main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

See what you think of this...;Terra Incognito: people from another universe tumble into

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by illuminatrix, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I found it! Seriously - in order to locate this post (although I knew it was up) I finally had to hit the "reload" button. Very strange. Maybe some kind of Sith plot....

This post has a very different feel from the others. It really made me think.

I loved seeing Palpatine being -if not outmaneuvered, exactly, then matched - by someone just as sly and cunning as he is! Better than a lightsaber battle, that was! And for him to use the "I shall watch her career with great interest..." line on my beloved Tiahn was just too much to bear. Those Voistoki had better be as clever as they claim, or I shall have to deal with them myself.

And Anakin - that WAS Anakin, right? The one sitting on the floor fixing things? the one being all reasonable and giving sound advice? Wow.

But the last part of this chapter was different and, I think, exceptional. Somehow you have outlined an extraordinarily sophisticated balance in this commplex character of Dooku between his humanity, as evidenced by his feelings for his daughter, and his undeniable - for lack of a better word - Sithness. He is a Sith lord and not to be taken lightly. The scene where he demonstrates his power on the door while keeping one arm around his daughter was simply chilling. And I don't care what kind of support Qui-Gon thinks he is going to provide her, Dooku is right - she is messing withthings that are WAY beyond her. And she had better be careful.

Brilliant, as always. I will be VERY interested in seeing where you go with this.

2. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Blasted double post!

3. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Yep, I know what you mean - when I posted chapter 13, it didn't appear at first... Spooky. [face_shocked] Don't worry about the double post thingy.

Glad you liked the little confrontation between Palpy and Konni's Dad - I wrote about seven versions of it before I felt it was right. Don't worry - ol' Baron Raskovik is a conniving sneaky git, but he cares about people. He'll make sure Tiahn's OK. In the next chappy, he'll also send Glidath and Elori to keep an eye on Padme - Girls Night Out ahoy! And he discovers the joys of Dex's Diner!

I was worried that Dooku might be coming over as a bit - cuddly. He ain't. He's kind, has a strong sense of honour and loves Tiahn and Jadrith, but he's still Sith. He wanted to drive the point home to Tiahn that messing with the Dark Side is extremely dangerous. Better that she has the crap scared out of her by him, than having the crap BEATEN out of her by someone like Palpy.

And as for our Anakin - well, he's on a bit of a guilt trip at the moment. He knows how close he came to screwing up, and now he's trying to take a step back and consider things before he acts. He's trying to get a sense of responsiblity, since he's about to become a daddy. But he's still got a ways to go; here's a bit of dialogue from chappy 14, just after he hears what Dooku did:

"Right! Where is he?" Anakin shot up from his seat and made to stride out of the room, only to be grabbed by both Tiahn and Obi.

"Anakin! Calm down!"

"What was that you were saying earlier about not getting angry with him and staring a fight?" asked Tiahn.

"I'm not going to fight him. I'm going to SHOUT at him. Completely different. He had no right to do that to you!"

Tiahn took a deep breath, "Anakin, I think he was right."

Anakin stared at her, not understanding; but Obi nodded slowly.

"Dooku doesn't want Tiahn to get hurt. He was showing her what she could face if she gets involved against the Dark Side."

"By scaring the poodoo out of her?"

"Best lesson there is," Tiahn gave her friend a weak smile, "Sunk in better than a lecture, that did. Dunno about you two, but I tend to kind of zone out about half way through..."

"It's about a quarter with me," Anakin sighed, then shot Kenobi a guilty glance, "Sorry, Master."

Kenobi's eyebrows shot up, "As MUCH as a quarter? I thought it was about a sixth!"

Anyroad, that's enough rambling from me. Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I thought I'd replied, but apparently not! :p Sorry! :D

Well, perhaps Dooku has not yet become quite the good guy I expected... Oh dear. But just because he's still a bit evil doesn't mean he'll side with Palpy.

As always, loved the humor! :D :D

Hmm. So many questions now... Where can we go from here...

