main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"SECRETS OF A MOTHER, *3/07 *'YES!! QUI-GON STANDS UP TO "MOM"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    So called parents like Mr. Jinn, are good advertisements for birth control, HOW COULD YOU BEAT that boy Jinn, you didn't even question him about the incident. He does'nt deserve Obi, I don't care how "bratty" Obi has acted, he didn't ask to be born, or for his mother to die , and he did'nt ask to be shipped off to live with a family of B@$T@RD$!!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_steaming mad!] 7

2. JoeyKenobi

JoeyKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    Wow .. what another great post Ewen :) :)

I love how mouthy Obi-Wan is even right after getting punished. Although Qui-Gon more than deserved what Obi said to him.

I'm not liking Damien to much now. The little brat. I'm glad he got kicked out of his high and mighty school. Hopefully some bully at his new school will give him a nice big welcome, and show him he's no better than anyone else. :) :)

Thanks for posting!!
    Zara

3. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    just found this story ewen. looks like another good one. keep up the good work. is the other story almost finished? i am looking forward to reading this one as much as i am that story. bye for now.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *Kitara glares at Jinn and starts polishing her lightsaber*

I think you definitely chose the right name for Damien :mad:

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon and Damien had spent a good two hours discussing what was to become of him now that he was put out of the prep school. Jinn promised him he would comm Mace the next day. Damien knew Mace and liked him. He also knew if there was anyone who would and could help his uncle it would be Mace Windu.

Qui-Gon opted to send Damien out to tell Obi-Wan last-meal was ready. Jinn earlier had been convinced he would not allow the boy to share the meal with him. How ever all afternoon his thoughts would be interrupted by the memory of what the boy said. What was worse than anything Jinn thought Obi had hit it correctly. He blamed Obi for the mistakes he and Kaylin had made.

Mace is right he didn?t ask to be born. But I had a right to know he existed. I feel things would definitely been different had she let me give him a name so he would not be branded illegitimate. Now look at the mess she and he have created.

Jinn never included himself as one of the guilty parties to have created this problem overload he had right now. He thought only of Kaylin?s failing in not telling him.

####

?I think I have gotten my point a crossed to him. He will present no more problems."

His mother piped in from the kitchen.

?I hope so. This has been a tiring day. I hope there will peace and quiet in this house tonight.?

Jinn nodded his agreement as he went to the dining room to help his mother put the food on the table. He did not look up to see the little one, his son go to the fresher to wash up. Once seated Jinn finally dared a glimpse of his son.

Obi had not done a very good job of getting the tear streaked dirt off his face. His eyes red and puffy and his cheeks had a flush to them from the excessive rubbing of them and just all around stress.

Jinn felt something different this time. Where before he could feel Obi exuberate defiance, now it was quiet degradation and submissiveness. Has this done the trick, thought Jinn.

Has the boy resolved that he indeed is the one at fault here and has brought so much hurt to my little family.

Last-meal was eaten in relative silence. Everyone seemed to want it over and Obi-Wan sent to his room so they as a family, the three of them could enjoy the balance of the evening.

Obi-Wan sat closest to his grandmother. Of course in private she had instructed the boy never to call her that, Grandmother. Qui-Gon wondered, unknowing of the truth, why Obi refused to call his mother, Grandmother. He thought it was because Obi didn?t want to be part of the family. That was one of the reasons to fuel the fire to object to this one deserving a place in his life. Obi-Wan had not seemed to take an interest in becoming a part of the family.

Obi reached for a piece of piping hot bread. His little sleeve brushed his glass of milk and he spilled it.

In a very small voice, the words almost unheard.

?Please forgive me. I am sorry.?

Myra who had been able to control her hatred for this child at least in front of her son, let all her pent of anger of him come out. Damien being thrown out of school had caused her to become in a rage when she saw what Obi had done to her new lace table cloth.

Obi-Wan cowered in fear. He did not believe anyone at the table cared an ounce for him. He felt alone and right now scared. He wondered if his father would punish him for this accident. He had punished him earlier for doing nothing wrong. He was assumed guilty.

?Well a fine mess you have made on my new table cloth.?

