main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

See You Soon (The Death of Anakin Solo - Revised) <------ Winner of 2001FFA 'Best Short Story'

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Nov 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    ~*See You Soon*~

AN: Special Thanks goes out to my beta, Qwi and my Sith Master, Ish, who always seems to be on at the right time and at the right place. I would not have being able to do this without you two. I first thought of this fic when I was reading both a sad Dark Angel fic and then a happy Anakin/Tahiri one and they both actually came together to form what you know of as, this!

Feedback is greatly appeciated and I promise to reply to everybodys replies or questions. I am also looking for another beta for this fic, as I'd like to submit it to TFN. If you are interested, please PM me. Now I think by now these AN's are long enough. So, I shall leave you to read. Also I may advise that I've been warned that you need a box of tissues when reading this fic.

May The Force Be With You

~*~

~ If I should die before I wake, then Force forbid I should die before your eyes... ~

~*~

His body twisted, first to the left and then to the right, and with it his pace slowed slightly. The blaster bolts glided past him, barely missing his sweat-soaked form. His breath came in short gasps, his mind barely managing to accomplish the task of running and breathing at the same time. Not only was he mentally tired, he was even worse physically. His legs were exhausted and a cold ache settled into his muscles. He had used the Force to hide himself from his attackers, and once they had passed him, he had moved in the opposite direction, but he knew that it was only a matter of time before they located him.

He once thought he could never run this hard or this fast, but he'd now proved himself wrong. His boots hit the dirt, each step occurring in a matter of milliseconds. The rough old boots he wore did not adapt easily to the landscape of this planet, and for that reason they were slowing him down. It was not only the desert terrain that seemed to be affecting his senses, but also the climate.

His face was saturated with sweat, signifying the brute strength and raw effort of his actions. Small, insignificant drops of sweat fell down both sides of his face. The drops would eventually continue on after reaching the end of his jaw line, dripping to the ground and mixing in with the dry orange dirt.

He was constantly trying to maintain a steady pace, but wasn?t quite able to. Even considering he was a Jedi, he would never be able to escape from them. He already knew that running was useless. Any type of escape was useless. Well, unless he could get to the ship in time--before they lifted off.

He?d told them to go. He'd ordered them to escape once he had first discovered that their enemies occupied this planet also. But they had refused to go and leave him there. It was a foolish emotion, that of loyalty. It was an emotion that would ultimately cost the lives of not only the crew aboard the vessel, but also the life of his soul mate.

His soul mate...

His shoulders slumped at the thought of her. He had promised her only a few hours ago that he would come back safe and sound, like he always did. What would become of his promise after his death? Would she ever forgive him for leaving her alone in this war-ridden universe? He'd asked himself this several times, and each time, the Force responded with the same answer.

Though he was stubborn, and he would not allow himself to believe the answer that the Force provided him with. It was the only bad aspect of being soul mates--if he died, Tahiri would eventually die along with him. Could a person perish because of a broken heart? He shook his head, a large groan escaping from his lips. No, he knew Tahiri was so much stronger than that. She would continue on, to battle whatever forces of evil appeared. But how could the severing of their bond not tear her apart? She would be forever tormented in her dreams with memories of their times together. Whether or not he wished her to see them, he couldn't prevent them. He could hardly believe what he was saying. He tried to ignore the conflict of emotions he was experiencing. N

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    You were right about that tissue!!! That was great!!!

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    :_| :_| :_| I already read it and I'm crying again!

4. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Oh my God, I'm in awe. I'm not one for mush or tears, but my blood turned cold. It's midnight, and I'm sitting, shivering as I read that. I think that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. A reminder to believe in love...just what I needed. That was amazing. I can't say anything to do justice to that, but.......wowzers, I've been blown away, and not many things can say that they can do that to me.

You have my deepest honors.

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    LoneWolf89: Thanks so much for reading, thought everyboyd might need a tissue.

Qwi: Thank you, my beta-reader, you were fantastic. Let alone any comments about me ;) Oh Force, crying again...I have that affect on people sometimes.

ArnaKyle: Your reply warmed me to my bones, I haven't got much feedback which was like this. Blood turning cold, sitting in darkness, it just adds to it. I believe in love....I hope you do too. It's after all what I hope to find one day and last nigt I just wanted to write a fic like this, I felt compelled. Having a person's deepest honours is so special, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and boost my ego for future projects. I know hope to find another good beta and let this become the first A/T fic in TFN.

