main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Secrets of the Jedi (post-AotC AU; Siriwan; A/P) **Updated 3/13/12-Epilogue** Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, May 25, 2005.

1. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Can palp take out the council instead?
    *glares*
    Dont mess with obi-Wan and Siri.

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Lolly_Tolly Uh-oh. They've been caught. I'm guessing it was a security camera of some sort?

Yep, they've been caught. [face_worried]

Great chapter! You've really built up the suspense factor! For me at least. I can't wait for more!

Thanks. More is coming soon.

EGKenobi Hope they don't get banished...or worse...and what will Anakin make of this?

Worse than banished? What could that be? :)

MiralukaJedi Momentarily delurks

Welcome! [face_dancing]

They're in trouble now. Hopefully Yoda goes easy on them.

Trouble is a good word for it.

Kynstar Somebody spying on Obi and Siri? How rude!

Very rude! :)

obsessedwithSW Can palp take out the council instead?

There's an idea. I like it. :D

Author Note

**The following people are being removed from the PM list. They haven't logged in to the site in a very long time.

AP4EVER
    Star_Angel
    Tanamel_Ka

**The following people have unopened PM's relating to this fic. Hopefully you're all still reading, I know some of you are, and see this message. Please open your PM's so that I may continue to send them to the folks that are still reading. The people with stars by their names have multiple unopened PM's from me.

princess_of_naboo
    Kynstar
    jedi_princess18 *
    Jaira
    epithree *
    DarthJishyWishy *
    BottledUpInside *
    Milteck
    LilyHobbitJedi
    obsessedwithSW *

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Opened. :D

Man, it looks like things are going to get hairy for the lovebirds.[face_worried]

4. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hello there. :)

Okay... just caught up. It's great to see this story active again.

I like the way you're handling the clone wars. Nicely done.

Uh oh, Yoda has 'em busted!

Keep it coming please.

5. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Please add me to the PM list. I am really enjoying the story so far and I am dying to see what happens with Zakk.

6. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Absolutely awesome, breathtaking story!!=D=
    Can you please add me to your PM list?[face_praying]

7. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    OMG! Now Kenobi and Tachi have quite a problem to deal with...

Please add me to your PM list!

8. lilacph

lilacph Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2009
    Just caught up with you story. I like the different dynamic of Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship. It's also nice to see Anakin and Ferus getting along. I really enjoyed the tournament! I liked the descriptions of the action sequences. I can't believe you killed Garen! Just when he had become an endearing part of the story... I also really like how you wonderfully captured the emotions of the battle-weary Jedi. Could you add me to your PM list when you update? Thanks!

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thank to everyone who is reading. For those that requested to be added to the PM list, you have been. Below is the next chapter.

Chapter 24

“This isn’t good, is it, Master?” Anakin asked as he and Obi-Wan packed.

Obi-Wan chuckled and shook his head. “No, it’s not. Being recalled because Master Durian sent holopics of me kissing my wife to the Council is definitely not good. Yoda did what he had to do.”

“At least it’ll take us thirteen days to reach Coruscant,” Anakin commented. “Plenty of time to figure out what you’re going to say to them.”

Obi-Wan chuckled. “Anakin, I don’t think there’s anything Siri or I can say to make this better. We broke the Jedi Code, in many ways. There is generally only one way the Council handles situations such as this one.”

Anakin frowned. “You don’t really think they’ll…expel you?”

“Truthfully, I’ll be surprised if they don’t expel us. Siri and I both knew the dangers of our decisions, this being one of them.”

“But you’re a member of the Council, Master,” Anakin pointed out. “Won’t they make an exception?”

“The Council hasn’t ever made an exception for this kind of violation,” he stated. “I doubt they’ll begin now simply because it’s a Council member that is involved.”

The two finished packing in silence. The transport ship that they would be boarding for the trip back to Coruscant was due to rendezvous with the Crusader in ten minutes. Obi-Wan, Siri, Anakin and Ferus had all been directed to be aboard.

Thirteen Days Later
    Coruscant—Jedi Temple

The moment the transport ship landed on the docking platform at the Temple, the occupant’s stood, ready to exit.

“General Kenobi,” the pilot called. “Incoming message from Master Yoda. You and General Tachi are to report immediately to his private quarters.”

Obi-Wan nodded and turned to face Anakin. “You’re free to do as you wish, Anakin. I’ll find you later.”

“Yes, Master,” he answered obediently.

“Ferus, the same for you,” Siri ordered.

The young man inclined his head once. He didn’t know why they had come back to Coruscant. Siri had been vague with the details, telling him only that she and Obi-Wan had been called back. He wasn’t going to ask. He supposed she’d tell him when she thought the time was right.

As the two Padawan Learners walked off together, Obi-Wan and Siri did the same, chatting quietly.

“This is bad, Obi,” she said softly. “We’re going to be expelled, you know that, right?”

He nodded. “I know. It’ll be all right. Whatever happens, it’ll be alright.”