Great post! Looking forward to the next! :D

5. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    Here y'go. Enjoy!

Fourteen

The surge in the Dark Side tore through all three Jedi like fingernails down a blackboard. It set their teeth on edge and put the wind right up them. And Tiahn?s fear crying through to them did not help much, either. Kenobi and Skywalker, who?d been meditating together in Kenobi?s quarters, erupted from their contemplation and charged out of the room, sabres at the ready. Master Yoda materialised in the doorway to his own chamber.

?Danger there is not,? he assured the two men, ?Unharmed Tiahn is. Outside, she is, by the main entrance. Go to her.?

?And Dooku?? Obi asked pointedly. Yoda craned his neck to look up at him.

?Speak with him I will. Worry not. Harm to his daughter, Dooku would never allow.?

Kenobi gazed back at his Master for a few seconds; then sighed and took Anakin?s arm.

?Alright. Let?s go find Tiahn.?

It took time for Yoda to hobble his way down to the practice room. When eight hundred and eighty years old you reach, work as well, your joints will not. Arthritis had gripped his legs some two hundred years ago. But there was no hurry. He sensed Dooku was still in the practice room, brooding.

He sighed to himself. Always broody, his brilliant padawan had been. Always chewing over something. Yoda finally reached the room, and stared wearily at the wrecked door. And messy he was, too...

He knocked upon the remains. A substantial chunk fell off and nearly hit him.

?Dooku? Come in, may I??

Silence rolled from the darkness within. Then a sigh filtered out.

?If you must. I warn you, though; I am in no mood for lectures, my old master.?

Yoda shuffled in, ?To lecture you, I have not come here. Agree with you I do.?

Yoda?s eyes quickly got used to the lack of light, and saw the Count of Serenno perched upon his workbench seat once more. Shoulders hunched, eyes glittering, Darkness billowing around him like a cloak in a gale. Dooku turned his head suddenly, like a hawk, to stare at him.

?She MUST understand,? the tall man stated, his deep voice rumbling, ?She has encountered NOTHING like this before. It is far too dangerous.?

Yoda nodded slowly, ?Understand her powers as yet she does not. And more fragile than she appears, is she.?

?I do not wish to see her hurt, and she would be, if she tried to confront the Dark Side. Sidious would chew her up and spit her out,? the Count?s long hand waved, and the lights came on again. Yoda looked at his former pupil in the electric glare, and was shocked. Dooku looked haggard; dark half circles were under his eyes and his long face looked even more gaunt than usual.

?He?s been searching for her, you know. I was aware of his... interest in young Skywalker,? Dooku smiled thinly, ?I am not naive. Lord Sidious requires a younger apprentice, whom he can manipulate more easily. He does so like being in control.?

He swiveled in the hard wooden chair to face Yoda; ?I have sensed the change in Anakin Skywalker. He is calmer, not so tense. He spoke with me last night.?

Yoda made his way over to the bench. Reaching a chair next to the Count?s, he reached into the Force and propelled himself up to settle on the human sized seat. He made himself comfortable, and then looked up.

?Made peace with you, did he? Thought he might. Meditated much has he, upon his duel with you on Geonosis. Realised he has that injure him deliberately you did not.?

?I am... pleased he has turned away from the Dark path,? Dooku gave Yoda a wry glance from the corner of his eye, ?Enlightened self interest, if I?m honest. If he had turned, my services would no longer be required. And I hardly think I?d be given a gold watch and sent off to a retirement home. But really, the boy belongs in the Light. It?s a feeling I have. He would lose far too much if he entered the Dark.?

The Count stared into space for a while. Yoda waited patiently.

?I fear that Sidious wants my daughter. I?ve sensed his attention diverting from Skywalker to her. If anyone had discovere

6. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    It took time for Yoda to hobble his way down to the practice room. When eight hundred and eighty years old you reach, work as well, your joints will not.

LOLOLOL! This is wonderful! And what a great conversation between Yoda and hi erswhile Padawan. The Ancient One understands a thing or two, he does.

