main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Secrets of the Jedi (post-AotC AU; Siriwan; A/P) **Updated 3/13/12-Epilogue** Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, May 25, 2005.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Valairy_Scot Adi didn't have to be so - nasty. Brrrrrr.

She certainly has issues, doesn't she? :D

Chapter 25 (Part 2 of 2)

A wide smile lit Zakk’s face as he stared at Obi-Wan and Siri. They had just told him that they were his mother and father.

“I know,” he said in his soft voice.

“How do you know?” Siri asked her son. “Did someone tell you?”

The little boy shook his head. “Da Force towd me.”

Obi-Wan smiled. The Force was very strong in his son. “Are you okay with us being your mother and father?”

Zakk’s nod was enthusiastic. “But, why don’t da utter Jedi have mudders and fadders?”

“Well,” Siri began. “They do have mothers and fathers, just not ones that live here with them. You’re very special because you have us with you.”

Zakk smiled, showing off his shiny white teeth. Siri couldn’t help but pull her son into her arms once more. Now that she had no reason to be distant with him, she was going to be the mother she’d always wanted to be for him. He was going to be smothered in hugs and affection.

“Zakk, we have something else to ask you,” Obi-Wan explained. “Siri and I aren’t…we aren’t going to be living here with the Jedi anymore. We’re going to be living in a home and we want you to come live with us. Would you like to do that?”

He didn’t answer right away and they could see that he was thinking. His tongue was protruding slightly through his pursed lips and his head was tilted sideways just a tad.

After more than five minutes during which they waited patiently, Obi-Wan and Siri were about to speak when Zakk beat them to it.

“I wanna go wif you,” he declared. “Stiw be a Jedi?”

Siri nodded. “You’ll still learn to use the Force, but you…you won’t be a Jedi. Master Ben and I aren’t going to be Jedi anymore either.”

“I no be a Jedi den,” Zakk decided immediately, the Force speaking clearly to him that his path lay with his parents.

They spoke quietly with their son for another few moments before the crèche master came to them and told them that it was time for Zakk to go to bed.

Obi-Wan stood and turned to speak with the crèche master. He quickly explained the situation and informed the man that they would be taking Zakk with them that night and he would stay with them until they left the Temple.

Despite being stunned at the news of their expulsion, the man took it all in stride. He informed Obi-Wan and Siri that they could take Zakk and he would see that his possessions, which were very few, were sent to Obi-Wan’s quarters that evening.

They thanked him and Obi-Wan picked up his nearly six year-old son and the small family headed for Obi-Wan’s quarters to settle in for the evening.

Forty-Eight Hours After The Expulsion

The time had come for Obi-Wan and Siri to leave the Jedi Temple. They were both dressed in civilian clothing as they secured their son in an air speeder that Yoda given them several hours earlier. It belonged to the Temple, but Yoda told them that it was a gift from him to them.

“Well, that’s everything,” Siri said. “All of our belongings are loaded and Zakk is secured.”

Anakin and Ferus were standing just off to the side. They were both under the watchful eyes of Masters Windu and Gallia. They’d been given fifteen minutes to say their goodbyes and make their way back inside the Temple where they were confined to their quarters until they were each assigned to new masters.

Siri turned to Ferus and smiled wistfully. He was a grown man and she knew that he’d be a knight very soon. That thought suddenly made her very sad. He would take the step into knighthood without her.

“Come give me a hug,” she finally said, her voice cracking with barely suppressed emotion.

Ferus leaned down to hug her and felt safe in her arms, just as he had as a boy. She hugged him tightly for several moments before pulling back.

“Remember, be a friend to Anakin,” Siri told him. “Support each other.”

Ferus nodded and swallowed past the rapidly forming lump in his throat. “I will, Mas…Siri.”

She smiled through her tears as he said her name. She’d informed him the day before that he was free to use her name now that she was no longer a Jedi. At first he’d refused, saying that it was too awkward, but now he felt it appropriate.

Meanwhile, Obi-Wan and Anakin were having a similar conversation.

Anakin wasn’t ashamed of the tears that were sliding down his cheeks. “What am I gonna do without you, Master?”

Obi-wan pulled the young man into a hug and spoke quietly and forcefully. “You’re going to become the Jedi I know you can be. You’re going to be a good husband to Padme. Someday you’re going to be a wonderful father.”

They pulled away and shook hands. “May the Force be with you, my Padawan.”

Anakin took a deep breath and nodded. “And with you, Obi-Wan. Take care of your family. I’m going to miss you.”

“Me too, Anakin,” he said, tears beginning to shine in his eyes as well.

Anakin then moved to hug Siri. “I’m glad he has you.”

She kissed Anakin’s cheek and pulled away from him leaving her hands on his broad shoulders.

“I’m extremely grateful that he’s had you all these years,” she told him. “You’ve saved his life on more occasions than I can recall.”

Anakin shrugged. “Someone had to.”

They laughed together while next to them Obi-Wan gave Ferus a friendly hug. “Be well, Ferus.”

“I will,” he assured the older man. “I…wish things could be different. I wish it hadn’t come to this.”

“We all do,” Obi-Wan stated. “But things happen for a reason. Perhaps someday I’ll understand why this happened.”

“Padawan Olin, Padawan Skywalker, it’s time to return to your quarters,” called Master Gallia from several yards away.

Anakin turned to glare at her while Ferus merely nodded.

“Goodbye,” all four of them said in unison, causing smiles to cross each of their faces.

As Obi-Wan and Siri climbed into the air speeder, Anakin and Ferus walked slowly back towards Master Gallia and Master Windu.

“Wanna get something to eat, if they let us?” Anakin asked Ferus as they walked shoulder to shoulder.

Ferus nodded. “Sure.”

The air speeder took off and Obi-Wan guided it expertly into traffic, taking his family away from the Jedi and the only life any of them had ever known. The unknown was a bit frightening, but Obi-Wan knew they would make it work.

“Goodbye, younglings,” Yoda muttered from his hidden place in the hangar bay.

Hours after Obi-Wan and Siri had left; Anakin was wandering through the halls. He heard the whisperings of other Jedi as he passed them. The expulsion of two prominent and powerful Jedi had spread quickly through the ranks.

Though he and Ferus had been confined to their quarters except for meals, Anakin had no intention of staying in his quarters. However, he was sure Ferus remained exactly where Master Gallia had told him to. The older Padawan just wasn’t a rule-breaker.

As he walked, Anakin’s comlink began chirping at him. He grabbed it quickly from his belt. He knew it couldn’t be anyone within the Temple. They’d have just used to internal comm system.

“Skywalker,” he answered crisply.

“Anakin, this is Chancellor Palpatine.”

Anakin was stunned. He didn’t even know that the Chancellor had his personal comm channel. Frankly, it worried Anakin that Palpatine had it.

“Chancellor, what may I do for you?” Anakin asked formally.

“Are you free to meet me in my office today?”

Deciding it was worth the risk, Anakin answered. “Of course. I can be there within the hour, Your Excellency.”

They closed communication and Anakin began devising his escape plan.

“I have been informed that Masters Kenobi and Tachi have been expelled,” Palpatine said to Anakin as the two met in his office.

Anakin nodded, wondering who had informed him. “They left the Temple earlier today. If I may, Chancellor, why did you call me here?”

Palpatine smiled cordially. “As I mentioned to you several days ago, I am in need of a new personal bodyguard. If you would be so kind as to get in touch with Master Kenobi, I would like to offer him the position.”

Anakin stayed silent for so long that Palpatine became nervous.

“If you think he won’t…”

Anakin interrupted. “I honestly don’t know what his answer will be, Chancellor. But, I will contact him and let him know of your offer.”

“Wonderful,” he said with a grin. “Now, as for Master Tachi, I understand that she gained undercover experience as a Jedi.”

Anakin nodded in confirmation.

“Should she wish, I have secured her a position with the Senate Bureau of Intelligence,” Palpatine revealed, his eyes shining.

Anakin nodded once, and stood. “I’ll have them both contact you, Chancellor.”

Palpatine watched as the young man left his office. A sinister smile made it way across his face. He knew that if he could get both Obi-Wan and Siri in his employ, getting to their son would be much easier.

Sneaking back into the Temple proved no more difficult than sneaking out had been. It surprised Anakin how easily another Jedi could be mind-tricked. One simple suggestion and Anakin was past security.

It was so late at night by the time he reached his quarters, Anakin decided against contacting Obi-Wan. Besides, waiting until the next day would gave him time to figure out what he was going to say. However, despite the time difference between Coruscant and Naboo, he decided to contact his wife.

The beeping of the comm station in her bedroom awakened Padme. She put on her robe and walked to the unit and sat down. Pressing a few buttons, she came face to face with her husband.

“Anakin,” she greeted happily despite the hour.

“I’m sorry for waking you, my love,” he apologized. “I just…I needed to see your face, hear your voice.”

She could see the sadness that lingered in his eyes. “What’s wrong, Ani?”

He took a deep breath and told her the entire story of Obi-Wan and Siri. He relayed Palpatine’s employment offer for both of them. Finally, he told her of his concerns about Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Siri.

“Do you want me to come back to Coruscant, Anakin?” she asked when he finished.

Anakin wanted to say no. He knew she was safer on Naboo and with her family. He didn’t want her anywhere near Palpatine, but he also, selfishly, wanted her with him. His life was changing and would continue to change in the next few days and the support of his wife would be greatly appreciated. So, in a moment of weakness, he made a choice.

“Yes.”

The next morning came and Anakin awoke with a purpose in mind. Zakk’s sixth lifeday was quickly approaching and Anakin saw that occasion as the perfect opportunity to once again sneak away from the Temple and speak with his former master about Palpatine’s offer.

He grabbed his comlink off his bedside table and punched in Ferus’ code.

“Olin,” his voice crackled.

“Olin, it’s Skywalker,” Anakin said. “I have a…proposition for you, if you’re interested. Are you alone?”

Silence prevailed for several moments. “Yes. What kind of proposition?”

“Zakk’s sixth lifeday is in a couple of days,” he began. “I want to sneak out of the Temple and go to Orowood to see him, Obi-Wan and Siri. I want you to come with me.”

In his room, Ferus shook his head.

“How do you propose we manage that?”

Anakin smirked as he relayed his tale of sneaking out the night before and going to see Palpatine. When he knew Ferus was sufficiently flabbergasted, he spoke again.

“I know you want to see them as much as I do,” he told the older man. “They want us to be friends. We’re different as night and day, we both admit that, but we need to start working together. I know you don’t like breaking rules and I can accept that, most of the time. But, my mom used to tell me something when I was little that didn’t make sense then, but does now.”

“What was that?”

“She used to say that someday I would have to choose between doing what is right and what is easy,” Anakin said somberly. “Ferus, doing this is right. Staying here and following the rules and being a puppet of the Council would be easy. It wouldn’t rock the boat and all of the masters would be pleased with us. But, it’s wrong, and I can’t…I won’t do it. From here on in, I’m doing what’s right. You with me?”

Again, there was silence. Anakin feared he had pushed Ferus too far. Just as he was about to tell him to forget the entire thing, Ferus spoke.

“I’ll go with you.”

Three Days Later

After days of doing nothing but eating, sleeping and sparring, Anakin was looking forward to going to see Obi-Wan.

He and Ferus had been spending their days brushing up on their classes and sparring with one another to pass the time. The masters had left them alone except for checking on each of them once a day to make certain they were getting along without their teachers.

Now, it was just after breakfast and Anakin was making his way out of the dining hall. He entered the lift that would take him to the hangar bay and was met by Ferus when he stepped out. Both young men were dressed in civilian clothing as to blend in with the civilian employees of the Temple.

“Are you sure this is going to work?” Ferus asked as they approached a Coruscant Power air speeder.

Anakin nodded as he smiled. “Of course I’m sure. Haven’t you ever sto…borrowed an air speeder before?”

Ferus’ look gave Anakin his answer.

“Well, I have,” Anakin revealed, relaying the story of going after Padme’s would-be assassin. “Everything worked out fine then and it will now.”

As the two jumped into the speeder and Anakin gunned the repulsorlift engine, they could both hear yelling behind them.

Orowood Tower
    Kenobi Residence

Obi-Wan stood in the doorway sipping from a cup of hot caf as he watched his wife and son. Zakk, who had taken to climbing into their bed at night, was curled against his Siri’s side as they both slept peacefully. He knew that Zakk’s nightmares, which had developed the very first night in the apartment, were the cause of his nightly trek into their bed. He also knew that at some point the boy would have to go back to sleeping in his own bed.

