main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seeing AOTC in Digital

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by tagar, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tagar

tagar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone has gotten out to see it in a digital theater yet.
    I have plans to go to the Northen NJ theater on the 15 of June.

2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I heard a rumor there is a digital screen in King of Prussia. I guess this isn't true if you're going off to NJ.

!snap

3. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    There isn't a digital screen in KofP. Although there is an IMAX at the UA KofP theater.

I want to go on the 15th! Who else wants to go? We can organize it as an event!

Calixte

4. tagar

May 1, 2002
    I will know tomorrow if we are going or not. Three guys with girlfriends/wives/kids/other is hard to coordinate sometimes.
    Which reminds me that I am going to see what time it is showing...ill post back when i find screen times.

5. tagar

May 1, 2002
    Digital theater times:

Loews Cineplex Jersey Gardens
    651 Kapowski Road, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
    10:55am | 2:00 | 5:10 | 8:40
    --------------------------------
    339 River Road
    Edgewater, NJ 07020
    (201)840-0699
    10am 1pm 4pm 7pm 10pm
    ---------------------------------
    Has anybody heard anything about these theaters...ill have to look around to see whcich would be the best one to go to.

They didnt have times for the 15th yet but this looks like regular showtimes.
    And it turns out that these theaters are very close together. hmmm...Why doesnt the philadelphia area have one yet???
    I bet we ahve one before ep3. In that case do i try to get there opening night or do I go back to the same place I saw the first two just out of tradition...

6. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
  7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    hey tagar,
    any progress on getting the group together for the digital screening?

keep me posted. if it's convenient i might want to go with y'all!

cali

8. tagar

May 1, 2002
    Well my plans are on hold right now. My buddies father passed away this weekend. He wont be back to work till next week and Im not going to push anything. If he brings it up and still wants to go then Ill let you know here.

9. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    sorry to hear about your buddy's dad.

well, just keep us posted here.

j

10. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    hi all,
    just wanted to update you on possibly seeing aotc in digital on august 3. it is still playing at the elizabeth, nj loews at least until this thursday. on thursday i need to call and see if it's playing til the following thursday...finally, on thursday, aug 1 i'll need to call to see if it's still playing over the weekend we want to go.

so with all that in mind we've got two options...first, plan a will be to go see aotc in digital at the elizabeth, nj loews on august 3 provided it is still playing there but the plans will not be final until thursday, august 1.

plan b: plan to go see aotc anyway, but if aotc is not showing in digital any more, then go see it locally together as a group same day for a matinee. spouses, significant others, children and other aliens are allowed.

that means i will need to start getting a count of who is in and how many tix you'll each need. i will be PREPURCHASING tix for aotc digital on thursday aug 1 IF it is still playing. if we go to see it locally you can all get your own tix when we meet at the theater.

so, start giving me a count. i'd like to shoot for a 2:15pm show for the digital version which means we need to leave NO LATER than 11am to give us plenty of time to account for traffic on the nj turnpike. we will arrange carpools as necessary.

if we go locally, we'll shoot for the 3:45pm showing at the AMC plymouth meeting, provided they are still showing on august 3.

so, count off!!!

11. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Matt K. and me so far..anyone else?
    J

12. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    I'd love to go, just need a definite date and time, so I can adjust my work schedule.

13. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok everyone, some sad news. AOTC is no longer showing in digital at the Loews in NJ. So, looks like we'll be staying in the area.

I say we go for the 3:40pm show on Saturday at the Plymouth Meeting AMC.

Who's in?

14. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Will that be this upcoming Saturday

15. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I'm in. Will you still be reserving tickets for this or is it just buy when you get there?

-Jack

16. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    This Saturday, August 3. The 3:40pm show at the Plymouth Meeting AMC next to the mall. This is a 'buy your own ticket when you get there' deal.

I have a brief wedding ceremony to attend at 2:30 and will be arriving at about 3:30 for the showing. Best for you to go in and get seats in the 7th or 8th rows (I'm told this is the vortex of the sound).

Check here to see who else is going.

Jenni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.