main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

See what you think of this...;Terra Incognito: people from another universe tumble into

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by illuminatrix, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Fantastic post! :D

Did you get seeds from a Dark Side plant shop?
    Even in the midst of all the seriousness, you work in brilliant lines like this. It made me laugh out loud (really).

I think he would try to bring me back to the Light, but... But I don?t think I would have listened
    Wonderful characterization of Anakin in this post, particularly here. This is a moving sign of how much he has grown up in your story, that he now has the self-awareness to see this flaw in himself. Yay!

I don?t need you
    That says it all right there. Perfect.

Her voice was waves on a shore, bells underwater.
    This is a beautiful, lyrical description. It's not funny or profound, like the other things I commented on. So what? I just had to tell you how much I liked it.

Can't wait for more, and you've really got me wondering what's next for this crew.... :D :D

2. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Evenin' all!

Thanks to Darth_Lex, Darth_Jurious and AgentJaid for their comments (and mild hysteria 8-}), and to Geo3 for her lovely PM.

Get your hankies out for this one; it's a bit emotional...

Anakin wondered how good a Knight he?d be if he had a nervous breakdown because of all this.

He slumped against the wall and studied the lady with wide eyes. A massive charge of power emitted from her; her Force signature filled the cave and probably the surrounding area outside too. Neighter Light nor Dark, but at a point between them. He recognised her. He?d looked up at her statue in the chapel aboard the Killer Whale.

He cleared his throat and wondered how you addressed a manifested goddess.

?Hmm, goddess?? She wandered over to a rock, sat down, then smiled at him, ?Dunno about goddess. Spirit, maybe. I?m different things to different people. Come over here and have a seat, Skywalker. You?ve had a rough day.?

?You?re Eliahn,? Anakin managed, even as the realisation she?d heard his unspoken thoughts dawned on him. Eliahn grinned.

?That?s what the Voistoki call me. I?ve got a lot of names.?

Anakin staggered over to the incandescent woman and collapsed on the floor before her.

?Why are you here, Ma?am??

?To give you a hand.?

?But? Well, I?m not Voistoki. I, uh, don?t follow your religion??

Eliahn brushed a lock of floating hair out of her face, ?You and the rest of the Jedi lads want the Force balanced. What do I represent? Equilibrium. You, m?laddo, are the Chosen One.?

Anakin stared up at her with a fallen jaw. She grinned and nodded.

?Oh, yes you are, you poor sod. One way or another, you will restore balance. That makes you one of my followers. Anyone who tries to make life a bit more harmonious is one of mine, even if they never know it.?

Anakin stared at the ground, ?That?s all very well, but? I haven?t got a clue how to do it! A lot of Masters say to destroy the Darkside will do it, but, well, that just feels totally wrong!?

?You?re right there. It is wrong. Let me see if I can give you a clue?? Eliahn held out her hand and a set of scales appeared. Now she looked exactly like her statue from the Killer Whale. Anakin looked carefully at the scales.

?OK, scales. They weigh things??

?How do they weigh things, Anakin??

It was a simplistic question that was more likely to be addressed to a youngling, but Anakin knew the ? spirit, whatever she was, was trying to get him to slow down and think.

?You put what you want to weigh in one pan. Then you add weights until it balances??

?Right.? A ball of light winked on over one pan, and it dipped down. Anakin watched the other pan rise.

?This is the Light side of the Force,? said Eliahn, ?But it?s not all of the Force is it??

?No??

?And just the Light side isn?t making the old scales balance. What would you need to go in the other pan??

Anakin looked up at her. Eliahn was watching him intently. He looked back down at the scales.

?The Force needs both the Light and the Dark. They need to be equal, so they can balance? Is that what you?re saying??

?You can?t have one without the other, laddie. You can?t tell if it?s daytime if you?ve never seen the night. Everything has an equal and exact opposite. If one grows stronger, or diminishes, it throws the whole thing off kilter.?

Anakin sat back, his mind not so much racing as gone past the finish line and off out the stadium. He felt the certainty sink in. This is it, the Force sang in his mind, this is what?s wrong. One side has always tried to destroy the other. There should always be conflict between the two, but not annihilation. The Light and the Dark tell each other what they are.

?The Dark has grown because we didn?t learn about it. We were scared. There was a war thousands of years ago??

?I know. I?m picking up the history here. The Sith were wiped out by the J

3. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm so glad you warned me about the tissues!