A chirping of the door chime brought Obi-Wan out of his thoughts. He walked down the hallway into the main room and over to the door. When he keyed it open, he was surprised to see Anakin and Ferus standing there, each clad in Coruscant Power uniforms.

“What are you doing here?” he asked as he let then two young men into the apartment. They each went to the couch and sat down.

Anakin smiled easily. “We came for Zakk’s lifeday. Where is he?”

Obi-Wan was speechless.

“Close your mouth, Obi-Wan, you’ll catch Dekk flies,” Anakin quipped.

“How did you two get out of the Temple?”

“Anakin and I…appropriated an air speeder,” Ferus told him.

As Obi-Wan was shaking his head, Siri appeared with Zakk in her arms. Her eyes caught sight of her former apprentice and Anakin and a huge smile crossed her features.

“How did you two get here?” she repeated Obi-Wan’s question. “Aren’t you confined to the Temple?”

Anakin sheepishly told her the story while Ferus merely nodded when the situation warranted it.

Siri sat down on the couch between Anakin and Ferus, Zakk still in her arms. The boy was obviously sleepy, but he was watching Anakin with sharp eyes.

“Hi, Zakk,” Anakin said gently, hoping the boy remembered him. He’d seen Zakk quite a few times, but they’d only officially met once.

Zakk smiled at him. “Hi, An’kin.”

Anakin beamed. “He remembers me.”

“Who could possibly forget you, Skywalker?” Ferus asked sarcastically.

Obi-Wan chuckled at the small dig at his former padawan. He found the banter between Anakin and Ferus quite humorous at times.

“I hate to break the…jovial mood, but if you two went to the trouble of sneaking out of the Temple, there must be a good reason,” Siri commented. “Care to share?”

Anakin looked at Obi-Wan. “I need to talk to you; alone.”

Obi-Wan nodded as he stood. He looked at Siri and heard her introducing their son to Ferus.

“Come on, Anakin,” he said. “We can go onto the balcony.”

“Go on,” Siri said, having heard the conversation. “The three of us will be fine.”

Anakin followed Obi-Wan through the kitchen and out onto the balcony. The view of the mountains was amazing.

“What’s on your mind, Anakin?” Obi-Wan asked he leaned against the railing.

Anakin took a deep breath. “You’re going to be angry with me. But, please understand, I…I had to do something.”

“Why don’t you start by telling me what it is you did.”

It all came out in a rush. “I went to Chancellor Palpatine and asked him if he could help you and Siri with employment since you were going to be expelled. He com’d me a few days ago and…”

“And what!?” Obi-Wan demanded.

“He asked me to tell you that if you want them, he has two positions for you and Siri.”

Obi-Wan didn’t know what to say. Of all people he’d have guessed Anakin might go to with such a request, the politician that neither of them liked or trusted was certainly not on the list. Yet, he’d heard it with his own ears. Anakin had gone to Palpatine.

“Why would you do such a thing?” he finally asked, his voice pained. “You don’t trust him, so why?”

Anakin’s shoulders sagged. “It’s because I don’t trust him that I went. I thought that…that maybe being close to him might…help.”

Obi-Wan sighed. “Help what, Anakin? He may not be a Sith Lord and he may not even be working with or for the Sith Lord, but we do know that he’s hiding something.”

“Don’t you think that if you worked for him you might be able to find out what that is?” Anakin questioned rationally.

“What are these jobs exactly?” he wanted to know.

The corner of Anakin’s lips lifted in a slight smile. “He wants you to be his personal bodyguard and he has a position for Siri in the Senate Intelligence Bureau.”

Obi-Wan’s eyes raised in surprise. “If he’s truly hiding something of any real importance he’s taking a big chance having two Jedi in such key roles. Could be a decoy move.”

Anakin turned to face his friend. “I’m sorry, Master. I didn’t mean…I really did just want to help you.”

Obi-Wan rested a hand on Anakin’s shoulder. “You have, Anakin. You’re right. Being close to him might help determine if the distrust we feel has any basis in reality.”

The two continued to talk for a few moments before Anakin suddenly yelped in excitement. “I almost forgot. I brought Zakk a lifeday present.”

Obi-Wan smiled. “Well, let’s go back inside so you can give it to him.”

Zakk was enthralled with the book Anakin had given him entitled Starfighters of the Galaxy. The holos of all the different starfighters had him captivated.

“Trying to turn my son into a budding pilot, Anakin?” Siri asked jokingly.

Anakin blushed. “Well, Obi-Wan hates flying. Someone has to teach him.”

Ferus had given Zakk several starfighter model kits.

“When did you two shop for these things?” Obi-Wan asked.

Ferus chuckled. “We stopped on the way here.”

Everyone laughed while Zakk continued to play with his new toys.

After Anakin and Ferus had left the apartment, Obi-Wan told Siri the situation concerning the offers of employment with Palpatine. She’d been angry, but no so much that she didn’t see the benefit of the situation. She knew he didn’t trust Palpatine, and she immediately came to the decision that they should take the offer.

“I’ll get in touch with him then,” Obi-Wan said. “I hope it’s the right decision.”

“Me too,” she echoed.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh... [face_worried] They're thinking about taking on the jobs? Well I can understand why, but scary...

Great update! Boys seem to be doing ok w/o Siri and Obi, but how long can that last? ;) [face_laugh]

3. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    ?Who could possibly forget you, Skywalker?? Ferus asked sarcastically.
    [face_laugh] He has a point...

Yay for Ferus going with Anakin!

As always really good chapter. I'm already waiting for the next one;)

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

After Anakin and Ferus had left the apartment, Obi-Wan told Siri the situation concerning the offers of employment with Palpatine. She?d been angry, but no so much that she didn?t see the benefit of the situation. She knew he didn?t trust Palpatine, and she immediately came to the decision that they should take the offer.

?I?ll get in touch with him then,? Obi-Wan said. ?I hope it?s the right decision.?

?Me too,? she echoed.

DON'T TAKE THE JOBS!

But I see why they did.

I still can't believe the Council actually expelled those two. <shakes head>

5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Kynstar face_worried] They're thinking about taking on the jobs? Well I can understand why, but scary...

Very scary!

Great update! Boys seem to be doing ok w/o Siri and Obi, but how long can that last? ;)[face_laugh]

Exactly. Great never seems to last long in the SW universe, does it? ;)

GeneralKenobi7 ?Who could possibly forget you, Skywalker?? Ferus asked sarcastically.
    [face_laugh] He has a point...

He really does. Anakin is pretty unforgettable. :)

Valairy-Scot I still can't believe the Council actually expelled those two. <shakes head>

What were they thinking? I have no idea. ;)

Chapter 26

The Following Morning

Obi-Wan used every ounce of control he had not to fidget as he and Siri stood waiting for Palpatine to invite them into his office. Beside him, Siri was as calm as could be.

“You may enter now,” his assistant told them after a brief communication from Palpatine.

Obi-Wan and Siri entered the opulent office and were invited to sit.

“I must tell you, I was quite surprised to hear from you, Master Kenobi,” Palpatine began. “I feared you would not even consider my offer.”

“I’ll admit, Chancellor, that at first I didn’t consider it,” Obi-Wan said. “A chat with a friend changed my mind.”

Palpatine smiled. “Ah. Anakin Skywalker, no doubt. It was Anakin whom I contacted about the positions. He had come to me and asked if there might be anything I could do to help.”

Obi-Wan could sense that Palpatine was hoping the news of Anakin’s visit with him would come as a surprise. “He informed me that he had asked. I…we appreciated his effort.”

Palpatine smiled politely. “Yes. Anyhow, I’m sure Anakin told you that I have two positions open to which I believe the two of you are uniquely suited. If you accept, Obi-Wan…may I call you Obi-Wan?”

“Of course,” he answered. “Master Kenobi is hardly appropriate any longer.”

“Then Obi-Wan, should you accept the position as my personal bodyguard, you would in effect be in charge of the entire Red Guard, who are tasked with my daily protection,” Palpatine explained. “As of right now, I have one of them guarding my person while the rest protect the offices and other areas I enter. With you on board, I would have a fully trained Jedi guarding my person, which I see as infinitely more…advantageous to my protection. You would go where I go during the daytime hours, all of the time, no exceptions. In the evenings, after I retire to my private quarters, you would be excused and a member of the Red Guard would take over until the following morning. Does this sound like something you’d be interested in undertaking?”

He flashed back to his conversation with Anakin about getting close to Palpatine. He admitted then and still believed now that perhaps it was a good move to make. So, having already discussed it with his wife, he did the only thing he could.

“I accept,” he said, sharing a sidelong look with Siri.

Palpatine beamed. “Wonderful. I’ll have my senior guard give you a datapad containing all of the information you’ll need regarding my daily schedule and routine. Welcome aboard, Obi-Wan.”

Obi-Wan shook the offered hand and then watched as Palpatine quickly turned his attention to Siri.

“As for you my dear, I have a position within the leadership of the Senate Intelligence Bureau,” he said in his sickeningly sweet voice.

Siri’s brow rose. “The leadership? I was under the impression that I was only being offered a position within the organization, not with the leadership.”

Palpatine looked thoughtful before speaking. “Do you not want to work with the leadership?”

Siri shrugged. “To be honest, Chancellor, I prefer to simply work within the organization. I’m…eager to leave behind the majority of the responsibility I had while I was a member of the Jedi Order.”

Inside, Palpatine was pleased with her answer. “Very well. The intelligence analysts will be pleased to have another member on their team. I understand you undertook a long undercover mission as a Jedi that required covert operations and intelligence gathering.”

Siri nodded her confirmation.

“Splendid,” he intoned. “If possible, I’d like you both to report for duty at the beginning of next week.”

Obi-Wan nodded. “That’ll be fine.”

Palpatine stood, but spoke before letting them go. “Any questions?”

Siri stood, as did Obi-Wan. “Did Anakin happen to mention to you why we were expelled from the Order?”

He looked at Siri strangely, as if wondering why she was curious if he knew the reason. Of course, he did know, but he had no intention of letting them know that.

“No, he did not,” he told her. “Is it important?”

“Perhaps not in the grand scheme of things, but in relation to possible scheduling conflicts, I believe you should be aware that Obi-Wan and I are married.”

Palpatine did a wonderful job of looking and acting shocked at the news without betraying anything through the Force. “I…I had no idea.”

“We would just appreciate it if we had some sort of normalcy with our working schedules, if at all possible,” she then said.

Palpatine shook his head. “Of course, I’ll speak personally with your supervisor, Ms. Tachi. There should be no trouble getting the two of you home together in the evenings.”

They thanked him and as they left, Palpatine smiled evilly. His plan was coming together nicely. He now had Obi-Wan and Siri within his grasp, which of course put their young son near his grasp as well.

The Jedi Temple
    Council Chambers

Anakin and Ferus hadn’t been as fortunate in their return to the Temple as they had been with their escape the day before. They’d been caught by Master Windu and had been ordered to his quarters where he kept an eye on them both all night.

Now, the next morning brought with it a summons to the Council Chamber, where they each now stood. Every pair of eyes was upon them; their gazes penetrating the calm each young man was trying to project. Neither knew why they had been summoned but they knew that it couldn’t be good.

“Padawan Olin and Padawan Skywalker, the two of you have been summoned before this council because it has been decided whom your new masters will be,” Mace Windu said without preamble.

Ferus’ eyes widened while Anakin choked back a gasp. This was the moment they’d both been dreading since Obi-Wan and Siri had been expelled.

“Someone good I hope,” Anakin muttered to himself.

“What was that, Padawan Skywalker?” Master Plo Koon questioned, having heard Anakin speak.

“I said I hope it’s someone good,” Anakin repeated loud enough for all to hear. “Of course no one will be as good as Obi-Wan.”

The Council wasn’t used to such insolent behavior, even from Anakin. “Obi-Wan Kenobi has been expelled from this Order and you will not…”

“Oh, but I will,” Anakin interrupted Adi Gallia. “I will speak of him and think of him. He raised me from the time I was nine years old. You expect me to just forget that and move on; I won’t.”

Ferus closed his eyes as he stood next to Anakin. He knew the younger man was treading on fragile ground with his angry words.

“Control yourself you will, Padawan Skywalker,” Yoda said softly from his seat. “A time for disharmony, this is not.”