Obi-Wan pressed the door chime when they arrived in front of Yoda’s quarters.

When the little green Jedi appeared on the other side of the door, he ushered the two younger Jedi inside.

“Sit,” he commanded.

Obi-Wan and Siri took seats on the sofa that Yoda kept in his quarters that was a suitable size for humans.

“Master Yoda, we know that…” Siri began, but was quickly cut off.

“Foolish, you both were,” the little gnome sniped. “Now, much trouble you are in.”

“How much trouble, Master?” Obi-Wan questioned. “Are we being expelled?”

“Expelled, you are not,” Yoda told them. “Suspended, you are. Put on inactive status, you will be.”

Siri breathed a sigh of relief. At least they weren’t being expelled outright. That left a little room for negotiation.

“Discuss this matter further, the Council must,” Yoda continued. “Help you much, I cannot. Kept your marriage hidden, I have, but no longer. Tell the Council the truth, you must.”

“Master, I…I fail to see why we should admit anything,” Obi-Wan said, his irritation at the whole situation finally getting to him. “All they know is that we shared a kiss in a deserted hallway. If we tell them the truth, we’ll be expelled for certain.”

“Proof of your marriage, they already have,” Yoda then revealed.

“How is that possible?” Siri demanded. “The only two that know are you and Anakin.”

“Came with audio, the holopics did,” Yoda said.

Obi-Wan gasped. “I called you my wife while we were standing in front of my quarters on the Crusader. Whoever took the holopics must have heard me.”

“So the entire Council knows the truth,” Siri stated. “Wonderful.”

“Support you both, I will,” Yoda then said. “Helped keep your secret for good reasons, I did. Make the Council see that, we will.”

While both were touched by Yoda’s support of them, neither Obi-Wan nor Siri really thought that it would matter. If there was one thing the Jedi Council held true to under any circumstances, it was the Code. Marriage was unacceptable because it held so many forbidden emotions; love, passion, possession, hate, anger, happiness and so many others.

“Am I to assume we’ll be called before the Council?” Obi-Wan asked after several long, quiet moments.

“Yes,” Yoda nodded. “In two days’ time, come before the Council, you will. Answer questions, you will. Go easy on you, they will not.”

“May we be excused, Master?” Obi-Wan asked.

Yoda nodded. He watched as the two of them stood up and made their exit.

Back in Obi-Wan’s quarters, he and Siri were discussing their options.

“We can’t refute the fact that we’re married,” Siri resolved. “Like you told Master Yoda, whoever sent the holopics to the Council must have heard you call me your wife. There really isn’t a point to denying it to them.”

Obi-Wan nodded. “There is one person we need to tell before we go in front of the Council.”

“Ferus,” she sighed. “I have to tell him the truth. Anakin knows; it’s only fair that Ferus knows as well.”

The door slid open then and Anakin walked into the room.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Master, I didn’t mean to interrupt,” Anakin apologized as he turned to leave.

“No, Anakin, it’s alright,” Siri said. “Obi-Wan and I were just heading out.”

“Going to tell Ferus?” he asked knowingly.

Siri nodded. “He needs to know the truth. There’s a small possibility that the two of you might be called before the Council as well.”

“Well, Ferus is in the Padawan training rooms,” Anakin told them. “He was sparring with Tru.”

Both older Jedi thanked him and went on their way.

Siri and Obi-Wan watched from the doorway as Ferus and Tru Veld finished their sparring session. The two young men bowed and shook hands. Tru acknowledged Obi-Wan and Siri as he left the room while Ferus sat down on a bench and toweled off.

“Is something wrong, Master?” he asked when he noticed the nervous look on your face.

Siri took a deep breath as she sat down next to her apprentice. “In a manner of speaking, yes. It’s about why Obi-Wan and I were summoned back here.”

Ferus could feel the apprehension rolling off of her. “What is it, Master?”

After a big nervous sigh, she spoke. “Obi-Wan and I are…almost twelve years ago, we were…married.”

Ferus was stunned. He had a look of utter disbelief on his handsome face.

“Excuse me?”

“Obi-Wan and I are married,” she repeated quietly. “We were married on Lygos III during a mission he and Anakin were conducting.”

“But…but the Code,” he stuttered. “Master, you never break the Code. Neither of you ever break the Code. You…you lied to me. You’ve lied to everyone.”

Obi-Wan looked over at the younger man and spoke. “Ferus, I know this is difficult for you to understand, but…”

“But nothing,” Ferus cut him off, not worrying about disrespecting a Jedi Master. “It’s not difficult at all. You’ve both lied and broke the Code. That’s not something I ever expected from either of you, not like this. This isn’t some small infraction.”

Siri could feel the betrayal her apprentice was projecting. She could feel the anger, the sadness.

“Ferus, I’m sorry,” she stated softly, reaching out and resting her hand on his shoulder. “I, we should have told you a long time ago.”