Jinn looked up and did not seem to a take interest in it. Damien and even he had been guilty of spilling things at the table. He thought his mother would just spew one of her infamous lectures on not being so careless. But with the sound of a chair being pushed back and then his mother go into a rage he knew he was wrong.

?How dare you, you little brat. You come here and ruin everyone?s life and you can?t even eat right. Didn?t your mother of yours teach you any table manners??

There it was, the anger Obi tried to hold in burst out in a

6. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    ewen I love this story! :) 7

7. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
  8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    What is wrong with Qui-Gons Mother, what a sithly women :mad: :mad: She is a shame to womankind everwhere!

Poor little Obi, I hope Qui-Gon comes to his senses soon, or maybe Mace will slap some sense in to him. Obi-Wan needs to feel love and exceptance in his life.... and soon!!!!

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui's mother only gets worse.

That may be why Qui-Gon has to develop a relationship with Obi-Wan to protect him.

Anyway, I may post late tomorrow. I have my second job to go to tonight[banquet server]. Pays better than even my office job, but I have to leave here and go straight to work for another eight hours.

PEACE ewen

10. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    1/9's chapter (punishment): Puh, I hate corporal punishment and I don't see any reason and/or justification for it... And to use a cane/switch to do it is even worse because IMO if one deems it necessary to use that form of punishment there shouldn't be a device between the person giving the spanking and the one receiving it behind which the person giving it can "hide" and thus alienate himself from the actual spanking... :mad:

Ewen, you definitely got the point of that spanking across - Qui-Gon just needed some way to vent his emotions... and though he was (without even asking for Obi's side) quick to relate Obi-Wan's anger to the dark side, he's blind to see that *he* himself with all his anger and frustration walks much more closely to the dark side than Obi-Wan, a rejected child who did nothing wrong except respond in kind to the reception he got from the man who despite his being a Jedi and thus knowing his body didn't do anything to prevent his conception... even we lowly non-force-sensitive people know how to do that! And I've always wondered why, in such a case, the *children* have to suffer for the mistakes of their parents.

I wonder, though, what really happened between Qui-Gon (who knew I'd someday have difficulty to not just write "Jinn"...) and Amos that despite everything he didn't like about his brother (always wanting the best, for example, and not having saved any money to provide it) he clings on to that promise and even left the Jedi.

1/10's chapter: How dare that b***h hurt Obi-Wan - emotionally probably even more than physically? :mad: Does Qui-Gon finally see that Obi-Wan is not at fault for his mere existence? And Damien simply is a spoiled brat, not an ounce more worthy than Obi-Wan simply because of his parentage. I can only emphasize my failure to understand why children are judged because of who their parents are or whether their relationship was a legitimate one or not... :mad:

More please!!

Nicky

11. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    She gets worse!!! As a Mother myself I find her actions horrifying :mad:

I am beginning to see where Qui-Gon learned to be how he is. I just hope that he can learn to deal with this anger and see how truly awful his actions, and those of his mother and nephew have been. While Obi-Wan should learn to contoll his mouth a little bit, he is just a small child who has just lost the most important person in his young life. Then to be treate so horribly by his father, I can't say enough how angry I am at the man. But it's his mother right now that I really want to hang by her thumbs untill she screams for mercy and then show her as much mercy as she has shown dear sweet Obi.

Ewen... I would sure love to see a double post today :D :D :D

12. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    i also would love to see a double post tonight ewen. don't make me beg. lol. great as usual. hoping to see a better relationship form between obi and his da. sounds like he is going to need protection from his gran. i found her behavior inexcusible. my mother would never treat any of her babies in that manner. or treat one as if he/she is better than the others. i hope she and that brat get everything they deserve. okay, done ranting now. hope to see more soon.