Though not ashamed of his words or attitude, Anakin did dip his head in apology. His respect for Yoda was the only thing drawing even the smallest amount of contrition out of him.

“Now, back to the task at hand,” Windu began again. “Padawan Olin, please step forward.”

With a deep breath, Ferus took two small steps forward.

“After lengthy discussion concerning your abilities and your status as a senior padawan nearing your trials, it has been determined that you will be assigned to Master Adi Gallia for the remainder of your training.”

Ferus suppressed the urge to howl out loud in protest. He’d always been of the opinion that the woman was far too hard on Siri. He respected her position as a Jedi Master and Council member, but on a personal level he thought her rude and overbearing in her disposition.

He inclined his head. “Yes, Master.”

Anakin snickered quietly next to him. He felt bad for Ferus, but also immensely grateful that he wasn’t going to be her student.

“Padawan Olin, you may go to your quarters and retrieve your belongings and take them to my quarters,” Master Gallia said to him. “You may decorate your room as you wish. When I am finished here, we will head to the training rooms so I may evaluate your skills.”

“Yes, Master Gallia,” Ferus said as he bowed.

Anakin watched as Ferus then quickly turned and escaped the room. Now Anakin was alone.

“Padawan Skywalker, step forward you will,” Yoda said.

Anakin closed his eyes as he took a step forward. He opened them after a moment and awaited his fate.

He suppressed the urge to turn around when Master Windu summoned another person into the room. He knew that it was his new master, whoever he or she might be.

“Padawan Skywalker, Knight Reeft has requested that he be allowed to finish your training,” Windu revealed.

Anakin couldn’t suppress his smile. He turned and noticed the tall Dressellian standing off to the side. Reeft gave Anakin a small grin and motioned for him to face the Council again.

“We discussed this matter at length, and while several members were not in agreement, we have decided that Knight Reeft will be allowed to complete your training,” Windu said.

Anakin beamed, as did Reeft. He’d never expected that his request would come to fruition due to his friendship with Obi-Wan. He was pleasantly surprised, and he suspected that Yoda might have had something to do with the outcome.

“Thank you, Masters,” Reeft said as he finally moved forward, coming to a stop not in front of Anakin, but next to him. “I assure you, Anakin will be in good hands.”

The meeting went on for several minutes longer before Reeft and Anakin were dismissed.

The moment they were out of the room, Anakin practically jumped for joy. “I was so sure I’d get some stuffy, rule-following master.”

Reeft smiled as they walked. “Well, when Obi-Wan sent me a message informing of the situation and his immanent expulsion, I knew I had to do something. I know that…Garen would have made the request if he was here, but I thought that since…I mean, I know we don’t know each other very well, but…”

Anakin turned to face his new master. “Reeft, I’m glad it’s you. Yes, I was closer to Garen and Siri than you and Bant, but I’ve known you since I was nine years old. This is a good thing.”

Reeft was thankful that Anakin felt that way. The young man would be his first padawan and he was nervous, but he’d felt that he owed it to Obi-Wan to complete Anakin’s training. He knew his friend would have done the same thing were their positions reversed.

“What should we do first?” Anakin asked as they resumed walking.

“Well, I thought it might be good if you stay in familiar surroundings, so I’ve planned to have my things moved from my quarters to yours,” he informed Anakin. “That is, if you don’t mind sharing the space you shared with Obi-Wan.”

The younger man shook his head. “No, it’s okay. It will be nice to not have to move. Ferus has to move in with Master Gallia.”

“That’s too bad,” Reeft commented. “I’ve…it’s not very Jedi-like, but I’ve never quite liked her. When she chose Siri all those years ago, Obi, Garen, Bant and I weren’t really sure it was going to turn out well. Seems that it didn’t.”

They continued their walk in silence and reached Anakin’s quarters quickly. He keyed the door open and they stepped inside together.

“You sure you’re okay with me taking over Obi-Wan’s space?” Reeft asked.

Anakin smiled as he sat down on the couch. “Sure, but truthfully, it’s only because it’s a friend of his. I don’t think I’d have reacted well if was anyone else.”

Reeft nodded. He knew his way around from prior visits, but looked around anyway and saw the differences. There were empty spaces on the bookshelves where books, knickknacks and holos had once been displayed. Obi-Wan’s favorite blanket was absent from the back of the couch. The bottle of Corellian brandy that always sat on the kitchen counter was gone.

“Weird what you remember, isn’t it?” Anakin suddenly questioned.

Reeft turned around. “Yeah. I didn’t think I’d miss the things I was used to seeing in here, but I do. I can still sense his Force-signature in here, but…”

Anakin nodded. “Do you need help with your things?”

Reeft was glad for the change of subject. “Sure. I was going to have the moving droids do it, but if you’ll help I think we can manage on our own.”

“Sure.”

Together they headed off, each of them cautious but optimistic about their new partnership.

Four Days Later
    500 Republica

Padme had arrived back in the capitol per Anakin’s request and was just getting ready for bed when the door slid open. She turned and smiled at her husband.

“I didn’t think you’d be able to get away tonight,” she said as she stood and allowed Anakin to pull her into a tight embrace.

Anakin didn’t respond. He simply held her and took in her scented shampoo and her perfume. It had been too long since he’d held her in his arms and he wanted to savor the sensation of her body against his.

“Anakin, what’s wrong?” she asked after several moments.

They hadn’t been able to speak since the night he asked her to return. She’d been traveling through hyperspace and he’d been spending his recent days sparring with Reeft as they got to know one another’s differing styles.

Finally, he pulled away. “Nothing, now that you’re here. I’ve missed you.”

They shared a soft kiss, and then Padme led him to the bed. They sat together leaning against the headboard.

Padme took one of his hands in hers as she spoke. “Tell me what’s been going on with you. Have you seen Obi-Wan since he was expelled?”

He told her about his trip with Ferus to see Obi-Wan and Siri. Then he told her about Palpatine’s offer to them.

“So, they’re going to work for him?” she asked, incredulous.

Anakin nodded. “Obi-Wan left me a message saying that they accepted. They both start tomorrow.”

She could tell that something else was bothering him. She leaned her head against his shoulder and took a deep breath. “Tell me what else.”

He adjusted his arms so that she was cradled in them and her head was against his chest. “Reeft, my new master, he told me today that we’ve been assigned a mission.”

He felt her tense. “Where?”

“Balamak,” he told her. “It’s in the Taldot Sector. The Separatists have set up some sort of HoloNet jamming device. We’re being sent with another Jedi and a squadron of clone pilots to neutralize the threat.”

“When do you leave?” she asked, her voice sad.

Anakin sighed. “In the morning. I snuck out tonight. I didn’t tell Reeft about you, about us. He was sleeping when I left so I just left him alone.”

“What’s he like?”

Anakin smiled. “Well, he’s a friend of Obi-Wan’s and Siri’s. He grew up with them and I’ve known him since I first came to the Temple. He’s a Dressellian. He’s funny, and he’s always hungry.”

She laughed with him. It felt good to just laugh with him; made her feel normal.

“All I want is for this war to be over so that we can leave this place,” Anakin whispered.

Padme lifted her head. “You want to leave?”

Anakin nodded. “Yes. I want us to be a normal couple. I want us to go back to Naboo and…be a family. I want us to have a family together, lots of children. I want to watch them grow up and hear them laughing as they play together.”

Padme pulled his head down and kissed him for several long moments. When she pulled away, she had a contented smile on her beautiful face. “I want that too.”

They slowly came together in a passionate kiss and slid down into the bed.

When Padme awakened the following morning, she saw the piece of flimsi on the empty pillow next to her. She knew right away that Anakin was gone. She sat up in bed and picked the flimsi up and began to read.

To my angel,

I’m sorry I had to leave before you woke. You looked do peaceful that I didn’t have the heart to wake you. Nor did I have the heart, or the bravery to tell you goodbye as you looked into my eyes, so I settled on this letter. Please don’t be angry.

I’ll be cooped up in my starfighter, but you know how much I love to fly. I’ll be safe, I promise. We’re going to make those plans we talked about last night come true. Someday we’ll have that family we both want. You have my word.

I could write millions of words to describe how much I love you, if only I had the time. I must go before my new master awakens and finds me gone. Know this, even as I leave you now, my heart remains safely in your hands.

Be well, my love,

Love, Anakin

Anakin and Reeft were preparing to leave when the HoloNet News Network ran a headline that they would momentarily be going live to a Senate briefing given by Chancellor Palpatine.

“Do we have time to watch?” Anakin asked.

Reeft nodded and the two men sat down. “Why are you interested?”

Anakin smiled. “Just wait, you’ll see.”

They watched as the Grand Convocation Chamber came into view and the Chancellor’s podium could be seen rising from the floor to the center of the chamber. Palpatine could be seen standing directly in the middle of the podium with his Staff Aide Sly Moore and the Vice Chair Mas Amedda standing close to him on the upper level of the podium.

“Is that…?” Reeft trailed off as he leaned forward to take a closer look at the man that stood directly to the left of Palpatine.

Anakin laughed. “Yes, that’s Obi-Wan. He accepted Chancellor Palpatine’s offer to become his personal bodyguard, which made him the chief of the Red Guard.”

Obi-Wan wasn’t clad in the traditional Red Guard uniform. He wore no helmet, nor was he wearing the long flowing red robes. He had on form-fitting black pants, knee-high black boots and a deep crimson shirt with the insignia of the Office of the Supreme Chancellor embroidered on the left chest. Around his waist was a utility belt that, to Anakin’s astonishment, held a blaster pistol as well as a lightsaber.

“Where did he get another lightsaber?” Reeft managed to ask through his shock. “And a blaster? He always called them uncivilized.”

Anakin just shook his head. He knew Obi-Wan could not have had time to construct a new lightsaber, and even if he had, it was illegal in the Republic for anyone other than a Jedi to carry the weapon. Obi-Wan wouldn’t break the law intentionally. That left one option.

“The Chancellor must have something to do with it,” he told Reeft.

“I suppose he could have contacted Master Yoda and asked permission for Obi-Wan to carry it,” Reeft decided. “Seems a bit of overkill, though. It’s not as if a Jedi needs a lightsaber to be considered armed.”

Anakin continued to watch his former master and noticed quite a few changes other than his clothing. First, he’d cut his hair. It was as Anakin remembered it being when they’d first met. It was short and spiked on top. Also, he was clean-shaven.

“He looks ten years younger,” Reeft laughed. “I don’t envy him, working for that man.”

Anakin looked to Reeft. “You don’t like him?”

The older man shrugged. “It has nothing to do with like or dislike. I simply don’t trust him. Admittedly, I’ve met him only once and as such don’t know him well at all, but I knew when my hand met his that he wasn’t a man to be trusted.”

Inside, Anakin was jumping for joy. It seemed that even though Reeft didn’t sense anything untoward about Palpatine, there was the same distrust Anakin himself possessed.

“I don’t trust him, either,” he said quickly. “I know him, better than most and I think he’s hiding something.”

Reeft stood and began gathering up his things. “Time will tell, I suppose. As I said, I don’t envy Obi-Wan.”

Anakin gathered his things as well and the two Jedi headed for the hangar bay. He didn’t want to leave Padme so soon after she arrived back on Coruscant, but he couldn’t deny that he was a bit anxious to get back into action. He felt like he’d been standing still for too long.

If only he knew how fast things were going to go downhill.

Entering Balamak Space

Reeft, Anakin, Nanda-Ree Janoo and the clone squadron jettisoned their hyperspace booster rings far enough away from the blockade so they would not be destroyed in the battle. Without an onboard hyperdrive, the last thing they wanted was to be stranded in open space.

“Red Dawn Group, this is Red Dawn Lead, engage sublight ion engines,” Reeft commanded. “We’ll reach the blockade in three minutes, thirteen seconds.”

“Copy, Red Dawn Lead,” Anakin replied. “We need to go at this thing from all sides. They’re going to come at us with Vulture-Class droid ships. We can engage them in close combat.”

The clone pilots with them were flying Alpha-Class V-wing starfighters. Each fighter was equipped with twin laser canons and two deflector shield heat sinks that were situated above the ion drive thrusters. In all, it was quite a capable fighter and the clone pilots did well in them.

As for the Jedi, their fighters were built for speed and maneuverability. They lacked shielding but somewhat made up for it in armament. Two ion cannons joined two large laser cannons, while firing continuously was impeded by the fighters’ limited power systems. For the Jedi that flew the fighter, they made up for the lack of shielding and sensors with their precognitive abilities. A bare minimum of flight instruments remained as nearly everything had been stripped to increase the speed and maneuverability that they Jedi saw as the real defense of the ship.