People, please, anymore replies?

Am [face_love]

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
  7. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Wow. That was... wow. That was beautiful. And sad. Words cannot describe how good it is.

I'm in the same position as ArnaKyle. Except it's later than midnight. :D

And I'm crying. :(

But I've got a box of tissues here! :)

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh my holy Force! This was amazing, Am! Really. The way you described Anakin and Tahiri's thoughts and feelings was incredible, awesome, and very realistic. The vulnerability and how Anakin was at peace before he died, and how Tahiri held him... beautiful. :) Great work. It was mushy, but not TOO mushy, which was very good. ;) I almost cried at the end (I'm saying ALMOST, because the only book I cried at was Quo Vadis from Henryk Sienkiewicz). :D But it was sad, but still very beautiful. :)

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Chin wobbles.:: Darn it, Am, that was heartbreaking! ::Stamps foot in frustration and runs off so she won't be tempted to cry.::

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Ooooh! Am, look, you made Ish cry!!! ;) You truly did a great job... :D Congratulations!!! :)

11. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    :_| Am, this was so amazing!!! Heartbreaking and...Well, everyone else has already expressed my feelings so perfectly! This short story was perfect! :)

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Mar -- GOD THAT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!!! I always wanted to do a Anakin/Tahiri fic, but it ended up being sad. The part where Tahiri held Anakin, actually did crack me up into tears. I'm trying to get this into TFN *fingers crosses* God, I cannot get over all the feedback I got for this...

Ish -- OMG, that's such a comment coming from you! God, I love you guys.....makes me feel a whole lot better. Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Leia -- Thanks, I know most things have been said, I don't even know how to reply to your amazing comments. Glad you decided to read along... :)

Am [face_love]

13. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    TEARS!!!!!

14. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    ::sniffle:: That was great....

15. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Depressing! I usually do not read stories past Epiode 4, but I read this, and it was great :)

Great as in depressing :_| It was so emotional, I nearly brought tears to my eyes- and I don't cry :eek:

WOW Am, wow :_|

16. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    :_| It's back at the top and I'm crying again!!!! It's 2:17AM and being tired and reading sad things again isn't a good combination with me. :_| I LOVE THIS FIC!!! Just thought I'd tell you again.

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Jedi-Jade: Thanks for replying, even when you were crying :)

Tahiri: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it

TJG: I hardly ever write fics that are past EP4, but I felt compelled to write this one. Depressing fics attract me, hehehe Don't worry everybody's been crying here, so let's form a club :) Thank you, for replying.

Qwi: LOL, yep and it's going back up to the top again. Your my lil' support Qwi, thanks so much for your devotion. Though you can express how muhc you like this thread at the 2001 JC Fanfiction Forums.

That goes for all you A/T fans, please vote for this thread. It qualifies for most of the categories, especially Short Stories. Thanks so much, in advance :D Here's the link

2001 JC Fanfiction Forums

Am [face_love]

18. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I just stopped in again to reread it. It still made me cry. I don't think any EU reader here could stop themselves. That was truly brilliant work.

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks so much and I'd soo appreciate if you'd vote for this lil' EU fic in the 2001 Awards. There's not many EU and only mine and Qwi's T/A.

Thanks for re-reading it!

: hands lonewolf a tissue :

Am [face_love]

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    YES! VOTE FOR THIS WONDERFUL FIC!!! :D :D :D

In case you guys don't know, it qualifies for the best Romance, best AU, best short story, and of course, best author!!! ;) :D

21. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    That was so sad :(

22. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    That was some awsome writing you did there.
    You depressed the hell out of me. :_|

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Mar -- *blush* You made me laugh my head off, but just think everything Mar says is true. It qualifies for all of those.....*crosses fingers* I'm praying that this fic will win an award.

GS335 -- In a strange way, I'm glad you feel like that :)

Ani --- Thanks, I aim to please and sometimes depress

:D

Am [face_love]

24. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    <cries>
    That was so sad...

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Well thank-you, in a way :D Don't mean to make you cry, but thanks for replying. This fic has been so good to me.

Anybody else there?

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.