main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"SECRETS OF A MOTHER, *3/07 *'YES!! QUI-GON STANDS UP TO "MOM"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

Now on to happier thoughts guys.

I need feedback on this one and I thought you would enjoy the mush I threw in there.

Well what say you my loyal readers,should Jinn pack up and go to the temple now?

Is it time to be a Jedi once again?

PEACE ewen

2. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Kelly, I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I can't imagine losing one of my girls. You and your family will be in all of our prayers.

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey ewen...just wanted to say again that that post was excellent. I loved the mush, it was nice to finally see Obi shown some affection.

I think they should definately head straight to them temple...and it wouldn't be too bad if they "accidently" left Damien behind ;)

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    AS long as quigon is nice and loving to obiwan i'm happy you know that ewen hehehe!!!

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    First a message to Kelley: I cannot have children therefore I hold my two nephews as dear to me as if they were my own.(Alex is 18 days younger than your Andrew) My heart goes out to you and your family on such a horrible loss. You will be in my thoughts. - Robin Beth

As for ewen - you know that I love mush, and could use a BIG dose of it right now :)

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jinn let the little one rest against his chest before he pulled him back so he could look into his eyes. He always felt you could tell a lot of things while facing someone eye to eye. Why should a child be any different?

"Where you and your Grandmother having a little argument when I walked in??

Obi shrugged his shoulders unwilling to outright lie to his father but also unwilling to tell him what happened for fear he would not be believed.

?I s?pose so..well.. maybe... kinda.?

?Which is it my imp? Remember I was brought up be the Jedi and was taught always not to lie. I am sure your momma taught you that as well.?

Qui-Gon thought he felt Obi-Wan?s body tense up just for a second when he mentioned the Jedi. He already knew Obi-Wan?s mother had not spoken highly of the Jedi and possibly not of him. He couldn?t even fathom what kind of wild tales she had told the child about the Jedi order. That would be another hurdle to jump if they went to the temple, which Jinn was considering strongly of doing.

?I know not to lie sir, I mean dad.? You see we kinda? like?. I think maybe your momma was mad at me.?

Jinn wanted the child to just tell him the truth, all of it, but he saw he was going to have to pull every syllable from Obi?s mouth before he would give up the nasty little truth that Qui-Gon's mother, Myra had hit him not once but twice.

Obi-Wan twisted his little hands together in a fit of nerves. It only took one of Jinn?s larger hands to hold both of his son?s smaller ones in his. He couldn?t help but notice the cuts and scraps from working in the barn. Hands that should have still had the dimpled baby fat on them were thin and pale; veins showed through the paper thin translucent skin and even a couple of calluses formed on the boy?s palms.

This is too hard for him. He is far too young to have callouses forming on those hands.

?Could you tell me what my momma was angry with you over??

?I mumbled??

?What, excuse me but I think I heard you wrong. You mumbled??

Obi looked down at the big hand holding his and reversed the order so that he held the big hand of his father?s in his two very much smaller ones. He played with Qui-Gon?s fingers nervously expecting at any moment for his father to become angry with him.

?Yes sir. She said I mumbled. I guess I didn?t "enusceeate" my words right.?

?You mean enunciate and I can?t believe she would be angry over that. Can you tell me what happened next??

Obi-Wan waited a moment then nodded his head yes.

?I could but I would rather not. I mean it won?t solve any thing.. It over. It?s all right now. I don?t want to cause any trouble for anyone.?

Qui-Gon pulled his hand away and nudged the boy?s face up so they could look at each other.

?I would rather you tell me what happened after she became angry over you mumbling your words.?

Qui-Gon still was overwhelmed by the idea that his son had been slapped for such a minor infraction.

?Would you make me a promise first??

?I can?t promise if I don?t know what I am making the promise for.?

?You have to dad or I can?t tell you. See it has to be a secret just between you and me. You would have to promise not to tell your momma that I told you anything. Or else I just can?t tell you. Sorry!!?

Reasoning of a child. Obi is worried about causing more trouble when this was clearly my mother?s fault.