He gave a humorless laugh. “I’m not angry because you didn’t tell me sooner. I’m angry because you’re married. I’ve spent a long time learning from you, being told to obey the Code and uphold the beliefs of the Jedi and now I find out that you don’t even do that. You’re a hypocrite, Master.”

Siri had no defense for that accusation, just as Obi-Wan hadn’t when Anakin made the same comment.

“We understand why you feel that way, and you’re right,” Obi-Wan then said. “When I told Anakin, he had many of the same feelings.”

“Anakin already knows?” the younger man questioned.

“Yes, he does,” Obi-Wan answered. “I told him over a year ago.”

Ferus just shook his head as he stood from the bench, intent on leaving. He had barely moved when Siri spoke again.

“There’s one more thing you need to know.”

He turned and looked down at both older Jedi. “What else could there possibly be?”

Obi-Wan could see that Siri was struggling and his need to comfort his wife became overwhelming. He stood as well and faced her student.

“We have a child, a son,” he said clearly.

Ferus just shook his head and walked from the room. Siri immediately let her tears fall as Obi-Wan sat back down beside her. They had known that he would be upset, but neither of them imagined that he would take the news worse than Anakin had.

“What now?” she whispered.

“Now we wait,” he told her gently. “Wait for the Council meeting and wait for Ferus to come around. He will come around, I promise.”

They sat together for a few moments before getting up and heading for the dining hall.

Room Of A Thousand Fountains

“I was angry, too,” Anakin said as he came up behind Ferus.

Ferus turned to face the Chosen One. Anakin had an understanding look on his face.

“I’m not angry,” Ferus finally spoke.

Anakin chuckled. “Sure you are. You’re just feeling hurt as well, and hurt is worse than anger. Hurt makes your heart feel like it’s going to explode right out of your chest, the same way love does.”

“What did you say when Master Kenobi told you?”

Anakin laughed as he sat down next to Ferus in front of a Koi-fish pond. “I called him a liar and a hypocrite. I told him that he had no right to spout the Code to me when he couldn’t follow it himself. I told him he knew I wasn’t capable of being a model Jedi and that he was afraid of how that reflected back on him.”

“Wow,” Ferus muttered.

“Yeah, wow,” Anakin agreed. “I didn’t want to believe that Obi-Wan could be as flawed as I am. I counted on the fact that he was the perfect Jedi, the one that was stable and responsible and never did anything wrong. I counted on that because it meant I didn’t have to be those things. So, finding out that he and Master Tachi are married kind of shattered some of my youthful ideas about him.”

“I just feel…betrayed,” he said, putting a word to his feelings. “I feel like everything she’s taught me is a lie.”

Anakin shook his head. “It’s not. I know it feels that way, but it’s not. I think she probably feels like Obi-Wan does. She taught you to follow the Code so stringently because she wants you to avoid the mistakes she’s made.”

“Like getting married and having a child?” he asked with a sneer.

“No,” Anakin answered calmly, holding his emotions in check as he tried to help the older padawan come to terms with the knowledge he’d gained earlier in the day. “I don’t think either of them will ever regret being married or being parents. But, I think they both regret the lying, especially to the two of us. I think they regret the fact that being Jedi doesn’t allow them to have the normal human emotions like love.”

A few minutes passed before Ferus spoke again. “How did you stop being angry and hurt?”

Anakin shrugged. “I realized that it didn’t change the relationship between Obi-Wan and I. We are still master and apprentice. We’re still friends and colleagues. I still cause him grief and he still chastises me for being impulsive and not always listening. It’s all the same as it was before I knew the truth. Once I realized those things, the anger and betrayal and disappointment faded away. All that’s left is the respect and admiration. Obi-Wan is a strong, as a Jedi and a man. Siri is strong, too.”

“You felt disappointed?” Ferus asked, picking out that word.

Anakin nodded. “Yeah, I did. But, that had nothing to do with Obi-Wan and everything to do with me. I was disappointed because I thought that Obi-Wan not being perfect meant that I had to be. It was all about me.”

“When did you forgive him?”

“When I figured out that it wasn’t my place to forgive him for anything,” Anakin replied gently. “When I realized that he told me because he wanted me to know, not because I had a right to know. Siri told you because she wanted you to know, because she cares for you, Ferus. She didn’t have to tell you anything. You need to remember that.”

Ferus watched Anakin walk away from him. The younger man had given him a lot to think about.

It was the next day when Ferus found Siri and Obi-Wan together in the dining hall. He sat down with them and took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry for the way I reacted,” he said in a quiet rush.

Siri smiled a little. “It’s okay, Padawan.”

“I…it’s going to take me some time, but…but you both have my support,” Ferus told them, meeting their eyes.

The three ate together in silence, none of them noticing a smiling Anakin across the room.

10. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Great chapter. I completely forgot that they didn't tell Ferus. It was really nice that Anakin was the one to reason with him.

But I am dying! to know what will happen with Zakk. I'm on pins and needles here. Update quick!

11. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Wow wise words from Anakin! I like how prepared Obi-Wan is to face the council. I have always veiwed him as decisive and strong willed like in TPM he was determined to apprentice Anakin despite their feelings. HOpe all goes well. I am bad about my pms but I still read.

12. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Really good chapter! I liked the way Anakin tried to help Ferus with his feelings. Quite mature actually:p
    I just hope Obi-Wan and Siri won't be expelled [face_worried]
    Thanks for the PM[:D]

13. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Well done! =D=

Anakin the wise is sharing his wisdom... coolness.

Keep it coming please.

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hmmm one has to wonder what they plan to do with Obi and Siri. Being inactive for a while isn't so bad...but one has to wonder what else might be instore...

Yay for Ferus! Liked the way he handled it after Anakin talked with him. I'm loving your take on Anakin and Ferus. :D

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    bkwrm752003 Great chapter. I completely forgot that they didn't tell Ferus. It was really nice that Anakin was the one to reason with him.

Anakin is the only other person who knows and understands what Ferus is feeling. :)

obsessedwithSW I like how prepared Obi-Wan is to face the council. I have always veiwed him as decisive and strong willed like in TPM he was determined to apprentice Anakin despite their feelings.

Yes, Obi-Wan is decisive like that. He knows what he wants to do and he does it.

GeneralKeonib7 I just hope Obi-Wan and Siri won't be expelled.

Stranger things have happened. ;)

epithree Anakin the wise is sharing his wisdom... coolness
    Yeah, who knew Anakin could be wise, huh? [face_laugh]

Kynstar Hmmm one has to wonder what they plan to do with Obi and Siri. Being inactive for a while isn't so bad...but one has to wonder what else might be instore...

Surely the Jedi know they need the two of them. Don?t they?

I'm loving your take on Anakin and Ferus.

Thanks. :)

16. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Just caught up... Hope I'm still on the PM list. Think I got here through one from February.

"Marriage was unacceptable because it held so many forbidden emotions; love, passion, possession, hate, anger, happiness and so many others."

Those Jedi...

17. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Well, that was very emotional. Thank goodness Anakin had already gone through this, so he could help Ferus through it. Good chappie. :)

18. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    this .... is really good.:)

19. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    princess_of_naboo Just caught up... Hope I'm still on the PM list.

You are. Thanks for reading. :)

Jaira Thank goodness Anakin had already gone through this, so he could help Ferus through it.

Yeah, for once Anakin was the one with the experience to help someone. :)

Jedi_QueenBee this .... is really good.

Thank you. [face_dancing] Glad you're enjoying it.

Author Note

Hello All. :)

Below is the new PM list. Several people have been removed due to having more than one unopened PM from me. If you don't see your name and would like back on the list, let me know.

all_othr_nams_tkn
    AvenKiel
    bkwrm752003
    Darth_Drachonus
    EGKenobi
    epithree
    erikawr05
    G__Anakin
    GeneralKenobi7
    ikarit
    Jaira
    JediKnight_Mat
    Kyana-Morgaine
    Kynstar
    lilacph
    LilyHobbitJedi
    Lolly_Tolly
    MoAngel
    princess_of_naboo

Please remember to open your PM's so that you may continue to receive them when I update. If you wish to be removed from the PM list, please let me know. Thanks for your continued readership. :)

Below is the next chapter. Yay!! [face_dancing]

Chapter 25 (Part 1 of 2)

Senate Building
    Chancellor Palpatine’s Private Office

Anakin was sure that Obi-Wan would tell him that what he was about to do was the wrong thing, and Anakin himself would most likely agree. But he could see no other way. He knew that Obi-Wan and Siri were going to be expelled from the Jedi Order and he wanted to do what he could to help them. So, he was going to ask the Chancellor for his help, despite his lingering distrust of the man.

“You may enter now, Padawan Skywalker,” the young aide told him.

Anakin cleared his throat and entered the room. Palpatine stood from his desk when he Anakin.

“Welcome, Anakin,” the politician greeted Anakin with a smile.

Anakin inclined his head. “Chancellor, I hope you’re well.”

They exchanged pleasantries for several moments before Palpatine asked Anakin bluntly why he was there.

As Anakin took a seat, he again cleared his throat. He squashed down the feeling of betrayal that had crept up and spoke. “I’m here about Master Kenobi and Master Tachi.”

“Are they in trouble?” he questioned, not letting his glee show.

Taking a deep breath, Anakin blurted it out. “Yes, they are. They’re…they’re married and the Council is going to expel them from the Order. They need your help, Sir.”

Palpatine had to work very hard to disguise his shock. While he already knew that the two Jedi were married and that they had a child, he was stunned that Anakin would so quickly reveal it to him. What didn’t shock him was the statement that the Council was going to expel them. That seemed par for the course for the Jedi Order and their strict adherence to their moral code.

“How can I help them, Anakin?” he asked.

