main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"SECRETS OF A MOTHER, *3/07 *'YES!! QUI-GON STANDS UP TO "MOM"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Just what about this post makes you sad!?!?!?!

Qui-Gon couldn't let Obi-Wan get away with what he had done and I think Obi got off easy, especially now that he is a Jedi apprentice.

Better than the last time Jinn punished him.

PEACE ewen

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    :D Such a delightful little post. I loved it. Obi pulling pranks on everybody ... and Qui merely giving a meditation. For once - I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm on Qui's side. Seeing all that he has done, he is being lenient. Good for him. :D

Aun

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    It's just i kind of know where obiwan is coming from here with the whole leaving his childhood behide, and becoming a jedi means you can't have fun or play or any thing like a child can, and i just know how it feels ok, just wish quigon could see this too!!

5. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    JA and JQ books say that Padawans were allowed to have some fun. They got free time from their lessons, and were allowed to play and just act like normal kids.

6. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    That was great ewen!

Glad to see Obi's back to his impish self again :D That was very cute!

Kinda reminds me of the time my cousins blew up deviled eggs with fire crackers on the 4th of July (of course I had nothing to do with that ;) )

Great post!!!!
    (I have to say I'm on Qui's side on this one too)

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That is why I never eat deviled eggs 8-}

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Not on quigons side!!!

as always 8-}

9. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    :) :) :) :D very nice, now back to the terrible duo. 7

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Three weeks, three very long tedious weeks and Obi-Wan still didn?t seem to fit in.
    The other padawans thought him to small to just ?hang? with. Damien and Bruck had both gotten anther couple of apprentices to side with them and if they found a way to hassle Obi-Wan they did. One time he got tripped in the dining room and his food splattered all over him. Of course Obi-Wan wouldn?t go crying to his master. He was a big boy now he thought. Then once just as he started to sit down one of the other padawans who sided with Bruck, quickly pulled the chair out from under him in class. That brought hilarious laughter among all the padawans and Damien.

What they could not laugh about though was Obi-Wan had been placed in their class for his outstanding academic work. Seems he was ahead of any padawan and Damien himself. That didn?t set well with Damien or his Grandmother.

Damien wanted to find a way to railroad this little guy that Jinn seemed to become more and more attached too. Obi?s saber practice was outstanding for one his age. No he was not up with the other padawans, but Jinn thought over the next year he would be at least equal to them. His arm reach was still to short. That was possibly the only reason he wasn?t as good as the others.. He executed his techniques and katas with precise accuracy; the aerial ones were his best.

It was Sunday. All the padawans were in the common room huddled around the fireplace. It was too cold to go out except to complete their tasks in the barn., The horses couldn?t even be let out in the pasture for the bitterly cold wind that whipped over the valley where the temple sat.

The masters worked on various things or sat at the dining table with a cup of tea, anything that would keep them from the children for a while. Seems they all developed cabin fever, especially with the weather as it was now.

From Qui-Gon?s office which was attached to the dining area the masters who sat at the dining table could hear the raised voice of Qui-Gon Jinn as he talked with someone of high authority at the Temple Coruscant.

###Jinn?s office#####

?I beg to differ Master Yoda. These masters and apprentices have not had enough field experience to do what you ask me to have them do. Can?t some of the masters with senior padawans come here and see to the mission??

Qui-Gon had been having a lengthy discussion with his former master, Yoda. From the other end of the comm link Yoda?s scratchy little voice came raining through to Jinn .

?Do this your masters and apprentices will. Learn they can not if coddle them you do. Oversee the mission yourself you will. Temple be there when you return I think. About time for your padawan to see the workings of a mission I feel.?

Now Jinn had heard everything. Take an eight year-old out on a Jedi mission. Grant it, this mission should entail no danger, however Jinn knew from past experience a battle or danger couldn?t be ruled out. There were those willing to battle the Jedi for their name sake only. Having understood this for most of his life as a master, Jinn never took even the most peaceful of missions for granted.

?Master Yoda need I remind you that when I took over running this temple I was assured by the high council that if I did decide to train Obi-Wan, I would not have mission until the boy reached the age of normal apprentice, twelve? Did you just pull that condition out of the air and now decide to do away with it??

?Difficult time this is for the guardians of peace, the Jedi. Every available master and apprentice working on a mission they are. Dark forces at work throughout the galaxy. Sith, Master Jinn, have resurfaced with much vengeance and hate aimed at the Jedi in particular it is..?

Yoda did not need to explain what he meant. One word, SITH and Jinn leaned back his chair and contemplated the ramifications of what Yoda just said.

