main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Secrets - Updated, after many months - Updated 29th March, 2007

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    This is a lead in to a bigger story. Enjoy.

Secrets.

Brielle Basova leaned forward slightly to look around the darkened corner. Her heart was racing and she was sure her pursuers could hear it beating. She needed to get back to her ship, she needed to get off this world and make the rendezvous with Gavin. The information she carried was vital to the peace in the galaxy, if her pursuers caught her and learned the secret, it would be war again. And she knew the galaxy couldn?t survive another war like the one waged against the Yuuzhan Vong. Pushing herself back up against the wall she felt its cold stone through her flight jacket. In the distance she could hear the footsteps, but she knew it wouldn?t be long before they came closer, she had to move.

Slipping out from her hiding spot, Brielle slunk across the narrow alleyway to slip into the shadows, running on her toes to keep her heels from connecting with the stone street pavers and attracting attention. Sliding along the wall she slipped around the corner and glanced across the street before her. Further down the road she could see the entrance to the spaceport. Drawing a deep breath she bolted across the darkened street and slunk her way along the wall until she reached the spaceport entrance. Looking around she saw the area to be totally void of movement, it was quiet. Straightening herself up she realised it was probably way too quiet, but she didn?t have time to figure out why, and if it was going to be detrimental to her own health.

Slipping through the open door, she found the corridors to the Docking bays to be empty, once again her stomach tightened, this wasn?t right. Placing her hand on her blaster she continued down the well lit hall, glancing each way as she went. Upon reaching the door to the bay where her X Wing fighter sat, she punched in the code and checked the corridor again as the door opened. Turning to go in she came nose to nose with a blaster.

?Welcome Commander Basova, we?ve been expecting you.? Brielle stared at the blaster for a moment before scanning the bay. There were six in all, two non human, the rest human, as far as she could tell. Their faces were covered with black balaclavas. She instantly wondered how they?d gotten into a secured hangar bay. The man in front of her flicked the blaster sideways, indicating her to move into the bay, the door closed behind her as she moved. ?Now, if you?d be so kind as to give me your blaster.? She hesitated a moment, only to have the weapon on her pushed against her forehead. ?Don?t do it Commander.? He said evenly. Slowly she pulled her own weapon from its holster and passed it over. The man then waved his free hand as two of his counterparts moved forward and in a none to gentle manner bound her arms behind her back. She glared at her captor as he lowered his blaster. ?Now, let?s discuss the information you are carrying Commander.? Brielle lifted her chin slightly, her amber eyes flashing.

?I don?t think so.? She responded calmly, ?You see, it?s not meant for you.? The mans? eyes flashed for an instant before he rose his arm and back handed her across the right cheek. Stumbling she tasted in her mouth, but it was minor and she lifted her eyes to face him again. He was now glaring at her.

?That is just about enough Commander. You either co-operate or I will be making your stay with us very unpleasant.? He growled. Brielle gave him a sickly sweet smile.

?Seems my stay is already unpleasant, as I am forced to look at you.? He growled in his throat before glancing at one of his henchmen behind her.

?Fine. We play it your way.? He reached out a hand and ran a rough finger down her cheek before hooking it under the chin and jerking her face up to within a centimetre of his. ?And when I have the information I need,..? he glanced down at her body. ?I will take other things I want.? Before she could respond, he violently shoved her away. ?Goodnight Commander.? With that he gave a nod. Brielle was about to turn around but w

2. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    very good a-d! =D= =D=
    i look forward to reading more, i wish i could write properly.

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great start! Will be watching this. If you have a PM list may I be put on it pleaseeee. :)

FL @};-

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    PM list! :eek: Never had one of them! Thank you [face_love] I have lots more, and it will be going up soon.

Thanks guys [face_blush]

5. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    You can put me on the PM list too... I'm interested to read what happens next! :D I'm impressed, again. =D=

One thing I'll comment on is the second and third paragraphs... both start with "slipping". Maybe you could use a different word? *shrugs* :p Lots of 'sss's in the second one... "slipping", "slunk", "slip", "sliding", "slipped", "slunk"... *tongue ties* :p Dunno if it's a good or a bad thing... just felt like commenting on it.

You always have interesting story lines. Keep up the good work ... ;)

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! True enough! What can I say, she's a 'slippery' character! :p

7. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    [face_laugh] Good one... :p

Edit: Here's how I felt while reading it:

Fear ... someone could be lurking around in the darkness.... around the next corner.... then anticipation!! what's gonna happen next??! [face_worried] My heart's racing... she's on the run, I hope no one sees her. Then I'm feelin' a bit suss.... where are these guys? That quietness.... uh oh! Then she's inside the Docking Bays.... anxious!! ... ... ... GAH!!! She's been spotted!!! :eek: Oh great.... I hope they don't hurt her! She's so calm.... not gonna give in so easily... NOOO!!! She's on the ground... out... now they're taking her away!!! Ohh it's not the end yet!!! She'll think of something... an escape.... she'll trick those men!!! Somehow! :eek:

Those nasty men... if I could get my hands on them.... [face_devil] They'll be the ones begging for mercy!!!

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_blush] Then I got my messages across! Thank you dashy [face_love]

9. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    Hey Addie...or should I call you 'Commander'? :p Anyway, nice job! =D= I saw this had in it Kyp and was written by you, so I just had to drop in...can't wait for more!

~Rebel

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great start!

?I know, but once I have finished with her, she will beg for the release of de*th.
    ?
    Uh,oh....that makes me nervous![face_worried]

I'm looking forward to more!
    If you're doing a PM list I would love to be on it!

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you RebelGirl, and Addie is fine here, not the EU ;)

You're the second person to ask that mavjade, I've never had a PM list before....[face_blush] Thank you.

The first part was for a short fiction competition through my fan force, but as usual, I cant stop there....

