main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Secrets of the Past (Jaina/Jag, Thrawn) COMPLETED 10/22 Yes!! I'm done!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by NYCitygurl, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    LOL. Things aren't good. And if you think this is spookie . . . *Grins evilly* just wait!

NYC

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Great post! Loved Han's reaction to his sons' asking questions! [face_laugh]

More soon?

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!

More this weekend, hopefully.

NYC

4. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
  5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm sick this weekend, so there won't be a post, sorry.

NYC

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry for the delay, post now!

~~~~~~

Anni was reading a holonovel, bored. Jaina was out with Jag, no surprise, and most of the Rogues, who were all dating each other or pilots from another squadron, were on dates as well.

Silv had begged her to go out, but Anni said that she?d rather not. The young Corellian had pretended that she had a headache and gotten out of going to the club with Silv.

The knock on the door startled her. ?It?s open!? she yelled.

The man on the other side opened it, and Anni was shocked to see who it was.

Jacen mentally berated himself for what he was about to do. Just because Tenel Ka is busy meeting with a bunch of politicians, didn?t mean that he had the right to cheat on her.

But it?s not really cheating Jacen thought. I want to get to know my sister?s wingmate. They?re good friends and all. Nothing more. So technically, it isn?t a date. Right?

Jacen walked down the hallway to Anni?s room. In front of her door, he shook his head. She probably has plans or something. A boyfriend, maybe.

Jace?s Corellian side took over, and he knocked on the door. ?It?s open!? Anni yelled. Jacen opened the door.

Anni was obviously surprised to see him. Jacen walked in and closed the door behind him. She was sitting in bed reading a holonovel, so she didn?t have plans.

?Jacen. Hi.?

?Hi. Um.?

Anni set down the book. ?What are you doing here??

?Well, I?m kinda bored, so I figured I?d get to know to woman who could end up saving my sister?s life.?

Anni smiled. ?What exactly did you have in mind??

?Dinner, maybe??

Anni stood up. ?Dinner sounds nice. I wouldn?t mind getting to know the brother of the woman whose life I could end up saving. So we could have something to talk about in the med ward while Jaina?s in bacta.?

?Sounds like a plan. Have a dinner preference??

Anni shook her head. ?I?ve only been on Coruscant for a few months.?

?Okay. I know a place that makes great mynocks.?

Anni frowned. ?Are you serious??

?Dead serious. Corran Horn showed it to me a few years ago. The nerf steaks aren?t great, but the cooked mynocks are.?

?Sounds interesting, but I won?t order it if you don?t.?

Jacen laughed. ?Deal.? He bowed formally and extended his arm. Anni smiled and accepted it as Jacen led her out the door.

Jacen thanked the waiter who set the cooked mynocks in from of them. Anni poked at it with her fork. ?It doesn?t look too bad.?

?It?s not.? Jacen took a bite. Anni, encouraged that he had done it too, took a small bite. Her eyebrows shot up. ?You?re right, this is pretty good.?

Jacen grinned. ?I?m always right.?

?You know, your sister is my wingmate. I?m sure she could rove that you are not, in fact, always right.?

?Okay, maybe not always, but I?m always right about food.?

?Oh yeah??

?Yeah.?

?Prove it.?

?Proving it would mean taking you out to dinner again.?

?I wouldn?t mind. Your girlfriend might, though.?

Jacen shook his head. ?She?s deep in negotiations with the Chief of State an the High Council about something or other. She won?t mind.?

Anni smiled. ?All right. Tomorrow night, then.?

?How many perfect dinners will it take to prove it??

?Depends.?

?On what??

?On how perfect they are.?

Jacen smiled his father?s roguish grin. ?They will be very perfect.?

?If you can do it two more times, I?ll believe you, and not listen to Jaina.?

?Deal.?

After dinner, Jacen took Anni to a park. ?I thought you were walking me back.?

?I am.?

?You?re lost.?

?I?m not lost, I?m simply taking a detour.?

?Through the park??

?That?s where the really good ice cream lives.?

Anni raised her eyebrow. ?Really good ice cream on top of a really good dinner??

?Yep.?

?Let me pay for it, then. You paid for dinner.?

?No, you?re a lady, I?ll pay.?

Anni slipped her arm through his. ?You?re quite the gentleman, did you know that??

?Jaina?s been trying to turn me into one.?

?Good for her.?

They reached the ice cream stand. ?So

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great posts! :D Jacen has to break up with Tenel Ka! It's not fair to her to be half dating someone else.

8. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Hey great post as usual!

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    J&J: Thanks! you're right, it isn't fair, but the love triangle thing is an important part of the story.

JAGSGURL15: Thanks!

NYC

10. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    *sits Jacen down on nerf-wool sofa, sits down beside him, and calmly thwacks him upside the head, knocking him onto the floor* Either stop this with Anni and continue on dating Tenel Ka or break up with Tenel and date Anni. Doing this will crush both their hearts and you'll end up all alone when they both drop you. Then you'll end up in a bacta tank when one or the other or Jaina or two of three or all three come after you.

Great post btw.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    LOL! Yeah, Tenel Ka, Anni, and Jaina aren't going to be too happy with him! And there will be a bacta tank invloved, actually.

Thanks!

NYC

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    New post!