?Very well this time I will keep this promise of yours and it will remain a secret between you and I. But let me warn you I can not always make promises like this. Sometimes things you will not want told will have to be addressed??

?Addressed?? What?s that mean??

?It means sometimes you can?t have your way and if I feel we need discuss something with your grandmother, we will have too. Is that understood??

?Yes, but not this time, right??

?Right!! Now will you quit stalling and tell me what happened??

Qui-Gon pulled the little boy into his lap from where he sat on the desk. He was as light as a feather to the big Jedi master.

Obi-wan let himself be en

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    YAY! CLAPS AND CHEERS: GO QUIGON GO QUIGON GO QUIGON GO QUIGON GO QUIGON GO QUOGON!!!!
    KICK HER @$$ KICK HER @$$ KICK HER @$$ KICK HER @$$!!!!

8. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Well I don't think Qui should kick mom's @$$, but he really should put a stop to this abuse ASAP!, before I come through this screen and kick her old @$$ myself. 7

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah thats a better idea may i kick her old pruny @$$ my self!!!!??????????

10. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Well one thing is certain; Qui should apologise to the kid for abusing him, and it had better be soon! *threatening stare*

11. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *claps and cheers loudly*

Finally! Qui confronts his mother! I can't believe she pulled away from the curb like that! That old, evil, pruny,(the rest of the list has been left out due to content.)...

*continues to curse Myra in Spanish, Hebrew, Japanese, Huttese, Elvish, and every other language she knows*

12. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    AWESOME POST EWEN!!!!!

I would like if it nobody got mad at anybody. It would seem like a real home that way awwwww.....that was soo sweet!

:mad: as for Qui's mom...how could she leave poor Obi like that?!?! Qui and Obi should head to the temple ASAP and leave those 2 behind!

More soon?

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    **applauds loudly**

Hurray- he finally confronted her about it!

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Is that what Obi-Wan told you, that I just left him??

?Mother I don?t wish to embarrass you further so I will tell you I was three or four hover cars behind you and watched you speed away with the boy standing in a preverbal blizzard.?

?Very well you want an explanation and I will certainly give you one. I think it best Damien if you also go to your room. I will come and get you once our conversation is over.?

Damien had a bad feeling. Grandmother was his protector but Jinn was the one who had custody of him. He didn?t want either of them angry with him. All the blame went to Obi-Wan.

"Well Mother he is gone now. Care to explain to me??

?I am tired Qui-Gon, very tired of always being reprimanded as if I were a child when it comes to that boy in there.?

?That boy is Obi mother; my son and your grandson.?

?Oh I see it now. You are letting him come between you and Damien. You have betrayed your brother?s trust in you. On his death bed you made a promise and now you try to renege on it.?

?I am doing no such thing mother. I can care for two boys.?

?Sure you could but you put all you energy on caring for the little one, your son. You never spend time with Damien any more. Now you consider the temple to raise him as we speak. Is it for the benefit of your brother?s son to go there for his schooling or are you only concerned with getting Obi-Wan into Jedi training and it can be done faster this way if you go and run the temple? Which is it Qui-Gon??

?You change the subject mother. It doesn?t matter why I might choose to go to the temple for. Both boys would benefit from it.

?Yes and Damien would take a back seat to Obi-Wan if he becomes not only your son but your apprentice. You can?t deny that. Every waking moment except when he is in classes will be spent with him and were does that leave Damien, out in the cold with no one. He can?t compete against a Jedi for your attention or your love.?

?Mother he has my love and he has yours. You have spoiled the child until he thinks there is nothing he can?t ask for and not get.?

?Why shouldn?t he? He has had a hard life. I thought it would straightened out since he had you now but Obi-Wan came into the picture. That promiscuous mother of his had to die and leave him with us. Didn?t he have any other relative he could have been pawned off on??

?That?s enough Mother. My decision has been made. We will be going to the temple in about three weeks. You may tell Damien or I will. Now I have to go see to my son.?

Myra?s anger flared. She wanted to hurt Qui-Gon.