“You’re the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic,” Anakin pointed out. “Maybe you’ll have some influence with them. Maybe you can…”

“Anakin, my young friend, I do not have that type of power,” Palpatine told him in no uncertain terms. “The Jedi Order is an entity unto themselves. You know this. They have their own rules and regulations. I’m afraid I would not be of any help to your friends.”

Jedi Council Chamber

The moment had come. Obi-Wan and Siri had each received a summons from the Council. Now, they stood patiently outside the large double doors, awaiting a fate unknown.

“What about Zakk?” Siri asked suddenly, and softly.

“What do you mean?”

“If we’re expelled today, do we take our son with us?” she questioned. “We have the right as his parents to remove him from the Order before he’s chosen as a Padawan Learner.”

Obi-Wan thoughts turned to his young son and of all the possibilities for his life.

There was of course Anakin’s vision. If it came true, Zakk would be kidnapped from the Temple itself and would never be seen again.

Or, if they were expelled and walked away from Zakk, the boy would grow up like every other Jedi; he wouldn’t know his parents. He would be chosen as a Padawan and be trained into a Jedi Knight. Someday he would take a student of his own and become a Jedi Master, all the while adhering to the Code his own parents so willingly broke.

If they invoked their right to remove him from the Jedi Order, he would grow up with them, with all the love that the Jedi Order would deny him.

“If we’re expelled, we’ll take Zakk with us,” he finally replied.

Before she could answer, the doors opened and they were instructed to enter.

Palpatine could tell that he hadn’t given Anakin the answer the young man wanted. He had crushed the young man’s hopes. He had Anakin where he wanted him. Now, he reel him in.

“Anakin, perhaps I can help them after they are expelled,” Palpatine offered. “If they are expelled.”

“How?” Anakin asked, hope alive in his blue eyes.

“Well, they’ll both need employment if they are expelled,” he reasoned. “As for Master Kenobi, I am looking for a new personal bodyguard. Do you think that is something he would be interested in pursuing? I expect a Jedi Master would be the perfect choice for such a job.”

Anakin hesitated. Neither he nor Obi-Wan trusted Palpatine, and Anakin knew that the chancellor was Force-sensitive. At least, he strongly suspected that he was Force-sensitive. But, despite that, Anakin knew Obi-Wan would need a job if he were expelled.

“I’ll tell him of your offer,” Anakin conceded.

Palpatine smiled. “Please do. If the worst should happen, have Master Kenobi contact me.”

Anakin agreed, thanked Palpatine for his time and headed back to the Temple.

Obi-Wan had expected to feel anxious when he and Siri stepped before the Council, but all he felt was calm. He had made peace with his situation. He felt confident that whatever the outcome of the meeting, it was the will of the Force.

“Master Kenobi, Master Tachi, you are both here to answer the charge of willingly and blatantly disobeying the Jedi Code,” Master Windu opened. “You stand accused of being married, of not releasing the emotions of love and passion to the Force. What say you?”

They shared a quick look before Obi-Wan nodded at his wife. “We plead guilty to the charges, Master Windu. Master Tachi and I are married. We were married several years ago.”

Adi Gallia, Siri’s former teacher, shook her head in disappointment. From her point of view, her student had betrayed everything she’d ever been taught.

“You have two choices in this situation,” Master Gallia explained. “You may choose to dissolve your marriage and one of you will accept permanent assignment to a satellite temple. In addition, Master Kenobi will be removed as a member of this council. Your second option will almost certainly result in your immediate expulsion from the Jedi Order. You may request that we vote on the situation. The outcome is final.”

Before either of them could speak, Yoda cleared his throat. “Inform the council I must of my involvement in this matter.”

Every other member looked at Yoda, as did Obi-Wan and Siri.

“You have information for us, Master Yoda?” asked Ki-Adi-Mundi.

“Known about the marriage for many years, I have,” Yoda revealed.

Yoda’s stunning revelation brought pure shock to every member of the council. They all knew he kept secrets from them. But something of this magnitude was not something they had ever expected him to hide from them.

“Why did you not reveal this information, Master Yoda?” Windu asked, perplexed.

“Affect their duties as Jedi, it has not,” he defended. “Exemplary Jedi they are. Wise teachers of their apprentices, they have become. Felt it relevant to their performance as Jedi, I did not.”

Master Gallia was shaking her head. She stared at her former apprentice and wondered what happened to the young girl she’d trained. The woman before her now was not the same person she remembered. Now Yoda was telling them that he’d helped keep the secret.

“It does not matter,” Master Gallia finally spoke. “The Code is clear, Master Yoda, even you must agree on that. Their choices are few.”

Yoda looked at Obi-Wan and Siri and they could see the resignation in his eyes. He could not go against the remainder of the Jedi Council. He had defended them and tried to help, but they were beyond that now.

Obi-Wan cleared his throat. “What happens if the vote comes out in our favor?”

Windu looked at Obi-Wan sharply. “It will not, I assure you. Calling for our vote will no doubt assure your immediate expulsion.”

