main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Secrets of the Past (Jaina/Jag, Thrawn) COMPLETED 10/22 Yes!! I'm done!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by NYCitygurl, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I just found this story-good so far! Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    JJ00: ]hmmmm... very interesting. so jaina went to see her family? looking fwd to more!

Thanks!! :D I'll try to put up more soon.

Thrawn1786: I just found this story-good so far! Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New reader!!! YAY!! Thanks :D

I'm sorry I've been ignoring this story, but i've got half a post written and I'll try to finish it tonight.

NYC

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry for the wait; here it is!

~~~~~~

When Jaina woke up, it was in an unfamiliar bed, but the arms that held her close she knew. ?Jag,? she murmured.

?I?m right here, baby.?

She snuggled closer, enjoying the warmth and comfort he brought. The galaxy might be torn apart by war, but Jaina knew that she would always have him.

Anni woke up to the smell of eggs. She followed the scent into the kitchen, where Jacen was making eggs, bacon, and sausage.

She didn?t say anything for a moment just enjoyed looking at him. He was wearing a pair of sweatpants and nothing else. And while he wasn?t the most muscular man she?d ever seen, he still looked good without a shirt.

?Good morning.?

Jacen turned around. ?Good morning. Hungry??

?Very.? She got out five glasses and a gallon of milk. ?Is it almost ready??

?It is ready.? He turned the stove off and put the eggs onto a platter. He started putting the meat on another, and Anni set the table.

By the time Tahiri, Jaina, and Jag made it into the kitchen, the table was set and the food was waiting. The pilots ate hurriedly, and then rushed to get dressed and left.

Jacen and Tahiri put the leftovers in the refrigerator and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

Tahiri flopped down in a chair. ?Now what??

?It?s just the two of us today, sweetie.?

?Okay, then I?m taking a nice, long bath and doing my laundry.

?I?ll do the laundry, go ahead a take that bath. You deserve it.?

That afternoon, Jacen divided himself between cleaning the house and treating Tahiri like a princess. She picked up a thick book and spent the afternoon with it.

That night, after dinner, the five of them played Monopoly. Jacen enjoyed the chance to sit and relax with them, and to see Jaina, Anni, and Tahiri, who had so little to smile about these days, laugh and have fun.

As the week wore on, they developed a pattern?get up, have breakfast, Jaina, Jag, and Anni rush off to work, Tahiri and Jacen would relax and play games, read, and watch movies all day, then when the pilots got home they would work, they?d all have dinner and watch a movie or play a game, and go to bed. Jaina and Jag had been convinced to stay. It didn?t take much?Jaina approved of having a second cook, and the five of them felt safer with each other.

Anni and Jacen were usually the last ones to go to bed, and they would take advantage if the time to curl up together and sneak a few kisses.

It was nice to be all together, but they feared when Jacen would bring Anakin out of the healing trance, and what his fate would be.

Jaina got home early from work early that day. Tahiri was huddled in a chair in the living room. Jaina knew that Jacen was waking Anakin up.

She hugged the younger woman. ?It?ll be okay, Tahiri,? she whispered.

Tahiri let the other woman hold her. ?I?m so scared, Jaina. What if the visions don?t stop??

Jaina bit her lip and rubbed Tahiri?s back. ?I don?t know, sweetie,? she whispered. ?I don?t know.?

Jacen sat on Anakin?s bed and looked at the still form of his little brother. He looked a lot better than he had when Jacen had put him in the healing trance a week previously, but he still looked troubled.

Jacen brushed Anakin?s bangs back from his face. ?Little brother,? he murmured. ?I love you so much. We all do. We need you, Anakin. Please, please be all right.?

Jacen opened himself to the Force and felt his connection to his little brother. He slowly pulled Anakin out of the healing trance.

Anakin?s eyes fluttered open. ?Jace??

Jacen smiled. ?I?m right here, Anakin.?

?Jace.? Anakin tried to sit up, but Jacen pushed him back down.

?Don?t even think about it. You?ve been in a healing trance for over a week, and you need to stay still for a while.?

Anakin bit his lip. ?Jacen, what?s wrong with me? Why did the Force choose me to have visions??

Jacen sighed. ?I don?t know. But maybe the trance got rid of them.?

Anakin shook his head slowly. ?It didn?t, Jacen. It just cured be temporarily.? He took Jac

4. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Great posts so far, NYC! The entire group is very happy and cute together.

Anakin's going to die [face_shocked] :_| Oh, I hope they figure out what's wrong with him and how to fix it.

Zekk and Tenel Ka are freaking me out just a bit :mad: Just let them go and be happy, you hear?! :mad:

~LtJS

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Great posts so far, NYC! The entire group is very happy and cute together.

Thanks!! :D

Anakin's going to die [face_shocked] Oh, I hope they figure out what's wrong with him and how to fix it.

Yes :( I can't tell you that . . .

Zekk and Tenel Ka are freaking me out just a bit Just let them go and be happy, you hear?!

They're crazy with lust, and more than a bit obsessive.

NYC

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I know I've been kinda slacking off, but I'll put a post up before Friday.

NYC

7. Nomad-2

Nomad-2 Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2004
    You'd better NYC. :)

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I am :)

~~~~~~

Wedge knew, when he got the message from the High Council, that they had found out about Thrawn. He didn?t know how, since only four people knew about him, but he knew that they had.