And don't worry. Dooku is NOT too cuddly!

?Here,? Kenobi crouched and offered her the glass, ?Try some of this.? She looked at it, then her hand shot out and grasped the bottle from the astounded Jedi. She up ended it and took a few deep gulps. Obi looked helplessly at the glass in his hand, then drained it himself.

See... this is the kind of little interaction I live for in this story. Priceless.

"I'm not going to fight him. I'm going to SHOUT at him.

And this one! I howled when I read this.

?Very well,? he muttered, glaring at the sniggering Yoda. Jadrith turned to the little Jedi master, her eyes narrowed.

?Do you find something funny, Mr Yoda?? she asked, pointedly. Yoda wiped the smirk off his wizened face with commendable speed.
    ?No, Ma?am.?
    ?Good. Let?s go, you two.?
    Dooku and Yoda exchanged a glance that was a mixture of embarrasment and amusement.
    ?Yes, Ma?am,? they chorused.

I don't know how you do it, but you have managed to give Yoda and Dooku all the charm of naughty schoolboys without lettig them lose their dignity.

Masterful. Just masterful.

I look forward to seeing how they all keep Tiahn out of the Evil One's clutches.

And I REALLY want Anakin to SHOUT at someone!!!!!! (Is that called aggressive verbalization?)

7. darth_jurious

darth_jurious Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    Ahh!!! No - it's ended! I need MORE!!!

Hi Merrymoll - I've finally got this far, and I want more already! This story is just so deligthful - the humour's wonderful, being not too silly or crude - it's just right! And the characters are adorable - I think I've fell in love with Dooku several times over, but that's nothing new for yours truly... [face_blush]

I can't recall every bit of the tale that I loved, because there were too many class moments, but the taxi scene on Coruscant comes to mind, where Obi is vainly calling for one to pull over! LOL. And all about Yoda's arthiritis! Too good!

I think Geo3 mentioned problems with her drinking coffee - well, you ought to have seen me and my cup of tea! I think I choked several times with laughter! (Note to self: do not drink whilst reading said fic...)

Please continue soon! It's just so good, and I need a break from the Dark side, and the 'conniving git' that is my Count ;)

See you around!

8. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    As always, a wonderful post!! :D :D

The Yoda-Dooku chat was very interesting -- especially Dooku's vulnerability and Yoda's compassion. They're still quite the combo, those too. (Except when it comes to Jadrith, of course. :p)

Poor Anakin -- he still needs to grow some in the wisdom department, doesn't he? ;)

Oh dear. I wonder if Padme has any idea what she's fallen into here.... [face_laugh]

So when do we learn our answer -- can Tiahn out-drink Obi or not? :p :cool:

Looking forward to more. :D

9. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    I'm gonna have to break out my website's frames to link straight to this, but that's no matter; here you go - look what Jurious spent two hours trying to draw last night (and consequently stayed up way past her bed time! :p):

Terra Incognito picture

:D For you, Merrymoll.

10. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    I've been bad about posting here. So, let me just say that this is just a rip-roaring good time. I'm reading it, and I plan to continue.

11. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    *SPEECHLESS!!!*

I was feeling a bit down this mornin'. Then I decided to come here and see how things were...

[face_shocked] [face_love] [face_shocked]

Thank you all so much! "Promise myself, cry I would not!" *Blub!* :D

Geo3: I understand how hellish arthritis is, my Grannie Lizzie had a terrible time with it. Glad you liked the conversation between Dooku and Yoda. Well, they've known each other for seventy odd years or so... lot of history there.

Never, EVER, offer Tiahn Magog a drink in a piddling wee glass whilst hold ing the bottle within grabbing distance... [face_devil]

As has been said before, Jadrith takes crap off NO ONE!

"Aggressive verbalisation". Nice one! Can I use that one?