Before they knew it, they were engaged in battle with the droid ships.

Anakin threw his repulsors into reverse and executed a perfect roll before engaging his twin ion engines. He came up firing; a quick volley from the ion cannons.

Reeft’s fingers found the firing studs and he released several shots from his laser cannon that destroyed two droid fighters.

While the Jedi engaged the druid fighters, the clones were attacking the droid control ship. Fire from laser cannons was hitting every possible surface of the ship.

“Watch yourself, Red Dawn Leader, they’re coming around,” Anakin warned.

The battle continued for nearly an hour. Many clone pilots were lost and Jedi General Nanda-Ree Janoo had been hit.

“I’m venting some…”

His voice was cut off as Anakin and Reeft watched his fighter be vaporized.

“R2, increase power output to the engines,” Anakin told the little astromech as he used the thrusters to go into a steep dive.

Anakin went at the ship that destroyed Master Janoo’s fighter with a vengeance. He squeezed the firing stud and three perfectly placed shots destroyed the ship. “We have to end this, Master.”

Despite himself, Reeft smiled as he destroyed another droid fighter. It was the first time Anakin had called him Master.

“Red Dawn Leader, the droid control ship is heavily damaged and we have reached the jamming craft,” a clone, Red Dawn Six reported.

“Attack,” came the sure command. “We’re right behind you.”

Anakin and Reeft followed the clones toward the small jamming craft that had been inhibiting the HoloNet signal for more than a standard week.

Every clone ship began firing at once while Anakin and Reeft continued to engage the droid fighters. The bright blue glow of their ion engines could be seen everywhere as they looped and rolled their way through the blockade.

Anakin got free from the droid fighter and quickly saw that he had a clear shot at the jamming craft. He punched his thrusters to full power and moved in, having set himself on a collision course.

“Red Dawn Two, what are you doing?” Reeft asked. “Red Dawn Two? Anakin?”

But Anakin didn’t answer. He flew fast towards the craft, intent on destroying it and ending the battle. He fired here and there at enemy ships, but did not alter his course. When he was within one hundred meters, he fired his ion cannons followed by a quick volley of his lasers.

The jamming craft exploded.

“R2, reverse repulsors! Cut thrusters!”

He threw his ship into a spinning dive so the fire wouldn’t catch him.

Reeft knew Anakin was alive, he could still feel him. “Anakin, answer me.”

“Copy, Red Dawn Leader,” came his voice a moment later. “Jamming craft has been destroyed.”

Reeft let out a sigh of immense relief. “Red Dawn Two, you’re…crazy.”

He could hear Anakin laugh over the comm channel. “Thanks.”

Reeft transmitted their success to the Acclamator-I-Class ship Reliant, which they were assigned to. They were cleared for approach and after hooking back into their external hyperspace booster rings, they set course for the ship.

Reeft was pleased it had been a successful mission with limited casualties. But he was concerned about Anakin’s recklessness in the cockpit. He’d heard from Obi-Wan several times that Anakin was the most gifted pilot he’d ever seen, and Reeft would agree after seeing Anakin’s display. But, he’d had no idea that Anakin could be so reckless. They’d have to discuss that once they were back aboard the Reliant.

It simply could not continue.

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    It just doesn't seem right that Obi-Wan (and Siri) aren't Jedi...but even so, riveting chapter.

7. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    I agree with Valairy. And working for the Chancellor... *shudders*
    Can't wait for the next update!:D

Oh and by the way, it's droid not druid. I just thought you might want to change that, no criticism intended.

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay he's been assigned to a friend! :) Always liked him :D

LOL Reeft doesn't like Palpy either. [face_laugh] One has to wonder why ;)

Obi shaved the beard off? [face_worried] Oh my! ;) Totally would make him younger lookin' that's for sure, let alone more professional too.

Great update! Reckless indeed! Why doesn't he know Anakin? ;)

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Author Note

Well, it's been about two and a half years since I last posted on this story which began close to seven years ago; it will be seven years on 5/25/2012. Without going into details, lets just say that real life came at myself and my family with a vengeance at times and almost overwhelmed us. Things are better now and I have begun writing again, and am close to actually finishing this fic. I had the ending done at one point in the last few months and was not pleased with it, so I scrapped it and went back to the drawing board. What I have now is still a work-in-progress, but one I'm much happier with. Ultimately, my plan is to have this finished and posted in it's entirety by the 7-year date; 5/25/2012. After that, who knows? I have other fics in progress that have lain untouched for the better part of the last two years. I might go back to them, I might not. I still love Star Wars and I love writing and cannot imagine giving either up for good.

I had a PM list going for this fic a long time ago. I'm not sure who is still here on the forum and who has moved on, so I will begin a new one when I post the next chapter, which will be very soon. If anyone is still interested in receiving a PM for updates, just let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter 27

“What do you mean we aren’t going home, Master!?” Anakin yelled as he paced. “This was supposed to be a one and done.”

Reeft couldn’t help but smile at his padawan. While he paced like a caged rancor and yelled about unfairness, there was no real anger in his words, just the same extreme frustration at the situation that plagued them all.

“Chancellor Palpatine personally contacted the Jedi Temple and asked that you and I be assigned to Jabiim,” Reeft explained in a calm voice. “A human by the name of Alto Stratus has gained support as a Separatist leader on planet. Apparently he has been calling for, and recently achieved the goal of having Jabiim secede from the Republic. He’s been giving rather anti-Republic and anti-Jedi speeches. Our task is to arrest him and hold him for treason.”

“Treason?”

“Yes, treason,” Reeft confirmed. “Seems that the planetary government, the Jabiim Congress approved the secession. Stratus staged a coup and had the loyalist members of the congress killed for speaking out against him.”

Anakin sighed and slumped into a nearby chair. “Just us?”

Reeft sat as well. “No, the Republic is sending a task force. You and I are to lead the mission to arrest Stratus. The rest of the task force has been ordered to retake the planet by force.”

Anakin shook his head. “That’s why we keep losing planets and star systems to the Separatists. We want the people to see us as saviors, as the ones who are going to bring freedom back to the galaxy, yet we go storming onto these worlds and retake them with force. It’s no wonder so many beings see the Confederacy as the way to true freedom and not the Republic.”

Reeft tilted his head. “Is that the way you see it?”

Anakin leaned forward and rested his arms on his thighs and clasped his hands together. “Sometimes, I wonder if we’re doing the right thing. I wonder if fighting fire with fire is right. I understand that we’ve gone past the point of diplomacy, but I’m just not always certain that storming in and demanding that everyone see that we’re the ones in the right is the best approach to achieving peace.”

Reeft couldn’t argue with him. “For the most part, I feel the same way.”

“For the most part?”

Reeft smiled. “What else do we have, but war, Anakin? You said yourself that the time for diplomacy has gone. If we’re past the talking stage, what is left but fighting fire with fire? If we stand by and let the Confederacy run rampant all over the galaxy, then we’ve already lost.”

Anakin nodded. “I know that. It just doesn’t make it right. Gaining peace through superior firepower? Isn’t that what the Separatists are trying to do? What we’ve lost sight of is the fact that public opinion favors them as the freedom fighters and the Republic and the Jedi as the oppressors. We’re not making friends doing things the way Chancellor Palpatine is running this war.”

“Perhaps not, but in the end, as I said, what else do we have? Reeft repeated. “Do you think we should surrender and give the galaxy to the Separatists?”

Anakin chuckled. “Of course not. I didn’t mean to sound like I think we should give up the fight. I do understand that sometimes two sides meet in the middle and the only option available is battle. That’s the situation we’re in; I just don’t have to like it.”

Reeft laughed with him. “No, you don’t. Neither do I.”

Coruscant—Several Months Later
    Late Evening

Obi-Wan had been dismissed for the evening. Palpatine had told him he was finished and heading for his personal residence. He watched as the older man gathered his things and left his office. Obi-Wan walked with him until he had reached his residence and stepped inside.

“Good night, Your Excellency,” Obi-Wan said with a respectful bow of his head.

Palpatine smiled. “Good night, young Kenobi. I will see you bright and early tomorrow morning.”

After the door slid shut, Obi-Wan looked at the two members of the Red Guard that would stand watch through the night. Both of them were hard-working and dedicated. They had been handpicked out of the Senate Guard by Obi-Wan himself. He chose them not for their unswerving loyalty to the Chancellor, but rather their unswerving loyalty to the Republic and the Jedi.

The first man, twenty-three year-old Kyan Tiro was tall and muscular. After speaking with him for many hours over several weeks, Obi-Wan knew he was right for the job.

Kyan Tiro was the youngest of four children. While not Force-sensitive himself, his two elder brothers had both been given to the Jedi before Kyan was born. Through the stories of his elder sister and their parents, he felt as if he knew the brothers he’d never met. He and his sister had been raised to respect the Jedi as a peacekeeping organization and to have pride in the fact that their brothers had both been allowed to become Jedi.

Kyan had taken to Obi-Wan immediately and respected him for following his feelings despite the cost.

The second man was Force-sensitive himself, and when Obi-Wan discovered that, he got to know thirty-five year-old Nyko Durron. It turned out to be a prudent maneuver.

Durron had been a member of the Senate Guard for a few years after serving a stint in the Republic Navy. He was married to Analysa and they had three children, sons Jarred and Jathan and a daughter, Aria. From Nyko, Obi-Wan learned that all three of his children were also Force-sensitive and had been tested as infants, but none of them possessed a midichlorian count high enough to gain admittance to the Jedi Order. Nonetheless, Nyko and his wife held a great respect for the Jedi Order. A Jedi Master and his Padawan Learner years before had saved their lives and they’d never forgotten the act of bravery that resulted in their survival.

Together, Kyan and Nyko had become trusted friends for Obi-Wan in what he called the rancor’s den. For Nyko and Kyan, Obi-Wan was a man they held in high esteem. They admired the way he went about his duties without complaint and they implicitly trusted him because he was a Jedi, expulsion notwithstanding.

Anakin had once mentioned to Obi-Wan that he sensed deception within Palpatine. Whether or not that was due to a Sith Lord controlling Palpatine was not known. What Obi-Wan had sensed in his months working for the man was extreme skill in mental shielding. Palpatine did not let stray thoughts escape. His mastery of the task was equal to any Jedi Master. That fact worried Obi-Wan. He knew there was a strong possibility that if Palpatine were in any way connected to the Sith, Obi-Wan would never know it.

Not until it was too late. With that in mind, he motioned Nyko and Kyan away from the door.

“I want the two of you to contact me if he leaves tonight,” he instructed them.

Both men responded. “Yes, Sir.”

Obi-Wan nodded his thanks and headed home to speak with his wife.

Same Time-Jabiim

Anakin was getting angry at how slippery Alto Stratus had become. The man moved like a shadow, first he was there and then he was gone just as quickly.

Currently, he and Reeft were situated behind a Republic supply speeder, waiting for Stratus to make an appearance. He’d taken to planting explosives on shipments of supplies in an effort to both aide the Confederacy and derail the efforts of the Republic to take back the planet.

“We’re not going to win this one,” Anakin whispered to Reeft. “These people are some of the most hard-fighting I’ve encountered in the war so far. They won’t give up until we’re gone and Stratus is using that to his advantage.”

Reeft sighed. “I know. I told the Council as much in my communiqué this morning. Our orders are still to capture Alto Stratus.”

Anakin shook his head, but remained silent. Suddenly his head shot up as he realized where he was. Jabiim, his vision about Zakk; it all flashed in his eyes as an explosion was heard in the distance.

“That’s our man,” Reeft said. “Move out.”

Anakin pushed his thoughts aide and followed Reeft. But a small amount of concern lingered.

Siri was still awake when Obi-Wan arrived home. He sat down beside her on the couch and pulled her into his arms. He placed a soft kiss on her temple and sighed.

“Another long day of guarding the Supreme Chancellor?” she asked teasingly.

Obi-Wan nodded. “I left instructions with Nyko and Kyan to alert me if he leaves tonight.”

Siri rested her head on his shoulder. “Are you certain trying to spy on him is wise? What if you’re discovered?”

He shrugged. “I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. There’s no sense in worrying over what might happen.”

“Zakk asked when you were coming home,” she told him.