?We?re in trouble,? he muttered to himself.

?You don?t know that for sure,? Garm bel Ibes said.

?Yes I do,? Wedge said with a sigh. ?I don?t know how I do, but I do. Probably because the message says for the two of us, Jaina, and Jag to report to the Council. We?re the only people to know about him.?

Garm sighed. ?You?re probably right. You?d better call Jaina and Jag.?

Jag, Jaina, Anni, and Tahiri were all sitting anxiously around the kitchen table, not speaking. Jacen had gone to wake Anakin up, and they were waiting for the Solo brothers to come out.

Anakin led the way in a wheel chair. He looked better?his hair had been cut and his bread was shaved off. Tahiri ran over to him and carefully put her arms around him. He pulled her onto his lap and kissed her. ?I love you, Tahiri.?

?I love you, too,? she whispered.

Jaina cautiously walked over to her brother. ?Anakin??

He smiled at her. ?Jaina. Jaina, it?s good to see you.? He beckoned her closer and gave her a hug.

Jacen walked out behind Anakin. Jag saw the worried look on his face and went over. ?What?s wrong?? he asked quietly.

Jacen sighed. ?That healing trance did a lot for him, but not enough. He says that the visions are killing him.?

Jag frowned. ?Is there any way to stop them??

?Anakin says no.? Jacen looked close to tears. ?I?m not going to stop trying, but I don?t think there?s anything I can do.?

Anni, who had caught the last part of their quiet conversation, put her arms around Jacen. He leaned against her and let her sooth him. Anni and Jag exchanged a worried look.

Anakin looked over at the three of them and knew that Jacen had told them. He turned his attention back to Jaina and Tahiri. ?There?s something I have to tell you.?

Jag found her later, curled up on the bed in her old room. The lights were all off, but he could tell that her shoulders were shaking with sobs. He closed the door behind him and lay down next to Jaina.

?Please leave.?

?No. I?m not going to let you push me away.?

?Jag, my brother?s dying! I want to be left alone.?

?I know. I also know that it?s not healthy to be alone when something like this happens. I left you alone for an hour because I know that?s what you want, but I want to help you.?

?You can?t help,? she told him angrily. ?No one can help.?

?No one can help Anakin,? he corrected, ?but I can help you.?

?And how do you propose to do that??

?By holding you.? He slid his arms around her. ?Please let me hold you.?

As much as she wanted to hate Jag for not understanding, he was the one person she couldn?t shove away. In the past year, his arms had brought her more comfort than she could have ever imagined. She rolled over and buried her face in his chest, letting him hold her while she cried.

Jag checked his comlink for messages after Jaina cried herself to sleep. There was just one, from his uncle. He asked Jag to call him back soon.

Jag dialed his uncle?s number. ?Antilles here,? said a weary voice.

?Uncle Wedge, it?s Jag. You asked me to call you back.?

He heard Wedge sigh. ?Jag, I think the High Council knows about Thrawn?s clone.?

Jag?s heart beat wildly. ?Why do you think that?? he asked slowly.

?They called the two of us, Garm, and Jaina before them tomorrow. I can?t think of anything else that involves just the four of us.?

?But Thrawn?s been helping battle the Vong all year!? Jag protested.

?I know.? Wedge sounded weary. ?I just called to let you know.?

?Wedge, I?m not taking Jaina before them so they can drag a confession out of her!?

?Jag, I know you love her, but??

?Anakin?s dying.?

There as silence on the other end for a few minutes. ?What??

?Anakin?s dying. He?s having visions, and they?re slowly sapping his energy. They?re killing him.?

?Force, no.? Wedge?s voice broke.

9. Nomad-2

Nomad-2 Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2004
    Yay new postie.
    Great NYC poor anakin :_| he does get better though?

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!! :D You'll just have to wait and see [face_devil]

NYC

11. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wonderful postae! keep up the great work NYCG!

dying for more!! :D

~*JG15*~

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!! :D I'll put up a post as soon as I can.

NYC

13. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Thanks for the PM.

Ah, so Zekk and Tenel Ka told. Jerks!

Poor everyone. :( Why does Anakin have to die? :_|

And what does the Coucil want? I mean the guy's been helping them. Sheesh, can't the military have some edge?

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    You're welcome.

Poor everyone. Why does Anakin have to die?

Because it makes the story more dramatic ;) [face_devil]

And what does the Coucil want? I mean the guy's been helping them. Sheesh, can't the military have some edge?