~~~~~~

Jacen woke up and went into the kitchen. Tenel Ka was eating a quick breakfast and looking and notes on datapads. He gave her a quick kiss. ?What?s up??

?The ceiling.?

Jacen sighed. ?I meant, what?s gong on??

Tenel Ka looked up at him. ?We are on the verge of war. The New Republic against the Yuuzhan Vong. This is going to be a galactic war. Every major power must choose sides or be destroyed in the crossfire. The Chiss have thrown their loot in with the New Republic. I?m negotiating for Hapes to do the same.?

Jacen nodded. ?I see.?

?War is serious business.?

?Yeah, I know. How long will you be in negotiations??

?All day today, probably more.?

Jacen nodded glumly. ?So I won?t see you??

?I?m afraid not.? She finished her breakfast, put her dishes in the sink, and hurried to her meeting.

Jacen was raiding the fridge when Jaina walked in, rapidly pulling a brush through her hair. She started searching the cabinets for something.

?Hey, what?s the big rush??

?Simming with the Rogues,? she said, not even glancing at him.

?Need help looking for something??

She shook her head and held up a health bar. ?Nope, I?ve got it, thanks.?

?When will you be back??

?I don?t know, probably not until at least after lunch.? She ran out the door.

Jacen sighed and pulled out a bowl, a box of cereal, and carton of milk. Anakin rushed into the kitchen. He flipped through the pile of magazines on the table, hunting for something.

?Need help??

?No, speeder keys.?

They were on the counter. Jacen picked them up and handed them to his little brother. ?Where are you going??

Anakin took the keys. ?I?m taking Tahiri out to breakfast. See you later!?

Jacen sighed and wondered who wasn?t going somewhere.

Leia hurriedly dressed and put her hair up. ?I don?t see what the big rush is,? Han said.

?Tenel Ka is talking with the council about Hapes throwing in with the New Republic. I need to be there.?

?You?re not on the council anymore.?

?I?m an ambassador, and I might be called upon to go to Hapes or the Imperial Remnant.?

?You?re kidding, right??

?I don?t have time to kid.? She and Han walked into the living room. She kissed him quickly and looked for the keys.

?Sweetheart, I think I heard Jaina take the speeder to work. Why don?t you grab Tenel Ka and see if she?ll give you a lift??

?Good idea, thanks.? She rushed out the door.

Luke and Mara ran into the living room. Han frowned. ?Don?t tell me that you have to sit in on this Council meeting, too??

Luke stopped long enough to say, ?What Council meeting??

?The one Leia and Tenel Ka just left for.?

?I don?t know anything about it. Corran was hurt while on a mission with Ganner. He?s in bacta.?

?Oh. I guess I?ll see you two later, then.? They had run out the door so fast they hadn?t heard him.

Feeling dejected, Han walked into the kitchen. His oldest son was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal. ?Hey kid, all your friends desert you??

?Yeah. Tenel Ka is doing some political thing, Zekk went out with Peckhum, Jaina has some Rogue thing, and Anakin took Tahiri out for breakfast. I don?t even know where Lowie went.?

?Some sort of Wookie preparation for war. He and Chewie left last night. And your Mom and aunt and uncle al rushed off this morning.?

?So you know how I feel.?

?Yeah.? Han remembered their talk yesterday about girls, and how much closer he had felt with his son. ?So, where were you last night, anyway??

Jacen?s ears turned red. ?I took Anni out for dinner.?

?Wanna hang out today? You can tell me about your night.?

Jacen smiled. ?I?d like that, Dad.?

~~~~~~

NYC

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Great post! :D More Han and Jacen talk... fun. :p

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!! :D

NYC

15. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Great! that was great! now.... if only... i dont think i have seen Jag in a bit yah know? great postie... Han and Jace... Heh!

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks! Jag will come back in a couple posts.

NYC

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Post!

~~~~~~

Jacen woke up feeling peaceful. He had spent a fun day getting to know his dad, and the evening getting to know Anni.

He walked into the kitchen. Tenel Ka and Leia were rushing around, trying to grab breakfast bars, datapads, and keys. Jacen stopped Tenel Ka and gave her a kiss.

Leia found the keys and she rushed into the living room, telling Tenel Ka to hurry up.

She slid out of Jacen?s arms and started to follow, but he stopped her. ?You don?t even have time to say goodbye??

?I don?t have time to do anything. I have been appointed the Hapan ambassador, and I need to do my job. Jacen, my friend, I?m sorry, but I don?t have time for a relationship right now.?

?So you?re breaking up with me??

?No. I am simply putting our relationship on standstill. We can pick up where we left off when this craziness slows down, but I?m too busy right now. Is this okay??

Jacen sighed. ?It?ll have to be.?

Tenel Ka nodded, and followed Jacen?s mother.