Obi-Wan smiled. He’d never imagined that being expelled from the Jedi Order could be the best thing to happen to him, but in truth, that was exactly the case. He was finally allowed to be the husband and father he wanted to be. His son meant everything to him and the two were now as close as Zakk was to Siri.

“I’ll check in on him before I go to bed,” he told her.

Siri kissed his cheek and stood. “I’m going now. I’ll see you in the morning. Don’t stay up too late, and please wake me if you trudge out after Palpatine again.”

He promised as he switched on the HoloNet. He watched the news for a while and was just about to go to join his wife in bed when his comlink chirped.

“Kenobi,” he answered.

“Sir, it’s Durron,” came Nyko’s soft voice. ”He left several moments ago, said he was going back to his office.”

“Acknowledged, and thanks,” he replied before shutting off his comlink.

He stood and walked down the hallway and into the bedroom. Siri was sound asleep and he hated to wake her. He shook her gently awake.

“I’m going out,” he said, knowing she’d understand his meaning.

She nodded and kissed him once. “Be safe.”

He changed quickly into all black and clipped his lightsaber to his belt. Knowing he was no longer an official Jedi, he felt odd carrying the weapon, especially since it had been Palpatine that had gotten Yoda’s express permission for him to do so. But, he was also grateful to have the weapon at his side. Something told him he just might need it.

With a deep breath, he left the apartment.

Across The Galaxy

Ferus was tired of fighting. He was tired of losing friends in battle. He was tired of being under the iron thumb of Adi Gallia. He was tired of constantly being watched and scrutinized for signs of what she called Siri's “bad habits”.

“Master, enough!” Ferus finally screamed.

Adi Gallia looked at her apprentice as if he’d grown a second head. “What is the meaning of this, Padawan Olin?”

Ferus could not remember the last time he’d been so angry. “I’m so sick of this, Master Gallia. You’re constantly criticizing everything I do. You obviously think everything Siri taught me was wrong. I’ve about had enough of you treating me as a second-class citizen.”

Adi was stunned. She’d never expected an outburst from the calm, soft-spoken young Jedi. “You will restrain yourself, Padawan Olin.”

Ferus shook his head. “No. No, I will not restrain myself any longer. I want to be a Jedi Knight but not if it means I have to continue to listen to you berate Siri at every turn. I will not tolerate it any longer.”

“You would leave the Jedi Order over this?” Adi asked the young man.

Ferus made his decision then. He unclipped his lightsaber from his belt and held it out in front of him towards Master Gallia.

“Yes, I would,” he said. “I don’t want to leave the Jedi Order. I’ve worked my entire life to become a Knight, but there are limits to my desire. There are limits to my tolerance. There are limits to my listening to you constantly criticize Siri.”

Then, to Ferus’ unyielding surprise, Jedi Master Adi Gallia smiled.

“Why are you smiling?” Ferus questioned.

“I wondered how long you would put up with it,” Adi commented. “You have remarkable patience, Ferus.”

“You were testing me?”

With a simple nod of her head, Ferus had his answer.

“Why?”

“I needed to know what you are made of, Padawan Olin,” she told him. “I needed to know if Siri had taught you all you needed to know to be elevated to the level of Jedi Knight.”

Ferus’ jaw dropped. “Me?”

Again, Adi smiled. “Yes, upon our return to the Temple, it is my intention to recommend you for the Trials. I am certain you will pass easily.”

The young man felt compelled to sit down, which he did. “I don’t…I don’t understand.”

Master Gallia sat next to her pupil and took a deep breath. “There are many things between Siri and I that will more than likely be resolved. There is too much…resentment between us now. She has made decisions that I will never agree with or support.”

“Like being married and having a child?” he asked abruptly.

“Yes,” she answered plainly. “However, in the time you have been my student, I have seen how well you have been trained by my former apprentice. I will give credit where credit is due, Padawan Olin. You are deserving of your spot in the Trials.”

Despite her honesty and openness, Ferus couldn’t bring himself to thank his new teacher. He gave her a terse nod and then stood.

“If it’s alright with you, I’d like to return to my quarters, Master.”

She excused him and then sat quietly in meditation for the next several hours, listening to the Force; hoping her decision was the right one.

Obi-Wan watched from a distance as Palpatine walked slowly from his private residence within the Senate Building back towards his office. So far the only thing Obi-Wan had noticed was Palpatine’s manner of dress. The Chancellor was clad from head to toe in black; much like Obi-Wan himself was dressed. He entered his office but left the large doors open which the former Jedi found curious.

He didn’t have to wait long until he discovered why.

“Ah, General Grievous, how are things coming along in Jabiim?”

Obi-Wan watched as the mechanical menace that had killed Garen came into view.

“Not well, Lord Sidious,” the droid remarked. “Anakin Skywalker continues to thwart our plans at every turn.”

Palpatine, his eyes now having gone yellow, snarled. “We’ll deal with him later. Right now my concern is young Kenobi and his wife and son.”

If Obi-Wan weren’t already reeling from the first proof of Palpatine being the Sith Lord, he was now at the mention of Siri and Zakk. He couldn’t stop the pounding of his heart, or the momentary lowering of his shields.

Palpatine turned to face the open doors. “We’re being watched.”

Grievous looked around and saw nothing. “There is no one there, Milord.”

Palpatine’s face transformed as he reached out with the Force. “Kenobi.”

It was a whisper, but Obi-Wan heard it anyway, as did Grievous. Without direction, the droid practically leapt from the room, his red eyes focused on Obi-Wan, who had moved from his position, having now revealed himself.

“Very brave of you, Kenobi,” Palpatine commented as he also stepped into the hallway. “Also very stupid.”

Obi-Wan ignited his lightsaber then, the gleaming blue blade casting shadows on the darkened walls of the dimly lit hallway.

“Anakin was right, you are the Sith Lord,” he said, almost to himself more than Palpatine or Grievous.

Palpatine laughed evilly. “You may address me as Lord Sidious, and in time, as Master.”

Obi-Wan didn’t have time to be shocked. Grievous, his own lightsabers blazing, leapt at Obi-Wan and the two immediately engaged in battle.

“I want him alive,” Palpatine instructed. “With him, all the easier it becomes to capture his wife, son and young Skywalker.”

It was all the distraction Grievous needed. His orange-bladed saber, taken from Garen Muln after he’d been killed, came in a high arc and severed Obi-Wan’s left hand.

Obi-Wan screamed as he collapsed to the ground and cradled his injury to his chest. Before he could react, Grievous had him in a vice-grip with the lightsaber at his neck.

“Good, good,” Palpatine. “Take him to the cell in my office and then go to his home and bring his wife and son to me.”

Jabiim-Same Time

Anakin had new cuts and bruises to add to his collection, but he, Reeft and their clone troopers had somehow managed to capture Stratus.

“Something isn’t right,” Anakin told Reeft once they were back aboard the Reliant.

“What do you mean?” Reeft asked as he dived into his dinner.

Anakin sat down next to him and shook his head. “I don’t know, exactly. About an hour ago, I felt…I thought I felt Obi-Wan. The bond…it…crackled.”

“Crackled?” Reeft asked.

Anakin shrugged. “I can’t explain it any better than that. It was like…”

He didn’t finish. Instead, Anakin had collapsed to the floor of the mess hall, his hands cradling his head.

Reeft knelt beside his student and lifted Anakin’s head into his lap. “What is it, Anakin?”

“Obi-Wan.”

Obi-Wan watched as Siri and Zakk were led into the custom-built cell hidden in Palpatine’s office. He immediately saw Force-suppression collars on them both. His only reaction to the terror on their faces was to scream.

A scream so loud in the Force, Anakin heard it on Jabiim.

11. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Just re-read this story and love it! [face_dancing]

Looking forward to reading the next chapter, you left us with quite a cliffhanger. [face_worried]

PLEASE PM Me. [:D]

If I remember right, I think you were writing an "evil Obi-Wan" story a few years back. "Giver of Light". Would love to see you continue that one too. [face_whistling]

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I do love cliffhangers!! :) I will definitely PM you when I update again.

As for Giver of Light series, it's one of those that I might go back to. I'm not sure yet. [face_plain]

13. Naboo_Sky

Naboo_Sky Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2010
    I remember reading this story, it is one of my favorites! I will have to review it again, but this chapter update with Palpatine catching Obi Wan is quite a cliff hanger. You write very well, the characters seem very real. I can picture what happens with your descriptions. I hope Obi Wan and Siri get some help soon!

14. JediKnight_Mat

JediKnight_Mat Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2006
    Great to see this story going again. Please add me to the PM list.

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Naboo_Sky I remember reading this story, it is one of my favorites! I will have to review it again, but this chapter update with Palpatine catching Obi Wan is quite a cliff hanger. You write very well, the characters seem very real. I can picture what happens with your descriptions. I hope Obi Wan and Siri get some help soon!

Thank you. :) I'm glad you enjoy it. I wasn't sure anyone would still be reading it after all this time.

JediKnight_Mat Great to see this story going again. Please add me to the PM list.

Thanks Mat. I will add you. :)

Author Note

A new PM list has been created for this fic. It can be seen below as well as on page 1.

The1stJediPrincess
    Naboo_Sky
    JediKnight_Mat

16. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter 28

Reeft knelt beside his student and lifted Anakin’s head into his lap. “What is it, Anakin?”

“Obi-Wan, it’s…it’s Obi-Wan,” Anakin managed in a chocked voice.

“Can you stand?”

Anakin nodded and carefully stood on unsteady feet. He still felt pain in his head, but it had lessened.

“Come on,” Reeft said as he guided Anakin out of the mess hall. “We’ll go back to our quarters and you can tell me what just happened.”

By the time Reeft and Anakin had reached their shared quarters, Anakin was convinced that Obi-Wan was in grave danger.

“What happened, Anakin?”

Anakin sighed. “About a…a year ago, I had a vision during the lightsaber tournament. Obi-Wan and I had just returned to the Temple from…here, actually. He and I had been in a battle here on Jabiim. When we got home, Zakk was…he was gone.”

Reeft’s eyes narrowed. “What do you mean, gone?”

Anakin ran his hands through his hair in frustration. “I don’t know, he was just gone. He wasn’t there; not anywhere. In my vision, nearly every Jedi in the Temple was looking for him and there was no trace.”

“What caused you to collapse in the mess hall?”

“I heard Obi-Wan scream my name,” he revealed in a terse voice. “He’s in danger, Reeft, I know it and I know it has to do with my vision and Zakk. Obi-Wan being expelled from the Order and not being here with me on Jabiim hasn’t changed anything that I saw. I can feel that it’s happening the same way as in my vision.”

Reeft was still trying to make sense of what Anakin had told him. “How do you know?”

“In my vision, Zakk was…Obi-Wan wanted to know how a six-year old child could just disappear.”

Reeft met Anakin’s stare. “You’re absolutely certain?”

Anakin swallowed and answered. “Yes, Master. We have to help him; them.”

Reeft grabbed his comlink. “Colonel Khallas, this is General Reeft.”

”Yes, General?”

“I need you to take command of the team,” Reeft instructed. “Commander Skywalker and I will be leaving the Reliant immediately.”

”Understood, General. May I ask why, Sir?”

“No. Reeft out.”

Anakin smiled.

“Grab your gear and meet me in the hangar bay in fifteen minutes,” Reeft instructed. “It’s gonna take a few days to get back to Coruscant.”

Anakin sprang into action as Reeft left the room and headed to the bridge of the Reliant.

Jedi Temple
    Same Time

Ferus was exhausted as he collapsed onto his bed. One mission after another along with the confrontation with Master Gallia had taken their toll on the young man. It looked as if the war would continue with no end in sight. Now, he also had the looming task of completing his Trials to become a fully-fledged Jedi Knight.

He had just closed his eyes when the com-station in his room beeped with an incoming message.

He debated before climbing from his bed and going to sit at the com-station. The moment he hit the activation stud, he was greeted by the grim face of Anakin Skywalker.

“Anakin? What’s wrong?” he questioned immediately.

”Master Reeft and I are leaving Jabiim and coming back to Coruscant,” Anakin explained. ”I have to explain some things to you about why and I’m gonna need you to listen and not question me. Can you do that?”

It wasn’t hard for Ferus to ascertain the seriousness of whatever Anakin was about to tell him. The younger man was tense.

“I can,” he answered.

Anakin quickly went about explaining his vision as well as the psychic scream he heard from Obi-Wan across their still-active bond.

”Tell Masters Yoda and Windu everything. Master Reeft and I will be back in a couple of days. And Ferus, make sure you mention to them that I think Chancellor Palpatine is involved. He’s not what, or who he appears to be.”