The is during the time that old Borsky was the chief of state, and the council didn't want people taking action against the Vong.

NYC

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Anakin! :_| :_| *huggles Anakin*

Great post! Poor Jaina- you did a good job showing the pain that the Solo family and friends are going through with Anakin's sickness.

Thrawn's been found out? Not good... :eek: [face_plain]

More soon?

~LtJS @};-

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Great post! Poor Jaina- you did a good job showing the pain that the Solo family and friends are going through with Anakin's sickness.

Thanks!! :D

Thrawn's been found out? Not good...

That's an understatement.

More soon?

Hopefully in about a week.

NYC

17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's been over a week!!!! :mad:

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!!!!

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I know, I've been bad. I'll try to type up a post and get it up today or tomorrow, though.

NYC

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm sorry it's been so long since the last post. I've been concentrating on my other fics, and this kinda just fell by the wayside.

There's only three or four posts after this!

~~~~~~

Jacen looked up at the ceiling and tried to count the bumps. He?d do anything to keep his mind off of what Anakin had said.

I?m going to die.

Jacen felt tears come to his eyes. He and Anakin hadn?t always been close, but they were brothers, and Jacen loved him very much.

He knew before he said, ?Come in!? who was knocking on his door. Anni lay down next to him on the bed and wrapped her arms around him. He let her hold him for a few minutes.

?There?s nothing that can be done?? she asked softly after a while.

?Anakin said there isn?t, but I?m going to keep trying. I can?t give up.?

?Jacen, look at me.? He turned his head and looked into her eyes. ?Jacen, you can?t do that to him.?

?Why the hell not??

?Because it?s not fair. Not to him, or to Tahiri and your sister. Or to you. If Anakin says that there?s nothing anyone can do, then you?re not going to keep sending him to doctors and putting him through numerous tests. He can?t spend the rest of his life like that. If healing trances don?t work, then nothing will.?

?Am I just supposed to watch him die a horrible death?? Jacen asked angrily.

?Let him choose how he wants to die. But let him spend however long he has with his family. He deserves it, Jacen.?

Jacen sighed. ?I know. But the last thing I want is to lose him.?

?I know.? Anni kissed his forehead. ?I know.?

After a few minutes of silence, Jacen pulled Anni close and gave her a passionate kiss. ?Anni,? he whispered softly.

She returned the kiss, and didn?t object as Jacen gently turned her on her back. I love you, Jacen. I?ve spent the last year falling in love with you.

?Anni?? This time it was a question.

Anni wanted him so badly, but knew that he didn?t feel the same way she did. How could he? He belonged to a princess. She was just a pilot. But he was offering, asking, and she wouldn?t, couldn?t, say no.

?Yes,? she whispered, and let him love her.

Jaina shook her head. ?No, Jag. Let me go with you.

?Jaina, I?m not going to put you through this, not right now.?

?This is as much my fault as it is yours. I wanted Thrawn to help, too.?

?And he?s doing an amazing job. The war?s almost over. But I?m not going to let you take heat from the Council when you should be with your family, sweetie.?

Jaina wrapped her arms around him and he held her tightly. ?What happens if they punish you?? she whispered fearfully.

?They can?t; I?m not part of their government. The worst they can do is kick me out of New Republic space.?

?Jag, I can?t lose you, too. I love you.?

?And I love you, dearest. I won?t leave you.? Jag pulled back slightly. ?Go with your family to the Jedi meeting. You might find some peace, and you?ll get to see your old friends.?

?I guess.? Jaina pulled away after one last kiss. ?I?d better get going. Anakin, Jacen, and Tahiri have already left.?

?I?ll see you later, love.?

Jaina was surprised to see Zekk outside the building where the Jedi where having the meeting. ?Zekk??

?Hello, Jaina.?

She ran over to him and hugged him. ?I?ve missed you so much!?

?I?ve missed you too, Jaina. What have you been up to??

?Oh, the usual. Fighting the Vong, spending time with my boyfriend. You??

?Missing you.?

That was the last thing she heard before her world was enveloped in darkness.

Anni Capstan was sitting at Jaina?s, well, Gavin?s desk, trying to get a report done. She?d offered to do it for Jaina when Jacen mentioned the Jedi meeting. She?d been sitting at the desk for over and hour, but her mind kept drifting back to the previous night.

He hadn?t said that he loved her. She hadn?t told him that she did, because it would ruin the moment. It had certainly been enjoyable, but she wanted so much more than a night in his bed.

But I can?t have him. He?s not mine to love.

A

20. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Ruh oh, you are so evil, you know?

21. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Thanks for the PM.

Ooooh, [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] cliffie. Something tells me that Jacen and Jag are going to be the ones to go after Jaina and Anni.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    flowerbee: Oh, I know [face_devil]

J_M_Bulldog: How'd youy guess ;)

NYC

23. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Wonderful!

24. NYCitygurl