Jurious: Gobsmacked! I am absolutely Gobsmacked! That fact that you took time out from your busy schedule to draw a piccie for my humble story is honour indeed! And it was SPOT ON!!! Especially Tiahn, and the Jadrith/Dooku clinch! I'm still clicking between this page and the link you gave me, staring in amazement. I'm going to have to get my bum in gear and start scribblin' a few piccies of me own! Wow! EVERYONE ELSE: go and look at this great picture! :cool:

Darth_Lex: Well, you can't expect Obi's permanently P.O'd padawan to change overnight! But at least he listened to Obi and Tiahn, and didn't just charge off...

As for Padme - the girl needs a night out. Clone wars, assasination attempts - she needs a drink. So does Glidath and Elori, since I seem to have abandoned the rest of the Gatehouse mob. Only fair they should crash back into the story.

"Can Tiahn out-drink Obi or not?" You'll find out next chappy - it's gonna be a long one, with lots of alchohol abuse. (Illuminatrix would like to point out that she can't drink more than one watermelon Bacardi Breezer in one sitting, and more often than not is under the table before everyone else has sat down at it! Will put "do not try this at home" disclaimer on next chappy...!)

GunraysLawyer: Welcome! Don't worry about posting; I know how Darth Reality can get in the way. I've just realised that I've been spelling your client's name wrong since the get go. Sorry! [face_blush]

I'd also like to apologise in advance for your client's sticky demise in an upcoming chapter. Sorry, but he's going to biff it. No other Neimoidians will be hurt, though.

Thank you all very much for all your kindness. I'm off to blow my nose and pull myself together...

Lotsa love,

Gill XXX

12. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    *still touched*

Thanks to you all. Here's Chapter 15. Enjoy!

Fifteen

?A night out??

?You?ve had a lot on your plate recently, Senator. Assassination attempts war, finding out about that git Palpy. Lassie, you need a drink!?

Padme Amidala sat down heavily on the couch in her Coruscant apartment, and stared at the grinning Glidath and Elori, lounging across from her. She shook her head.

?I can?t drink, I?m pregnant. And the security would be a nightmare,? she looked up at the hovering Captain Typho, who nodded firmly.

?Who?s gonna notice three girls quietly enjoying themselves, eh? And we can take care of any trouble; we?ve been trained for that sort of thing. Although I personally wouldn?t mind this strapping lad coming along,? Glidath grinned up at Typho, who swallowed. ?Shy? or ?retiring? were not words you could use in relation to Voistoki women, except in the sentence ?They are NOT...?.

Dorme moved forward, ?Actually, I think it?s a good idea, M?lady. We could ALL go out. We need a break. And you need to relax...?

Padme rolled her eyes, ?Dorme, you sound like my mother. You?ll be force feeding all our visitors next...?

?But it?s true. You?ve haven?t stopped once since Geonosis,? Dorme sat down next to the Senator. ?Look, there?s a few good places nearby, so we can get back here fast should anything happen. I?ll come too; I AM your decoy, as well as your bodygaurd. Typho and some of the guards can come too, I?m sure they would enjoy a night out. But we?ll all carry weapons, just in case. Besides, you take your life in your hands on a night out on Coruscant WHOEVER you are.?

Padme pursed her lips; ?You?ve got a point there."

And it WAS true. She had not stopped since Geonosis, where she'd witnessed her worst nightmare, the event she'd worked so hard in her career as a Senator to avoid. War. Ever since, Padme had worked tirelessly to find some way of preventing the conflict spiralling out of control, only to be frustrated at every turn. It seemed that the fighting would not stop until it had run it's terrible course. Discovering that Palpatine had engineered it all was like being kicked in the stomach. She had trusted him completely. He'd betrayed both herself and their people; not to mention attempting to corrupt her husband. Anakin. She wondered what he was up to right now, as she put her hand on her stomach. A spike of loneliness shot through her.

A night out with the ferociously cheerful Voistoki women suddenly seemed like a great idea. It was thanks to these people that Palpatine was finally being thwarted.

Padme turned to Captain Typho, "What do you think, Captain??

Typho looked at all four ladies, who gazed back expectantly. He sighed and gave them a tired, friendly smile.

