main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Secrets Long Forgotten* (A fanfic by padawan feline and lunetta)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan feline, Apr 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    Alright, I don't know if anyone remembers me or not, I used to post here a while ago. Anyways, here is a story written by padawan Lunetta and I. The first few parts were written by me though and lunetta joins a little later. Hope you all like it! (this takes place at around the Jedi Academy trilogy, but a little after )

Secrets Long Forgotten by padawan feline and padawan lunetta

Soft, sprinkling rain fell, watering the lush green jungle of Yavin IV, cleansing the air, making it smell fresh and clean. Trinity Solo cautiously balanced herself on a log that had fallen from the jungle upon the green river. She listened carefully to the rhythmic sound of water crashing against its sides. Her arms were outstretched for better balance as, eyes closed tight, she crossed the river. In her mind she could see the rough texture of the bark, and the outline of the log itself. She knew where it was, and where she needed to step.
    "This is ridiculous." Vanis scoffed from the river shore.
    Trinity smiled secretly. It was one of the games she'd taught herself recently. To her, it was an excellent way of concentrating and trusting the force to guide her. If she fell into the river, she faced no real danger. Nonetheless, it taught her a skill that might be useful someday. If not, she'd at least have had fun testing her abilities.
    Vanis often had trouble understanding her techniques. He preferred to stick to only the basic skills and practices he'd learned from Master Skywalker. It was as if he didn't trust himself yet enough to discover things on his own. This was certainly understandable, Trinity decided. Vanis had been an apprentice to the dark Lord Tarblis, before Trinity and Luke had come to her home planet, Mulroon four months earlier. His Master, Tarblis had been training him to help in his plan to take over the galaxy one planet at a time, by molding and taking over the minds of men, using the teachings of an ancient Sith who in his time, had mastered the technique of mind control.
    Luke and Trinity had managed to convince Vanis to abandon the dark side, and together the three had destroyed Tarblis. Even still, Vanis had been careful never to allow himself to indulge in anything that could lead him down the dark path he'd started out on.
    Trinity, on the other hand, in addition to learning basic techniques from Master Skywalker, had been anxious to discover herself in the force. She wanted to learn her strong and weak points, to sharpen her skills and learn things on her own. She used her skills as often and frequently as possible, testing her skills on a regular basis. Her latest test involved crossing the river on the fallen log, using nothing but the force to guide her.
    "It isn't ridiculous Vanis. It is a way of teaching yourself to trust in the force." Trinity replied, not losing her concentration. "Not to mention kind of fun!"
    Vanis snorted.
    "Really! You ought to try it." Trinity insisted lightly.
    She reached what she knew to be the end of the log, and stepped onto the reassuring soft ground of the river shore. She opened her eyes and grinned at Vanis, who stood on the other side of the river shaking his head.
    "That's alright. We should probably be getting back to the main temple soon." Vanis said, brushing the issue aside.
    Trinity was not going to give in so easily. "Aw come on Vanis, you afraid of a little water?" She taunted. "You do remember what Master Skywalker said about fear, don't you?"
    Vanis' deep brown eyes burst into flames and he raised his eye brows. "Alright Trinity, I'll play your silly game, this time. If it'll get you off my back."
    Trinity rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "Hmmm...... It's a deal."For a little while anyway... she added quietly to herself.
    Vanis nodded, then mounted the log. He winked at her just before closing his eyes. His chiseled features relaxed, his sandy blonde hair all matted and slightly damp from the gentle rain. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, lifting his arms and leaving them extended sli

2. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Comments anyone?

3. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    It's....it's....it's...it's a spaceship! It's a flying marshmallow!! No, it's a wonderful story by padawan feline!! I LOVE it, of course!! Now hurry up and post more before I am forced to give you a Force-wedgie!! (us gymnast types are very impatient!! )

4. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    It's....it's....it's...it's a spaceship! It's a flying marshmallow!! No, it's a wonderful story by padawan feline!! I LOVE it, of course!! Now hurry up and post more before I am forced to give you a Force-wedgie!! (us gymnast types are very impatient!! )

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This is awesome Feline!! But it gets better when Sariah pops up! tongue.gif

6. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    tongue.gif That wasn't very nice, your Lunettaness!! Go stick your nose in the corner right now!! Where's more of the story, feline?!?

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    great begining, Jedi Kia...er Padawan feline!

D2, signing off!

8. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks all, I'm not sure though if I should post more though. I think I'll wait and see if I get anymore readers.

9. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwww Gimpy!! Do I haveto?!

10. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Feline!!! Don't torture us like this!!! Post more right now, young lady!! And lunetta, if you're good I guess you don't have too! Good being defined as posting more of your Jysella story, of course!!

11. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Hehe, I wouldn't want to give you all a heart attack wondering what's going to happen next, so I shall post more! (BTW, thanks Gimpy, and Del......Darth McClain)
    Luke Skywalker sat at the table in the mess hall with his students, noting that two were missing. He smiled secretly to himself. Trinity was quite the free spirit, she'd indulged herself with her training. She was always seeking out new ways to test herself. She was extremely enthusiastic about everything he'd taught her, and about the things she'd discovered on her own. He couldn't think of a better person for Vanis to be with at this time. Trinity seemed to be helping him out in a way that no one else could. Luke had been able to reach him somewhat, but he almost clung to Luke in a sense, and that had worried him. Vanis needed to learn to trust himself, and learn things for himself. Luke could only teach a student so much. It was up to the student to do the rest. That's the way it needed to be.
    The sound of laughter rang out in the hall way, and two figures appeared. Each were soaked to the bone. Luke stared at them a moment before a smile formed on his lips.
    "Glad you could join us." He said, lightheartedly.
    Trinity grinned. "I'm sorry we're late, we were just.... playing."
    Luke held up his hand. "It's alright, although I do suggest you get a little cleaned up and changed before you come to dinner."
    Vanis smiled somewhat nervously. "Of course Master."
    Luke knew that it would take a while before Vanis really felt comfortable on Yavin. Things were extremely laid back here and Luke got the impression that it wasn't what Vanis had expected it to be.
    Trinity grinned roguishly. "Will do, and we'll be back before you have time to miss us Master Skywalker!" She said, dragging Vanis away.
    Luke shook his head, amused. Life on Yavin had never seen a dull moment ever since Trinity had arrived. She would make a good Jedi someday, although her recklessness might get her into trouble someday. Luke smirked, you are reckless Yoda's words repeated in his head. She will learn, he added to himself. He had, and apparently Obiwan had also. She would be able to let go of it just as he had. It was just a matter of time, and experience. He hoped......

12. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    This is a great work, keep it up.

13. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Alright!! You post more! Yeah!! Your Kiaraness, this story is awesome!! Keep it coming, please!!!

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Tsk, tsk. Feline, why was this on the third page?

15. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Alright, thanks Gimpy and Return of Wattawatta I feel so special!!!! Here is the next part.
    The lights were soft and soothing when she entered the apartment. Soft music played and Leia noted, with a tinge of sadness and longing, that it was a famous piece performed only by Alderaanian symphonies. She crossed the living area, setting a stack of data pads on the coffee table.
    "Han?" She called. What was he up to? She wondered. Everything was beautiful, the music the lighting and absolute quiet. Where were the children?
    A moment later Han appeared in the doorway to the dining area, grinning roguishly. Leia studied him carefully and couldn't help but return his smile.
    "Good evening Princess." Han replied suavely, stepping to her side and offering his arm.
    "Han, what's going on..."
    "Shhh..." Han placed his fingers on her lips to quiet her. "Just relax, and come with me."
    Leia watched him suspiciously, but linked arms with him allowing him to lead her into the dining area, where a beautifully set table awaited. Candles glimmered in the dark, providing the only light. Leia allowed Han to lead her to a seat which he pulled out for her. She sat down and slowly the tenseness and troubles of her day, seemed to slip away. How had Han known?
    "I had Winter take the kids to the holo zoo." Han explained with a wink.
    "I see." Leia replied. "So what have you got planned for us?"
    "That, is a surprise. If you'll just excuse me my dear, I'll go see how the chef is doing." He said. Leia nodded and he disappeared into the kitchen.
    Leia shook her head. It was true that they had both been under a lot of stress lately, with the recent battle of Mulroon, and the new base on Utero. It seemed that they went from one galaxy saving mission, to the next. They never had time to sit back and enjoy life, and the product of all they had fought so dearly to preserve. Sometimes she fleetingly wished they could both retire from their duties and move to a quiet planet and simply raise their family. Although she knew neither of them could ever be truly happy if they did.
    Perhaps then a vacation? Leia smiled at that thought. The Chief of State attempting a vacation? It would be over almost before it even began. Something would come up threatening the galaxy and she'd be forced to return to her duty. No she'd simply have to settle for rare quiet evenings like these. She was glad he'd tried to make it special.
    Just then, the doors flew open to the kitchen, and a red faced Han, shot through. Crossing to the table and sitting in his seat, grumbling something inaudible under his breath.
    "Han," Leia questioned. "What is it?"
    "You'll find out soon enough." Han growled through clenched teeth.
    The doors to the kitchen flew open again and Threepio emerged pushing a dinner cart. The faint smell of burnt something immediately could be detected. He placed a plate of almost burnt to a crisp shoki, with what looked like a sheri sauce, or what was supposed to be anyway. Han scowled angrily down at his plate.
    "Oh I do apologize Mistress Leia and General Solo. I believe my internal chronometer experienced a brief malfunction. If you wouldn't mind the wait I'm sure I could...."
    "Save it golden rod." Han cut him off.
    Leia covered a smile that formed on lips with her hand.
    "This will be alright Threepio. Thank you." Leia replied.
    "Of course." Threepio said, then left the room.
    Leia glanced at Han, who remained withdrawn and angry. Leia knew how he felt, but couldn't help but find the entire situation to be humorous. She couldn't hold it in any longer, she began to laugh, lightly at first, but continued until she was laughing so hard that tears squeezed out of her eyes. Han simply stared at her, doing his best not to join in.
    "Oh Han, it's alright. All that matters is that we're here together, to enjoy one another's company." Leia said, finally gaining control over her laughter.
    Han smiled at her. "Yeah, true. But I had wanted this to be special. Leave it to ol' golden rod to screw up something as e

16. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    evil? Evil? EVil? EVIl? EVIL? I love EVIL plots. Well actually, I prefer nice ones, but the only way for a plot to be good is to be EEVVVVVILLLL!

17. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    I love this story as you may already know. And if you don't remember then I just reminded you. Post more soon please.

18. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks for reading Borme and Ejedir!!! I appreciate your lovely comments!! ANd now for the eeeeevil plot!!
    "Noo! You will not get away with this, the others will come!" The man screamed from the table. He twisted and squirmed as best he could in the restraints that held his arms in three different places, his stomach in one and his legs in four. To Kifan it seemed as though someone might have an awfully hard time even breathing in such a position, although his father and grandfather assured him they could.
    "Silence!" His father ordered. Clapping a muffler over the man's mouth. The man's screams continued, although muffled. Kifan casually hid behind his grandfather's legs as he watched his father pull the lever on the machine.
    "No Kifan, you must watch. You have to learn so that you can finish our work some day." His grandfather, Cylek Ambourg said nudging away and placing his hands on Kifan's tensing shoulders.
    Ysalamari scuttled about, some clinging to the machine itself. Kifan understood that these creatures were what made the capturing and intechment of Jedi all possible. In his young mind, he found it hard to understand why his father and grandfather would want to kill-well they weren't exactly killing them- Jedi. After all, they too had been Jedi at one point in time. And he also understood that he himself had the potential to become one.
    The sound of lightening hissed and snapped around the machine and the Jedi man cried out in anguish. Blue light flickered bright, almost blindingly so. Kifan squinted but obediently watched. Moments later the Jedi's body fell limp onto the table and the electricity ceased to flicker. Kifan's eyes gazed at the Jedi with curiosity. Then a green light on the machine started to blink. His father and grandfather clapped their hands together.
    "It worked! Another successful transfer." His father announced.
    "Good work son! You have done me proud." Cylek exclaimed clapping his son on the back. The two stood talking about technical things Kifan didn't quite understand yet while Kifan simply gazed on in amazement. He stepped over to the lifeless body of the Jedi. His eyes were still open and his head turned to the side, Kifan jumped, it was as if the man were staring right at him. The pale blue eyes were penetrating, filled with anguish and sheer horror. Kifan covered his own eyes in fear. Then he felt the calm reassuring hand of his father on his shoulder.
    "It is wonderful isn't it? Now this man will be able to live forever." His father replied, closing the man's eyes with his fingers.
    "Not to mention that with his spirit now under our control, it will insure a great and marvelous future for our family." Cylek added.
    "That is true. Once we have enough Jedi we will be able to transfer their spirits into our weapons, and we will be able to take over the universe." Kifan's father agreed. "But Kifan, I'm afraid it will be up to you to finish our legacy. With the rise of the Emperor, Jedi are becoming more and more scarce. But they will rise again, and when they do, you will be here to make sure that our project gets finished."
    Kifan nodded. He would be proud to continue the legacy. His father had designed the machine and weapons himself and he would teach Kifan all the secrets. Some day, Kifan would finish what they'd started.
    "Yes father." He replied still in awe.

