main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Secrets of the Jedi (post-AotC AU; Siriwan; A/P) **Updated 3/13/12-Epilogue** Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, May 25, 2005.

1. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    UP!!! Please?

2. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    That is the end??? *sniff*:( *tries to hold back tears*[face_worried] *fails miserably* :_| :_| :_|

*after some time regains composure*

I just found this story, and I must say wow! I have always thought that many things would have changed between Obi-Wan and Anakin if only they had been honset with eachother. I have to say that I usually go for darker stories, (after all I consider myself a Sith;) ) but this is wonderful![face_love]

You are a wonderful writer and I am really enjoying this story. Could you please PM when you update? And, please update soon!!![face_praying]

I look forward to reading more!:D

Ani-maniac

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Malz4JESUS We'll be waiting!

Thanks. :) It won't be too long now.

DarkLadyRevan hate it when that happens it is so frustrating! Well at least you had everything on disc

Yeah, I hate it too. Thankfully I had everything backed up.

Venus_Star2-com please come back!!!!

[face_laugh] On my way with the next chapter in hand.

AP4EVER UP!!! Please?

Thanks for the up. The chapter is done now.

Ani-maniac That is the end??? *sniff* :( *tries to hold back tears* [face_worried] *fails miserably* :_| :_| :_|

Ah, don't cry. The next chapter is on it's way.

I just found this story, and I must say wow! I have always thought that many things would have changed between Obi-Wan and Anakin if only they had been honset with eachother.

Thanks. I alwasy thought that too, if only Anakin had been honest and Obi-Wan had opened up a little more, things might have been different.

I have to say that I usually go for darker stories, (after all I consider myself a Sith ) but this is wonderful!

Oh, don't worry this one will have darkness. After all, they are about to head into the Clone War. ;)

You are a wonderful writer and I am really enjoying this story. Could you please PM when you update? And, please update soon!!!

I look forward to reading more!

Well, thank you for the compliment. I will PM you, no problem.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well readers, after weeks of computer problems, everything is finally fixed and the next chapter is here. I want to thank all of my readers for waiting patiently. I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

Chapter 4

Anakin crossed the threshold of the quarters he and Obi-Wan lived in just in time to see his mentor pulling on his boots.

“You’re awfully late getting dressed, Master,” Anakin commented lightly.

Obi-Wan looked up and he secured the last bootstrap. “Siri and I chatted for quite a while. She wasn’t satisfied that I was okay until she’d checked me from head to toe.”

Anakin laughed. At nine years old he’d met Obi-Wan’s friends and he knew how protective they were of his Master, especially Master Tachi and Knight Bant Earin. Even Garen Muln was protective, but not to the degree of the two females.

“My condolences, Master,” Anakin quipped teasingly. “I’m sure she poked and prodded as well as Healer Bant would have.”

“Oh, she was much gentler than Bant would have been, Anakin,” Obi-Wan teased back as he stood and grabbed his robe. “Did you enjoy your breakfast?”

Anakin moved into the kitchen and began preparing himself a cup of hot Alderaanian tea. “I did. The younglings were happy to see me.”

“You’re good with the younglings, Padawan,” Obi-Wan complimented him. “Someday you’ll be a wonderful Jedi Master.”

Anakin shook his blonde head violently. “I don’t think so, Master. I can’t imagine putting up with a Padawan Learner in the same way you’ve put up with me for so long.”

Obi-Wan gazed fondly at the nineteen year-old young man. “I used to think that, too. When I was your age, Qui-Gon and I were always being sent on one mission after another, much the same way you and I have been. Anyway, inevitably, I’d do or say something that would make him laugh and he’d threaten me with having to one day put up with a Padawan that was as much of a trial for me as I was for him.”

“Then along came me,” Anakin said, his voice low. “His prediction came true.”

Obi-Wan stepped directly in front of Anakin and rested a hand on his shoulder. “Yes, it did. You’ve been every bit the trial that Qui-Gon predicted you would be. But Anakin, I wouldn’t trade one moment of the last ten years.”

A small smile lit the young man’s face. “Not even the promise you made to him?” he asked carefully.