?Go on and I will go see to Damien now that you have abandoned him, Qui-Gon. How do you just stop loving someone so easily? Oh I forgot that was what happened to Obi-Wan?s mother isn?t it? Something else piqued your interest more than her, the Jedi. Now you plan to abandon your nephew just like you did her for the Jedi and now for your Jedi son.?

The words did just what his mother hoped they would do. They hurt the big master and more importantly they started him to think. Was he betraying Damien for Obi-Wan and the Jedi?

Was it his selfishness that made him decide to go run the temple or was it truly for the good of Damien? Had he done the very same to his lover, Obi-Wan?s mom.

So many things that would have to be thought through but Qui-Gon had to deal with Obi first. That brought a second of regret. He had so much responsibility with this little one who was quickly worming his way into Jinn?s heart.

That will have to be stopped. I can?t let another in. I betrayed one, Obi?s mom and I threaten to betray another, Damien. There has to be some way to balance this feeling I have for Obi-Wan. It has become too inttense. Although I wuld never admit it to Mother or Damien, my feelings for Obi-Wan has literally taken over my life.

Memories of Obi-Wan?s mother swept his mind. He left her not unlike the situation he had here. Both for the Jedi. Was his mother right? She had accomplished what she wanted. Although he was convinced it truly would help Damien by going to

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    *Bursts into tears* :_| This is so ... so wrong. I knew that Qui-Gon's good behavior was too good to be true. He's now returned to the complete Mr. Blockhead that he is. :mad: UGH! What's wrong with him? Why does he care for everybody but Obi-Wan???!!! Why, why, why?!?!?!?!

ewen , I was so looking forward to this confrontation, hoping that Qui-Gon will finally whip some sense into his mother ... or at least hurt her psychologically. But now ... now ...

*starts crying again*

Aun

17. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    i want to let everyone know that brittani is now out of danger and will be coming home next week. thank you all for your kindness and warm thoughts. i have decided to start posting again as it does keep me busy. i go back to work today.

now on to the post. ewen, i was so hoping that qui would stop being a jerk, but i know how much you love angst. please tell me that he won't give obi up. please, please please. i can keep this up all day you know. i don't work until 5 tonight. and jon is with the baby so i can torment you all i want. i usually love these stories, but for some reason, i don't like the way qui is treating his son. i hope things work out for the best for obi and i hope that other master doesn't get obi. not fair for a child to be separated from his/her parent for any reason, but especially not because the so called parent listens to ill advise. and i hope that his mother and nephew get what they deserve at the temple for trying to separate what is deemed a good team. please don't separate them ewen. okay done begging now. bye

18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    :mad: !@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&* :mad: !@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&* :mad: !@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&* :mad: !@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&* :mad: !@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&* I'M JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD AT QUIGON I WANT TO KILL HIM, AND HE DIDN'T TELL OFF HIS MOM AT ALL THE WITCH SHE IS!!!!!!!

:D more!

19. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    grrrrr Qui....that would be a step backwards! You were actually getting somewhere near compassionate for a minute there!

Oh well, great as usual ewen!

20. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Na en aear a elenath! Gya'she le Qui! Gya'she le! Lîn dol na lost! Im del le! Im del le!

*sighs deeply*

Somebody really needs to help Qui get his priorities straight.....

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It wasn?t hard to find someone to act as caretaker for the Jinn farm. An old family friend who had financial difficulties lost his farm and welcomed the opportunity to live at and care for the Jinn spread. Qui-Gon also got more good news.

Because the little temple sat on the mountainside just outside of the small town, it had a stable that only housed a couple of horses because of the expense of buying them. It gave the padawans added duties and outdoor activity to work in the stables and the grazing pastures.

Qui-Gon was welcome to bring Raven and another horse with them. Everything was ready to make their move tomorrow.

Damien was really excited. He did not think how it would be to be the one "less special", not as important. He thought his uncle would run the temple that and that alone would place him in some high station there. He was not worried about Obi-Wan, however. Even his grandmother seemed to relax over the situation when they found out Obi-Wan would be given to another master. That meant Obi would most surely be out of their hair a great deal of his time.