I didn't expect this - I really didn't - but it is all so PERFECT! Of course the Force is all one. And of course the light and the dark need one another. Balance is balance is balance.

*sniffles*

And ... Anakin has been forgiven! Which means that he can forgive himself! And he's a KNIGHT! And Master Yoda rocks!

I dearly love your matter-of fact, no-nonsense deity!

Thank you for this. I feel as though a weight has been lifted...

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Poor Tihan... Crying isn't fun...

YAY for Anakin!! :D I did find it very touching how Obi-Wan used Qui-Gon's blade to cut Anakin's braid. Very sweet.

I also liked his reaction to the Goddess. His being Anakin....

More Xizor!! :D

*dances gleefully about*

5. darth_jurious

darth_jurious Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    Yay! Ani's a big boy now! ^___^ Who would have thought? And the goddess rocked! You just don't expect a deity to be so damn chirpy and...well, normal!

I can't wait to read more - Yoda spills the beer...? LOL - he's just so cool! And I look forward to seeing how Ani deals with balancing the Force!

6. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Great post! :D

The absolution of Anakin by the Voistocki deity was inspired. It is so wonderful to see him finally make peace with himself. (Although you've really got me wondering what the solution is... I can't see Palpy signing a treaty or something... Hmm...)

Tiahn cried. :eek: It makes sense, but it's just kind of funny. She so often tries to control her feelings it's good to have a little laugh at her loss of it here. Hee hee! :cool:

Can't wait for more, especially Yoda's story. Oh, and Gunray getting killed -- right? A guy can hope... [face_devil] [face_devil]

7. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    Mornin' kiddies! Here's the first part of Chapter 19. Hope you enjoy it, but first; hello to all the usual suspects:

Geo3: Glad you were pleasantly suprised! And of course the light and the dark need one another. Balance is balance is balance. Yep, can't have on with out the other, can you? And thanks for letting me use your tissues when I got a bit blubby on your own thread... :D

Agent_Jaid: Glad you enjoyed it! There will be more from Xizor soon...

darth_jurious: Cheers! Yoda spills the beer...?
    Beans! I said BEANS! Perhaps this thread is getting a tad alcohol fixated... :D

Darth_Lex: I can't see Palpy signing a treaty or something... Hmm... *does Geo impersonation on her "Winds of Change thread* "I couldn't possibly say..." 8-} ;)

Tiahn cried. She can face down Dooku, Palpy and Durge, but she blubs at weddings and Knighting ceremonies... [face_smile]

Glad you all liked Eliahn. :D

Nineteen

Finally! Dooku thought.

Nute Gunray had grudgingly agreed to sign up the Trade Federation to the Confederacy?s peace plan. The Count ran his gaze around the members sitting at the conference table. Each and every one of them, including the stoic Wat Tambor, were trying to roll their eyes without the sullen Nemoidan noticing. And Tambor?s eye?s, behind the mask of his pressure suit, couldn?t even be seen. Sometimes, having the ability to sense other people?s emotions could be a problem, especially when one is trying to keep a straight face. His eyes finally rested upon Jadrith. She suddenly seemed to find the ceiling a fascinating study subject. Her shoulders were shaking slightly.

?Splendid. My thanks to you, Viceroy,? he finally said, dryly, ?Now, to business. You all have a copy of my plans, so before we proceed I?d like to hear your thoughts??

Shu Mai cleared her throat; ?I?m not too keen on your proposal to attend the initial meeting alone, your Grace. On one hand, we need to present a united front. On the other, something may go wrong. While I don?t doubt your ability to defend yourself,? her narrow mouth broadened in a suprisingly sweet grin, she was well aware of his skills, ?But if we lost you??

?If anything happened to me, you all would still be free and able to proceed in the direction you felt best. I do understand your concern, my dear. But think of it; having all the Separatist leaders together? Palpatine would find that tempting. He would hesitate, however, if there were only one of us present. He would not risk your displeasure by attempting my assassination or capture??

?And our displeasure,? Jadrith broke in, ?All the meetings will be on Gatehouse. If he tries anything on our turf, Palpatine will have us to deal with as well as you.?

?You?ve got a point, Madame,? said San Hill, grinning, ?I wouldn?t want to upset your people. I heard two Voistoki females took out fifty Black Sun members in a bar fight.? He saw the look on Jadrith?s face, ?Um, I heard it from some, er, independent haulage workers.?