“No, not even that,” he said immediately. “I’ll admit that I was hurt when his last words were of you and not me. It took me a long time to come to terms with his reasoning. You were young, and you’d just been separated from your mother and…well, I finally came to understand that he never would have asked it of me if he hadn’t been confident in my ability to train you as a Jedi. I suppose what I’m trying to say is that I don’t regret making that promise because it gave me you, Anakin. You’ve come to mean as much to me as anyone in my life, Padawan.”

Shocking Obi-Wan, and himself a bit, Anakin reached out and drew his mentor into a crushing hug. “Thank you, Master,” he whispered to the older man.

Obi-Wan patted Anakin’s back. The young man was still sometimes so much of a boy that it surprised him. He had a hard time, especially recently, thinking of his tall, powerfully built Padawan as a boy, but at moments like this, he was reminded of the child whose nightmares he’d soothed during those first lonely nights they’d spent together in the Temple.

They pulled back at the same time. Obi-Wan looked into Anakin’s vivid blue eyes. “I received a summons from Master Windu right before you walked in. We’re to appear before the Council in fifteen minutes.”

“Do you have any idea what they want, Master?” Anakin questioned.

“I have an idea,” Obi-Wan said cryptically. “We’d best not be late.”

“Are you going to tell me?” Anakin asked as he followed his mentor out of their quarters.

Obi-Wan chuckled to himself as he and Anakin made their way to the lift that would take them to the Council chambers. “Anakin, Geonosis was just the beginning. The Republic is at war with the Separatists now. That means that we, the Jedi are at war with the Separatists as well.”

“That’s absurd, Master!” Anakin screeched as he and Obi-Wan stepped into the lift. “We’re Jedi, not soldiers.”

Obi-Wan released a heavy sigh as he ran a hand through his still damp hair. “I agree with you, Padawan. We’re not soldiers, but we are trained warriors. My feelings tell me that the Jedi will play a major role in bringing down the Separatist movement.”

Anakin scoffed. “My feelings tell me this war is a fool’s errand.”

Obi-Wan lightly touched Anakin’s shoulder as the lift rocketed upwards. “You may be right. However, we shall obey the decisions of the Council and the requests of the Senate.”

Padawan learners learned almost everything from their mentors. From Siri Tachi, Ferus had learned to control and harness the power of the Force. He’d also learned the art of wandering aimlessly. Siri walked the halls of the crèche at night. He walked through the Temple Gardens that contained the Room of a Thousand Fountains. The sound of running water could be heard around every corner. The path wound around past dozens of small ponds, most populated with exotic fish from hundreds of different worlds across the Republic.

“Having a nice stroll, Padawan?” Siri asked as she came up behind her apprentice.

Ferus turned slowly. “I needed to think so I decided to take a walk.”

“Think about what?” she asked as they sat down on a stone bench across from one of the ponds.

“About what happened on Geonosis,” he said quietly. “So many Jedi died that day, Master. I keep thinking that…”

“That what?” she questioned the young man.

“That had we been there things might have turned out differently.”

Siri smiled a little. “It’s commendable that you wanted to be there and help in the fight, but it’s foolish to think that it would have changed things. Those Jedi were destined to die that day, Ferus, and nothing was going to change their fate.”

Ferus’ frustration showed in his face. “Then why do we bother to get involved?” he asked.

“Ferus, we have powers and abilities that the greater portion of the population of this Republic will never have and can never hope to understand,” she explained quietly. “With those powers come great responsibilities. We’re charged with the responsibility of protecting and safeguarding the lives of others, of upholding justice. In some cases, where diplomacy and negotiation have failed, we’re the only ones who can.”

“I understand that, Master,” he said. “But for all that we can do, we can never really change anything, you said that yourself. I’ve researched diplomatic missions that Jedi have taken over the last hundred years, and so many of the treaties that one generation signed, were broken and tossed aside by the next. Jedi were sent to renegotiate again and again. It keeps happening.”

Siri rested her hand on his shoulder. “Yes, it does. Unfortunately, some beings aren’t able to learn from their mistakes and thus they are doomed to repeat them. The Force, or the gods, or whoever, has gifted every being in this galaxy with the right to choose freely the path that they will take through life. Some of them choose to follow a path that leads only to war and destruction. That’s a price that some are willing to pay to get what they want. As you go through life, you’re going to realize that not everyone will want the help of a Jedi. Not every generation will see their ancestors’ solutions as the best ones and they’ll want to change things, sometimes for the better and sometimes worse. In the end, it’s their choice.”