He and Siri shared a look. Her small nod told him all he needed to know. “We will not dissolve our marriage, Masters. We ask for a vote.”

Several members’ faces plainly revealed disappointment in that decision.

“Very well,” Yoda stated. “Please leave us as we further discuss the situation. We will recall you in one hour.”

Obi-Wan and Siri bowed before turning to leave.

“Are we truly going to discuss this further?” Master Gallia questioned angrily. “They have blatantly broken our Code and they show no remorse for their actions. I fail to see what there is to discuss. They should both be expelled.”

“Should we even be considering expelling two of our most powerful Jedi at this point in time?” Plo Koon wondered. “The galaxy is in a perilous situation and we need every Jedi we can get. Perhaps expelling them isn’t the best resolution to this issue.”

“What do you suggest, Master Koon?” Mace Windu asked. “That we let them remain married and suffer no consequence to their defiant actions?”

Master Koon spoke again after a moment of contemplation. “Many, many years ago, before any of us were alive, the Jedi Order allowed attachment in many forms, one of which was marriage. Were they wrong to allow it? I do not believe so. As Master Yoda has said, their marriage as not affected their duties as Jedi. They have performed their duties more than adequately and remain steadfast in their devotion to the Jedi Order as a whole. Are we seriously going to discount that in favor of losing two of our most promising Jedi Masters?”

“There must be consequences to this violation,” Adi Gallia practically spat. “If we allow Master Kenobi and his…wife to remain married then we may as well revoke the entire Code we live by and let anything take place. The entire Order will see it as a change in policy and begin to defy the Code. Master Koon, you referenced the long-ago rule allowing marriages; do you know why that rule was changed?”

He nodded. “I believe it had to do with a very disastrous turn to the dark side when one partner suffered the loss of the other.”

Windu nodded. “That is her point, Master Koon. There are consequences to allowing an attachment of any kind.”

“Masters, I ask you, what is the difference between letting them remain both married and members of the Jedi Order versus expelling them? They still remain able to use the Force to do as they please, only without the guidance of the Order itself. Where is the line drawn? Aren’t we taking as big a chance by expelling them? They will stay married either way. Perhaps it would be best to keep them here where we may…keep an eye on them.”

Master Gallia looked at Kit Fisto as if he’d grown a second head.

The discussion continued for exactly one hour when Yoda put an end to it and called for the vote to take place. “For expulsion or retention, you will vote.”

“Master Gallia, what say you?” he asked.

“Expulsion.”

“Master Koon?”

“Retention.”

“Master Fisto?”

“Retention.”

“Master Koth?”

“Retention.”

“Master Windu?”

The balding Jedi hesitated before casting his vote. With a sigh, he spoke.

“Expulsion.”

The vote went on and within a moment, it had been completed. Yoda signaled for the return of Obi-Wan and Siri who had remained waiting just outside the chamber.

The two once again stood before the Jedi Council.

As the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, it was Yoda’s responsibility to inform them of the decision. He slipped from his chair and motioned for Obi-Wan and Siri to kneel before him. He walked towards them and stopped when he was directly in front of them.

“It is the decision of the Council by a vote of seven to five, that you Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and you Master Siri Tachi be…expelled from the Jedi Order.”

Obi-Wan wasn’t surprised at all. He was disappointed, but not surprised. Siri let only a small gasp leave her lungs before she gathered her emotions and cleared her throat.

“When must we be gone, Masters?” she asked in a voice that betrayed none of her feelings.

“You have forty-eight hours to gather your belongings and say your goodbyes,” Windu told her, his tone neutral. “If there is nothing else, then…”

“Actually, Master Windu, there is something else,” Siri began. “Obi-Wan and I have one more matter to address.”

“Yes?”

They again shared a look and a small nod. Siri took a deep breath before she revealed the last piece of information regarding their situation.

“Masters, as you know, it is the right of every parent to remove their child from the Jedi Order before that child reaches his or her thirteenth lifeday,” she stated.

Master Gallia nodded. “I fail to see the relevance of that statement in regards to this matter.”

Obi-Wan glared at his wife’s former mentor. “Master Gallia, since we have been expelled, we wish to inform this council that we will in turn be removing Initiate Zakk Zhantari from the Order as is our right as his…parents.”

Stunned silence gripped the council once again. The discovery of their marriage had brought shock, but the revelation that they also had a child brought utter disbelief to the assembled Masters.

“Parents?” Windu ventured softly.

Siri nodded. “That’s correct, Master Windu. Zakk Zhantari is our son. His birth name is Zakk Kenobi. He will very soon celebrate his sixth lifeday. As we are expelled, we wish our son to be with us.”

Adi Gallia was looking at her former student with thinly veiled disgust. “I am ashamed to have been your master, Siri.”