?I get the impression it doesn?t matter WHAT I think, you lot are going out and that?s final!? he chuckled and bowed, ?I?ll put it to the rest of the men. Then we?ll make our plans.?

Padme smiled. Dorme shared a grin with Glidath and Elori, giving each other the thumbs up. The Captain gave them all an appraising look.

?Coruscant isn?t going to know what hit it!? he said, smirking and shaking his head.

?Do you really think I?ll be able to find the answer on Dagobah, Master??

Obi conscientiously wiped the neck of the brandy bottle before passing it to Anakin.

?From what Master Yoda has told me, there?s a cave there that's strong with the Dark Side. I remember him telling me about it when I was a youngling. I asked him what was really in the cave, you know, a monster or anything like that, but he only said; ?Only what you take with you.??

Anakin looked out over the Serenno landscape, puzzling over this. He, Kenobi and Tiahn had climbed up to the tower upon which Anakin had made his personal peace with Dooku, and were sitting against the sloping roof next to the stairwell. It wasn?t so cold today. Perhaps the thaw was coming.

Skywalker took a mouthful from the bottle, wiped it and handed it to Tiahn. She was getting the colour ba

13. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Yes! After two thousand years of waiting, it is finally here! (Yes, I'm being a silly, melodramatic... :D)

Oh, the brandy-loving Yoda is hilarious! LOL, LOL, LOL, etc...!! I'm glad I finished eating my pizza before I read that!

Tension sang in the air between the two men, like the atmosphere in a bar just before someone said; ?Did you spill my pint??

I loved that line! There was such a tense, serious build-up, and then it was 'complimented' wonderfully by that understated lil line! LOL - pure wit! I adore it!

And I don't like the sound of this Durge and his nasty lil games...I don't like the sound of that at all. I hope Tiahn's extraordinary 'sabre skills stay just as sharp, because she may need them!

Great stuff! I want MORE!...ahem...Please... ;)

14. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Before I forget...everyone go and check out Gill's Terra Incognito Artwork on my site (I've broken out my frames again, by the way, if you wonder where the navigation is!):

Gill's Artwork

15. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Yet another wonderful, satisfying and thoroughly entertaining post!

?Shy? or ?retiring? were not words you could use in relation to Voistoki women, except in the sentence ?They are NOT...?.

I love Voistoki women! And I sincerely hope that you will give us a glimpse of Padmé?s night out with them and the stalwart Captain Typho. You can?t leave us with a line like: ?Coruscant isn?t going to know what hit it?? and then not follow through!

I?m amazed by Anakin?s transformation. It really seems to be holding. I loved your description of what it feels like to constantly be aware of things through the Force:

The Force allowed him to be aware of the life everywhere, but it had been almost like background noise. Like the traffic outside a Coruscant window; after a while you got so used to it that it seemed to melt away. The fact that THESE lives were in existence partly because of him had brought the noise to the fore, bellowing down his eardrums, so to speak.

Chrrk is back! I missed her!

The killing light came toward her. She stopped thinking.

Now if that isn?t an elegant description, I?d like to know what is.

The lightsabre Asajj Ventress had given Tiahn back on Coruscant became a singing corona about her, blocking every shot the assassin took. Raskovik didn?t even look at him, so caught by the sight of her. Her face ? it didn?t even seem like she was paying attention. Her eyes were almost vacant, as if her mind were elsewhere, her hair and skirts billowing with her movement. She was doing what he?d seen the Jedi younglings being trained to do, but faster, effortlessly, as if she?d been doing this sort of thing for years.

Oh, dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It seems that with the instinctive skills of a Jedi and the constant proximity of the Dark Side, Tiahn is walking a VERY fine line. I blame her father. He needs to take some steps toward safeguarding her now. Perhaps by doing that he can redeem himself? (Not a very original concept, but this IS Star Wars?)

Do you still have that brandy, Master Kenobi?"

"I hope we do. We left it with Master Yoda."

"Oh, dear."

You make me laugh. Thank you for a wonderful post.

16. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Oh dear. I fear for Padme's sanity.... ;)

The action sequence was outstanding! I loved how everyone came together to protect Boba and fend off Durge. This is quite a team they've put together now! :D

?Thirsty I was.? ... "I hope we do. We left it with Master Yoda." "Oh, dear."
    Funniest. Yoda. Ever.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Brilliant as always! Can't wait to read more! :D :D

17. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    Cheers! [face_love]

Jurious: Yes, you are being melodramatic. But that's what I like about you! 8-}

Durge turns up in the Republic comics that are out at the moment, he's also (I hear) gonna be in the "Clone Wars" cartoons. He really is not a nice man...

More shall be written, time and Darth Inland Revenue allowing. I'll also be doing more piccies. :D

Geo3: Don't worry, the Big Night Out shall be revealed. Outlander Club + Glidath + Lori + unwinding Senator and her Handmaiden and Guard + alcohol = you'll find out... [face_devil]

Padme will be perfectly safe. Our two gals know how to take care of people.

Dooku redeeming himself? He might...
    But not in the way you might think.

Can you really blame ol' Yoda for hitting the bottle? ;)

Darth_Lex: Padme's sanity will be fine. It's Typho you have to worry about...

More team ups to come, but not for another chapter or so.

"Funniest. Yoda. Ever." ? Really? This is an honour! Well, I did want the big man to have some fun. I think he deserves it.

Thanks to you all! [face_love]

18. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    Yes!!! I finally figured out the mark up code thingy! WWHHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I get so excited at the most piddling stupid things... :D

19. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    Here y' are! Enjoy!

Chapter 16

?Lori??

?Yeah??

?Did you remember to lock the front door??

?Yep.?

?You sure??

?Yes, Glidath, for the fifteenth and final bloody time; I locked the front door, the back door and turned the gas off. Whatever that stuff is you?re drinking, stop it. It?s really aggravating your obsession with locking doors. Not to mention me.?

?I just can?t relax unless I?m sure...?

?Well, BE sure. The door is locked. The portal is barred. No bugger is going to get in. Though why anyone?d bother to break into our digs is beyond me. Unless they want a ton worth of unironed clothes and a nude calendar of the Struan kickball team.?

They were rowdy, uncouth and had no sense of decorum at all. And Padme Amidala was having more fun than she?d had in ages. She, Dorme, Glidath and Elori were sitting around a hastily comandeered table in the Outlander Club, getting glancing looks from curious passersby. The news about the Voistoki had got about, and many wanted to get a look at these strange new people. Oddly enough, it took the attention away from her.

It wasn?t too obstrusive, however. Most of those who frequented the club didn?t like drawing attention to themselves, given the shady activities they indulged in. Con artists, thieves, gamblers, they simply watched from a distance and didn?t get too close, perversly giving them the privacy they might not have got anywhere else. Padme sipped at her fruit juice and blandly looked back at the exotic women and sharp eyed men drifting about, human and otherwise, and caught sight of Typho over at a Sabaac table. He glanced up from his cards and smiled at her.

?Yer lad there seems to be doing all right,? Glidath said to her. Padme grinned and nodded.

?Hmm. He?s got it just right. He?s not winning too often so the others won?t get annoyed, but he?s not losing too much either. I haven?t seen him look so happy for ages.?

?Well, our plan is working then,? Dorme grinned, ?I take it this is the first time you two have been out since you got here??

Lori sighed, ?Yeah. Grabbed a few lunches with Rulk, which is more than poor Glidath here?s had.?

?You really like him, don?t you??

An uncharacteristically bashful expression appeared on Lori?s face, she looked down and fiddled with her beer mat, ?Yeah. He?s a nice fella. Poor sod, he?s had a lot on his plate.?

?Us,? Glidath nodded.

?I think you?re all wonderful,? Padme told them, ?This place needed a shake up, and if it hadn?t been for you, well...?

All four women nodded. Palpatine.

?I think he needs to get laid,? Glidath suddenly said, timing it perfectly to coincide with the others taking a sip of their drinks. Coughing and spluttering sounded around the table.