Ferus stayed quiet, unsure of how to respond. He seemed so sad to Siri. She knew he only wanted to help. As a Jedi, that was his role, his duty. Knowing that some of the people he helped and some of the things he helped change would never appreciate it or stay the same was eating him alive.

“Ferus look at me,” she commanded gently.

Swallowing, he turned to face her. She looked calm and at peace, secure in her role as his teacher.

“In your life, you’re going to help many people and negotiate many treaties and save many lives. That, my apprentice, is why we bother to get involved. We don’t do the things we do for the people we can’t help or save, we do it for the ones we can. The Jedi that died in the arena on Geonosis were fighting to save their fellow Jedi as well as an ideal. They were fighting to preserve peace. They may have saved many Jedi before they died, and that’s why they were there in the first place.”

“So I shouldn’t let it worry me when I can’t save someone?” he asked.

“Well, I don’t think you’ll be able to escape feeling sadness or worry when you see someone hurt or killed because you were unable to save them,” she told him. “But you need to remember to ask yourself why you couldn’t save them as you encounter those feelings. Most of the time, you’ll find that it was because they didn’t want to be saved at all. Like I said, we do it for the ones we can save, not the ones we can’t.”

Ferus nodded.

“Now come along,” Siri said as she stood and headed for the lift. “We have work to do if we’re going to contend for the title in the lightsaber competition.”

Ferus grinned. This was the first year in quite a while that they would be at the Temple during the weeklong competition. Ferus knew they both had a chance in their individual brackets, but she was right, they had work to do if they were to win the pairs competition. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, both winners in the Knight’s and Padawan’s brackets, had also won the pairs competition for the last five years running. Beating them wouldn’t be easy.

4. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    :D Yes! You've updated![face_dancing]

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Absolutly loved the conversations between the two Master/Padawan pairs. It's refreshing to see Obi-Wan assureing Anakin that he's always cared for him. And Siri's talk to Ferus helped him (and the reader's) better understand the role a Jedi plays in the Galaxy.

A wonderful chapter, and worth the wait. Computers are a god-send, but can be a burden at times. Anyway, loved this chapter, Master Jen! Can't wait to read more!:D

P.S. As much as I'd love to see Anakin and Obi-Wan wipe the floor at the competition, I'm rather anxious to see some Clone War action. But, whatever you choose to do is fine with me!

5. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Yay a post! :D

Obi and Siri are such great masters :D

I want to see the lightsaber competition too :D

6. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I didn't even know about this fic :eek: I'm not all the way here yet, but I've started, just wanted to let you know I'm reading, and liking very much!

7. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Wonderful chapter!:D

Thank you so much for the PM. As for the lightsaber contest, I wouldn't mind seeing it.:)

Please update again soon!

Ani-maniac

8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    AP4EVER Yes! You've updated!

Yes I have. =D=

Absolutly loved the conversations between the two Master/Padawan pairs. It's refreshing to see Obi-Wan assureing Anakin that he's always cared for him.

Thanks. I think all Anakin may ever have needed was to know that Obi-Wan did indeed care for him; that he wasn't just an obligation placed in his hands by Qui-Gon.

And Siri's talk to Ferus helped him (and the reader's) better understand the role a Jedi plays in the Galaxy.

I thought the role of the Jedi needed to be clarified. It's sort my own world view. People in power go about trying to save and/or police the world and more often than not, we run into people that don't want our help. So, I sort of applied that to the Jedi.

A wonderful chapter, and worth the wait. Computers are a god-send, but can be a burden at times. Anyway, loved this chapter, Master Jen! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you. :)

Senator_Leia73 Obi and Siri are such great masters

Aren't they? :) Anakin and Ferus are lucky young men.

Briman I didn't even know about this fic I'm not all the way here yet, but I've started, just wanted to let you know I'm reading, and liking very much!

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it. [face_dancing]

Ani-maniac Wonderful chapter!

Thanks a bunch. :)

Please update again soon!

I will. :)

9. Errine23

Errine23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 18, 2005
    Oh wow! An update! How did I miss it?!

I really like this story. The honesty between Anakin and Obi-Wan is refreshing. Obi needs to tell him of their child though...I think that's important.

10. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Finally caught up, Jen, and wow! :eek: I am really into this fic now. You have a way of writing Obi-Wan that I find always captivating, you put him stories with really emotional plots and that just makes his character incredible to read about. I like Siri, too.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the lightsaber contest :p

11. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    I love this fic!!

The Siri/Ferus talk was amazing. You do such a wonderful job with dialogue.

Personally, I would love to see the lightsaber competition.

Great work. =D=

12. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Yay you updated!

Hmmm do I smell a competition...?

13. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    WooHoo! :cool:

Great post! =D=

God bless,
    Malz

14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Errine23 I really like this story. The honesty between Anakin and Obi-Wan is refreshing.

Obi needs to tell him of their child though...I think that's important.

It's important, yes, but how important? ;)

Briman Well, thank you very much. :)

Personally, I wouldn't mind the lightsaber contest

I haven't decided yet which I'm gonna do. I may actually write both.

Skywalker_Angel I love this fic!!

The Siri/Ferus talk was amazing. You do such a wonderful job with dialogue.

[face_blush] Thanks. You do well with it also, you should post your stuff.

Great work

Thanks so much.

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Hmmm do I smell a competition...?

Yes you do. [face_dancing]

Malz4JESUS WooHoo!

Great post!

Thanks. :)

15. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I nearly missed that you had updated this story.

The dialouge in this chapter was great. Although it was a lot of explaining, it was easy to read and felt very natural all the time.

Very nice moment between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

16. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I liked the bit with Ferus. Nice to see his thoughts on the matter. And Anakin isn't looking forwards to the war- I like how you portrayed that. Personally, I think seeing the lightsaber match would be fun, before you begin the war, by the way.

17. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Oohh, do both, pretty please :D

18. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I love these conversations. They really bring to light the fact that Obi-Wan and Siri are both good teachers.

I would be in favor of a lightsaber duel. Fun, fun, fun! [face_dancing]

19. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Hi :), well I just found this fic... and what a finding!!!!! not only this is an amazing A/P but mainly a Siriwan!!! and they have a baby!!! =D= I just love it!!!, I hope you are going to update soon, anything you'll like to write will be great :), be well and take care.

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Lexi The dialouge in this chapter was great. Although it was a lot of explaining, it was easy to read and felt very natural all the time.

Thanks. :) I was worried it was a bit too wordy.

Very nice moment between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

They?re good together when they?re being honest, aren?t they? ;)

Alethia I liked the bit with Ferus. Nice to see his thoughts on the matter.

Thank you. I thought that maybe Ferus deserved a little more than a supporting role in this fic. :)

And Anakin isn't looking forwards to the war- I like how you portrayed that.

No, he isn?t. [face_thinking] Why might that be?

Briman Oohh, do both, pretty please

[face_laugh] I?m actually thining about doing exactly that.

DarthMousche I love these conversations. They really bring to light the fact that Obi-Wan and Siri are both good teachers.

Yes, it does. That fact may play a large role later in this fic. ;)

Erin_21 Hi, :) well I just found this fic... and what a finding!!!!!

Well, thanks very much. :) I?m so glad you?re enjoying it.

I just love it!!!,

Thanks again. :)

21. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Alright! Both!

22. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
  23. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ?I did. The younglings were happy to see me.?

?You?re good with the younglings, Padawan,? Obi-Wan complimented him. ?Someday you?ll be a wonderful Jedi Master.?

I wonder if Anakin has already met Zakk and the two of them have possibly become close. I think Obi-Wan should tell Anakin who is wife is and that they have a child. I don't think that Anakin won't be upset that his master has a son. That part kinda comes with marriage. ;)

Great job with this! :)

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman Alright! Both!

[face_laugh] I'm only considering it.

Master_Jedi_Singh UPDATE

I will. Very soon. :)

bek I wonder if Anakin has already met Zakk and the two of them have possibly become close.

Very interesting observation. I wonder if they have met? ;)

I think Obi-Wan should tell Anakin who is wife is and that they have a child. I don't think that Anakin won't be upset that his master has a son.

Anakin can be pretty jealous at times. ;) Who knows how he'll react.

Great job with this!

jacen20005 UP!

Thanks for the ups.

Hello readers. As of right now, Saturday night, I'm looking at possibly having the next chapter up by Tuesday. I spent all day Saturday at a car dealership buying a car so I didn't have time to write, so I won't be posting this this weekend. Thanks for reading.