Brielle attempted to lift her head, it hurt. In fact everything hurt; there wasn?t a part of her body that didn?t feel some level of pain. Slowly she opened her golden amber eyes and without moving her head, she gazed around the dimly lit room. It was empty as she expected it would be. Lowering her head again she closed her eyes and turned her mind inward, away from the pain in her arms, her legs and anywhere else she cared to name. Time had no meaning to her any longer; days and nights had blurred a long time ago and had blended into weeks, possibly months. She didn?t know, and she was very close to not caring anymore. The dizziness in her head was getting worse again and she was about to release herself to unconsciousness, when the sound of blaster fire echoed in the distance. With difficulty she lifted her head again and only opened her eyes to a slit, just in case. She?d found in the past it was better to not be conscious, so being ready to fake it was always an option. At that moment the door handle began to glow a brilliant red colour and Brielle couldn?t help her own curiosity. She attempted to stand but her weakened legs would not support her any longer, and she slumped back against the cold wall that had been her home for so long. Beyond the door there was more blaster fire before with a sudden crash and whoosh of air, the door exploded open, banging against the wall behind it. In the door way stood a man, in his hand Brielle recognised a lightsaber. She stared at him in disbelief.

?Commander Basova?? he asked as he glanced over his shoulder down the darkened corridor. Opening her mouth she attempted to answer but nothing came out. He was looking at her again, so she nodded slowly, cautious as to why he wanted to know. ?Good.? Closing down his weapon he stepped forward and reached one hand up over her head, without warning the binders that had been holding her for so long were released. Unfortunately her legs still could not hold her and she slumped to the floor, her arms experiencing a new level of pain and she duly winced. ?Can you walk?? The man, who she guessed was a Jedi Knight, asked. Pushing herself up with her arms she shook her head, not trusting her voice. The Jedi pulled a comlink out of his belt and spoke into it. ?Goddess, need back up here.? That was followed by what sounded like two clicks. Once he?d replaced the comlink he bent down to face Brielle. ?Come on. Time to go, I?m sure you?ve got friends who will be pleased to see you!? With that he easily scooped the young woman up in his arms, nestling her against his chest. Brielle?s body was bruised and battered and the pain caused by this simple move was over whelming, she attempted to fight it, but failed. The last thing she saw was a woman appearing in the doorway with a saber of her own, before she lapsed into welcome unconsciousness.

12. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    Great update!!! :D

I like the introduction to Kyp... :)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You're so sure its Kyp? [face_mischief]

14. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
  15. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I must admit, the title where it mentioned suffering, but the story has kept. Wonderful job.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you Zara, I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

LOL!!! Sure you are Dashy

17. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, Addie! This is awsome!

The man, who she guessed was a Jedi Knight...
    :confused: Kyp?

?Goddess, need back up here.?
    [face_mischief] Yep, That's Kyp

Really looking foward to more Addie. Please add me to your PM list.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you Melissa I know I asked you to read this, but I do appreciate the fact you did. It means alot to me. [face_love]

19. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update.=D= Glad someone came to rescue Brielle...And who better than Kyp![face_love]

And like Princess_Melissa I know it's Kyp. The Goddess line gave it away. No one calls Jaina that but Kyp.
    :D

More Soon....

And thanks for the PM.

FL @};-

20. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    It's Kyp. I know you, Addie. You can't keep your Kyp out of it for very long. [face_love] :p ;)

Good job! And if you're going to have a PM list, I want to be on it...[face_batting] [face_praying]

~Rebel

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great post!

I agree with everyone else...I think it's Kyp...what other Jedi would still call her goddess!

I'm glad Brielle and what ever she was carrying was rescued...I was worried about her!

I can't wait for more!

Thank you for the PM[:D]

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OK, you got me, it's Kyp :p And you are correct RebelGirl, couldnt keep him out of it for long. ;)

Thankyou all of you for reading this.

23. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Very exciting start! Loved the mirror images to ANH, molded to be different, but still a great nod. But instead of Skywalker coming to the rescue, it's Kyp. Please sign me up for the PMs, as well. [face_batting]

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_blush] Thank you ...

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Seeing as I have Written 20 pages, I do have a bit to put up,...so here you go.

Jedi Master Kyp Durron shifted his weight as he studied the still form in the room before him. She'd not woken in three days now. The med techs said her wounds would heal, the bacta tank visit had taken care of that one, but her mental health was at risk now. Behind him he sensed her approach.

"Any change?" Jedi Jaina Solo asked as she appeared beside him. He gave his head a brief shake.

"None. She's lost in there, somewhere" He muttered tapping his temple with his forefinger. Jaina sighed.

"Is it worth one of us trying to find her?" she'd been thinking on this for a day or so now. Kyp turned to her.

"You offering?" Jaina frowned.

"You're the Master, not me." Kyp snorted.

"Yeah, but I find the female mind complicated on the outside, dread to think what its like on the inside." Jaina smirked before turning back to the young woman laying still in the medlab.

"Maybe tomorrow? I need to think about this a bit. Thing is, she has vital information the GFFA needs. I'm worried that if one of us starts poking around in there."

"We'll destroy the information and her mind. I know." Kyp finished her thought. "But unless she wakes up soon, we may have to take that chance." Jaina nodded.

"Anyway, Uncle Luke wants to see you, when you get the time. I'm going to get something to eat, I'll catch you later." He turned to look at her.

"Did he say what about?" Jaina gave her brown hair a flick as she shook her head.

"No, but he didn't seem upset about anything..for a change." Kyp chuckled.

"That does make a nice change. I'll head up in a bit." Jaina smiled before turning and leaving the observation area where they'd been standing, whilst Kyp returned his attention to the patient. "What did they do to you Brielle?" he muttered to himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.