Siri looked at her and shook her head. “I am sorry you feel that way, but I would not change a thing in my life. I have found a happiness that I did not believe existed. Masters, I love my husband and I love my son. I realize and accept that those things make me a bad Jedi, but they also make me a very good person. I believe that your decision to expel us is the right one. I would not give up my husband or my son simply to remain a Jedi.”

Obi-Wan reached out and took her hand in his, entwining their fingers. “I agree with my wife, Masters. Our lives as husband and wife and as parents to our young son must come before being Jedi. Only now, when forced to choose, do I understand that there was no choice to be made at all. My first duty must be to my family. They are my happiness and my future.”

Yoda, still standing before the kneeling couple, nodded solemnly. “Before you leave this chamber, your lightsabers I must have.”

Obi-Wan and Siri unclipped their sabers and handed them over to Yoda. He clipped them to his own belt.

“Wish it to be different, I do,” he said quietly to the couple. “Wish you well, I do. May the Force be with you.”

Siri’s eyes watered. Obi-Wan’s breath caught in his throat.

“May the Force be with you as well, Master Yoda.”

He returned to his chair and they stood.

“Dismissed you are, Mr. Kenobi, Lady Kenobi.”

When they reached Obi-Wan’s quarters, they found both Anakin and Ferus waiting for them.

“Well?” Anakin asked as both young men jumped up from the sofa.

Obi-Wan motioned for both of them to sit back down as he and Siri sat across from them. They knew that the decision of the Council was going to upset both young men greatly.

“The Council voted seven to five to…expel us,” Siri stated softly, wishing desperately that she could soften the blow to both padawans. “We have forty-eight hours to…vacate the premises.”

Ferus’ expression was one of sheer dejection while Anakin’s was pure anger.

“They can’t do that!” Anakin yelled as he again jumped from his seat. “You belong here!”

Obi-Wan stood and went to his padawans and gripped his shoulders tightly. Their eyes met and Obi-Wan smiled gently. “It’s alright, Padawan. We both knew this was a possible and probable outcome.”

“That doesn’t make it right, Master,” Anakin complained. “This is wrong. You and Siri are two of the most powerful Jedi alive and the Order just throws you away because you love each other. My mother let me choose my own path and was able to live with my choice because she thought the Jedi were noble and honest and true. Well, we were both wrong. I won’t stay here when the Council does something like this, Master. I’m going to resign my…”

“Me too,” Ferus interrupted as he stood. “Anakin is right, Masters. This is not right.”

Siri moved to embrace her padawan as Obi-Wan did the same to Anakin. Each young man was emotional in his own way and neither was thinking clearly. Resigning their positions within the Jedi Order was not the answer. It would only make matters worse.

“Ferus, no,” Siri said as she pulled back and grasped his face between her soft hands. “You mustn’t make an impetuous decision due to my circumstances. You are so close to being made a knight. While I won’t be here to see all of your hard work come to fruition, I want nothing more than for you to have that experience. Through all our years together I’ve always known that you will make an excellent Jedi Knight. I want you to finish your training.”

Ferus nodded. “For you, Master.”

Siri hugged him again as Obi-Wan was having a similar conversation with his own troubled student.

“I won’t stay,” Anakin insisted. “They’re hypocrites. They’re always teaching compassion and truth, and then they do this.”

“Anakin, I know it seems unfair, and I’ll admit to being angry myself,” Obi-Wan said quietly. “But you have to stay and complete your training, if only to prove them wrong.”

At that, Anakin smiled widely.

“You have so much potential, and it has absolutely nothing to do with being the Chosen One,” Obi-Wan pointed out. “You are one of the most caring and compassionate individuals I’ve ever met and it’s been my pleasure and my honor to train you.”

Tears stung Anakin’s eyes. Praise from Obi-Wan had been rare when Anakin was a child. Now, as an adult he reveled in it.

“I will be extremely proud of you when you do achieve the rank of Jedi Knight,” he then told the younger man. “You will succeed, Anakin.”

“For you, Master,” he repeated Ferus’ words.

Obi-Wan nodded. “Good. Now, for another pressing situation; Siri and I both know that the two of you haven’t always gotten along and that your more recent attempts at civility have been for our benefit.”

Both Ferus and Anakin blushed.

Everyone was once again seated as Obi-Wan continued. “I won’t pretend that it’s going to be easy for either of you once Siri and I leave. You’ll both be assigned new masters and you’ll be expected to move on as if nothing has occurred. When that happens, you’re both going to need a friend who understands what the other is thinking and feeling.”

Anakin and Ferus exchanged a look.

“You want us to be friends, not for you, but for…us?” Ferus questioned. “Why?”

Siri smiled. “Whether the two of you know it or not, you’re quite similar.”

The laughter that burst forth from Anakin had the other three staring at him in amusement. “Sorry.”

“As I was saying, the two of you are compassionate, loyal and friendly,” Siri pointed out. “Some of your other traits complement each other quite well. Anakin, you’re impetuous and spontaneous. Ferus, you think things through before making a choice. Admirable traits all, but not present in both of you.”