To say Ferus was shocked was an understatement. He felt completely overwhelmed with all of the news Anakin had just give him. He also felt worry for his former mentor, Obi-Wan and their son.

“We’ll be ready when you get back, Anakin,” Ferus promised.

Anakin ended the transmission and quickly grabbed his bags and practically ran to the hangar bay.

Siri couldn’t hold back her emotions as she watched Palpatine speak softly to her young son.

Obi-Wan had never felt so helpless, or so angry in all of his life. His breathing had increased. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead. Frustration was paramount as he now also had his very own Force-Suppression collar in place.

“Getting angry, Master Kenobi?” Palpatine taunted, causing Siri to look over at her husband. It was then she first noticed he was now missing his left hand.

With the Force-suppression collar, she couldn’t feel him at all. She couldn’t sense his emotions.
    “Obi-Wan?”

Hearing her call his name broke through and he turned to face her. He saw his own tears reflected in her eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered brokenly. “It’s my fault.”

She didn’t understand what he meant. He hadn’t known that Palpatine was the Sith Lord.

Or had he?

Ferus had practically run from his quarters towards the Council chamber, pulling his comlink from his belt as he sprinted down the corridor. He tried again and again to contact Siri with no luck.

Now he stood before the Council having recounted Anakin’s story to them. He didn’t need the Force to tell him that some of them were less than sympathetic to the fact that Obi-Wan might be in real, true danger.

“Think any of this has to do with Chancellor Palpatine, do you?” Yoda asked out of the blue. Ferus had yet to reveal Anakin’s opinion of the man to the Council.

He nodded. “Yes, Master. Anakin, and for that matter Obi-Wan and Siri don’t trust the Chancellor. They all feel he’s hiding something.”

“Agree, I do,” Yoda stated in a matter-of-fact tone. “Discover what he is hiding, we should.”

Ferus breathed an inward sigh of relief. “Thank you, Master.”

Palpatine guided young Zakk to the center of his office and knelt down in front of the boy.

“Do you remember me, young one?”

Zakk nodded. “Loran.”

“Get away from my son!” Siri screamed out.

Palpatine grinned evilly. “Oh, no, Lady Kenobi, I intend to stay very close to your son. Young Zakk is to become my next apprentice.”

He rested his hand on Zakk’s head and the collar snapped open and he removed it from the boy’s small neck. “Isn’t that right, Zakk?”

The two parents watched as Zakk’s demeanor and expression changed right away with Palpatine’s hand still resting on his head. His eyes seemed clouded and Obi-Wan knew that somehow Palpatine had managed to get control of his son.

“Yes, Masta,” young Zakk answered automatically.

General Grievous carried an unconscious Senator Amidala in his mechanical arms. Using the cover of darkness as his aide, he made his way back towards Sidious’ office with the bait that would bring Anakin Skywalker to his knees.

17. Naboo_Sky

Naboo_Sky Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2010
    Great news you are almost finished with this story! I like the way Reeft believed Anakin when he was told about Anakin's vision. He did not put Anakin off. Props to Yoda, too, for not trusting Palpatine. I hope Zak get away from Palpatine's influence. I am looking forward to your next chapter!

18. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    It's back?? *TACKLEGLOMP* YAAAAY![face_dancing] [:D]

*coughs*
    Sorry about that, I'm so glad to see this back (and that I managed to catch it on my sporadic perusing of the boards)

Wow, things are really heating up now... Although having Yoda on their side has got to help some... And you cut off Obi's hand!:eek: And putting that display with Zakk in front of Obi and Siri... So cruel of Palpy!:_|

I hope Ferus, Yoda and Reeft can help keep Anakin focused when he figures out Padme's been brought into it...

Can't wait for the rest! :D

~Misha

19. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Naboo_Sky Great news you are almost finished with this story!

No kidding!! I was beginning to believe I'd never get back to it. Glad I finally did.

I like the way Reeft believed Anakin when he was told about Anakin's vision. He did not put Anakin off. Props to Yoda, too, for not trusting Palpatine. I hope Zak get away from Palpatine's influence. I am looking forward to your next chapter!

I wanted to show that while they weren't close like Anakin and Obi-Wan, Reeft does trust Anakin and he has his back when it matters most.

DreamingIce Sorry about that, I'm so glad to see this back (and that I managed to catch it on my sporadic perusing of the boards)

Glad you saw it, and I'm glad to be back to it.

I hope Ferus, Yoda and Reeft can help keep Anakin focused when he figures out Padme's been brought into it...

All I can say is...someone is gonna have to. ;)

Chapter 29

“What did you mean?” Siri asked her husband as Palpatine led their son out of their sight.

Broken from his thoughts, Obi-Wan looked at her. “About what?”

“You said this was your fault,” she reminded. “Why is it your fault? You didn’t know Palpatine was a Sith Lord. Did you?”

Obi-Wan sighed deeply. He’d never wanted to have to explain to Siri about his and Anakin’s suspicions nor about Anakin’s vision regarding Zakk. He’d never wanted her to look at him the way he knew she would as soon as he spoke the words.

“I…Anakin and I have suspected…” he stammered as he tried to bring forth the truth as he knew it.

“Suspected what?”

He met her eyes. “Anakin suspected that Palpatine…we didn’t know, but we suspected that he was involved with the Sith; Anakin even…Anakin thought he might be the Sith Lord.”

Siri’s eyes widened. “You knew?”

Obi-Wan shook his head. “No, no we didn’t…”

“…when are Anakin’s senses, or yours for that matter, ever wrong!?”

Obi-Wan’s closed his eyes. He knew he had to tell her about Anakin’s vision. She deserved that much.

“There’s more,” he began.

A few small tears fell down her cheeks. “A Sith Lord has my son under his control and you tell me that you and Anakin both suspected from…how can there be more?”

“A little more than a year ago, Anakin had a…a vision,” he began haltingly. “He saw…he and I had just returned to the Temple from…from Jabiim. Zakk was…he was gone.”

“What do you mean gone?” Siri demanded.

“I don’t know!” Obi-Wan yelled in frustration. “It wasn’t my vision, it was…Anakin told me that he saw us and nearly every other Jedi searching the Temple for Zakk and he was just…gone. He wasn’t there; anywhere. He wasn’t anywhere.”

Siri closed her eyes as pain overwhelmed her.

“I’m sorry,” Obi-Wan whispered as his own tears began to fall. “I’m so sorry.”

Three Days Later

Anakin was alive with nervous energy as the ship carrying him and Reeft set down on the main Temple landing pad, darkness all around.

“Look,” Reeft pointed out the front viewport.

Anakin saw Masters Yoda and Windu along with Ferus Olin awaiting their arrival. Windu and Olin looked concerned while Yoda looked his normal, unflappable self.

“Looks like Ferus did what I asked,” Anakin commented as he and Reeft grabbed their bags and prepared to descend the ramp while the ship powered down.

“When did you speak to Ferus?”

“In the fifteen minutes between you leaving our quarters on the Reliant and meeting you in the hanger bay,” Anakin began. “I asked him to explain the situation to the Council so they would be informed by the time we got back.”

Reeft nodded in approval. “Good thinking, Padawan.”

It was the first time Reeft had addressed Anakin as such. He was about to apologize in deference to Obi-Wan when Anakin responded.

“Thank you, Master.”

Anakin knew Reeft often felt inferior to Obi-Wan in Anakin’s eyes, and if he was honest, Anakin saw Reeft that way as well. He knew it wasn’t fair, and he intended to correct his behavior towards the man now guiding him in his quest to become a Knight. His unwavering support had earned Reeft that much, and more.

“Knight Reeft, Padawan Skywalker,” Mace Windu greeted the two men. “We must hurry, there is…much to discuss.”

Reeft stepped in behind the two masters while Anakin and Ferus fell in behind Reeft.

“Thanks, Ferus,” Anakin whispered. “I wasn’t certain you would really believe me.”

The older man smiled grimly. “A few years ago, I…I probably wouldn’t have. But, Anakin, you…you have gifts I can only imagine. If you say Obi-Wan is in danger, then I believe you.”

They walked the rest of the way towards the Council chamber in silence. Foreboding filled the air and the smell of tension permeated the Jedi Temple. A chill worked its way up Anakin’s spine, making the fine hairs at his neck tingle.

Things were about to change. Anakin could feel it.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Siri’s asked.

Obi-Wan was startled by her voice. She hadn’t spoken a word to him in what he estimated was several hours. Now, her voice sounded incredibly sad to him.

“I…I didn’t know how,” he finally offered. “I thought that…when we were expelled I thought maybe it wouldn’t happen the same way.”

Siri cleared her throat. “It hasn’t happened the same way. You said in Anakin’s vision you and he returned to the Temple and Zakk was gone. This is different.”

“But he’s still in danger,” Obi-Wan said. “Our son is in the hands of a Sith Lord and it’s my fault. It was my idea to bring Palpatine into the Temple in the first place. I set these events in motion.”

Siri turned to look at him and for the first time noticed how pale he was becoming. She also noticed his right hand shaking.

“Are you cold?” she questioned.

He shook his head. “No, I’m just…I think I’m in shock, from the pain.”

He couldn’t even enter a healing trance to stem the pain with the Force-suppression collar in place.

“We’ll get out of this,” she promised then. “Somehow, we’ll…we’ll make it out of this.”

A barely noticeable nod of his head was Obi-Wan’s only answer as his head dropped down, chin to chest; he was unconscious.

“Believe Palpatine is involved, you do Anakin?” Yoda asked.

Anakin nodded immediately. “Yes, Master. Something isn’t right. When I had the vision during the tournament, I felt very dark emotions from him. It was almost as if he was…is Force-sensitive.”

Members of the Council were shocked.

“Can we truly accept that the galaxy has been under the control of a Sith Lord for so long and we haven’t sensed it?” Eeth Koth presented.

“Clouds everything, the dark side does,” Yoda reminded.

“Our ability to use the Force has diminished greatly in the past several years,” Windu entered into the conversation.

“I heard Obi-Wan scream my name, Masters,” Anakin began again. “I heard him in my mind from thousands of light years away and…since then nothing. He’s in danger, Masters, I know it. I feel it.”

Reeft stepped forward then. “Masters, if Anakin says Obi-Wan is in danger and that Palpatine is involved, then I believe him. We need to act, now. You’ve all said it; our abilities and our senses have been clouded since he came into power. Things don’t add up. I fear if we wait, the Jedi Order itself will fall.”

“Agree with you, I do,” Yoda said with a stomp of his gimmer stick. “A plan we need to draw the Chancellor out.”

“He trusts me,” Anakin revealed. “I’ve…shared things with him in the past. If I go to him, I can draw him out, Masters.”

“No, it’s too dangerous for you to…” Mace began.

Now, Skywalker. Claim your place.

Anakin heard the voice in his mind. While their perceptions, their senses were clouded, his were now very clear.

“It has to be me, Master Windu,” Anakin interrupted as he stepped forward, separating himself from Reeft and Ferus. “Am I not the Chosen One? Is it not my destiny to bring balance to the Force? I have to be the one to face him.”

Saesee Tiin, a male Iktotchi Master nodded in agreement. “You have an idea as to how to draw him out?”

Anakin spoke once more. “Yes, Master Tiin, I do. But, for it to work, I’ll need your help, all of you.”

Quickly, plans were formed and Jedi Masters and Knights were assigned duties. Several Masters would be accompanying Anakin to Palpatine’s office as backup should Anakin not be able to handle what might be thrown at him.

Many Knights were assigned to guard the Temple. They were taking seriously Reeft’s fear that the Jedi Order itself might be in danger. They had all accepted that they could no longer predict what the future would hold, so they were taking no chances.

Initiates and younger Padawans were being moved into the arena and it was being sealed behind them. A group of approximately fifty Knights and several Masters were with them. There was an escape route which led to the underbelly of Coruscant if they needed to make a quick exit.

After several hours, they were ready.

Anakin had retreated to the quarters he shared with Reeft to get ready for the confrontation he felt sure was coming. He’d always known the day would come when he’d be called upon to face his destiny; to submit to his destiny.

“You don’t have to do this alone, Anakin,” Reeft’s voice broke through. “We’re all here for you, to help you.”

Anakin looked up from his sitting position. His blue eyes were as focused as Reeft had seen them.