?Smugglers, right? Nobody like those buggers for gossip?? Jadrith groaned and covered her eyes, ?Uh, it was ten, actually. That?s the official count, anyway, from the two girls that were involved.?

According to Baron Raskovik, the story of the Outlander brawl had spread around Coruscant, evolving as it passed from one ear to the next. The other day, Elori had heard a particularly bizarre version involving forty Black Sun members, six clone troopers, two droids and a Wookie amongst the casualties. It had only been a matter of time before it got offplanet?

?Really? Ten? That?s still quite impressive,? Hill stared at her with a mixture of amazement and respect, ?And I thought my wife was bad tempered??

Shu Mai couldn?t help but notice the little look that passed between the Count and Madame Magog. She glanced over at Poggle, who nodded slightly. Aha?

Their conc

8. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    I really like this...Though, Yoda as an angry, disobediant Padawan is hard to swallow....Yet, it works perfectly in context....

Keep up the good work. :)

9. illuminatrix

Oct 17, 2002
    The Yoda story was taken from the Star Wars Tales comic - the story was called "Heart of Darkness". Maybe I should have mentioned that... I'll try and scan it into my computer, if anyone's interested.

10. BSG7SOLARIA7

BSG7SOLARIA7 Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    Yoda has a darkside. Hmm this I would love to read.

Waiting on more chapters to this wonderful story. Just how is Ani going to balance the Force?

May the Force be with you.....

11. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay, I have to say that the Separatist leaders taking bets on Dooku's love life -- because they are bored (!!) -- is side-splittingly funny! Really. I'm in pain. The Poggle-Dooku part was laugh out loud hysterical.

And then there's the very serious Yoda part. Very well done as well.

Can't wait for more! :D

12. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Behind, I am, on my posting. Correct this, I will!

I'm with Darth_Lex - the business with the Separatists taking bets on Dooku and Jadrith was rolling-on-the-floor funny. Thank goodness I have long since learned never to drink coffee while reading your story...hormonal humans indeed!

Dooku's recovery at the idea of a marriage was elegant indeed - I would expect no less of him - and his chosen revenge on the Geonosian ("you're going to be flower girl") had me rolling all over again. I wonder else he is going to cook up for the other ones?

I loved the story about Yoda and the tree. I have no difficulty imagining him as an impatient and disobedient Padawan. It is my unswerving belief that we all have a dark side, and that the thing that makes the mature Jedi so impressive is their mastery of that dark side. If you never have to struggle to begin with, there's not much to admire in remaining in the light, now, is there? And it's the struggle that I find so dramatic and impressive.

Despite their best efforts, the mud on Dagobah tended to get everywhere.

LOL! Mud...sand...no matter what, it's everywhere....

13. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    *Runs around smiling* I made it! I've been so busy and disorganised lately, I can hardly believe it - they do not make a good combo; when I'm not busy, I just can't seem to get ought done, and when I am busy, I simply can't! Ach!

Anyway, wonderful chapter once more! ^____^ I'm gonna concur with everyone else - Dooku's comeback at good ol' Poggle was a classic:

Dooku treated Poggle to an evil little smile, ?And as for the wedding? I suggest you spend your winnings on a nice dress. You?re going to be the flower girl.?

LOL! :D Fantastic! I'm looking forward to more, and promise to read it sooner next time! *slaps wrist* I need to get my rear in gear...

14. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Poggle the Flower girl everyone! ^_^ Check it out!

Poggle pic

:D LOL

15. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    UP, UP, UP! :_|

16. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
  17. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    This story sounds great. I gotta back up and read it all.:)

18. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok I read it from the beginning, and man did I laugh my butt off in places.:) An amazingread.:) I liked how the charactors were written espcially Yoda. You gave some unexpected people a heart. Dooku for one, and a sneaky Yoda for another.:)

19. BSG7SOLARIA7

BSG7SOLARIA7 Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    Just checking if there are going to be any more chapters written.

20. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    The only way is ---UP! :D

21. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

wow!! I can't believe I've gone thus far without an update!! :D

I love this fic forever and ever more. *crosses heart*

Please be alive!!

[face_praying]

22. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Ermm... up? Maybe?

23. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Poggle the Lesser as a FLower girl? ROTFLMBO!!! WOohoo, heheheh funny . TOo stinking funny.:) Niicee leeegggs Poggle.:)<snicker>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.