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey ewen. This is a great story so far...but so sad!! :_|

Here's what I think of....
    Damien [face_devil](I agree about the name thing)
    Qui's Mom :mad:(she gets worse?!?! yikes!)
    Qui [face_plain] (at least he's starting to come around...even if it's just a teeny tiny bit...but not much!)
    Obi- :( poor guy, first his mom dies and then his dad turns out to be a lunkdhead like Qui...sheesh

All in all its an excellent story! Just b/c we're fuming mad @ some of the characters just means that you're such a great writer that you can elicit such emotions from readers ;) hehe

I also like how you included Qui's love for horses. I've ridden horses for 7 years so its cool to see them in a SW fic :) (Raven sorta sounds like my horse Indy :D )

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    wicked witch :mad:

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It had been two days since the outburst between his son and mother. Jinn stood on the front of the porch which wrapped around to the back. Some might think it too cold to just stand out side. The morning had brought with it the promise of the oncoming winter. Along with the promise came a hint of its beauty. The snow would occasionally pepper the cloud laden skies.

Qui-Gon wrapped the old Jedi robe tightly around him. It was the one thing he kept that brought any remembrance of the Jedi. Its warmth afforded the big man that could not be duplicated by other outerwear. The deep luscious folds, hood, and all-round tight weaving of the wool left no threads not tightly woven together. The strong mountain wind could not penetrate it. Qui-Gon walked the length of the porch and eneded up in back of the house. From there one could get a better view of the mountains rising in the majestic skies. Those mountains trapped the cold wind like skyscrapers did in the city of Coruscant. That made for an even brisker colder winter in their home nestled between the mountains.

Damien had claimed it was too cold and would not come out and enjoy the fresh air as Jinn had hoped he would be. Obi-Wan had been in the barn doing, Jinn supposed, extra chores leveled on him by his grandmother, for Qui-Gon had not seen him all morning. Well till now. He looked over the wide expanse of their back yard and there stood the little one doing back flips in the middle of the yard.

A swipe to his nose made Jinn suspect Obi-Wan?s sleeve was his hanky again.

I am going to have to speak to him about that.

He was mesmerized by the intensity at which Obi continued with the flips and aerial moves. Like the aerial katas at the temple they were beautiful and well performed. Although Obi-Wan possessed no training in katas, Qui-Gon could not help but notice how his moves mimicked them, at least with finesse at which Obi-Wan did them.

For a moment Jinn let his mind slip and thought the boy would be a natural with aerial katas and the flips used in saber practice.

He could not help but notice the boy should have been cold and assumed he took his coat off to do the mid-air flips and called to Obi-Wan to put it back on once he was not in the middle of an aerial move..

Obi-Wan turned to his father on the porch. He had not known he had an observer and blushed at the thought of being watched even if this was his father. He turned his head questionably for he had no coat and did not know what the man referred too.

Jinn misunderstood the boy?s actions and thought he had not heard him. He got off the porch and walked to where Obi-Wan had been exercising.

?I suppose with the wind you didn?t here me. I said you should put your coat on. It?s cold.?

?I heard you alright.?

?Then is it that you just don?t plan to do anything I ask you even if it?s for your own good??

?No ?father? its not that. I don?t have one.?

?What do you mean??

Every child had a coat or he assumed.

?Just which one of those four words. ?I don?t have one, ? don?t you understand father??

There it was those smart remarks instead of answers and always laced with the venom of anger he had for his father.

?A smart remark is not needed. You mean to tell me the Jedi did not provide you with a coat or robe??

?I was there for less than a week. It is usually the responsibility of a parent to supply a coat and clothing for their children.?

It was then Jinn took a really long look at his son from head to toe. His spiked hair was growing out of its cut.

His mother probably had it cut that way for some kind of mockery of the Jedi mimicking a padawan.

The boy?s clothes were too small on him. His boot was split letting the cold and wetness in. Nothing he had on was in really a decent shape to wear in public. Jinn was a Jedi and Jedi did not concern themselves with anything but cleanliness. This child couldn?t look clean because of his stained clothing.

?Very well I will have your grandmother see if she can rifl

16. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Cinderella's stepmother had more compassion than that woman. poor obi, poor obi, poor obi, poor obi-wan. [face_plain] 7

17. Linari_Tanis

Linari_Tanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2002
    oh Obi! :_| That's not fair....even if she doesn't like him she still has to make sure he's alright! What if he got really sick!!! :mad: I hate her!!!! And Damien too!

18. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    ughh! She is awful! :mad:
    POOR OBI! :_|
    Great post ewen! :)
    Can't wait for more!

19. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    I hope that as soon as Mace gets there and sees what is going on he will do something and fast!!!! Obi and Jinn need to get away from that evil family!!!

I look very forward to more!!!!!!

20. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    @@@ UP @@@

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    If I get some lurkers to come out and post just an up, so I will know you are reading, I have another post for later this afternoon for this story. Ewen

############

Qui-Gon, Mace, and Damien sat in the main living room for the warmth the fireplace thad to offer. They discussed Damien?s plight for about an hour.

?You know Qui if I had any credits they would be yours willingly. But you know how much the Jedi are given for their service in the order.

?Yes hopefully three meals a day and a roof over our heads.?

?Well I do have an offer for you, an offer suggested and approved by the high council.?

Jinn?s mother came in and went quietly in the kitchen and started to make some lunch for them. She however kept the door ajar so she could here what was said. She was aware that she had walked in on a pinnacle phase of their conversation, for Mace was just about to suggest a solution.

?I have talked to the council and there may be a way for the Damien to get a very good education. So good in fact there would be no university to turn him down once he has gone to this school. And my friend you can easily afford it, it's absolutely free!?

?When we move?"

?NOT so fast Jinn. You haven?t heard my offer and when you do I don?t think you will be so quick to except it.?

?What is it Mace??

"Well Master Yoda has convinced the council to allow you to take over the temple right here on Fargus. It?s about five hundred miles from here. If you did that, Damien can be trained in the Jedi school and no one would deny him entrance to any university. We are noted for the best in schools there are. We usually have our children at least two years in advance over children of even the best of the best private schools.?

Jinn had already crunched his face in a frown. He got up, walked to the fireplace, and rested his arm on the mantle.

?Mace you know I can?t do that. I have Damien to care for, not a bunch of untrained force-sensitives hanging on my robe. I am aware of the temple though. It sits on the other side of the mountains near the town of Norden. I have been there a handful of times. It would be close to the farm and my horses to visit them.?

?Don?t you see Qui-Gon that?s the best part. You can be guaranteed that you will not have to leave the temple for at least four years on a mission. By that time, Damien will have finished school and in college. It?s perfect.?

?What about the farm, my horse? Everything I own is here? Who would care for them??

?Let someone rent the property in order to care for it. You can still make payments. And it will be yours when you retire or if your mother wants to return here. Like you said it is not that far from the temple that you can?t very frequently visit it. I can arrange that.?

?That?s another thing. What about mother??

?This temple is small. You know that. Not more than five masters with padawans. They need like a den mother. Someone to oversee the cooking and cleaning. She will not do it all, she will oversee it. She can remain with you and more importantly with her grandsons.?

Mace included both of the boys since he assumed Jinn?s mother welcomed Obi-Wan into their life. Qui-Gon had not told him of the problems and Jinn was not sure he would either.

?I don?t know Mace. You seemed to have it worked out to where it sounds easy but? Oh another thing what about Obi-Wan. I get a feeling that there is a catch.?

?You know the council Qui-Gon. There is always condition when the council seemingly does something out of the goodness of their hearts.. The council wants you to take Obi-Wan under your wing like an initiate, you know braid and everything.?

?Wow??.. wait a minute Mace, initiates don?t wear braids. Now I know the ?condition? ? and I will have nothing to do with it. They really want me to take him as my apprentice.?

?NO Qui-Gon you don?t understand . You instruct Obi-Wan as if he were a padawan, but since he is young he will do just initiate things at the temple. After four years if you think he can do it you can form a l

22. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    ...delurking
    UP!!!
    Do we get the extra post now??? :D
    ...relurkig

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    handzik

I never go back on my word. Yes an extra post this afternoon.

Now my regulars can get up and out of bed.

PEACE ewen

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Hey i finally found this story and yes quigon is pissing me off but i have a feeling things will work out in the end ad they'll be loving each other, but i do wnana slap his mother!!!!!!

25. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Finally, someone with a little sense! And Qui-Gon seems to actually be thinking about Obi-Wan's wellfare :eek:

I just knew Mace would come in and be the voice of reason. I just hope he gets a glimps of just how sithly Qui-Gon's mother is.

GOODY GOODY a double post day.... my favorite kinda day :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.