main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Seeing IMAX 1 Last Time

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I wanted to see if anyone was interested in seeing IMAX for the last time as a group? It is over at the end of the month, then it will become one with the force. So you guys up for it?

2. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I am, and pie751 said he'll come

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Wannna!! Lets go! When? Can't do it this Saturday. Could go this Sunday and anytime next weekend . . .

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The Steelers play on monday night December 23rd and what about the day before? Or maybe sometime next weekend(any day other than sunday).

5. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I REALLY wanna go, I NEVER got to see it there yet :( But I fear the only day I can make it would be the 22nd. Can we do it then?

6. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Just let me know the date!

7. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    actually i'm taking my bro as part of his christmas present but it will be like the 27th i think... i dunno yet though.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Krash the CR from Cleveland has informed that they are coming down on Sunday December 29th. It would be cool to meet some of those guys. I say we pick that day to go.

9. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    If you guys see it - try to sit as close to the middle as possible. I was second to the edge and it was horrible...

10. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    The 29th.. okay- I have that day, the 31st, and the 1st of January now.. ^_^
    Do we have a time yet?

11. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Sorry guys. Sunday, December 22 is the only day the hubs and I can make it. Maybe I'll catch you all another time. :(

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    29th is good for me & I think it would be cool to meet with another fanforce. Sorry that date is bad for Rebel Dawn, though . . .

Strange little, pointless story that was brought to mind by Rebel Dawn's sig. My US history class was reviewing for a test on the close of the Western Frontier, including the last of the Indian Wars. While talking about the Sand Creek massacre, DarthDahc and I had to use part of that line. It was funny at the time. Okay, kinda twisted little story, too.

13. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I will come the 29th

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    What time on the 29th? Are we meeting in the lobby? Are we going out to eat afterwards?

15. Heilo

Heilo Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    I'd love to see Star Wars there again. What time 'cause I'm probably going to have to take off work?

I was actually at the opening night IMAX thing, when a few people from the board got dressed up. But that was before I joined this board. Oh yeah, and that Two Towers thing, I was there too.

16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    A small Rebel force from Cleveland has penetrated the shield, and landed on...Pittsburgh!

We're coming to your neighborhood, this Sunday...December 29th to see the IMAX movie! We're not sure about what time yet, was hoping to plan to meet some of you guys...something in the early afternoon would do nice (since we're driving there and back in one day)

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey Doug glad to see yo found the boards.

Krash just let me know when we will be expecting you and we will try and get a definitive meeting time and place.

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    There is only one show time for SW on Sunday, the 29th (according to the Carnegie's website) and that is at 4:30 . . .

No advance tickets are being sold this week, but if our visitors give me a count, I'll go early Sunday and buy their tickets (just pay me back when they get there).

I suggest that we meet in the front lobby (there is a red bench outside the gift shop that makes a nice meeting place) around 4:00. A bit early, but I observed last weekend that the line for AOTC are still long and we want to get good seats.

Afterwards, perhaps we can go out to dinner . . .

What say you??

19. Heilo

Heilo Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    Sounds good. I'll be there.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That would be wonderful greencat336...thank you very much. As of right now, we have 2 CONFIRMED...with 1 MAYBE; I told my guys to PM me by 10pm Friday on whether they are going...I'll then post a definate jedi-count for you that night (anyone else is on their own for getting tickets) But I would appreciate it very much if you could do that for us (my sister and I) and possibly the 3rd person.

Rox - Here's the thing...how much is there to do around the IMAX theater? I wouldn't mind going someplace to socialize before the movie, but what options do we have? It's roughly 2.5 hours from here, so whenever you'd like to meet will determine our departure time. 4PM outside the gift shop sounds fine!!!

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    There are all kinds of restraunts, the Science Center itself and plenty of things within driving distance of the Science Center we could do.

22. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Greetings Pittsburgh! :)

That maybe can go (me). I had to ask my parents if I could go, since they are supposed to be going away this weekend to look at the snow in PA and NY. (Which I don't know if they are going to do right now...)

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys! :)

23. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    hey my brother and i are coming...we need to know what time because actually i work till 3 but i might be able to uh...get sick again...hint chad...don't come to taco bell and ask me what time i'm leaving ...

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We're leaving Cleveland around 12:30 (2.5 hours later...we should be rolling into town)

I'll leave it up to you where we can get something to eat (before or afterwards) shall we stay with meeting up at 4PM in front of the gift shop.

25. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    GC - You can count both me and the Mr. in

Is the gift shop by where we were set up taking pictures the second night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.