“You’d make a good team,” Obi-Wan tossed in. “Siri and I grew up together. We didn’t always get along and we were competitive, but we were also friends that looked out for one another.”

Anakin took a moment to contemplate the suggestion. He knew Obi-Wan was right about his traits and Ferus’s complimenting one another. Even if he didn’t like it, he could see the truth and logic in being friends with the other young man.

Ferus looked at Anakin and raised his eyebrows in silent question. When Anakin nodded, Ferus spoke.

“Alright,” he said. “We’ll make the effort to be friends.”

“We’ll look out for each other, too,” Anakin added.

Pleased at how easily that had gone, Obi-Wan and Siri spent the next few hours just sitting and talking with their padawans. Their time was dwindling at an alarming rate and they wanted to savor every moment that remained.

It was late evening before Obi-Wan and Siri had made the decision to go to their son and reveal his parentage to him. They hoped that the young boy would have some understanding when they told him they were his parents. He’d known them both his entire life, but only as a Jedi should. The concept of parents was taught vaguely to the initiates in the Temple.

The crèche master greeted them and directed them to Zakk’s location. The little boy was playing with a toy that guided him in the use of telekinesis. He was concentrating hard and appeared to be having success as the toy was elevated several inches above the floor.

“Zakk,” Siri called out softly as they came upon the boy.

He turned at the call of his name and a bright smile broke across his features when he spotted her.

“Masta Tachi!” he squealed as he climbed to his feet and ran to her.

Obi-Wan watched as Siri caught the small boy in her arms and lifted him for a hug. They seemed quite familiar with one another and there was an obvious attachment between them. He’d always known that Siri spent more time in the crèche than he did, but he’d never realized how close his wife and son were.

He had spent time with Zakk as well, but the relationship wasn’t nearly as developed. Despite that, he knew that the attachment between them that did exist would help ease his young son into the forthcoming situation.

Siri kissed Zakk’s cheek and then set him back on his feet. The boy looked over at Obi-Wan and waved. “Hi, Masta Ben.”

Obi-Wan knelt down and opened his arms. Zakk immediately hugged him, though not as tightly as he’d hugged his mother. When the pulled apart, Zakk stepped back and Obi-Wan stood.

“Zakk, Master Ben and I have something to tell you,” Siri said softly, tears coming to her eyes.

Zakk met her eyes with his own, curiosity in his blue-gray eyes. “What?”

Obi-Wan smiled at the innocent question. Siri cleared her throat as she and Obi-Wan both knelt in front of the boy. Siri reached out and pulled him to her. She rested both of her hands on his tiny waist.

“Master Ben and I are…we’re your…your mother and father,” she finally got out.

Zakk didn’t say a word nor did his facial expression change; at first.

20. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    I bet Zakk will have a big smile for them! I enjoyed the update and I will check my pms I am bad at watching them.

21. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    That was simply outstanding Jen. =D=

Wow... the debate at the chamber was riveting. All of the Jedi masters were written wonderfully. Boy was Adi harsh to Siri!

I really liked when Anakin lashed out at the council. Those hypocrites!

Well, at least Zakk heard the truth before the abduction.

Easily one of the best fics out there. Thanks for sharing such a splendid tale.

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for the PM [:D]

Oh my...Palpy asking if Obi would like to be his bodyguard... [face_laugh] the irony in that! [face_devil]

Poor Obi and Siri :( I also feel for Yoda, if he had his way they'd still be in.

Glad to see that Anakin and Ferus will attempt to be civil ;)

Can't wait to see what the lil one's reaction will be! Hopefully good. I bet he'll pop off that he already knew ;) LOL!

Great chapter! =D=

23. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    A very moving chapter=D=
    How do you manage to bring inot such a chapter something resembling a cliffhangar far too much??[face_frustrated]
    :_| Poor Obi and Siri, I bet the Jedi will regret having them thrown out though I hope Obi won't accept Palpatine's offer... [face_worried]

24. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    obsessedwithSW I bet Zakk will have a big smile for them!

He just might. ;)

I enjoyed the update and I will check my pms I am bad at watching them.

Thank you. :)

epithree That was simply outstanding Jen.

Thanks so much. [face_dancing]

Wow... the debate at the chamber was riveting. All of the Jedi masters were written wonderfully. Boy was Adi harsh to Siri!

Yeah, I think that's one Jedi Master with some anger issues of her own.

Kynstar Thanks for the PM

You're welcome.

Poor Obi and Siri I also feel for Yoda, if he had his way they'd still be in.

Yeah, Yoda did his best, but he just couldn't go against the rest of the council. :(

GeneralKenobi7 How do you manage to bring inot such a chapter something resembling a cliffhangar far too much??

Oh, I just love cliffies. [face_devil]

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Adi didn't have to be so - nasty. Brrrrrr.

Expelled - the Council blew that one, big time. Plo and Kit made some very good points, but at least Obi & Siri have each other - and their son (fingers crossed because one never knows what Palps has in mind).