?They are active again? How can that be master? We drove Sidious into hiding after he attacked several settlements and he killed my brother."

Anger and hate for the S

11. Mel_J

Mel_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    Oh, this is getting interesting! What will Sideous do when he discovers Qui-Gon has a young son, especially now that he's on the look out for an apprentice? And who will look after Obi-Wan if Qui-Gon goes on the mission?

Don't keep us waiting too long to the answers!

12. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    I like when Sidious rears his sithly head in your stories ewen he does'nt just slither around behind the scenes, he's an active nemesis, a real pain in the collective jedi butt. :) 7

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Awwwwwwwww man sidious yet again.... KICK HIS @$$ QUIGON KICK IT GOOD!!

14. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    ##### UP #####

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jedi_Girl and Jedi7 Thanx for upping.I am a little behind today.

Sorry!!

###############Qui-Gon opted to gather his entire family in the common room and shut the double doors. He would explain the situation to them. He regretted delivering the bad news that the animal responsible for killing Damien?s father, his brother, was once again out on a killing spree. Only now it was directed at the Jedi. Jinn couldn?t help but think Darth Sidious might seek him out. Qui-Gon was the one who hounded and the man almost succeeding in his capture. Master Qui-Gon Jinn was the reason Sidious went into semi-retirement in the first place.

Myra let out a shocked sigh. Damien slammed his fist down on the dining table and used a few curse words that Qui-Gon did not even reprimand him for. Obi-Wan sat in silence. This sith stuff was news to him. He wasn?t even aware that was who killed his uncle and he had only just begun to read about him in his classes for in common school, in the realm of reality, Sith were not taught about.

?Qui-Gon what he if seeks you out again? I mean he probably holds a grudge against you.?

?I will be fine Mother.?

The master had mixed feelings. He would not admit them to anyone out loud. They would stay unspoken, but in a way Jinn hoped Sidious would seek him out. Then again if the man came here it would put his family and the other Jedi?s lives there in jeopardy. It was times like these Qui-Gon wished he was not tied down to the temple or to Obi-Wan. He would gladly pick up his search of the dark lord right where he left off.

?I do have concern for the temple if Darth Sidious knows I am here now. I have no doubt if he wants to know where to find me, he already has found out. There are many who would be willing to help him defeat the Jedi just to be on his good side. I think I will assign posts twenty-four hours a day now. We will have to be careful of strangers.?

?Qui-Gon, Damien can?t live in fear all his life.?

?Hopefully it won?t be all his life. I would send you and he back home but I think you might be in more jeopardy there. I am sure he knows of where my farm is?

Damien didn?t want to go home anyway. He was having too much fun with his new friend Bruck and if he went home Obi could worm his way closer to his father. Although Damien didn?t know how they could get much closer with the connection between father and son and master and apprentice that they shared now.

?What about Obi-Wan, Uncle Qui? He?s not safe here either. If Grandmother and I have to go home wouldn?t Obi have to go with us??

Jinn couldn?t figure out why Damien would go down that road with his line of questioning because he knew well how they both felt about Obi.?

?Obi-Wan is officially a Jedi apprentice now Damien; My Jedi apprentice. Not just as my son but as my apprentice his place is at my side. I can protect him. Like I said though you can?t go home either for your lives might be in jeopardy there. No you will have to stay here. If we start to expect anything then I will have you and Grandmother transported to Coruscant temple for your safety, but Obi will still remain with me.

Jinn knew as a Jedi apprentice, Obi-Wan?s place was at his side. He did worry about his son since Sidious held so much against the big master, however the thought of sending the boy away from him brought him actual pain. He was glad Obi-Wan was officially a Jedi.

###

That evening before they were to leave for their mission to see that a village snowed in would get the needed food and medical supplies. Obi-Wan had asked for and received permission to go see Raven before their mission.

He sat and fed Raven and Danny-Boy a carrot each. He had come to learn to love horses as his father did although in the beginning he had feared them. Obi heard a noise in the barn and looked up to see a weary looking old man in a black robe. The hood pulled so far up in his face Obi-Wan could not see what the man looked like but he walked humped over and so the ?baby? apprentice thought he

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    [face_shocked]
    Oh, not good....

18. Mel_J

Mel_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    How ironic that a Sith showed Obi more kindness than his own grandmother and cousin ever did, even if Sideous didn't mean it. I loved the scene between Sideous and Obi with the kid bragging about who he was yet at the same time insecure in his family's love.