?You WHAT?? Lori finally managed. Padme and Dorme stared at Glidath in stark horror.

?I think he?s a bit uptight. A night with a nice lassie might do him good.?

?Are you suggesting sexual frustration leads to the Dark Side?? asked Dorme, incredulously.

?Are you volunteering?? asked Lori, with an evil smile. Glidath scowled and made the Voistoki two fingered salute.

?Up yours, Ritonko! No, really, I mean, maybe this desire to dominate the galaxy is misplaced libido. He?s channelling his energy into something else.?

?I?ve never heard him being linked to anyone romantically,? Padme said, thoughtfully. Lori turned to her, mouth agape.

?You?re taking this seriously. I can?t believe you?re taking this seriously!?

?He might be lonely,? Glidath continued, ?He?s got ne real life of his own, so he meddles in other peoples. I mean, he got you and Skywalker together...?

Padme smiled, ?We might not have given in to our feelings, though.?

?And then he tells Dooku that Jad?s back. And see what happened there. This is the closest to sorting out this war that you?ve got.?

?Alright, you might have a point with Dooku,? Lori said, ?But we are not going to continue discussing He-Who-Can?t-Be-Mentioned-Here?s sex life, or lack therof. So shut up. I haven?t had an

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    I don't know how you do it, but this keeps getting better and better every chapter! :D

Remarkable.

?I?ve never heard him being linked to anyone romantically,? Padme said, thoughtfully.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

all that twirly leapy stuff
    Poor Tiahn. Lightsaber fighting is not ballet, dear. ;)

I?m better of bored than dead
    Have I mentioned that I love the way you write young Boba? :D

Despite sudden and drastic depletion of my brandy
    ROTFLMAO!!! :p

Typho winced despite himself, in that fraternal sympathy males have for those they?ve just seen being kneed in the groin.
    *shakes head* So true. So true.

Can't wait for more! :D

21. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Yeah, I sneaked back online for a lil bit... :p I'm a naughty ickle sithling!

LOL - I love how this story just makes me smile (and chuckle) every few lines! It's so great! Gee, I wish I could have been at the night out - sounds like too much fun! :p Or maybe I'd be better of as a silent bystander...? Great stuff!

And I'll add to what Darth Lex said - Boba is awesome! I think you write him fantastically! :D

More soon, right...? (Right?) ;)

~Jurious

22. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention this yesterday, but I couldn't sleep last night and kept giggling about it...

?Are you suggesting sexual frustration leads to the Dark Side?? asked Dorme, incredulously

LOL - that bit was so funny!! [face_laugh]

Okay, that's all! Again, more soon pwlease!

~Jurious

23. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hooray! I?m back from my trip and now I can finally sit down and comment on your wonderful story again!

I?ve said it before, and I will continue to say it ? I love Voistoki women! I would LOVE to have a night out with a bunch of them! The conversation about He-Who-Can?t-Be-Mentioned?s (Nice Harry Potter reference!) sex life was roll-on-the floor-hold-your-stomach-laughing funny.

?I think he needs to get laid,? Glidath suddenly said, timing it perfectly to coincide with the others taking a sip of their drinks. Coughing and spluttering sounded around the table.

?You WHAT?? Lori finally managed. Padme and Dorme stared at Glidath in stark horror.

?I think he?s a bit uptight. A night with a nice lassie might do him good.?

And then dear serious Padmé?s comment : ?I?ve never heard him being linked to anyone romantically,? It?s just too much. Honestly. And the bar fight was one of the most satisfying things I have read in a long time! Go, Elori!

Love the way you are mixing up gangsters (?Black Sun? ? am I right?) and Galactic politics.

Dooku?s description of Palpatine is spot on: ?This man has powers I, or even Master Yoda, do not understand. He?s most adept at discovering weaknesses in people that even they themselves are not aware of. You could be manipulated, and would not realise it until it is too late, if at all.?