“Yes, I do, Master,” Anakin said calmly. “This isn’t…this isn’t just about saving Obi-Wan. It’s about me being the Chosen One. It’s about balance, and destiny. No one can help me with that. I must walk this path alone.”

Reeft motioned for Anakin to stand up. “Anakin, no Jedi walks his or her path alone, not even you. You may be the Chosen One, but you have to remember that you’re still just one Jedi. You don’t have to do anything alone. If we’ve failed as a whole to make you see and understand that, then…then shame on us, Anakin, and I’ll include Obi-Wan in that as well. But it stops now, you have my word on that.”

Anakin smiled then.

“Now, are you certain that you want to do this?” Reeft asked, referring to the plan Anakin had hatched in the Council chamber.

Clearing his throat as he clipped his lightsaber to his belt, Anakin spoke. “I am. It’s the only way, I can feel it.”

Reeft accepted that despite his worry for the younger man. “Well, like I said, we’ll all be there to back you up.”

Together, the two Jedi left their quarters and headed for the hanger bay. Anakin found nearly every member of the Jedi Council as well as many other Masters waiting for him.

Anakin could feel their support, real true support for the first time since he’d entered the Temple so many years before. He took a deep breath, gave a respectful bow to the Council and the assembled Masters and then headed for his starfighter.

As Mace Windu watched the young Jedi fly away towards the Senate Building, he turned to the diminutive Yoda; seated on his hover-chair.

“What if he’s right?’ Mace inquired. “What if the Chancellor of the Republic is being controlled by a Sith Lord?”

Yoda didn’t immediately answer. He was contemplating. “Better for us if the Sith Lord, Palpatine is.”

“Better, Master?” Adi Gallia questioned.

“Expose, and eliminate him, we can,” Yoda revealed. “Come, finals plans we must execute.”

Everyone followed Yoda back inside the Temple, minus Reeft and Masters Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin.

They had a different mission.

With his senses on high alert, Anakin entered the spacious hallway that contained the Chancellor’s private office. Two guards were stationed outside as usual, and nothing seemed amiss.

“I’m here to see Chancellor Palpatine,” Anakin said in a calm, authoritative voice.

“Name,” one guard replied.

“Anakin Skywalker,” he gave his name immediately knowing Palpatine would see him.

Obi-Wan was still unconscious and Siri’s hope of them escaping their situation with their son was dwindling. She increasingly believed that she and Obi-Wan would die at the hands of Palpatine and Zakk...Zakk would be a captive to the darkness Palpatine had already brought into his young life.

Siri closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She knew she wouldn’t be able to access the Force, or even feel it at all, but she could use her breathing and focus to calm her frazzled nerves.

It was in doing this, that she heard it. Her salvation. Their salvation.

Palpatine, dressed in regal, flowing robes of gold and deep red entered his spacious office and gave a grandfatherly smile to Anakin.

“Anakin, my boy, what brings you here at this late hour?”

Anakin hesitated for effect. “I just…I needed someone to talk to; someone I trust.”

The Chancellor of the Republic was giddy. “Well, have a seat, my boy, and we’ll talk. Tell me, what seems to be the problem?”

Anakin sat heavily and with a deep sigh. “It’s…everyone and everything! The Council took Obi-Wan away from me, and gave me a new master. They don’t trust me; he doesn’t trust me.”

“Your new master, do you trust him?”

Anakin gave a non-committal shrug of his broad shoulders. “He’s not Obi-Wan.”

Palpatine had long ago accepted that fostering distrust between Kenobi and Skywalker was a fool’s errand. If he wanted one of them, he needed to play on their bond and he knew he’d have them both in the end.

“Ah, yes, your first, true mentor,” Palpatine said with a smile. “I quite like Obi-Wan myself. He’s been doing a remarkable job as head of the Red Guard and my bodyguard.”

“I knew he would,” Anakin offered. “Although, he…”

“What is it, Anakin?”

“Don’t get me wrong, Obi-Wan was a great mentor and a friend, but…” Anakin jumped from his chair and ran his hands through his hair in seeming frustration. “But he’s the one who started holding me back! He always held me back, and now Reeft does it too!”

Palpatine was overcome with joy. Anakin was feeling slighted by the Jedi, even by those closest to him.

“The Jedi have never known how to handle someone with your power, Anakin,” he gently told the young man. “They don’t embrace you, they fear you. Even your friend Obi-Wan has great fear of you, Anakin. That is why he held you back, and why your new master does the same.”

“I can’t stand it,” Anakin pleaded. “Tell me what I can do. Help me.”

Palpatine stepped up beside Anakin and rested a hand on his shoulder. Suddenly, it was like the gates had opened. Anakin felt the darkness nearly swallow him. Palpatine’s presence flooded Anakin’s senses. The Dark Lord of the Sith had revealed himself to the Jedi’s Chosen One.

“I can help you, Anakin,” Palpatine goaded. “Together, we can bring the Jedi to their knees. Together, we, the Sith can rule the galaxy.”

20. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Poor Obi-Wan and Siri. You wrote Obi-Wan's "guilt" very well.

Yay! Rescue plans in motion! Love Anakin in this story!

21. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Hey sis!!! You didn't mention you were writing this again.

Looks like Palpy is springing his trap. Can't wait to see what happened when Anakin realizes that it's not just Obi-Wan he has to save, but Zakk, Siri and Padme too. Hope he doesn't go berserk when he sees his wife as a captive.

Great writing! Looking forward to more. :)

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    The1stJediPrincess You wrote Obi-Wan's "guilt" very well.

Thanks.

Yay! Rescue plans in motion! Love Anakin in this story!

Yep, the heroes are on the way. [face_dancing] Writing Anakin is always fun, especially when he doesn't turn. Thanks for reading.

Skywalker_Angel Hey sis!!! You didn't mention you were writing this again.

Oops. [face_blush]

Great writing! Looking forward to more.

Thanks. :) More is directly below.

Author Note

There are some appearances by some special characters in this chapter. Hope y'all enjoy. :)

Chapter 30

“What did you just say?” Anakin demanded as he called his saber to his hand; blue blade shimmering into view.

Palpatine grinned evilly. “Come now, Anakin, surely you must have suspected. As gifted as you are, you…”

Anakin’s blue eyes blazed with controlled fury.

“Where is Obi-Wan?” he demanded as he circled the Chancellor, whose eyes he noticed were slowly changing from their normally warm, dark brown to a cold, steely yellow.

“What makes you think he’s here?” Palpatine taunted.

Anakin reached out with his senses and suddenly realized that he couldn’t now, and hadn’t since he’d heard his former mentors scream in the Force, feel Obi-Wan. Slight doubt crept in.

Stay the course, Anakin.

“You haven’t made this easy, Anakin,” Palpatine continued. “You and Kenobi have constantly been thwarting my plans. He killed Darth Maul years ago. The two of you killed Count Dooku, Darth Tyrannus. Why, I thought with Qui-Gon Jinn out of the way…”

Anakin’s temper flared. “Don’t you dare speak his name in my presence. Where is Obi-Wan?”

“You could save him if only you’d embrace my teachings, Anakin,” he began. “I’m quite impressed with your power, and his. With the two of you and young Zakk, I will be unstoppable.”

Anger abated and fear set in.

“What have you done to Zakk!?”

Siri could still here the low voices of Anakin and Palpatine but she couldn’t make out anything being said between the two. She’d never trusted the Chancellor in regards to Anakin, and now she knew why.

“Obi-Wan,” she called softly to her still unconscious husband. She could see his chest rising and falling so she knew he was still breathing. “Please, wake up.”

Nothing.

Mace Windu was giving last minute instructions to the other Masters when Ferus Olin came running up to them.

“Is there a problem, Padawan Olin?”

Rather than answer, he only spoke. “I want to go with you. I’ve tried reaching Master Tachi numerous times with no results. Masters, I’m certain that whatever has happened to Obi-Wan involves Siri as well.”

Windu spoke up immediately. “No. You will remain here, Padawan Olin.”

“I won’t,” Ferus declared. “I won’t stay here. Siri was my master, and Obi-Wan and Anakin are my friends. I won’t stand by and let them be…I won’t.”

Kit Fisto nodded and gave a small smile. “Let him come with us, Mace. He can only help. He’s about to take his Trials, he’s ready.”

Windu reluctantly agreed.

Ferus didn’t know what might lie ahead, but he had made his decision. He was going to help any way he could. If that meant charging into danger, then he would. If it meant being daring and brave, then he would be. If it meant being calm and focused, he would be.

If it meant laying down his life to save someone else, then he would.

He boarded the shuttle with the others as his contemplations went on.

“Young Zakk is to become one of my new apprentices,” Palpatine told Anakin. “Along with you and his father, I will…”

Anakin stepped just a bit closer and slowly began to twirl his saber. “But you won’t, Your Excellency. You won’t have Zakk or me, or Obi-Wan. You won’t have anyone because soon enough you’ll be only a memory.”

Palpatine snarled. Turning Skywalker was supposed to be easier than this. He’d foreseen it. But he still had his trump card. If Obi-Wan and Zakk weren’t enough to turn him, then his wife would be.

“Don’t be so sure,” Palpatine spat as he suddenly flicked his wrist and red-bladed saber was suddenly gleaming before Anakin.

Anakin barely had time to raise his own saber to block Palpatine’s first strike.

The battle had begun.

”Are you certain we can do this, Master?”

“Of course I am,” the elder Jedi replied. “Now come on, we don’t have much time.”

“I know; I can feel the Force changing; growing darker.”

“I can as well. We only have once chance. If we fail, the darkness might be all the galaxy knows for years to come.”

Anakin was being pushed back with every strike of the red saber clutched in Palpatine’s deceptively strong hands. The older man had agility and speed Anakin had not expected and he was paying for it.

“I expected more from the Chosen One,” he baited.

“You haven’t seen everything yet,” Anakin engaged him in a verbal confrontation to match their physical opposition.

Anakin gathered the Force around him and leapt into the air, coming to land directly behind Palpatine, his blue blade swinging down in a forty-five degree angle right at Palpatine’s head. Once again, the speed he shouldn’t have appeared and Palpatine was out of harm’s way.

“Good, Anakin, good,” he said. “I can feel your anger beginning to rise. You want to strike me down.”

As Anakin continued to strike and parry, flip and evade, his mind was moving a thousand parsecs a second. He knew Palpatine was right; he did want to strike him down. He was getting angry.

”It’s not working, Master.”

“Calm yourself and concentrate,” the older man instructed. “Focus, and reach out to him. You can do it.”

The younger man took a deep breath, centered himself and drew on the Force more than he ever had. Slowly he reached out a hand, tentatively at first then with confidence as he felt himself reach beyond the barrier.

His hand settled on Zakk’s forehead, and he could actually physically feel the boy.

“Zakk,” he called softly. “Zakk, time to wake up, young one.”

The small boy stirred, but didn’t awaken.

“Again,” he was instructed. “Try jostling him a little.”

A nod was followed by another try.

“Zakk, wake up,” he said a little firmer than before and with a small shake. “Come on; wake up for me, Zakk.”

The little boy stirred again, and his eyes fluttered open slowly. A sleepy blue-green gaze was the most wonderful sight the man had ever seen.

“Masta Gawen,” the small voice called.

“It’s me, young one,” Garen Muln told the boy. “You’re safe.”

“Feel bad,” Zakk said. “In here.”

Garen noticed that Zakk was touching his forehead.

“I know, little one,” he said. “You’ll feel better in a few moments.”

Suddenly Zakk turned his head to the side a bit. “Why you bwue?”

Garen smiled. “That’s a long story. I’ll tell you later, okay?”

Zakk nodded as he noticed another figure standing just behind Garen.

“Who he?”

“That’s Master Qui-Gon,” Garen said. “He came with me to get you.”

Zakk’s eyes lit up. “Papa tell me ‘bout you.”

Though long dead, Qui-Gon’s heart warmed upon learning that Obi-Wan had told his son about his former mentor.

Qui-Gon stepped forward and knelt down to speak directly to Zakk. “I’m very glad to meet you, Zakk Kenobi. Do you think you can come with Garen and me?”

Zakk nodded and began to stand, but fell back to the bed.

“I feel…bad,” he said.

“Are you dizzy?” Garen questioned. “Feel like the room is…is spinning?”

Zakk nodded his head.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes as he reached out and touched Zakk’s forehead. He could feel, almost see, what Palpatine had done to Zakk. Carefully placed Force suggestions had begun to create a nascent bond between Zakk and the Chancellor. Palpatine had already started the process of corrupting the young boy.