I'm also can't wait to see what Obi-Wan will do now he knows who his new friend is since he has no real knowledge of the Sith? And would anyone believe him if he spoke up?

19. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Great posts ewen!
    Uh oh, Obi had better say something quick!
    Poor guy, probably feels guilty though, helping a sith and all.

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Brilliant little kid just blabbed everthing to the Dark Lord. oops

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Riddon and the young knight abruptly stopped their conversation about their head master, when they saw Master Jinn returning after he spoke with the mayor of the city.

?Well everything is unloaded. I think we should head back. We might reach home before dark.?

The mayor spoke up.

?We would be glad to have you stay.?

The other masters and knights seemed to like the idea, as they stood out in the bitter cold. However, Qui-Gon graciously turned the mayor down.

?No, we have to get back this evening if possible. Thank you for your offer though.?

The entire time Jinn had been speaking with the mayor, he felt a constant nagging tug on his robe. He knew who it was, just not why Obi-Wan would interrupt a conversation he was in, with someone of importance.

Qui-Gon made a mental note to speak to his son about his discourteous actions. The mayor went back in out of the cold and the Jedi loaded up.

Qui-Gon looked down at his little padawan who had yet to release his robe. Obi-Wan seemed permanently attached to his master.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi, just what are you doing? You know not to interrupt me when I am in a discussion with some dignitary.?

?I know Dad, I mean master.?

Obi shook his head as if to shake the confusion away over what he should call this hulk of a man who towered in front of him.

?Master, I think I have made a very bad mistake.?

Jinn bent down to be eye level to his son. Now with their bond totally open, Jinn could easily feel the turmoil the child was in. So much so, he wanted to some way soothe Obi-Wan of his fears for that was what he was getting from Obi, the feeling of sheer fear.

?What is it child??

Obi-Wan launched into the entire sordid detail of the events of the night before. When he finished he added just one little sentence. Until then, Jinn could have held out hope that the man Obi spoke of was what he appeared to be, just a drifter.

?Master he had a big scar on his right cheek.?

Jinn was on his comm before Obi got the last words out. He notified the temple to lock up, keep everyone in, and await for their return. He was assured that so far no one had come to their door. One of the masters told Master Jinn he would go to the barn and retrieve a padawan and Damien, who had gone to the barn to feed the horses.

That was the last time Jinn would be able to reach them on the link. No one at the temple responded again to Jinn?s frantic calls.

Jinn told the other masters what had happened and all settled in for a very fast trip back to the temple; one faster than was reasonably safe. They traveled the distance back to the temple in two-thirds the time it took to travel the other way, but the same distance. Jinn had yet to speak to his apprentice again.

Obi knew why he couldn?t speak to him. He could feel Jinn?s anger and knew well, who it was directed at.

Not a half hour before their arrival, Jinn called Obi-Wan to a small storage area of the ship.

?Just why didn?t you tell me of this man when you found him in the barn??

"Because I thought he was just a drifter. He said he knew your family and he didn?t want you to see him in such a poor condition. I believed him.?

?Didn?t I just go over with you and Damien not a hour before you went out that we would have to be leery of strangers. Sidious has been known to camouflage himself with many identities.?

Obi-Wan had no way of knowing the sith used disguises, but he didn?t bring that little fact to his dad?s attention.

?I?m sorry Dad.?

?Right now padawan I am not your father, I am your master who is very disappointed in you. Why couldn?t you have just used your head for a moment Obi-Wan? You have put the temple and my family in great deal of danger. Do you realize that? I lost my brother at the hands of Sidious and I may lose the Jedi under my supervision, along with my mother and Damien.?

At times like these I question the wisdom of the force to allow my son to find his way into my life. He has put all things precious to me in danger; the Jedi and my f

22. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Ohhhh pleeease, if Obi would have kept his soup coolers shut maybe Sid would'nt know so much, that boy is so vexing. 7

23. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    :eek: Uh-oh, NOT GOOD...! Obi, you clumsy little nit-wit...naw, just kidding. Good luck to father and son though.

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Ewen pleasee say quigon isn't going to trade obiwan for the others that isn't fair, if you do.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mesa wont be happy with you, and hey everyone thats picking on obiwan u all shutup! :mad:

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I agree with JJ Girl

Little Obi is not stupid he is what I just said,little. He is only eight and untrained as a Jedi.

Boy I sure wouldn't have wanted some of you as parents. You sound worse than Qui-Gon is at times!!!!!!!!!!

The poor kid thought he was doing a good thing.

PEACE ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.