I am also intrigued by the way that Qui-Gon seems to be getting closer and closer to Tiahn.

There is going to be another battle in space, eh? More interstellar road rage?

I. Simply. Can?t. Wait. For. More.

24. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    *Wanders onto thread, looking around hopefully for more...

Peeks into corners and under the rug...

Shrugs sadly, then holds up arms so sleeves of cloak meander down the the elbows ...

Takes a deep breath and casts a mighty spell...

UP!!!!!!

And the thread floats up...*

25. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    Evenin' all! Sorry I've not posted in a while, I've needed to do some overtime at work. Plus, I've not had a decent sleep in the past three days as a bloody wasp has turned up in my room at roughly 4 o'clock in the mornin'. For three days running! I've got a horrible feeling there's a nest somewhere close. Gak.

Anyroad, I'm still working on Chapter 17, which will hopefull be very exciting. Tiahn and co will finally leave poor old Dooku in peace and continue on their merry way to Dagobah. Glidath and Lori will have hangovers. Raskovik will be contacted by a certain someone regarding the girl's run in with the Black Sun member, and has another run in with Palpy. And the Seperatists will finally get their act together and sort out what they're going to do. And Padme and Mrs Brasti will discuss babies.

It'll probably be a long one...

Anyroad, thanks are in order to all the usual suspects:

Darth_Lex: Yep, I can't believe Padders is taking it seriously either...

Poor Tiahn. Lightsaber fighting is not ballet, dear.

Ballet dancers with lightsabres... Now there's an idea... [face_laugh]

I'm glad Boba coming across so well. It's quite hard to write for an eleven year old pragmatist.

Sorry to say that there will be more knee to groin encounters in this story. I have no sense of honour... [face_devil] 8-}

Darth_Jurious: Glad you liked the "sexual frustration leads to the Dark Side" line. I just thought of it one day and couldn't get it out of my head! S'fair point, though, don't you think?

As for being at the night out; you'd probably be better off watching from a safe distance. Under a table. :D

Geo3: Um, I've never actually read (or seen) Harry Potter. It's just never grabbed me. So I asked my wee sister Jenna, Potter fanatic, who "He who can't be mentioned" is and got an enthusiastic 2 hour lecture. Still don't know anything about it... :D

As for the drunken punch up, well, the girls needed to let off some steam. After everything that's happened, can you blame them. You're more than welcome to come along next time, just make sure you're up on the old martial arts. And insured.

Yes, Black Sun are going to stick their oar in. The daft buggers... [face_devil]

And that's just about it, I think. Here's another interlude till Chappy 17 is ready. Hope you all like it. Gill XXX

Interlude II

Darkness filled Castle Dooku, silence echoing through the corridors. The Count?s ancestral home could be quite menacing, in those strange hours during the night when others slept. All those old portraits that seemed to watch you, the gloomy winding passageways, the shadowy places where imaginary fiends might lurk. It was too easy to let the imagination run riot in a place like this.

Unless, of course, you were Count Arkadi Dooku himself. Dark and menacing was what this man was all about. Nothing boosts the confidence like the knowledge that the most terrible thing you could meet on a cold dark night was yourself. He stalked the empty halls and passageways like a tiger in a jungle. This was his domain. He knew every nook and cranny, was attuned to the very feel of the place. His gliding tread raised no sound from the flagstones. Anyone walking out from, say, the intersecting corridor up ahead, would have got a nasty shock.

?Waaaahhh!? Tiahn jumped, dropping her glass of milk. Dooku deftly caught it with the Force and took hold of it. His daughter leaned weakly against the wall, trying to calm down.

?You have got to stop doing that!? she managed to gasp out, ?Are you trying to give me a heart attack, or what??

?I do apologise, my dear. I had no idea anyone else was awake.?

?You couldnae sleep either eh? My brain?s buzzing,? she grinned weakly up at the tall man, ?This has been one bloody weird day.?

The Count chuckled, passing the glass back to her and then gently taking her arm, ?You have a remarkable talent for understatement,? he paused and looked down upo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.