“I need you to relax, Zakk,” Qui-Gon said as he opened his eyes. “I’m going to fix it so you don’t feel bad anymore, alright?”

He made Zakk lay back down and again touched his forehead. It took an incredible amount of concentration and no small portion of the Force for Qui-Gon to reach into Zakk’s head the same way Palpatine had and begin to unwind the pathways that had already begun to form.

“Won’t he sense it?” Garen asked when Qui-Gon was done.

The older man nodded. “Yes, he probably already has. We have to move quickly.”

Palpatine raged when he felt his bond with Zakk Kenobi snap.

Anakin noticed the momentary slip of concentration and he immediately took advantage and went on the offensive. He pressed his height advantage, pressing in close to the Sith Lord and forcing him backwards.

“Now who’s fearful, old man?” Anakin taunted.

Palpatine could sense the tide turning. The time had come to reveal his ace in the hole.

“You won’t be so confident when you see this,” Palpatine laughed.

He flicked a finger as he continued to hold off Anakin’s powerful strikes. The entire wall began to lift and Anakin was met with a sight that nearly brought him to his knees.

There, in two separate cells that were divided, sat Siri, Obi-Wan and to Anakin’s utter horror, his wife, Padme.

Obi-Wan was still unconscious, as was Padme and Siri had tears running down her cheeks.

Palpatine could feel Anakin’s emotions getting the better of him. His blue eyes were burning in fury. His muscles had tensed. His saber began to lower.

Palpatine missed none of it. A swing of his saber and Anakin had a deep wound on his left arm, making Anakin scream in pain.

“Now, young Skywalker, you will surrender,” he sneered. “Or your friends, and your beloved wife, will die.”

Anakin fell to his knees, saber falling away when his hand hit the floor. Sweat beaded on his forehead as tears threatened to fall.

“What do you…what do you want from me?” he got out between labored breaths.

Palpatine deactivated his red blade. “I want you, Anakin. I want you to stand at my side as my…enforcer. I want you and Obi-Wan to be my apprentices. It’s the only way, Anakin. It’s the only way you can save your wife, and the only way he can save his. He will follow you into the dark side, you know he will.”

Anakin closed his eyes, desperately searching the Force for a way to save everyone without having to surrender everything he believed in.

He found none.

Anakin raised his head and looked Palpatine in the eye, blue to yellow.

“I will do…anything you ask,” he gasped out. “Just let Padme…let her live.”

”Come on, Zakk, follow me and you’ll be safe and away from the bad feeling,” Garen told the boy.

He and Qui-Gon were leading the child from the confines of Palpatine’s maze of tunnels that ran throughout the Senate Building.

It took nearly twenty minutes, but when Zakk finally exited, he was standing before Master Yoda in the lower levels of the city-planet.

“Alright, you are young one?” Yoda asked the child, his eyes also seeking out the blue shimmering images of Qui-Gon and Garen.

Zakk nodded with a small smile. “Alwight Masta Woda.”

Qui-Gon chuckled at Zakk’s mispronunciation of some names and words. It was endearing. He remembered well that Obi-Wan had the same problem as a child.

“Thank you, I do, for rescuing young Zakk,” Yoda directed to the two men.

“The Force…compelled us to act, and granted us the ability to do so,” Qui-Gon told Yoda.

“Good it is, to see you both. Missed you, I have.”

Garen knelt down. “I have missed you, Master Yoda. I’m thankful for these few moments to say…thank you, and…goodbye.”

Qui-Gon then dipped his head and gave a low bow. “Goodbye, Master.”

Yoda returned the bow. “Goodbye, Qui-Gon. Missed you, I have as well.”

“You’s dead, huh?” Zakk suddenly blurted out.

Out of the mouths of children, Qui-Gon thought.

Garen turned to the boy, still kneeling as he had before Yoda. “Yes, Zakk, we’re both dead. We became one with the Force, that’s why we’re both blue. We can’t stay here much longer. We came to you, and now we have to go back. You’ll be going with Master Yoda now. He’ll protect you.”

“See you’s again?”

Garen shook his head. “I don’t know, Zakk.”

A sad look crossed the child’s face. Garen reached out a hand and gently rested it again Zakk’s tiny chest, over his heart.

“I’ll always be right here,” Garen told him. “We both will.”

He hadn’t yet removed his hand when he felt the Force pulling him away. He stood and moved next to Qui-Gon. Slowly, the two Jedi faded from view, as if they had never been there at all.

Yoda quickly grasped Zakk’s hand and led him to a speeder nearby. Inside, behind the controls, was Jedi Knight Bant Eerin.

“Bant!” Zakk yelled as he ran to her and jumped into the speeder.

“To the Temple, take him,” Yoda instructed. “Protected above all, he must be.”

Bank acknowledged the order and headed for the safety of the Jedi Temple while Yoda headed back to the entrance to the tunnels that would lead back inside the Senate Building, and Palpatine’s office.

Stand firm. Do not give in. Just a few moments more.

Anakin heard the voice clearer each time it spoke to him.

“Good,” Palpatine groaned. “You’re fulfilling your destiny, Anakin.”

Now!

The outer doors to Palpatine’s office burst open and Masters Windu, Fisto, Kolar and Tiin along with Reeft and Ferus came charging in.

Anakin was on his feet in an instant, blue blade ignited in his hand as he smiled at Palpatine.

“Yes, I am fulfilling my destiny,” he spoke clearly and decisively. “I will bring balance to the Force. I am the Chosen One and you will be destroyed.”

Together with Windu, Kolar and Fisto, Anakin once again engaged Palpatine. Red, blue, purple and green were a blur of color and the duel danced around the office.

Reeft, Ferus and Saesee Tiin immediately set about getting Obi-Wan, Siri and Senator Amidala out of their prison.

Palpatine was being driven back. Mace Windu and Anakin came at him from one side while Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto attacked from the opposite.

“You won’t defeat me, Jedi,” he spat at them as he took a large swing at an opening in Fisto’s defenses. The tall, Nautolan Jedi Master was instantly dead from the gaping wound to his chest.

“Defeat you, we will,” Yoda’s voice thundered throughout the room.

Yoda leapt high over the head of Windu and ignited his green saber as he went, striking down on Palpatine, wounding his right shoulder. He landed next to Anakin before again launching himself into the air.

Anakin ducked under Yoda and came at Palpatine’s knees with his foot. He took the legs out from under him and sent the Sith Lord crashing to the ground. His saber was at his neck in an instant, singing his pale flesh.

“You’ve failed, Your Excellency,” Anakin said. “I am a Jedi, like my master before me.”

Palpatine’s face twisted into a mask of pure evil. “So be it, Jedi.”

Without warning, Force lightening flew from his hands, hitting Agen Kolar square in the chest. The Zabrak was thrown across the room and crashed again the transparasteel window, unconscious.

Windu didn’t have time to recover from his shock when he felt a boot strike hard against his lower leg. Balance lost, he fell to the ground and was met by a suddenly ignited red saber which pierced his chest, killing him instantly.

“No!” Anakin yelled.

He pushed his saber closer to Palpatine as Yoda held his green blade angled at Palpatine’s head.

“It’s over,” Anakin implored. “Give up.”

Siri had hoped that when the wall had risen it meant that Anakin was the one rescuing them. Instead, she had been treated to the entire goings on in the office; the duel, the deaths of two Jedi Masters and the wounding of another.

She didn’t know what was happening to her son. She didn’t know if her husband would ever awaken. She didn’t truly believe any of them would be free of the nightmare they were currently living.

Until Ferus, Reeft and Masters Tiin burst into the room from behind her.

“Master!” Ferus called.

He ran to Siri and pulled her into an embrace and both breathed a sigh of relief at his presence.

“Think you can remove this collar,” she asked.

Ferus quickly took off the Force-suppression collar and Siri’s senses were flooded with the presences of the Jedi near her, as well as that of the Sith Lord they could still see.

Reeft had knelt down in front of his friend. “Obi-Wan?”

Siri came to kneel beside Reeft. She removed Obi-Wan’s collar as well and rested her hand against his cheek.

“Obi, please wake up for me,” she pleaded. “Please, we need you. I need you.”

“What happened to his hand?” Master Tiin asked.

Siri shook her head. “I don’t know. It was…everything happened so fast. I didn’t ask him.”

Out of the blue, Reeft punched his friend in the arm. “Obi, wake up!”

Obi-Wan shook, reacting to the punch. “Wh…what…?”

“Come on, my friend, we have to get out of here,” Reeft intoned as he lifted Obi-Wan onto his shoulder.

“Zakk,” Siri said as they headed out of the room. “Where is Zakk? Did you see him coming in here?”

Reeft smiled. “I got a message from Bant just before we burst in. Zakk is back at the Temple, safe with her.”

Tears of relief fell from her eyes at that news. “Thank the Force for that.”

Ferus supported Siri while Reeft carried Obi-Wan and they along with Master Tiin made their way out of the room.

Tiin pointed the way for them. “I’m going to retrieve Senator Amidala. I’ll meet you in a few moments.”

“It will never be over,” Palpatine rang out.

“Under arrest, you are, Chancellor.”

The others entered the outer office just as Yoda had finished speaking. Obi-Wan was a little more awake. Padme was still unconscious in Tiin’s arms before he passed her to Ferus and Siri was limping slightly.

“No, no, no,” Palpatine repeated as lightening again flew from his fingertips.

Yoda and Anakin raised their blades in time to deflect it back on Palpatine himself. Anakin grimaced as he saw the old man’s face become disfigured and deformed as the lightening rebounded.

Saesee Tiin directed Reeft and Ferus to get Siri, Padme and Obi-Wan to safety. He moved closer to the trio of combatants.

“Sto…stop,” Palpatine gasped.

The lightening stopped. Yoda and Anakin were careful not to lower their defenses too far.

Tiin hadn’t taken three steps when the mechanized voice of General Grievous interrupted.

“Skywalker, I should have expected you,” the droid general claimed.

Anakin turned around at the sound of the voice. This droid had killed Garen Muln and many other Jedi. He had wreaked havoc across the galaxy for long enough. Anakin made a move towards him.

Everything happened in slow motion from there.

Anakin raised his saber to attack Grievous.

Tiin ignited his saber.

Reeft felt Obi-Wan waking even more and struggling to get down.

Ferus tightened his grip on Padme and led Siri from the sight of the battle.

Obi-Wan, now standing on his own two feet despite the pain he was feeling, watched it happen.

He watched Yoda turn from Palpatine for just a fraction of an instant.

He watched the Sith Lord spring to his feet and use the Force to fling Yoda across the room where he glanced off the wall and landed near the still unconscious Kolar.

Reeft dashed forward, saber blazing and cut Grievous in half as Obi-Wan yelled.

“Anakin!”

The Chosen One saw out of the corner of his eye his former teacher and best friend use the Force to throw Agen Kolar’s lightsaber to him.

He caught it in his left hand and ignited it as Palpatine struck. Anakin went into a crouch allowing Palpatine’s lunge to pass over his head. With his right arm, he swung at Palpatine’s legs, severing them both with his blue blade. Before he had even fallen, Anakin used Kolar’s blade to slice into Palpatine.

Anakin was literally glowing with power.

The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, Dark Lord of the Sith, was dead.

Anakin fell to his knees then, exhausted with the effort.

“It’s finally over.”

Obi-Wan moved slowly to his friend. He rested a hand on his shoulder.

“Let’s go home.”

23. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Wow! What a great chapter! [:D] =D=

Garen and Qui-Gon saving Zakk was awesome. [face_love]

Evil Palpy is daead...Woo Hoo!! [face_dancing] Great Job! Can't wait to see how it ends.

24. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Great work, as usual, Sis!!! =D=

Loved that Garen and Qui-Gon saved Zakk. But, how were they able to actually touch Zakk? Thought that was very interesting and a unique idea.

Can't wait to see how they all deal with the things that have happened to them. Has Siri really forgiven Obi-Wan for not telling her right away about Anakin's vision concerning Zakk? How will Obi-Wan react to having lost his hand? Does Anakin need to remain a Jedi now that he's fulfilled the prophecy?

So many questions. [face_dancing] Looking forward to the end.

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I'd forgotten this story...I'm still *&^^ irritated at the Council for expelling Obi-Wan and Siri.

And now, Anakin has fulfilled his destiny, Obi-Wan has lost his hand and his job...what now (I have a few suspicions, but based on what I'd like to see happen so I'll keep my mouth shut).