This would be the last day Obi-Wan would have to do all the stable work alone. He knew he would get to help care for Raven at this Jedi temple they were going too and that brought him a little comfort. Losing his father though was more than the little boy could tolerate. He tried hard to hide his disappointment. He had come to realize this move would probably make his dad?s family happier, well for everyone except him. Myra Jinn seemed to quickly change her mind and wanted them to go.

Yeah as soon as she found out I would be given away she was all for going to the temple. Now I will barely be able to see Dad and then I will have someone else over me telling me what to do. I guess my Grandma got what she wanted after all. I will be out of my dad?s hair and he will have more time to focus on Damien. Maybe it is for the best. I was never really one of them anyway. Although I am not sure I want to be a Jedi either.

The Jedi temple they moved too turned out to be nothing more than a small mansion nestled at the base of the mountains much like their home had been only situated on the other side of the same moutains.. It had one common room. It was a very large area with a big fireplecae and lots of couches and other seating for evening activities.

There were several offices for the head master there and a dining area, large kitchen and numerous bedrooms. The padawans, all five of them and Obi-Wan each had a small bedroom that joined their masters? room.

It was agreed too by Tyrell and Jinn that the grumpy master would just oversee to Obi-Wan?s training for awhile to see if they were matched for each other and then again Obi was too young to be an actual apprentice.

His care and teaching and even discipline would be taken care of by Tyrell. Master Jinn would be no more to the child than he was to any child there. At the moment there were no initiates, just the five padawans. Each had a master.

Jinn noticed one apprentice, a boy by the name of Bruck Chun that seemed to stand out among all the other apprentices. He was Damien?s age and Qui had already seen them together. He thought it was good that Damien had already made a "friend" with this Bruck.

Little did Jinn know that Bruck was the most troubling of all the apprentices there. He had such a knack of hiding his trouble or blaming them on someone else. It would take Jinn a while to realize who caused all the problems at the temple among the padawans, Damien and his son once the problems did start to surface and mutiply...

########

Obi-Wan sat in the office of his father?.. well no, it was the office of Master Qui-Gon Jinn. He had been instructed by his new guardian or master or whatever, that he must never refer to his dad by anything other than master.

He swung his legs back and forth nervously. They were as of yet unable to reach the floor and that was the only thing Obi-Wan could think of doing with them.. H

22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Mister, oops I mean Master Jinn, seems all too willing to pawn Obi off on the most disagreeable people, Master Tyrell already resents Jinn because the head master job was virtually taken away and given to Jinn, and that ominously creepy comment: " a month with me and the child will be a perfect example of complete, unconditional obedience"... can I hear everybody say, I have a bad feeling about this situation.
    Then just when I thought it could'nt get worse ewen throws Bruck Chun in. ewen you need a lifetime membership in your local Obi-wan Kenobi torture society. ;) 7

23. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    don't like it anymore. i know you enjoy torturing us, but i don't like qui giving obi away like that. is it going to remain that way long. came back to read this but do not like the way the story turned out. but then again that is just me. keep up the good work ewen. don't mind me. just a bad day i guess. not easy to return to work and face petty people with petty attitudes and stupid problems. any chance you can cheer me up soon. ********puts on her begging face******** i will take good news on either story or both stories. bye for now

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jedibear30
    Sorry I know you are going through a hard time and maybe it is for the best if you don't read my stories because of the angst.

I will certainly understand.

If any of you feel that way about my stories please P.M. and let me know. I love angst you all know that, although I am not into torture, where someone drives nails into Obi's hands. [I have read one like that here.]

I go to a mature site and one writer is very very good. However if she says in the beginning there is character death, I don't read it cause for me the outcome could never go the way I want.

In my stories there is always a good likely- hood things will turn out well so no one reading really has to panic about the situation I put Obi or Qui in.

Sorry for being so winded, just wanted to get that off my chest.

Surely you don't want me to place a little note before each post to tell you in advance if it's angst or mush?

PEACE ewen

25. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm sorry ewen but i'm starting to not like this either, i dont like how quigon is just getting rid of obiwan, i think i'll just read your other story, dont take this as your not a good writer you are it's just this story is just to upsetting for me right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.