you try anything like that again, we go fist-to fist, no guns, alright bru?"

As for the local who had just appeared, Bey didn't give him a second glance. The man had no weapons, god only knew who he was, and if the rest of the team had better ideas then they could deal with him.

Tag: Mexico Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.