Kifan watched from his perch high in the trees at the growing base that the New Republic had begun to build. After talking with a few of the New Republic officers sent to help build he'd learned of the course of events that had happened in the years he'd been out of touch. The Emperor was dead, along with the Dark Lord Darth Vader. But that wasn't the part that interested him the most. Apparently the man mostly responsible was a Jedi by the name of Luke Skywalker, who had since become a Jedi master. The Jedi were rising again, Kifan could feel it. He'd further learned of a Jedi academy that had been established. Just as his father had foreseen, now Kifan h

19. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Trips into thread and breaks leg

eek.gif

See what you made me do! mad.gif

20. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    OOOOOOO! You are EVIL! That is just, how else can I say it, EVIL! Can't wait for more. (Thanx for readin' my story)

21. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Eeek!! And the evil plot is revealed!! *gasp* oh, no!! All those poor little Jedi, running around and getting their souls yanked out!! Post more soon, Your Feliness!!

22. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Oh no!!!! *feline helps Joton Denal to their feet* I'm sorry about that! Would another post help you to feel any better?

BTW-Thanks Ejedir, of course I read your story!!! It is wonderful!!!

ANd your Gimpyness, thank you again for attempting to keep my story at least somwhat near the top! hehe!

23. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Trinity sat near the front of the spacious audience chamber gazing around dreamily. It was on this very moon that the first victory of the Rebellion had been won. She closed her eyes and could almost hear the shouts of joy and the electricity that must have penetrated the very soul of each of the men and woman and aliens who'd fought. What a day it must have been. She'd studied up on the war for the past few years, the fact that her own uncle had played a key role in the fight against the Empire made her proud. It was in these very chambers that her Uncle Han and Master Skywalker had been presented metals of honor.
    "Now what are you doing?" Vanis' voice broke into her thoughts.
    Trinity glanced at him startled. "Just thinking."
    Vanis stared at her strangely. Then crossed the large floor and sat down next to her. "About what?"
    "About the war." Trinity said dreamily. "Haven't you ever wondered what it would have been like to fight in the war for justice and freedom, against incredible odds."
    Vanis shrugged his shoulders. "I never much thought about it. Smugglers tend to stay out of that sort of thing."
    "Not all smugglers." She said proudly.
    "True." Vanis agreed. "But for the most part. So how long have you been in here?"
    "I don't know, an hour or so." Trinity replied.
    Vanis shook his head. "I will never understand how a person could sit somewhere dreaming about something for large amounts of time."
    "Of course not, you have no imagination." Trinity replied bluntly.
    "I have imagination." Vanis replied defensively.
    Trinity gave him a skeptical glance. "Oh do you?"
    "Sure, I just don't waste my time imagining things all day. That doesn't mean I don't have it though." Vanis replied.
    Trinity shook her head. "It's not a waste of time. What about meditating, is that a waste of time?"
    "Meditating and imagining are not the same." Vanis pointed out.
    Trinity nodded. "Perhaps, but I think it's just as important."
    "For you maybe."
    "Yes for me! What do you want anyway?" Trinity asked a hint of annoyance in her voice.
    Vanis gazed around the room. "I don't know, I guess I was just bored, so I thought I'd come see what you were up to. You're quite entertaining to watch you know."
    Trinity rolled her eyes. "Glad you noticed." She said wryly. "I'm done with my silly imagining, you want to go practice a few skills?" She replied getting to her feet.
    Vanis grinned. "Sounds good to me."

Vanis followed Trinity out side into the warm air of mid day. Her auburn hair glistened in the sun light. And Vanis couldn't help but smile. The girl was certainly difficult to figure out, at least for someone like Vanis. The things her imagination came up with never ceased to amaze him. Though often times humorous, her thoughts and ideas actually did make sense, in a way. She came up with her own ways of training herself and was always so enthusiastic about everything. She was like no one he'd ever known. It had been because of her that he was able to leave the dark side in his past and move on. The fact that she seemed to care about what happened to him, and his happiness even though moments before, he'd been set on killing her and her master. The way they'd both reached out to him had caught him by surprise. He'd never forget the way they'd both helped him. Watching her and how happy she was inspired him to seek the same happiness, he actually enjoyed the times they'd spent together since they'd come to Yavin. Though he was constantly mocking her and questioning her ideas and motions, it wasn't that he thought it was completely ridiculous, he was simply intrigued by it and wanted to understand it further. Of course he'd never actually admit such things to her.
    "So what exactly did you have in mind?" Vanis asked.
    Trinity grinned at him mischievously. Oh no.. he certainly knew that look.
    "You'll see." Was all she said.
    Vanis sighed. "Come on Trinity, just tell me. I'm not so sure I like that look."
    Trinity smirked. "Well I think you'll like what I have in mind."
    He followed h

24. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Ms. Feline, you would dare suggest that I'm only posting on your story to keep it on the first page?!? mad.gif How dareth you!! I am reading this story because it is just as awesome the second time through as it was the first!!!

25. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Aw I'm sorry Gimpy!! I never knew!!! Thanks so much!!! I feel so special!!! ANyway I shall post more soon. Maybe.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.