Jacen felt awful and bored. Then he remembered something.

He picked up a com and dialed a number to Rogue Squadron. It was picked up. ?Hello??

?Hi Anni, it?s Jacen.?

?Hey. Something wrong??

?Nothing. I just wondered if you would like to go somewhere today, if you?re not busy.?

?You?re not??

?Nope, I?ve got the whole day free, and as a Coruscant native I thought I?d show you the sights.?

?Sounds fun. Where are you taking me??

?It?s a surprise.?

?Can I have a clue??

?Dress warmly.?

Wedge ran to catch up with Garm bel Ibis. ?General, wait up!?

The Corellian legend slowed down and waited for the younger man. ?Is there anything I can help you with, General Antilles??

?Yes, actually. You realize that we are on the brink of war??

?Of course.?

?A solution was brought to my attention, but the government won?t like it.?

?A solution??

?Someone who could solve our problems??

?Yes.?

?I don?t know of anyone short of Thrawn who could solve our problems if we don?t act fast.?

Wedge knew that was a perfect opening. ?Actually, sir . . .?

Bel Ibis frowned. ?You don?t mean Thrawn, do you? He?s dead, and it was proven that he won?t come back.?

?Do you remember, during the Caamasi crisis, when it was rumored that Thrawn would come back ten years after he died??

?That was proven false by a Moff and, a con man, and a clone.?

?The arrival of Colonel Fel and the Chiss proved that there are more like Thrawn.?

?Yes, but they are not Thrawn himself.?

Wedge sighed. ?My nephew and Jaina Solo discovered something on Niruan seven years ago. Will you at least come see??

?For now, yes. But if it?s a trick . . .?

?I would not do something like that, and neither would Jag and Jaina.?

Bel Ibis gestured to Wedge. ?Lead the way.?

Bel Ibis sat on the couch, stunned. He looked at Wedge. ?Well, you were right. He?s Thrawn.?

?And we need him, but the majority of people would rather kill him than let him help. They?ll think he?s double crossing us.?

Bel Ibis turned to Jag. ?What about the Chiss??

?They won?t like it, either. Thrawn was somewhat of a radical. Chiss never attack first.?

?I see. Grand Admiral??

?I am not Grand Admiral. I hold no rank. It is just Thrawn, now.?

?Yes, of course. Thrawn, if you are willing to help, than it can be arranged.?

?I would like to contribute.?

?Very well, then.?

?One request, though.?

?Name it.?

?May I have a look at some of what these Yuuzhan Vong call art??

After the conversation ended, Zekk turned the headphones off. That conversation would be enough to get Fel convicted. He could carefully wipe out the parts about Jaina and give it to the High Council. Fel would be disgraced, Jaina would dump him, and Zekk would be there to hold her hand.

~~~~~~

NYC

18. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Thanks for the PM.

Uh oh. Zekk heard the conversation. Not good.

*calmly walks over to Jacen and Tenel Ka and whacks both against the side of the head* Idiots. Either you're dating or you're not. Choose now! This halfway thing will only end in pain. And Jacen choose which you want. You too, Tenel.

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    J_M_Bulldog: You're welcome!

Uh oh. Zekk heard the conversation. Not good.

It isnt going to be pretty.

*calmly walks over to Jacen and Tenel Ka and whacks both against the side of the head* Idiots. Either you're dating or you're not. Choose now! This halfway thing will only end in pain. And Jacen choose which you want. You too, Tenel.

But that would make it easy ;)

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Great post! :D Wahoo! Go Thrawn! :D :p

:eek: Zekk is gonna get them in big trouble!!!! Big Big trouble!!!! [face_plain] :mad: Somebody has to stop him!!! :mad:

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!!! :D

Zekkie's a very bad boy :(

NYC

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Jeez- Zekk is going a leetle strange these days. Great posts. I wonder what will end up happening between Jacen, Tenel Ka, and Anni...

23. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Ohh, bad Zekk!

And bad me for not coming back to see this story! More soon, right?

24. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Welps, my last post was a bit rushed. However, I think Zekk sohuld realize that while he's telling the NR High Command abou Thrawn's clone, it's not going to win Jaina. If you think about it, she already knew abou the kriffing clone! She wouldn't be mad at Jag for telling Wedge about him [as she was there] and all things considered, she probably wouldn't be mad at Wedge for telling Garm. *sighs*

Zekk, ya freak, leave 'er alone!

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Lt: Yeah, he is. Oh, thats a disaster waiting to happen.

Trickster: Very bad Zekk. More soon.

I think Zekk sohuld realize that while he's telling the NR High Command abou Thrawn's clone, it's not going to win Jaina. If you think about it, she already knew abou the kriffing clone! She wouldn't be mad at Jag for telling Wedge about him [as she was there] and all things considered, she probably wouldn't be mad at Wedge for telling Garm.

Yes, but he's obsessed with winning her. He thinks that if he embarresses Jag in front of the High council then she'll not want to be seen with him and come back to Zekk.

NYC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.